Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6677) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10905743 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6674) (6675) (6676) (6677) (6678) (6679) (6680) ... (7759) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2022
Imjustagirl:
Good morning guys. Sorry to be a bother, but please can anyone tell me how to sell my access bank shares. I have the certificate. Thanks

For any shares to be sold, it must first be dematerialized - the process of converting your holdings in a company into an electronic form.

The first thing to do is open a cscs/stock account and then submit your certificate to the stockbroker who then process it through the registrar and it will be domiciled into your cscs account; with your shares in cscs, you can issue a sale order to your broker to sell and in 3 days you get your cash into your bank account or you can do the selling yourself for a stockbroking firm that has an online trading platform.

Click the link on my signature to open a cscs/stock account for free with Investment One.
You can call/chat me with the number on my signature if you need further clarification

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

Read note 15.

The N7b increase in other operating expenses was not due to diesel cost.

Out of this N7b, N6b was from :

- increase in deposit insurance premiums (+N1.2b)
-increase in AMCON expenses (+N2.2b)
-increase in advert, promotion and corporate gifts (+N0.3b)
-increase in administrative, communication and sponsorship expenses (+N1.2b)
-increase in Human capital expenses (+N1.1b)

Diesel and electricity cost was just a paltry +N0.3b increase.

Nigerian Banks have adjusted to the energy crisis happening globally and that is why they are operating reduced working hours. Some branches operate 9 am to 1pm, some 9am to 3pm. Some till 5pm.

In Germany, you are advised to shower cold. In France, you are told to wash your dishes or laundry only at the weekends to reduce load.

So the GTB N7b expenses was truly on "other operating items" .

Thanks for answering the question speedily. Good to see diesel cost is being managed with operating hours from your chat and not the cause of OPEX jump. However rising OPEX seem to be trending. Perhaps banks will see more AMCON expenses as this was the biggest in the note 15. But will not enough to shake profits due to revenues increasing faster.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 7:19pm On Apr 26, 2022
FBNH 3 days to go. Perhaps coming with Q1 together. Perhaps very bad. Perhaps Good.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 26, 2022
BabsO2:

Thanks for answering the question speedily. Good to see diesel cost is being managed with operating hours from your chat and not the cause of OPEX jump. However rising OPEX seem to be trending. Perhaps banks will see more AMCON expenses as this was the biggest in the note 15. But will not enough to shake profits due to revenues increasing faster.

Rising OPEX in food and drink companies will easily be passed onto the consumers. Same for petrol retailers and telcos. You must eat. You must drink. You must drive or be driven. You must communicate via text or calls. These are now part of our everyday lives. So investing in inflation hedges (like those mentioned above) will deliver superior returns.

Banks on the other hand will make money especially in Nigeria because loans are given to those manufacturers that they need to service.

Hotels may be battered because they are facing a double whammy of cost. First is the energy cost (so you will be seeing AC room or no AC room queries). Then you have the food inflation which will increase the cost of feeding in all hotels. When hotels pass these costs to customers through higher room rates, patronage is reduced.

As per AMCON.... Eniyanman in SMN those days called it an acronym for "A Massive CON".

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 7:29pm On Apr 26, 2022
yMcy56:

Hhmmm.
Bros which encouragement is there when stocks are losing?
What benefit is there to create fear, and then, the stocks may again reversed up after few days, some will now blame the poster?
Think the tradition of plenty postings favours the bull the more...... grin
My ogas will always say, know why you're investing and what you invested in.....this way, you'll be able control your emotions during downtime..... tongue

Think GTCO's result triggers the sell off towards closing.
One of my ogas here said "maybe some people used to read the result upside down" when UCAP released Q1.

Maybe I also read your comment upside down sha. No vex. grin

Sist na Zenith I dey talk about. I recall some days back when Zenith jump by N1, some people say ojoro don enter. I been dey expect the same energy as e drop na.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by WantsandMore: 7:51pm On Apr 26, 2022
What is the prospect of mtn shares with Google Backed Equinox cable now in Lagos. Should one sell or hold ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by creategist: 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2022
Please what do the AMCON expenses which GTCo (and possibly other banks) incurred entail?

RabbiDoracle:

Rising OPEX in food and drink companies will easily be passed onto the consumers. Same for petrol retailers and telcos. You must eat. You must drink. You must drive or be driven. You must communicate via text or calls. These are now part of our everyday lives. So investing in inflation hedges (like those mentioned above) will deliver superior returns.

Banks on the other hand will make money especially in Nigeria because loans are given to those manufacturers that they need to service.

Hotels may be battered because they are facing a double whammy of cost. First is the energy cost (so you will be seeing AC room or no AC room queries). Then you have the food inflation which will increase the cost of feeding in all hotels. When hotels pass these costs to customers through higher room rates, patronage is reduced.

As per AMCON.... Eniyanman in SMN those days called it an acronym for "A Massive CON".
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Phlinx: 10:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:21pm On Apr 26, 2022
Phlinx:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/35776_UNITED_BANK_FOR_AFRICA_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FINANCIAL_STAT.pdf

UBA result is not that bad. PAT of of 48bilion as against 38billion,
Eps of 1.14 as against 1.04 from last year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:11pm On Apr 26, 2022
Mpeace:
UBA result is not that bad. PAT of of 48bilion as against 38billion,
Eps of 1.14 as against 1.04 from last year.

Good PAT but bad comprehensive income.

