Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6680) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10874254 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6677) (6678) (6679) (6680) (6681) (6682) (6683) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 9:06pm On Apr 28, 2022
perfectgen:
@ house, good evening. Please what is the logic of buying FTN Cocoa Processors Plc Rights Issue at 50k when i can buy it at the open market for 39k; is there something I am not aware of. Please anyone with superior information should educate me.
this company is in a loss,still issuing rice,even if they peg the price at 20kobo,I no buy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 9:09pm On Apr 28, 2022
I so much believe in my fidson,another vitafoam in the making.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 9:29pm On Apr 28, 2022
Mpeace:
lol. No result for now. They are still sending the result to the CBN for approval. Long thing.

Na real long thing. Another 1 to 4 weeks wait wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/35833_UNION_BANK_OF_NIGERIA_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FINANCIAL_STATE.pdf
Union bank result is out. Fall in PAT and fall in Eps.
The only reason I still hold this stock is the hope of a buyout.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:26am On Apr 29, 2022
A line of disclosure...

Looking at the financial print of SEPLAT, I would prefer to sell/exit if I hold a stake therein.
Though current mkt trend and its sector dynamic is on a rising path, the coys last 2 financial print describes a position of accelerating risk ahead of feasible reward. (risk-reward margin benchmarked against CMP)

Using a mix of valuation model that discounts a fairly appreciable surrounding risk but attaches a generous growth margin in 2022 giving the favourable sector dynamic (ref: 0.15x/15% TTM... compounded run rate to YE), my FVE pegs @ approx N971.29.
...the coys last closing peg of N1,200 already equates to an over 23.5% premium.

Rating: Underweight (previous: Hold)

I would rather be friends with Mr TOTAL and CONOIL than SEPLAT giving their CMPs.

CAVEAT: The need for due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.
My advice? Pls follow your instinct.

#Edited

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:48am On Apr 29, 2022
Dum20:

Thanks bro for your analysis.

I have a question someone that buys Guinness at N117 what do they stand to gain?

I do not know if Guinness will be able to pay N3 as full year dividend. That is about 2.5% returns.

Your question underscores the part about the need to book some profit obeying ones investment strategy and why at present, I have a NEUTRAL rating on the coy given its CMP as highlighted in the post you quoted.
...that should help guide your decision-making.

Speaking of div yield, some folks can boast of better figures having aligned at a much lower price. (i.e some persons bought when I think, Mr Samgru mentioned it here)

It's always best to align with what should not only suite your investment personality and goals but also give you peace of mind.
...if GUINNESS at CMP doesn't, simply look elsewhere.
Everything will usually depend on you and you alone.

Regards

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by enibal(f): 2:32am On Apr 29, 2022
undecided
enibal:
me too oooo shocked shocked
Transcorp dividend recieved

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by enibal(f): 2:35am On Apr 29, 2022
naturalflow:
I so much believe in my fidson,another vitafoam in the making.
. I agree with you—— fair value of 133 Naira from simply Wall Street

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GANDALF1(m): 3:54am On Apr 29, 2022
Some people just leave motor business wey dem no even sabi do, say na stock dem wan put head grin

Instead of to quiet, dey learn, na to dey chook mouth up and down for matter wey pass dem undecided

Until your Motor business money go waka for NGX, na that time your eye go clear cry Maybe you go come join me for POS business that time grin

On the sidelines, beautiful result from Zenith as expected. Knew the dip was a sympathy on because of GTCO's laughable result.

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/35824_ZENITH_BANK_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:01am On Apr 29, 2022
Digging further into the financial print of SEPLAT, I can sense that aside it's Nos, the coys current price rise beyond what I believe should be a FVE could quite possibly be news driven.

3 things...
• The plan to restructure and create alternative lines of oil lifting to help curb the present below capacity production levels and a possible transitioning to more profit-oriented assets to improve on the coys EM and AER and reduce CBR.

• An agreement to sell seplet energy shares for a net figure of $55M to one of it's JV partners. (this might not be unconnected to the dilutive effect on present EPS/EM levels)

• The likely completion of the acquisition of
Mobil Producing Unlimited, Nigeria (MPNU)

All this before the end of this yr.

That said, the coys current FP infers that risk is slightly ahead of the combination of reward and price.
So I still maintain my FVE as previously stated. (ref: N971.29)
...H1, 2022 will help clarify its value accretive potential relative to CMP.

Inference:
There are better coys to permute from the exchange right now.
If you must stay put with SEPLAT, then ensure your a trader/TA expert that understand the coys present trend, otherwise keep a very close track on it's Nos if your a long term investor.

