Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6645) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10885660 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6642) (6643) (6644) (6645) (6646) (6647) (6648) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:43am On Mar 24, 2022
Mpeace:
Dont you think someone that bought on qualification date is qualified for dividends?
Of course, if you buy on the last qualification date, you're qualified.
We've discussed about this same issue several times here as well.
You know, some brokers are laggards, may not update data and records on time, the delay may cause some issues for registrars sometimes, more reason its advisable to avoid the last Qualification Date.......
On a good day with effective/efficient broking house, if you buy on the last day, you qualify.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:44am On Mar 24, 2022
Mpeace:
...I support him to sue because after the case his dividend should cover his legal fees and still leave him with good returns, apart from damages.
Ok. You should have sorted things out with APR first.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 11:50am On Mar 24, 2022
yMcy56:

Lol. Pastor you've been away from this thread for a very long time o. grin
GTCO is Guaranty Trust Holding Company........formerly GTBank.
grin Just like FBNH . Thank's .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 11:54am On Mar 24, 2022
SlahJoe:
On the bolded, how much does it cost to get CSCS statement from one's stockbroker

Absolutely free. Send a mail to request any time you need the document and it will be sent without any cost.

However, for some of them if you are in their physical office and request for a hardcopy of your statement you will be requested to pay for the print out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 12:00pm On Mar 24, 2022
The battle for number one position is over undecided

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 12:10pm On Mar 24, 2022
moneymanager:

I don't think so. It's because GTCO was markdown today hence the drastic reduction in price. If Zenith was to be markdown today it will be in the same region. By Monday when Zenith is markdown they will almost be at par. The battle will be for a long time except one of them do something differently on the positive to get clear leadership as per price.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:10pm On Mar 24, 2022
moneymanager:
Not yet over.....until it's over. grin

Tomorrow 25th is the last qualification date for Zenith as well........can't leave her twin brother. grin

emmasoft:
I don't think so. It's because GTCO was markdown today hence the drastic reduction in price. If Zenith was to be markdown today it will be in the same region. By Monday when Zenith is markdown they will almost be at par. The battle will be for a long time except one of them do something differently on the positive to get clear leadership as per price.
Oil dey your head sir.......in Pa Emma's voice. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2022
@Mpeace
Involve the guy's broker, do some findings to be sure the error wasn't from them, or that their system doesn't have any glitch which delayed updating clients' records before the markdown date.....

Also check the date/time for the closure of register of the coy......before taking any legal step.
May be very hard to win such case against the Registrar.

Let this be a learning point for you, the guy and everyone too.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2022
yMcy56:
@Mpeace
Involve the guy's broker, do some findings to be sure the error wasn't from them, or that their system doesn't have any glitch which delayed updating clients' records before the markdown date.....

Also check the date/time for the closure of register of the coy......before taking any legal step.
May be very hard to win such case against the Registrar.

Let this be a learning point for you, the guy and everyone too.
Ok thank you. If its the broker's fault then he needs to sue the broker.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:45pm On Mar 24, 2022
Mpeace:
Ok thank you. If its the broker's fault then he needs to sue the broker.
Wait.......
Did you say the guy bought on the 4th? Cos I've been addressing the last qualification date thing.

If it was 4th, did Ucap appear in his trading portfolio?
Have you printed his CSCS statement and saw it there? Cos it's supposed to appear there latest the 2nd day.......
Did he fill E-Div form/transfer form and got approval mail from APR?
Try and cross check these.......and if Yes, APR guys needs to answer for it.

Someone gave APR's CEO direct email addy sometimes ago, can cross check for you, if needs be that you involve him.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2022
yMcy56:

Wait.......
Did you say the guy bought on the 4th? Cos I've been addressing the last qualification date thing.

If it was 4th, did Ucap appear in his trading portfolio?
Have you printed his CSCS statement and saw it there? Cos it's supposed to appear there latest the 2nd day.......
Did he fill E-Div form/transfer form and got approval mail from APR?
Try and cross check these.......and if Yes, APR guys needs to answer for it.

Someone gave APR's CEO direct email addy sometimes ago, can cross check for you, if needs be that you involve him.
To be sincere with you, I dont have all the details but from my knowledge of the law, he can sue both the broker and the registrar in the same suit, let them both answer and say who is liable. In my own opinion, my friend has no fault in this matter. Non execution of an edividend mandate would not deprive him of his entitlement to dividends.
Once a person buys shares, CSCS should have all the details at once and the registrars ought to always update their records from cscs especially on the date of qualification.
One thing you dont hear often is that a person who sold on qualification date got dividend. But the person that bought on that date will then be deprived

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:16pm On Mar 24, 2022
Oga Mpeace I know say you be lawyer..... grin .....but before employing legal means, try and do small findings, this issue might not even be so hard like that, may be negligence on the part of someone....

Get your broker, CSCS and APR on their toes, involve SEC and let them sort it out for you thru email/phone calls....or if closer, physical visits.

Legal should come as a last option........but na my own I dey talk sha, una language dey different...... but with that, you still needed facts. Hope I'm not blocking someone case here.... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 1:20pm On Mar 24, 2022
ihedioramma:
What is GTCO ?

grin

Welcome back

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 1:35pm On Mar 24, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
On top efry efry, Uba still do beta pass elephant o.

