Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6584) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10893943 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6581) (6582) (6583) (6584) (6585) (6586) (6587) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ishiewo: 5:06pm On Jan 30, 2022
IYGEAL:

So long as you buy within the qualification window.
Thanks, boss.

I appreciate
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 5:26pm On Jan 30, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:40pm On Jan 30, 2022
I look at the financial print of some INSURANCE COMPANIES and there's really no justification to why they're trading at present pegs.
Even with the seeming low apathy towards the sector, some of them should be trading at near N1, and some above.

I have since said that the likes of SOVEREIGN TRUST INS, REGAL INS, MBENEFIT, LINKAGE, VERITAS, WAPIC, ROYALEX, CHI and a few others are broadly underpriced and have no business trading at their current mkt prices.
The 1st 2 have already released a wonderful report.
Rating: Overweight/Overperform

And among the other coys with great unaudited reports so far are...
OKOMU, TOTAL, VITAFOAM, JULIUS BERGER, FIDELITY and.........
Rating: Hold/Overweight

FIDSON also joins the list. And though I believe it operates in a sector that will do well (a lot appears to favour the health sector including the make-up of the 2022 budget), I continue to see a few element that smacks off of some shenanigan in their report.
...I'll wait to see their audited print for a better view.

Elsewhere, NOTORE CHEMICALS, BUA CEMENT, LASACO ASSURANCE and......... are amongst the worst performers I have seen.
The 1st 2 are clearly overpriced! (underweight/underperform rating in view)

On a side note, BUA FOODS appears to be a well managed coy with fine growth propect.
Only problem is with its over leveraged stance, which though could be excused for the coys expansionary growth, limits its near term potential. ...mid to long term could turn up good though.
At the moment, the coys mkt price is still ahead of the combination of risk and reward.
Rating: Overpriced.

NOTE: Most of the just released financials are unaudited, and could sometimes deviate from their audited print when released. ...so it might be helpful to look to extend your margin of safety by given a little more room (discount) for what should otherwise be an appropriate measure of risk premium, where necessary.

DISCLAIMER: NOT to be interpreted as any sought of recommendation. ...the need for due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.

My advice? Pls follow your instinct.

Selah

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 5:48pm On Jan 30, 2022
goody234:
any good buys for dividend payout ..i have living trust and courtville in my portfolio

Dividend might not come from Living Trust but will from Courtville. Hold on to your Courtville, u might likely get up to 4K and better delisting price. I want to believe that delisting price would be between 55k and 75k at most. Whichever way it comes, just hold on to it. Time horizon not later than June this year

My thought
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 5:54pm On Jan 30, 2022
On the podcast this week, we chat with an astute and experienced individual investor, Mr. Peter Iyen (Nosa2), about investing in commodities, assessing company management and why having a reading culture is very important...

Thanks for listening...

https://anchor.fm/value-nigeria/episodes/47--Investing-in-commodities-A-chat-with-Mr-Peter-Iyen-Nosa2-e1dlsgo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 8:16pm On Jan 30, 2022
[quote author=goody234 post=109813253]any good buys for dividend payout ..i have living trust and courtville in my portfolio [/quot
Gtco at 25.50 or below would not be a bad pick

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by arduino: 9:22pm On Jan 30, 2022
DrAwo:
On the podcast this week, we chat with an astute and experienced individual investor, Mr. Peter Iyen (Nosa2), about investing in commodities, assessing company management and why having a reading culture is very important...

Thanks for listening...

https://anchor.fm/value-nigeria/episodes/47--Investing-in-commodities-A-chat-with-Mr-Peter-Iyen-Nosa2-e1dlsgo
Men!!!! Na the dreaded Oga nosa2 of SMN voice resemble Peter Obi voice? grin grin grin
Was expecting to hear one deep dominant baritone vocals o.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:35pm On Jan 30, 2022
onegentleguy:

I just published an article with the title:

MTN NIGERIA: "THE ANATOMY OF A PUBLIC OFFER"

...Dissecting the recent PO (public offer) proposal by MTN Nigeria; everything from interpreting the Nos to looking in on the recent financials with a view to seeking VALUE!

