Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (657) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10950871 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) ... (7777) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2015
Krisuba:
Oga myjoy come n finish wat u started.we r waitin for ur release.

Sir, what did i started? Don't forget we are all comedians in a virtual world. We are all making money this year my dear nairaland family and we are one no matter our differences. I greet my dear brother @Ak. Happy Sunday and best weekdays ahead!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kagame: 2:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
Aks:
@Sir Kagame - Thank you very much for the analysis. I think UBA will do better than other banks yet to release their result in terms of Dividend payment

Oga mi,you might be very correct.

Nigerian banks are full of surprises.

My argument was premised on the fact that UBA has been largely unsuccessful at raising money ,so they might want to retain more of their profits instead.

Lets see ,its only some few weeks away.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Primetech(m): 2:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
Hello House,
Happy Sunday to you all. Any insight on AfriPrud?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 2:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
Kagame:

GTB and Zenith are the two Nigerian banks with a huge capacity for growth in the short term and maybe long term. They are adequately capitalized (Tier 1) and very efficient. Their good tier 1 capital standing gives them enough head room for loan book expansion without falling below the minimum CAR required for SIBs.

FBNH is groaning under its own weight ; Inadequate shareholders fund in relation to its huge deposit liabilities and risk assets. I wont be surprised if they slow down loan growth in 2015 while retaining a good measure of profits in 2015 to give them enough headroom for future growth. They can also look inwards by improving their efficiency as their topline for 2014 was quite impressive.

At the moment, GTB ,Zenith are the clear market leaders.
The recent performance put up by these two banks made be jettison all my doubts and fears about their "going concern".if they could performed for year 2014 then what else they hv d best mgt team and are still the trailblazers and benchmarks of nigerian banking space.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LondonCool(m): 2:49pm On Mar 08, 2015
The recent volumes of activity on the FBNH suggest that lots of Hedge Funds and Foreign Investors have already started taking position. Whether it's for dividend returns or for a mini-bumper bull ride (capital gains) is another issue. The sentiment is there already. The Elephant has always delivered in good times and in bad times.

Disclosure: I own hundreds of thousands of FBNH shares.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2015
LondonCool:
The recent volumes of activity on the FBNH suggest that lots of Hedge Funds and Foreign Investors have already started taking position. Whether it's for dividend returns or for a mini-bumper bull ride (capital gains) is another issue. The sentiment is there already. The Elephant has always delivered in good times and in bad times.

Disclosure: I own hundreds of millionss of FBNH shares.

Chai see money!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 6:52pm On Mar 08, 2015
LondonCool:

Disclosure: I own hundreds of thousands of FBNH shares.

The highlighted we do not need here sir.

No harm meant.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MilikiAgent: 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2015
LondonCool:

Disclosure: I own billions of FBNH shares.

Picture of your portfolio or ....

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 7:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
MilikiAgent:

Picture of your portfolio or ....

We don't play childish game here
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 7:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
Aks:
@all, don't mind these comedians @ megainvest and myjoyo8. They love raising hopes unnecessarily and rely so much on false hope. why don't you ask them to share their loss statistics on NSE with you in that last 3 months? For Newbies, pls trade carefully and not chase a fast moving train.

What is the big deal in sharing +ve forward statement on this blog (I'm 100% sure they don't know jack abt the direction of NSE) if indeed they have info on the particular stock that will post better fig than the duo of Zenith and GTB than putting newbies (experienced guy won't bother anyway) on unhealthy sentiment.

I do my analysis myself and follow my mind. If you make gain or Loss, you'll definitely be happy dealing this way

ACESS and UBA,I blv the analyst is way too optimistic with dividend projection of N1,60K ( interim + full yr ) and N1,20K for both banks,
i will rather go with kagames analysis,but the report is from a well respectable firm.
Anyway who are mine,still on my donkey zenith enroute to the promise land grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 7:47pm On Mar 08, 2015
Josh121:

Youngzedd:

The highlighted we do not need here sir.
No harm meant.