No gawk urself if u dey sit on top beta capital gain dia abegi. pocket am and use am flenjo now .
u fit enter again wen elephant dey drink water. no go do saara.

igi pawpaw o ni wo pawa o.

Bros, which result you de reference here cos I Neva see fbnh result for ngx website o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucvin: 1:41pm On Mar 24, 2022
Is Access Bank share on suspension? No trade today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:15pm On Mar 24, 2022
sonofElElyon:

grin
Welcome back
Thank's o grin You change name grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 3:18pm On Mar 24, 2022
ihedioramma:
Thank's o grin You change name grin
Pa Ihedioramma, longest time ....godfather of FBNH, I salute you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:21pm On Mar 24, 2022
Princkez:
Pa Ihedioramma, longest time ....godfather of FBNH, I salute you
FBNH,FMN and OANDO grin Thank's o, JAH BLESS .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ajibade123(m): 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2022
yMcy56:

* You'll need to first register with a Stockbroker and a trading acct will be open for you.
* Then you fund it and start trading (buying and selling stocks).
* We have quite a number of digital brokers whereby you can trade by yourself.
* This question has been dealt with several times here.......but re-saying it cos I know how tasking it could be to locate such posts.
You can however create time to be reading this thread from early pages, you'll learn a lot by yourself.
You can also ask questions on areas not clear to you.

As for Trove, it's also for trading BUT not directly........so it's advisable to register with a broker.
alright thanks a lot
I will go through it
please can you suggest 1 or 2 brokers
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by WhoDeyThere(m): 4:28pm On Mar 24, 2022
Hello sir, please I'm interested in FMN shares, how can I get some?
ihedioramma:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2022
ihedioramma:
I'm still in FBNH ooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2022
WhoDeyThere:
Why are you interested in FMN now ? you can ask your stockbroker to buy it .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
Princkez:
I'm still in FBNH ooo
Good, one love .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by WhoDeyThere(m): 5:14pm On Mar 24, 2022
I'm think FMN shares is good for long time investment. I'm new to the stock market. I just started with the just concluded MTN share
ihedioramma:
Why are you interested in FMN now ? you can ask your stockbroker to buy it .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:44pm On Mar 24, 2022
WhoDeyThere:
I'm think FMN shares is good for long time investment. I'm new to the stock market. I just started with the just concluded MTN share
Ok .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 5:55pm On Mar 24, 2022
Lagos, 24th March, 2022

BOARD RESOLUTION OF UNILEVER NIGERIA PLC.

This to notify The Nigerian Exchange and our esteemed shareholders that at the
emergency meeting of the Board of Directors of Unilever Nigeria Plc which held on 23
March, 2022 at 1 Billingsway, Lagos, Resolutions on the following were considered and
approved by the Board:
1. Approval of Unilever Nigeria Plc Audited Financial Statements for year ended 31
December, 2021.
2. Approval of Unilever Nigeria Plc Dividend Proposal for year ended 31 December,
The Audited Financial Statements will be filed with The Exchange on or before 31 March
2022. Consequently, the closed period restricting all Directors and insiders from
transacting in the shares of the company remain in place until 24 hours after the release
of the Financial Statements to the public.

Yours faithfully,
UNILEVER NIGERIA PLC
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:19pm On Mar 24, 2022
Ajibade123:
alright thanks a lot. I will go through it
please can you suggest 1 or 2 brokers
We have quite a good number of them.....
I use Morgan Capital Securities Ltd.
There are other good ones such as: Investment One, CSL, Atlass Portfolios Ltd, GTL Mytradebook.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ajibade123(m): 9:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
yMcy56:

We have quite a good number of them.....
I use Morgan Capital Securities Ltd.
There are other good ones such as: Investment One, CSL, Atlass Portfolios Ltd, GTL Mytradebook.....
thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:29pm On Mar 24, 2022
WhoDeyThere:
This was just answered here:
yMcy56:

* You'll need to first register with a Stockbroker and a trading acct will be open for you.
* Then you fund it and start trading (buying and selling stocks).
* We have quite a number of digital brokers whereby you can trade by yourself.
You can however create time to be reading this thread from early pages, you'll learn a lot by yourself.
You can also ask questions on areas not clear to you.Z
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by WhoDeyThere(m): 1:12am On Mar 25, 2022
Thanks
yMcy56:

This was just answered here:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MrDiligence: 7:08am On Mar 25, 2022
Mpeace:
You ought to, but the way some registrars operate, i doubt if they will have your name on their records today, as to qualify you for dividends. I am aware of someone who is currently preparing to sue afriprud should having failed to receive dividends despite buying his ucap on the 4th, before the qualification date of 8th.
If you buy today ensure u communicate the registrars.
I bought Ucap on qualification day, called them repeatedly to ensure the processed my edividend mandate. They requested my cscs statement (which i sent) as they claimed their records did not show i had UCAP

@Mpeace, kindly send me the number you used in contacting APR registrar. They are not responding to email. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sophy17(m): 7:45am On Mar 25, 2022
MrDiligence:

@Mpeace, kindly send me the number you used in contacting APR registrar. They are not responding to email. Thanks

Try "cxc@africaprudential com"

I used it yesterday and got a reply almost immediately.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6642) (6643) (6644) (6645) (6646) (6647) (6648) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kubusify(f), Princkez, Agbalowomeri, ayufun, otomatic(m), MARKETJJC, mails4funshi(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.