It's published on booksie, the U.K blog medium and the personal finance section of some select national dailies.

You may wish to read through by using the link below;
https://www.booksie.com/663437-mtn-nigeria-the-anatomy-of-a-public-offer

Regards
yMcy56:
MTNN
Final Dividend: N8.57k
Qualification Date: 6th April, 2022
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/MTN_Nigeria_Final_Dividend_Information_FY_2021.pdf
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34946_MTN_NIGERIA_COMMUNICATIONS_PLC%20_AUDITED_FINANCIAL_STAT.pdf

Matters still playing out in line with the article above.
...congratulations to those who followed the guide therein.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zegra: 9:39pm On Jan 30, 2022
arduino:

Men!!!! Na the dreaded Oga nosa2 of SMN voice resemble Peter Obi voice? grin grin grin
Was expecting to hear one deep dominant baritone vocals o.
Exactly my thought
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FreeStuffsNG: 10:12pm On Jan 30, 2022
DrAwo:

Thanks for listening...

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 11:29pm On Jan 30, 2022
customstreet:

Yeah, good result . I strongly believed they will do good dividend compared to 22k paid last year. Let us wait . The payout rate last years was 23.90%. Let us be conservative to have audited EPS of 120k against unaudited result of 132k and apply 23.90%, we will be having dividend payout of about 29k. We are waiting. I believe the bank can still do up to 320k per share

Which Fidelity? The one we know or another.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by peablaze(f): 2:09am On Jan 31, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 5:51am On Jan 31, 2022
otokx:

Which Fidelity? The one we know or another.

The one you know
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 5:55am On Jan 31, 2022
Wapgod:
Why does Stanbic profitability keep reducing year to year?
This is one of the reason we love Technical Analysi, it tells you what is happening before others get to know?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:42am On Jan 31, 2022
yMcy56:
TOTAL is here.....
All UNAUDITED....

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34900_ECOBANK_TRANSNATIONAL_INCORPORATED%20_QUARTER_4_FINANCIA.pdf

ETI
PAT: +309% increase........

ETI grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:44am On Jan 31, 2022
yok:

This is one of the reason we love Technical Analysi, it tells you what is happening before others get to know?

Technically STANBIC stock is limited in supply.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:11am On Jan 31, 2022
Here's to the fellow who asked if PRESCO was undervalued after I posted a highlight on OKOMU...
YES... indeed PRESCO is GROSSLY UNDERPRICED!

...infact, slightly even ahead of OKOMU should one compare the current mkt peg to their value accretive stance/potential.

Using a mix of valuation model that adopts a highly CONSERVATIVE approach by raking-off near 2x peg to surrounding risk including a further premium given that the just released report is unaudited, I have a FVE of N139.58
...which implies an approx 59% discount from Fridays closing price.

Rating: Overweight/Overperform

In PRESCO, I believe.

CAVEAT: Due diligence still applies as always.

Selah

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:32am On Jan 31, 2022
Market is notinterested in reacting to excellent results released by some companies over the weekend. Hmmm.
Is the market waiting for all results before reacting or should one be concerned.
I thought totalenergies would be on full bid that one may not even get units, but units come berekete sote I don dey fear to enter.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 10:33am On Jan 31, 2022
Mpeace:
Market is notinterested in reacting to excellent results released by some companies over the weekend. Hmmm.
Is the market waiting for all results before reacting or should one be concerned.
I thought totalenergies would be on full bid that one may not even get units, but units come berekete sote I don dey fear to enter.
I dey wonder too
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:36am On Jan 31, 2022
Mpeace:

I beg make Total no go on full bid ooooo

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:57am On Jan 31, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

I beg make Total no go on full bid ooooo
From the look of things, full bid still far for total.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 12:14pm On Jan 31, 2022
onegentleguy:
Here's to the fellow who asked if PRESCO was undervalued after I posted a highlight on OKOMU...
YES... indeed PRESCO is GROSSLY UNDERPRICED!

