Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,517 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10951013 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6664) (6665) (6666) (6667) (6668) (6669) (6670) ... (7777) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 1:04pm On Apr 14, 2022
Biafran4life:
Pls someone with email of higher person thr is the one I want to copy in mails.The guy you sent his email is the person I feel is not taking action/responsibility in doing his work.
The only dependable solution to your problem is to visit their office physically.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2022
leparj:
With BVN, Do registrars still demand confirmation of signature for e- dividend mandate for shares.
Yes.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GANDALF1(m): 1:08pm On Apr 14, 2022
Biafran4life:
From what you have stated. Would you have preferred the group to have drop in its PAT than the company instead. I think anyone should be more interested in what the group is doing than the company because that is what you use to judge the business.Infact when a company or subset of the group is not doing well is better to let it go .Or is thr something I am missing in your post.I have seen groups here sell off subset/company dragging it down to become a better business

Biafran4life opens a business and registers as a terrorist facilitator. Now, this is his primary business and what he has told the world he is good at.

Along the line, he engages in side hustle of armed robbery, kidnapping and herdsmen stuff. These are side hustle and not his primary business.

Because these are side hustle and not registered as primary lines of businesses, Biafran4life is mandated to also report the income from them as a consolidated entity which means that the income from terrorism, armed robbery, kidnapping and herdsmen stuff are reported as a group while he also has to tell us how his terrorist facilitating business is faring separately.

In Q1 2022, Biafran4life reports that the group income from terrorism, armed robbery, kidnapping and herdsmen stuff increased by 100% but that his income from terrorism dropped by 50%.

Overall, Biafran4life has done well as a group but what about his primary business? This can mean that he has started deviating from his primary business, which is a very dangerous signal to his shareholders (who were told that he is primarily a terrorist).

I hope you get the point now cry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 1:08pm On Apr 14, 2022
Wapgod:

Yes.
OK. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GANDALF1(m): 1:10pm On Apr 14, 2022
Wapgod:

I already know all this.
My question was when was the 25% stake acquired?

Good question smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2022
BUA FOODS
Corporate Action:
Final Dividend: N3.50
Qualification Date: 13th July, 2022
Payment Date: 4th August 2022
Registrar: Africa Prudential
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/35685_BUA_FOODS_PLC%20BUA_FOODS_PLC_CORPORATE_ANNOUNCEMENT_ON_.pdf

I think this is a good one from BUAFOODS........exceed expectations.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 1:14pm On Apr 14, 2022
GANDALF1:

Biafran4life opens a business and registers as a terrorist facilitator. Now, this is his primary business and what he has told the world he is good at.

Along the line, he engages in side hustle of armed robbery, kidnapping and herdsmen stuff. These are side hustle and not his primary business.

Because these are side hustle and not registered as primary lines of businesses, Biafran4life is mandated to also report the income from them as a consolidated entity which means that the income from terrorism, armed robbery, kidnapping and herdsmen stuff are reported as a group while he also has to tell us how his terrorist facilitating business is faring separately.

In Q1 2022, Biafran4life reports that the group income from terrorism, armed robbery, kidnapping and herdsmen stuff increased by 100% but that his income from terrorism dropped by 50%.

Overall, Biafran4life has done well as a group but what about his primary business? This can mean that he has started deviating from his primary business, which is a very dangerous signal to his shareholders (who were told that he is primarily a terrorist).

Lol. Na wao 4 this ya analogy o.
Must u throw stones?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GANDALF1(m): 1:16pm On Apr 14, 2022
Biafran4life:
From what you have stated. Would you have preferred the group to have drop in its PAT than the company instead. I think anyone should be more interested in what the group is doing than the company because that is what you use to judge the business.Infact when a company or subset of the group is not doing well is better to let it go .Or is thr something I am missing in your post.I have seen groups here sell off subset/company dragging it down to become a better business

You are right. If they want to do that, then they should let us know that they are changing their business structure by filing a corporate action.

This is a PLC, not Loco and son's enterprises.

I think you should see unaudited financial statements for what they are; Management's report card, graded by themselves and presented to the public for approval.