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MilikiAgent: 8:49pm On Mar 08, 2015
Josh121:

Hmmmm my Oga wetin happen nau ? dont take people words so serious and personal , not everything make sense to everyone be it right or wrong over look and move on

Josh121:

#inconsistentbully

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LondonCool(m): 8:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MilikiAgent: 8:53pm On Mar 08, 2015
LondonCool:

HOUSENAME ACCOUNTNO SYMBOLNAME QUANTITY CURRENTPRICE CURRENTVALUE
AFRINVEST SECURITIES LTD DANGOTE SUGAR REFINERY PLC 10000 6.67 66700
AFRINVEST SECURITIES LTD FBN HOLDINGS PLC 328000 8.81 2889680
AFRINVEST SECURITIES LTD GUARANTY TRUST BANK 1000 24.28 24280
AFRINVEST SECURITIES LTD NATIONAL SALT COMPANY PLC 5000 6.73 33650
Total: 3,014,310.00
Indeed a picture is worth a thousand words.
Was just joking though. Big ups to you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 9:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
the best dividends have just been declared in the banking sector based on fair value.....which bank has been able to surpass the two in the recent time....however,the banks will begin to feel the heat of naira weakness and slow economic activities this year.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
stockbull:
the best dividends have just been declared in the banking sector based on fair value.....which bank has been able to surpass the two in the recent time....however,the banks will begin to feel the heat of naira weakness and slow economic activities this year.

although,I expect the banks to be more conservative thinking of the challenges ahead as regards the monetary policies.the banks should just have declared bonus script in order to retain earnings and prevent capital flight.this will prevent foreign investors from pulling their profit out of the market...and it will benefit both the company and their loyal investors in the long run

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 10:02pm On Mar 08, 2015
@Kagame: Thumbs-up to you for the rational presentation of your sentiment analysis. I am also deeply moved by your later acceptance of how "anything can happen". Indeed, the range of uncertainty is uncertain.

IMO, and going by the uncertainty riddled in your post, the answer to their puzzle lies in the bank you adored and then quickly condemned. Another puzzle? grin

By and large, I believe many members of this forum will be better for it if we had more posts like yours... Not persistent shaky prophecies that would be forced down the throat of unsuspecting and superficial investors.

@London Cool: You are making money this year!!! If you don't, please let me know; WE shall do something about it. grin grin

It is plausible that the financial services sector will feel the effects of a weakened currency, but no less than they were expected regarding the CBN's CRR.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 10:10pm On Mar 08, 2015
If anyone has ever desired to hold huge portions of fundamentally sounds stocks in the Nigerian bourse, this is about the best time to do so.

The darkest part of the night is just before the dawn.

Have a green week, folks. cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Machine075: 11:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
@ALL, Thanks. This thread is a fountain of knowledge.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 12:00am On Mar 09, 2015
stockbull:
although,I expect the banks to be more conservative thinking of the challenges ahead as regards the monetary policies.The banks should just have declared bonus script in order to retain earnings and prevent capital flight. this will prevent foreign investors from pulling their profit out of the market...and it will benefit both the company and their loyal investors in the long run
One thing that I am sure of is that the current MD of GTB doesn't believe in bonus shares... He made this clear when he took over from the late MD.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kagame: 6:41am On Mar 09, 2015
@Oga Moneysage,your jigsaw puzzle is a bit dizzying, but I will make an effort to deconstruct it nevertheless.

I think you might have referred to Skye. grin

And yes, I have to admit that much ,anything can happen with Nigerian companies with respect to dividend payout. Recent case in point, Oando paid dividends few weeks to the supposed commencement of its rights issue. I think Diamond did same.

Na siddon look we dey.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 10:26am On Mar 09, 2015
banks are on fire
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Primetech(m): 11:08am On Mar 09, 2015
bigass:
banks are on fire

FCMB, First and Skye which is better?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 11:17am On Mar 09, 2015
Kagame:

FBNH? Quite doubtful.