...infact, slightly even ahead of OKOMU should one compare the current mkt peg to their value accretive stance/potential.

Using a mix of valuation model that adopts a highly CONSERVATIVE approach by raking-off near 2x peg to surrounding risk including a further premium given that the just released report is unaudited, I have a FVE of N139.58
...which implies an approx 59% discount from Fridays closing price.

[i]Rating: Overweight/Overperform[/i

In PRESCO, I believe.

CAVEAT: Due diligence still applies as always.

Selah

Chief abeg analyse this AIICO result.
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34988_AIICO_INSURANCE_PLC%20_QUARTER_4_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FO.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goody234: 12:40pm On Jan 31, 2022
customstreet:

Dividend might not come from Living Trust but will from Courtville. Hold on to your Courtville, u might likely get up to 4K and better delisting price. I want to believe that delisting price would be between 55k and 75k at most. Whichever way it comes, just hold on to it. Time horizon not later than June this year

My thought

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:09pm On Jan 31, 2022
NGXGROUP
Sighted @23........ cheesy
This same NGX (and MTN and HW) made me to lose something very important.....because I was perceived to be saying something totally different from everyone else here embarassed .......but at least I'm justified now. sad

It was like me against every Nsempas that time......
I particularly referred to page 10 of their last financial report with the expectation that my ogas will help dissect it better,but I seems to be the only one whose opinion differs from others.....
Was also constantly referring to those entities trying to accumulate huge volumes that time.......but dem said na plan to sell and not buy.........
If you make money from it, na my pocket you go put am? Or will anyone say take N1k for your recharge voucher? ......and I gain nothing from anyone losing money in this biz, so I'm happy if we all make profit...
It's well.

No one should say I shouldn't rub it on una o, just have to rub it. grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 1:26pm On Jan 31, 2022
Nice, how much did NGXGROUP pay last as dividend per unit?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:32pm On Jan 31, 2022
GTCO vs. ZENITH
GT took back it's position as the sector leader .......
Sighted @26.90........while Zee just arrived KM 26...... smiley

BUACEMENT
Commission cement plant in Sokoto.......
https://www.nairaland.com/6964495/bua-commissions-3-million-metric

Disclaimer: Not any form of advice
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 1:41pm On Jan 31, 2022
Mpeace:
From the look of things, full bid still far for total.

Those moving it up...
Are drummin beside the bush path...
U may not see full bid...
Na 100k volume go just land...
Bought at N170.. N195, N203..... no full bid...
Ministry is still movin to N300 and above...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Marketapprentic: 2:39pm On Jan 31, 2022
yMcy56:
NGXGROUP
Sighted @23........ cheesy
This same NGX (and MTN and HW) made me to lose something very important.....because I was perceived to be saying something totally different from everyone else here embarassed .......but at least I'm justified now. sad

It was like me against every Nsempas that time......
I particularly referred to page 10 of their last financial report with the expectation that my ogas will help dissect it better,but I seems to be the only one whose opinion differs from others.....
Was also constantly referring to those entities trying to accumulate huge volumes that time.......but dem said na plan to sell and not buy.........
If you make money from it, na my pocket you go put am? Or will anyone say take N1k for your recharge voucher? ......and I gain nothing from anyone losing money in this biz, so I'm happy if we all make profit...
It's well.

No one should say I shouldn't rub it on una o, just have to rub it. grin

Hanty na true you talk. I like your gut and I owe you small tithe as I entered at a point owing to that your lonely voice in the wilderness grin. The John the Baptist of NSEMPA.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jymsyno: 2:50pm On Jan 31, 2022
Pls house how do I obtain PZ bonus history at least the last 5 times bonus was given. I need it for some urgent calculations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6581) (6582) (6583) (6584) (6585) (6586) (6587) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Babynerd, SonofElElyonRet and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.