Its just like a babe about to go out. She will Makeup for attention until bathroom audits her.

lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 1:22pm On Apr 14, 2022
GANDALF1:

Good question smiley
The only information in the financial statement was that the investment was done in 2020, UCAP got 25% equity in Heirs Insurance in return for 2.5 billion naira.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:25pm On Apr 14, 2022
yMcy56:
BUA FOODS
Corporate Action:
Final Dividend: N3.50
Qualification Date: 13th July, 2022
Payment Date: 4th August 2022
Registrar: Africa Prudential
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/35685_BUA_FOODS_PLC%20BUA_FOODS_PLC_CORPORATE_ANNOUNCEMENT_ON_.pdf

I think this is a good one from BUAFOODS........exceed expectations.....
I think the company is getting better. The share price only needs to come down a little.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GANDALF1(m): 1:41pm On Apr 14, 2022
Wapgod:

The only information in the financial statement was that the investment was done in 2020, UCAP got 25% equity in Heirs Insurance in return for 2.5 billion naira.

Meaning Elumelu bought shares from himself for N2.5B and got 25% equity grin grin grin grin grin

This is intra-human transaction grin

Yet, you want investors not to be wary undecided

When your companies are always buying shares from your companies

sad

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 1:43pm On Apr 14, 2022
GANDALF1:

Meaning Elumelu bought shares from himself for N2.5B and got 25% equity grin grin grin grin grin

This is intra-human transaction grin

Yet, you want investors not to be wary undecided

When your companies are always buying shares from your companies

sad
Mr Tony owns shares in ucap?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GANDALF1(m): 2:00pm On Apr 14, 2022
Wapgod:

Mr Tony owns shares in ucap?

You never knew? shocked shocked shocked shocked

UCAP was a subsidiary of UBA before CBN intructed banks to divest from such subsidiaries.

Elumelu still owns controlling shares of UCAP
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 14, 2022
GANDALF1:

let me assume your line of example may have to go with my moniker but I don't mind. Now to more important thing.let take APR whose main business is registrar business but this has made the business PAT to be stagnant.They are moving into ict services for other business to grow the group PAT. And if in future that turns out to be a better earning to the group though it wasn't thr core business. Then capitalize on it as thr strength.will you still view that as a problem. What is ucap core business as an investment bank from your view

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:21pm On Apr 14, 2022
FIDELITY:
More cross deals @3.80......
Over 74M units done so far......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:30pm On Apr 14, 2022
Biafran4life:
I initiated a transfer of portfolio from inactive house to them almost 2 months now.I supplied all that was requested. Who ever is handling it is not taking it serious.He has refused to tell me the position of things.He will only respond to my mail after days, telling me he will revert back to me then nothing till I send another mail.The thing is pissing me off because I wanted to rebalance my portfolio from sell of some stock thr. Now ubcapital and zenith is leaving a good entry price.I want to copy the boss in my subsequent mail. He has not responded to my mail since morning to know if is cscs holding the transfer or the other inactive house.

Have you done your biometric with cscs
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GANDALF1(m): 3:01pm On Apr 14, 2022
Biafran4life:
let me assume your line of example may have to go with my moniker but I don't mind. Now to more important thing.let take APR whose main business is registrar business but this has made the business PAT to be stagnant.They are moving into ict services for other business to grow the group PAT. And if in future that turns out to be a better earning to the group though it wasn't thr core business. Then capitalize on it as thr strength.will you still view that as a problem. What is ucap core business as an investment bank from your view

You are correct in your own way too.

The point is that all three four companies mentioned so far are controlled by the same individual, and that alone is a big risk.

The transaction between UCAP and Heirs Insurance reportedly took place in 2020. Why are we being informed briefly about it in 2022 Q1?

What are the indepth details of the transaction? who and who were involved? What are the long term implications to UCAP's top and bottom line?