Again, NOT to be interpreted as any sought of recommendation. ...due diligence still applies as always.

Enough said.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iby2000: 9:12am On Apr 29, 2022
Good Morning Great People

Please i want to inquire if CUTIX PLC has started fulfilling their Promise of the Shared Bonus 1:1 for every Share held in the Company?

Thanks a lot
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 10:34am On Apr 29, 2022
onegentleguy:

Your question underscores the part about the need to book some profit obeying ones investment strategy and why at present, I have a NEUTRAL rating on the coy given its CMP as highlighted in the post you quoted.
...that should help guide your decision-making.

Talking about div yield, some folks can boast of better figures having aligned at a much lower price. (i.e some persons bought when I think, Mr Samgru mentioned it here)

It's always best to align with what should not only suite your investment personality and goals but also give you peace of mind.
...if GUINNESS at CMP doesn't, simply look elsewhere.
Everything will usually depend on you and you alone.

Regards

Thank you for this response.

I was actually asking out of curiosity. I am wondering what someone that buys Guinness at N95 will gain.
Is it for speculation? Maybe hoping it will experience a 20% appreciation that is trade at N114.

The person that buys at N114 what do they stand to gain? They will be hoping for another 20%?

These are thoughts running through my head.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:35am On Apr 29, 2022
VITAFOAM! wink

NAHCO, OANDO. wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:40am On Apr 29, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:
That buyout price is important to minority shareholders
OK.
I hope someone wouldn't compare him/herself to you sha......cos you for don Siddon and balance for the bus......before typing this. lipsrsealed grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:40am On Apr 29, 2022
VITAFOAM
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/35850_VITAFOAM_NIG_PLC%20_QUARTER_2_%20_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR.pdf

ZENITH
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/35824_ZENITH_BANK_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nigerialabalaba: 10:41am On Apr 29, 2022
yMcy56:
VITAFOAM! wink

NAHCO, OANDO. wink
Today na Oando BM.
Dis na Friday Oloyin o grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 10:53am On Apr 29, 2022
onegentleguy:
A line of disclosure...

Looking at the financial print of SEPLAT, I would prefer to sell/exit if I hold a stake therein.
Though current mkt trend and its sector dynamic is on a rising path, the coys last 2 financial print describes a position of accelerating risk ahead of feasible reward. (risk-reward margin benchmarked against CMP)

Using a mix of valuation model that discounts a fairly appreciable surrounding risk but attaches a generous growth margin in 2022 giving the favourable sector dynamic (ref: 0.15x/15% TTM... compounded run rate to YE), my FVE pegs @ approx N971.29.
...the coys last closing peg of N1,200 already equates to an over 23.5% premium.

Rating: Underweight (previous: Hold)

I would rather be friends with Mr TOTAL and CONOIL than SEPLAT giving their CMPs.

CAVEAT: The need for due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.
My advice? Pls follow your instinct.

#Edited

Thanks onegentleguy

Just thinking that TOTAL and COINOIL are in downstream while SEPLAT is in upstream?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by perfectgen(m): 10:57am On Apr 29, 2022
naturalflow:
this company is in a loss,still issuing rice,even if they peg the price at 20kobo,I no buy.

thanks for the comment

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 10:59am On Apr 29, 2022
yMcy56:
VITAFOAM
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/35850_VITAFOAM_NIG_PLC%20_QUARTER_2_%20_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR.pdf

ZENITH

Brilliant performance from both and a FANTASTIC performance from VITAFOAM...km 30 soonest and N2 dividend easily possible
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:00am On Apr 29, 2022
One thing with Vitafoam, once they want to release good result you will know. The price will just start rising days before the release. Their insiders no dey fear

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 11:09am On Apr 29, 2022
Willie2015:
Seplat movin up to N1034...
Picked my final units @ 990 2day
Km N1200..
here we come...
Watching in 3D...

Km N1200 finally arrived...
Mission Accomplished...
Sold first tranche of my holdings ...
Hopin price will hit N1300
B/4 mark down..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 11:24am On Apr 29, 2022
Willie2015:

Km N1200 finally arrived...
Mission Accomplished...
Sold first tranche of my holdings ...
Hopin price will hit N1300
B/4 mark down..

your doing well sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:30am On Apr 29, 2022
onegentleguy:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34897_VITAFOAM_NIG_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR.pdf

Frankly, VITAFOAM' financials presently ticks all the boxes. ...at least by a 70% accuracy. (3M to YE, 2021 in view)
It's a near perfect description of a fundamentally healthy coy.

√ Strong growth trajectory following an above risk-discounted delivery across all revenue and earnings line.