FBNH cannot have a dividend yield of 20% since their 9months profit have been capitalized as retained earning for the purpose of Basel 2 compliance.

I will be very surprised to see over10% dividend yield from FBNH at current price (assuming dividend will only be paid from Q4 earnings). For that to happen, they would need to declare a fantastic Q4 result, of which the major driver would have to come from non-interest income ,especially forex trading as GTB benefited hugely from forex volatility in Q4 ,as can be seen from their recently released results. I dont expect any surprises from FBNHs Q4 interest income,given the current macroeconomic conditions.

FBNH's full year EPS guidance is about N2.34 of which 3/4 of this amount is already capitalized.

Taking a general look at the sector with a view to identifying the mystery bank .

Access - Might not pay a fantastic dividend as they are in the market to raise money and have not been largely successful in that regard.

UBA - Same situation with Access .

Diamond - Likely to have a payout ratio of 30%. Added to the newly listed right shares,expect a drop in EPS .Not known to be generous with dividend so dont expect a miracle here. Likely dividend within the 0.3 to 0.4 range.

Skye - Acquired mainstreet through an off balance sheet transaction. Capital appreciation is much likely ,but handsome dividends? I don't think so. They need cash to integrate their new acquisition.

Stanbic IBTC - Strong brand ,good results but cant give a 10% yield at current price,going by their dividend history.

Ecobank - Not a bank to spring surprises. Low expectations.

Fidelity - Not known for fantastic dividends. Dont expect a surprise this time around.

Sterling - Had a fairly good year. Any surprises ? I dont think so.

Unity bank - No comment. Any objections?

Union bank - No surprises.

FCMB - I deliberately left it for the last. This might be the mystery bank. Feelers from last year showed they had an intention of raising tier 2 capital. With the current situation of the capital markets and the CBN regulation on foreign borrowing, they might choose to retain their earnings to boost tier 1 capital in compliance with the basel 2 accord. Also note that there is a subsisting circular limiting dividend payout by banks who are yet to meet the minimum CAR under basel 2. Knowing all this ,will I place a bet on a fantastic dividend from FCMB ? I dont think so.

Where is the mystery bank brothers?

I expect Access to keep what money they have and give bonus.
They have the least shares outstanding among the top 5 banks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 11:25am On Mar 09, 2015
Primetech:

If you buy FCMB or SKYE above #2:00k you are on your own. as per FBN is already saturated.
Forget the market noise Smart traders are simply recouping their investment before the D day. Don't say you were not warned. .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 09, 2015
I am anxiously waiting for the release of the result of one of the mid-tier banks. The result will go a long way in allaying my fears about the true state of our banks, especially how they fared in 2014 business year. Then and only then will there be a pervasive bull in the sector, IMO.

How far Unity bank? Do something nah!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FrankTalk1: 11:31am On Mar 09, 2015
PETERiCHY:

If you buy FCMB or SKYE above #2:00k you are on your own. as per FBN is already saturated.
Forget the market noise Smart traders are simply recouping their investment before the D day. Don't say you were not warned. .

Correct!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 09, 2015
Primetech:

On a scale of 1 to 10, I will pick 8 for probability that Skye bank will declare bonus (plus tasere dividend,may be). Pure speculation.......nothing more. Not a recommendation, I could be sincerely wrong.

#I Hold positions in FCMB and Skye
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pdozie: 11:57am On Mar 09, 2015
PETERiCHY:

So you advice we wait for the market to be bearish again before investing right?
Any thoughts on CCNN? Proshare recommends it for this week

Cheers
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kagame: 12:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
zendi:
I expect Access to keep what money they have and give bonus.
They have the least shares outstanding among the top 5 banks.

That would be a reasonable proposition from access, if they decide to go that route.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tjohn1(m): 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
bigass:
banks are on fire

Fire don quench

(1) (2) (3) ... (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) ... (7777) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: onuku, LordAdam16 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.