Why the insurance sector? who is it related to UCAP's core business?

its just that Nigeria is a failed state. If not, someone should be facing SEC for this transactions

Why Heir holdings? A company controlled by the same man cry

Anyways, you know why you bought bro. Let that reason be your guide and may your trade be profitable.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 14, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Have you done your biometric with cscs
I have not had any dealings directly with cscs in the past.I have done kyc with my brothers and have not had about biometric with cscs directly

I just gut a mail from them after I copied another person in the company this morning in another mail. The guy is telling me cscs introduce a new portal for intermember transfer and it is not working perfectly well. And they are having problem using it.Pls someone should help me confirm this oh. And I should still give them time.It is almost two months now. Morgan I hope you guys are not playing funny game with me.i want to take advantage of some price in the market.If I find out na lie. I got recommendation about you guys here and na here I go attack anything called Morgan till heavens go hear the gist
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Calebbold: 3:05pm On Apr 14, 2022
@emmanuelewumi... I know you are a strong believer of united capitals . What's is your take on their Q1 2022 result?

By the way, I am actually enjoying the banter between Gandalf and Biafran4life. Nice one guys.

For me, the recent drop in price has nothing to do with their result which almost did 40% PAT YoY. This is just Q1 result and the stock has already done over 30% increase in price movt from Jan 1. For me, the recent drop in price is just normal ....nothing special about it. The stock is just taking a breather.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:08pm On Apr 14, 2022
Calebbold:
@emmanuelewumi... I know you are a strong believer of united capitals . What's is your take on their Q1 2022 result?

The lower the price the better.

My opinion though
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 3:16pm On Apr 14, 2022
naturalflow:
Ucap with shares outstanding of 6b and pat of 2.3billion.How does that translates to EPS 154kobo?abi abacatabra don enter?

Your answer at the bottom left corner.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Camoready: 4:51pm On Apr 14, 2022
No news from FBNH?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by perfectgen(m): 6:12pm On Apr 14, 2022
Thanks so much for your response.

emmasoft:

No. cscs deal with stockbroking firm/house directly not individual, you need a stockbroking firm's platform to buy/sell equities on the floor of the NGX. However, after opening a cscs account with a stockbroker, you can subscribe to cscs Plc to have a real time access to your account, with that subscription, you get to know the position of your holdings real time in any company even if you have more than one cscs account with a single CHN.

To get the services of a stockbroking firm you can click the link on my signature to open account with investment one for free.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 8:17pm On Apr 14, 2022
Camoready:
No news from FBNH?

The issued a notice that one of their subsidiaries didn't turn up their result early. So that's holding up the result for the holdings. Expect result by month end sha

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2022
holm:

Your answer at the bottom left corner.
thanks.Annualizing 1st quarter result,for me is like counting the chicks before they are hatched.for this kind Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owolabi5: 7:04am On Apr 15, 2022
Biafran4life:

I like this.

In business it is called PIVOTING.

Any company that can't pivot to navigate the murky waters of business will die a natural death.

MTN is going into Fintech, Nokia did not start as a phone company, etc.

Diversification and Innovation, if done properly will help generate fresher profits when the original business starts famishing.

If the company started as a Type Writer production business and they notice Computer sales are eating deep into their market share should they continue to spend money to revive a dead horse?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 7:06am On Apr 15, 2022
Good morning,

Just discovered that my dead analog Stockbroker move my shares to Meristem with no information about it.
Now Meristem wants me to open a trading account with them.
but CSCS Statement from Meristem and Morgan Capital has two different Account Number but CHN is the same.

please how do I know my CSCS account number?
an confused
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 7:58am On Apr 15, 2022
Mfunkynation:
Good morning,

Just discovered that my dead analog Stockbroker move my shares to Meristem with no information about it.
but CSCS Statement from Meristem and Morgan Capital has two different Account Number but CHN is the same.

an confused
both belong to you and you can make use of any of them
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 8:22am On Apr 15, 2022
Mfunkynation:
Good morning,

an confused

You've got nothing to worry about as long as your CHN number is same

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 8:46am On Apr 15, 2022
Which one be AIICO insurance and Coronation Insurance? Are they same?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 15, 2022
Mfunkynation:
Which one be AIICO insurance and Coronation Insurance?
Are they same?
coronation insurance was formally wapic insurance and different ailco
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 9:35am On Apr 15, 2022
Mfunkynation:
Good morning,

an confused

Account numbers with different brokers will always be different just as account number with different banks will be different for an individual. It is excellent the CHN is the same as that should be a unique identifier for an individual (just like BVN is to Banks for individual identification, CHN is supposed to do the same for individuals on the NSE).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6664) (6665) (6666) (6667) (6668) (6669) (6670) ... (7777) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.