√ NET MARGIN growing at a faster pace than GROSS despite higher cost line... ensuring a sound AsY and AsQ.

√ Double digit growth in EM and AER.

√ Strong cash position (NCPS) on the back of a higher CCC and CGPR.

√ CA printing a premium to TL... following a faster growth in NCA compared to that of the latter line.

The last 3 line shows that these fellows must be making a lot of money.
Their product line most be selling real fast. (Compare days in inventory, ∆InvT, receivables and CCC)

I still remember when this coy was trading for btw N5-6 with many investors apparently not interested in it.
Am guessing the move to restructure their business model and expand into other basic home valuables while increasing their footprint into few other African countries was the game changer!

The price of the coy has already gone up quite a bit.
Think it was the 3rd best performing stock (up by over 188%) in 2021... only behind Morison Ind and RoyalEx Insurance.

For Traders, there are ways to play around coys like this given that it's YE dividend declaration is yet to be implemented. (think Feb 14-18 and 11 marks the closure date and QD respectively)
For investors, it might be best to hold... but keep a close watch on their quarterly report to observe any change in trajectory.
H1 2022 report will be KEY!

In VITAFOAM, I believe!

Using a mix of valuation model that adopts a conservative approach assuming zero growth to YE, 2O22, and attaches a premium net of surrounding risk, I have a FVE of N31.4
...still a BUY from my end.

CAVEAT: Due diligence still applies as always.
My advise? ...pls do well to follow your instinct.

Kudos @ currentprice for spotting this nice piece!
It is well.

On this (VITAFOAM), my FVE has now been adjusted upwards to N39.74 (previous: N31.4) following the release of its positively all-touching H1, 2022 financial print.
Now that's a near 72% premium from yesterday's closing price.

Rating retained at overweight/outperform.

...BUY!

NOTE: Due diligence still applies as always.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by goody234: 11:45am On Apr 29, 2022
ogas is living trust still worth keeping?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 11:47am On Apr 29, 2022
ukay2:

your doing well sir

We are all doing well my brother..

Only thru Gods grace...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:58am On Apr 29, 2022
yMcy56:

OK.
I hope someone wouldn't compare him/herself to you sha......cos you for don Siddon and balance for the bus......before typing this. lipsrsealed grin

I dey inside the Bus since N1.30 grin grin

Na money i come collect, I no come count bridge for Lagos.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2022
onegentleguy:

I just published an article with the title:

MTN NIGERIA: "THE ANATOMY OF A PUBLIC OFFER"

...Dissecting the recent PO (public offer) proposal by MTN Nigeria; everything from interpreting the Nos to looking in on the recent financials with a view to seeking VALUE!

It's published on booksie, the U.K blog medium and the personal finance section of some select national dailies.

You may wish to read through by using the link below;
https://www.booksie.com/663437-mtn-nigeria-the-anatomy-of-a-public-offer

Regards

As for MTN, my FVE has also been adjusted upwards to N268.3 (previous: N229.7) following the release of its much line improved Q1, 2022 financial print.
...and that, assuming a very conservative growth margin to YE and raking-off an above inflation risk premium. (ref: 40% margin off... on reality check given present growth constrain in the sector)

Rating retained on outperform.
...HOLD!

For those who sent me mails and messages on MTN following the govts recent restrictive policies... this, perhaps should help douse your worry and guide your decision-making going forward.

Again due diligence still applies as always.

Selah

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gentop1: 12:09pm On Apr 29, 2022
The bonus share has been done since February, if my memory saved me well

quote author=iby2000 post=112367392]Good Morning Great People

Please i want to inquire if CUTIX PLC has started fulfilling their Promise of the Shared Bonus 1:1 for every Share held in the Company?

Thanks a lot[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kalkah: 12:11pm On Apr 29, 2022
Yes, my CSCS was credited last month.
gentop1:
The bonus share has been done since February, if my memory saved me well

quote author=iby2000 post=112367392]Good Morning Great People

Thanks a lot
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 12:18pm On Apr 29, 2022
yok:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes we bought this based on[b] technical[/b]/fundamentals analysis.

Unit bought would have spoke volume for U. Abi na u d buy those 1 unit for market??

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2022
samguru:
Julius Berger Nigeria PLC shey u dey whine me ni if dem born you well oya cross #50 mark

is JB attempting to reach KM 50 ni?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jinnyz: 2:44pm On Apr 29, 2022
I just discovered that EDC securities is charging over 2% on trading fees which is highly ridiculous. Pls what other brokers are you using that their fees are low.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6677) (6678) (6679) (6680) (6681) (6682) (6683) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: crownprince2017, Emumakpo, nedu666, DaddyJapan(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.