Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10835548 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6399) (6400) (6401) (6402) (6403) (6404) (6405) ... (7735) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:13pm On Jun 12, 2021
emmasoft:

Industry leader doesn't necessarily mean price of stock.
Analyst look at market capitalization, depositors funds, profit after tax, market share etc. Not just just share price.
Mind you some years back IBTC did share reconstruction otherwise the price used to revolve round N10.

And the outstanding shares reduced

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 6:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

As Money Manager you should know that there is no relationship between Stock Price and Market Leadership.

A stock selling at N10 can have a bigger market share, profitablity, efficiency, earning growth than a stock selling at N50.

It is so simple

This statement is not true
Usually the industry leading company in the financial market has greater focus by investors and leading price which dictates its position and value.

Check stocks and industries globally

I am amazed at your arrogance but then again you are just showing us your character undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:20pm On Jun 12, 2021
moneymanager:

This statement is not true
Usually the industry leading company in the financial market has greater focus by investors and leading price which dictates its position and value.

Check stocks and industries globally

I am amazed at your arrogance but then again you are just show us your character undecided

The outstanding shares will determine the earnings per share, which will affect the share price.

Stanbic IBTC made a profit after tax of N80 billion in 2020.

GTB made N195 billion.

Stanbic has less than 12 billion shares while GTB has about 30 billion shares.

Do the maths and calculate their EPS and likely share price using an industry average PE ratio of 5

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:23pm On Jun 12, 2021
GTB currently has a market capitalisation of almost N900 billion, while Stanbic IBTC has less than N500 billion.

Please correct me if I am wrong

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 6:23pm On Jun 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The outstanding shares will determine the earnings per share, which will affect the share price.

Stanbic IBTC made a profit after tax of N80 billion in 2020.

GTB made N195 billion.

Stanbic has less than 12 billion shares while GTB has about 30 billion shares.

Do the maths and calculate their EPS and likely share price using an industry average PE ratio of 5

Nice one sir
Straight forward and no yabbis
Last comment for the day
Have a good weekend everyone undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by clems88(m): 6:42pm On Jun 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

There is no easy money any where.

How did you get the $200? Continue doing what produced the fund, having an emergency reserve that can take care of your expenses in case you lose your job, suffer a loss in your business or any unforeseen circumstances.

Then invest regularly, visit this thread read books on investment, finance, business, economic, in 24 months time you should be doing better
I dropship. Just needed to add other source
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SweetVibe: 7:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
The way I so much enjoy this thread,the knowledge I get from here can not even be gotten from the classroom.
My appreciation goes to

emmanuelwumi
emmasoft
Mpeace
locodemy
yMcy56

I appreciate all your contributions, God bless you all

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2021
I just invested in UACN due to dividend and Reits.
I am looking at 1 years period.
Please OGG,Pa Emma, yMcy, Valueinvestor, locodemy advice me I am on the right part.
I hope to port@N15.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by drotba(m): 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

You are a smart investor. I was surprised by the elementary question being asked a whole Money Manager

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:36am On Jun 13, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
Stock and Shares are the same thing. I think British call it shares and Americans call it Stock

Shares is what you own in a company:- for example Unlisted companies, MutualFunds.

Stock is what you own a company traded on the Stocks Exchange.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by joungblood(m): 2:07am On Jun 13, 2021
This is a very good investment property opportunity for anyone to grab fast, this property is right at the back of obasanjo Farm, 24hrs stable electricity, it is a 6 different apartment of room and palour and 8 stores, all well en-suite, tiles in all apartments with enough parking space and space to build more apartment, the property is leading to two streets, this property is sitting on a one and half plots of land, the location is as good as it gets. The asking price is 27 million, but open for negotiations, the property is just 2years old, reason for selling is that owner is relocating out of the country and don't really want anything holding them back. You can call or whatsapp me on this number.

Please whatsapp me for more pictures and videos of property, serious buyers can come inspect property
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:08am On Jun 13, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:

Shares is what you own in a company:- for example Unlisted companies, MutualFunds.

Stock is what you own a company traded on the Stocks Exchange.

What is the difference between shareholders and stockholders.

Warren Buffet usually refer to stockholders in his letters
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 7:53am On Jun 13, 2021
eziokwunwoko:
I just invested in UACN due to dividend and Reits.
I am looking at 1 years period.
Please OGG,Pa Emma, yMcy, Valueinvestor, locodemy advice me I am on the right part.
I hope to port@N15.
have you seen the first quarter result........................................ I feel what is keeping Uacn at this price is the reward in sight days from now, many that bourght circa #5 during covid are waiting for div qualification date to port, UACN is coming back to #6
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by erwinschro: 10:52am On Jun 13, 2021
emmasoft:

You can talk to your stockbroker.
Some negotiates with heavy trader HNI's when it comes to brokers commission.
Note it's just their commission they have power over other charges like cscs, vat, stamp duty etc are not in their control.

Around how much capital will you need to have with them to be able to negotiate their commission down?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:56am On Jun 13, 2021
erwinschro:

Around how much capital will you need to have with them to be able to negotiate their commission down?

N100 million and above transactions
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by erwinschro: 11:06am On Jun 13, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

N100 million and above transactions

Only for trades of 100m or an account value of 100m? Surely your AUM would be closer to N1bn to do individual transactions of N100m
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:13am On Jun 13, 2021
erwinschro:

Only for trades of 100m or an account value of 100m? Surely your AUM would be closer to N1bn to do individual transactions of N100m

Trade.

Pension Fund Managers, Mutual Fund Managers, Insurance companies, Corporate bodies and HNI don't pay the same commission with retail investors

If your portfolio is N100 million and above, some Stockbrokers will send bag of Rice, Turkey, Drinks etc to you during Christmas and other festive periods.

I think Meristem does that

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:29am On Jun 13, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

What is the difference between shareholders and stockholders.

Warren Buffet usually refer to stockholders in his letters

stockholders own Shares traded on an Exchange.

Only Shares traded on the Exchange are called stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:37am On Jun 13, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:

stockholders own Shares traded on an Exchange.

Only Shares traded on the Exchange are called stocks.

Stockholders and shareholders are the same.

Dangote Cement shareholders and Dangote Cement stockholders is the same thing.

Aliko is the biggest shareholder of Dangote Sugar and Aliko is the biggest stockholder of Dangote Sugar. You are referring to the same thing.

Check Investopedia for more explanations

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:53am On Jun 13, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Stockholders and shareholders are the same.

Dangote Cement shareholders and Dangote Cement stockholders is the same thing.

Akiko is the biggest shareholder of Dangote Sugar and Aliko is the biggest stockholder of Dangote Sugar. You are referring to the same thing.

Check Investopedia for more explanations

Because Dangote Sugar is on the Stock Exchange.

Your shares with MTN are Stocks

Your share with Globacom are not stocks

Difference:-

MTN Shares are on the Exchange, while GLOBACOM is not.

Read the last paragraph

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
Gentlemen it’s all good
Nice discussion so far but it’s not that big a deal sirs

strong points on both sides
Happy Sunday All undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 2:12pm On Jun 13, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Trade.

Pension Fund Managers, Mutual Fund Managers, Insurance companies, Corporate bodies and HNI don't pay the same commission with retail investors

If your portfolio is N100 million and above, some Stockbrokers will send bag of Rice, Turkey, Drinks etc to you during Christmas and other festive periods.

I think Meristem does that

This is true. My friend who uses Meristem gets goodies from them during christmas. Investment One used to send me hamper for christmas and then they stopped last year. I was angry with them. Maybe I should port to Meristem. Investment One allows me buy and sell shares with a commission of 0.5% like Morgan. I don't know if it's possible to negotiate it lower than that because it's still upsetting paying 7 figures on commissions on both the buy and sell side.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 3:06pm On Jun 13, 2021
Prepare for interim dividend and Balance your Portfolio.

If you wan chop interim dividend it’s time to enter SUGAZ (STANBIC, UBA, GTB, ACCESS and ZENITH) and others like Total, Seplat, Custodian, MTN, etc sometimes Okomu will join the list.

If you don’t have cscs account and want to invest for long term or you wish to trade stocks at the comfort of your room or office anywhere in the world, click the link on my signature to open account with investment one. You can PM, call or chat me up for details.

Don’t forget Abacus money market fund is making giant strides. Open account for free and start investing with juts N1,000.

Put your money where you will still have your BP normal, no stress no stories that touches the heart; capital and interest guaranteed.

You can open account for more than one product at the same time. JUST CLICK THE LINK ON MY SIGNATURE OR CALL ME

N.B: Account opening is free for all products. KYC Documents required:

1. ID Card which can be National id card, NIN Slip, voter’s card, In’l passport or drivers license
2. passport photograph
3. utility bill (NEPA bill, tenancy agreement, LAWMA receipt, NIN slip if you have other means of identification)
4. your signature.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 3:08pm On Jun 13, 2021
Lion123:

This is true. My friend who uses Meristem gets goodies from them during christmas. Investment One used to send me hamper for christmas and then they stopped last year. I was angry with them. Maybe I should port to Meristem. Investment One allows me buy and sell shares with a commission of 0.5% like Morgan. I don't know if it's possible to negotiate it lower than that because it's still upsetting paying 7 figures on commissions on both the buy and sell side.

ejor o no port o. You know na last year covid-19 things.

We value your patronage greatly.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
This week on Value Nigeria with Ajibola, we run through a quick summary of the major things we have discussed and introduce the concept of price, value and Margin of safety.

Thank you for listening...

https://anchor.fm/ajibola-oladele-awolowo/episodes/Margin-of-safety-Part-1-e12mi9t

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 5:42pm On Jun 13, 2021
Lion123:

Hello, you can easily open an account with Meristem by going online to www.meritrade.com, or call me 08058925928

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 5:42pm On Jun 13, 2021
moneymanager:
Wait O
If GTB is the industry leader (supposedly), how come stanbic is doing better than both GTB and Zenith from a market evaluations perspective undecided

Stanbic is not doing better.. or should I say, market valuation between companies is done based on market capitalization and not share prices of both companies.. see attached image.

As Emmanuelewumi already pointed out, share price reflects the total market capitalization, divided by total
outstanding shares of a company.

In other words, the larger the outstanding shares of a company, the lower the price.

Take Apple for example,
Its is the most valuable company in the world at about 2 trillion dollars, however it share price is ranging between 120 - 125 USD... while Google is selling at over 2500 USD per share, but a total market capitalization of 1.66 trillion USD.

Please invest wisely.. grin angry grin

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 5:53pm On Jun 13, 2021
emmasoft:
Prepare for interim dividend and Balance your Portfolio.

If you wan chop interim dividend it’s time to enter SUGAZ (STANBIC, UBA, GTB, ACCESS and ZENITH) and others like Total, Seplat, Custodian, MTN, etc sometimes Okomu will join the list.

If you don’t have cscs account and want to invest for long term or you wish to trade stocks at the comfort of your room or office anywhere in the world, click the link on my signature to open account with investment one. You can PM, call or chat me up for details.

Don’t forget Abacus money market fund is making giant strides. Open account for free and start investing with juts N1,000.

Put your money where you will still have your BP normal, no stress no stories that touches the heart; capital and interest guaranteed.

You can open account for more than one product at the same time. JUST CLICK THE LINK ON MY SIGNATURE OR CALL ME

N.B: Account opening is free for all products. KYC Documents required:

1. ID Card (National id card, NIN Slip, voter’s card, In’l passport)
2. passport photography
3. utility bill (NEPA bill, tenancy agreement, LAWMA receipt, NIN slip if you have other means of identification)
4. your signature.
More info Abt Abacus market fund
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 7:00pm On Jun 13, 2021
Mfunkynation:

More info Abt Abacus market fund

Abacus money market fund as the name implies is a MMF.

Principal underlying asset is treasury bills and commercial papers

The interest is daily valued. It's currently 6.39% and it's upward looking base on economic realities right now.

You earn interest daily but it's paid every quarter on the first day of the next quarter ie Jan 1st, April 1st, July 1st, Oct. 1st. You can also give instruction for your interest to be reinvested (compounding) which will be done automatically on those days as mentioned earlier.

Your capital and interest is guaranteed.

minimum holding period is 30days and initial deposit from 1,000.

Parties to the fund:

Fund manager - investment one
Trustees: United capital trustees ltd.
custodian: citibank
regulator: SEC

You can do everything online- register and monitor your account.

Depositing money is not restricted it can be any amount from 1,000 and at any interval without a specific pattern.
Whenever you invest in the fund, your interest is prorated to cover the period of your investment before the payment date.
That means if you register and invest say Tuesday 15th June 2021you will be paid interest for 15th to 30th of June for that period and continues till another payment date.

Don't forget to click the link on my signature to register for free that is the only way you can help my ministry.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gabscity(m): 10:33pm On Jun 13, 2021
emmasoft:

Abacus money market fund as the name implies is a MMF.

Principal underlying asset is treasury bills and commercial papers

The interest is daily valued. It's currently 6.39% and it's upward looking base on economic realities right now.

You earn interest daily but it's paid every quarter on the first day of the next quarter ie Jan 1st, April 1st, July 1st, Sept 1st. You can also give instruction for your interest to be reinvested (compounding) which will be done automatically on those days as mentioned earlier.

Your capital and interest is guaranteed.

minimum holding period is 30days and initial deposit from 1,000.

Parties to the fund:

Fund manager - investment one
Trustees: United capital trustees ltd.
custodian: citibank
regulator: SEC

You can do everything online- register and monitor your account.

Depositing money is not restricted it can be any amount from 1,000 and at any interval without a specific pattern.
Whenever you invest in the fund, your interest is prorated to cover the period of your investment before the payment date.
That means if you register and invest say Tuesday 15th June 2021you will be paid interest for 15th to 30th of June for that period and continues till another payment date.

Don't forget to click the link on my signature to register for free that is the only way you can help my ministry.

You are doing well

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LauraClasikVibe(f): 10:36pm On Jun 13, 2021
Llizyy:
Good evening house, please am a newbie in the stock market, I want to know if zenith bank shares is a good buy at #24.80, buying for dividend and long-term purpose.
How has the journey been in the last 6 months
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 7:59am On Jun 14, 2021
Llizyy:
Good evening house, please am a newbie in the stock market, I want to know if zenith bank shares is a good buy at #24.80, buying for dividend and long-term purpose

at the above mentioned price zenith is too high wait till end of september by then it might drop to 18 naira

(1) (2) (3) ... (6399) (6400) (6401) (6402) (6403) (6404) (6405) ... (7735) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: iHaveMadeiT2, MysTeerioz(f), Ginalex(f), IamR, DeRuggedProf, TsarZed, Zagee, ositadima1(m), Mpeace(m), Heishere, lionshare, Mfunkynation(m), Locotrader(m), Adinije(f), ekkywolex(m), 222Martins(m), courage89(m), Emumakpo and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.