Other Opex up ~20 % on a mix bag of reasons. But explicit in note 14 fuel/maintenance cost up by ~20%. But that line of cost is ~ a 5th of other opex. The revenue engines are delivering faster than any opex increase thereby yielding a good PAT

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 7:17am On Apr 27, 2022
Good morning house. Trying to activate e-dividend mandate for GTCO shares I bought recently. I uploaded a filled and signed mandate form to DataMax registrars. Also sent to them a bankers confirmation of my signature. DataMax registrars replied that my e-dividend mandate will not be processed as they do not have a specimen of my signature. That it won't be processed until my stockbrokers (CSL) send a share transfer form to them through CSCS. Why a share transfer form when I am not selling or passing my shares to anyone? Is that the normal procedure? I have not had a similar experience in the past while activating e dividend mandate for any of my shares with other registrars.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 7:26am On Apr 27, 2022
I bought the GTCO shares last month through my stockbrokers(CSL). I have had e dividend mandates activated for shares I bought on the secondary market. I have never needed a share transfer form.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucvin: 7:28am On Apr 27, 2022
It is normal for your stockbrokers to forward share transfer form to the registrar. I had similar expérience with African Prudential when i got my UBA and Ucap dividends. Thé form is also required to ascertain the exact units of share holdings in your portfolios. Simply
Instruct your brokers to send it directly to Datamax.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 7:43am On Apr 27, 2022
leparj:
Good morning house. Trying to activate e-dividend mandate for GTCO shares I bought recently. I uploaded a filled and signed mandate form to DataMax registrars. Also sent to them a bankers confirmation of my signature. DataMax registrars replied that my e-dividend mandate will not be processed as they do not have a specimen of my signature. That it won't be processed until my stockbrokers (CSL) send a share transfer form to them through CSCS. Why a share transfer form when I am not selling or passing my shares to anyone? Is that the normal procedure? I have not had a similar experience in the past while activating e dividend mandate for any of my shares with other registrars.

That is the normal procedure. They won't activate it until your stock broker send them your share transfer form.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 8:04am On Apr 27, 2022
Heishere:

That is the normal procedure. They won't activate it until your stock broker send them your share transfer form.

OK. Thanks.
Will contact CSL to do so.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 9:12am On Apr 27, 2022
leparj:

OK. Thanks.
Will contact CSL to do so.

Don't just contact them to do so. You are the one to request for the form, complete and send back to them. CSL will send to CSCS and CSCS will in turn send to Datamax that is the process.

When completing the form, in the space for the number of units write the number of units you bought at a deal if you bought your Gtco in tranches. E. g if you have 100k units of GTCO and you bought say twice of 70k and 30k units you will either write 70k or 30k units not 100k units this will cover for both.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 10:20am On Apr 27, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Imjustagirl(f): 10:55am On Apr 27, 2022
emmasoft:

For any shares to be sold, it must first be dematerialized - the process of converting your holdings in a company into an electronic form.

The first thing to do is open a cscs/stock account and then submit your certificate to the stockbroker who then process it through the registrar and it will be domiciled into your cscs account; with your shares in cscs, you can issue a sale order to your broker to sell and in 3 days you get your cash into your bank account or you can do the selling yourself for a stockbroking firm that has an online trading platform.

Click the link on my signature to open a cscs/stock account for free with Investment One.
You can call/chat me with the number on my signature if you need further clarification

Thank you so much
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:03am On Apr 27, 2022
FCMB
EPS of 0.26 in Q1 2022 against 0.18k in 2021
Not a bad one I think.....
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/35777_FCMB_GROUP_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_20.pdf

UBA
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/35776_UNITED_BANK_FOR_AFRICA_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FINANCIAL_STAT.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nigerialabalaba: 11:05am On Apr 27, 2022
HoneyWholesaler:
Good morning

P.S. Original HONEY - for CHEAP WHOLESALER of original unadulterated honey straight from the bee farm, check my signature
Cc Mynd44 Seun Lalasticlala Dominique Mukina2
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:41am On Apr 27, 2022
This market no just balance.....
See GUINNESS @88.45 while Zee and GT are struggling in 24 region..... grin

ACADEMY: Already made U-turn........ full bid @1.33.....
UPDC: Full bid @0.96k
PRESCO!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:34pm On Apr 27, 2022
yMcy56:
@Locodemy don silent for this forum....
Na me and who go come dey discuss JIJO here now? grin
Loco make you gbé body out o.
Megawealth01 too don dey ghost mode...... tongue

I'm always here reading posts. Just that cryptocurrencies hold my money now grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nigerialabalaba: 1:51pm On Apr 27, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2022
OK. Thanks.
Just seeing this.
I have filled, signed and sent to CSL.
The CSL staff I sent to said he has forwarded it.
Didn't differentiate the deals. Bought 60k units in one day. It was 2 deals. I filled 60k.
Hope it won't cause any issues?
emmasoft:

Don't just contact them to do so. You are the one to request for the form, complete and send back to them. CSL will send to CSCS and CSCS will in turn send to Datamax that is the process.

When completing the form, in the space for the number of units write the number of units you bought at a deal if you bought your Gtco in tranches. E. g if you have 100k units of GTCO and you bought say twice of 70k and 30k units you will either write 70k or 30k units not 100k units this will cover for both.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 2:00pm On Apr 27, 2022
Thanks.

ucvin:
It is normal for your stockbrokers to forward share transfer form to the registrar. I had similar expérience with African Prudential when i got my UBA and Ucap dividends. Thé form is also required to ascertain the exact units of share holdings in your portfolios. Simply
Instruct your brokers to send it directly to Datamax.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 2:30pm On Apr 27, 2022
leparj:
OK. Thanks.
Just seeing this.
I have filled, signed and sent to CSL.
The CSL staff I sent to said he has forwarded it.
Didn't differentiate the deals. Bought 60k units in one day. It was 2 deals. I filled 60k.
Hope it won't cause any issues?
No it won't when l was filling the share transfer form l summed up everything (the stock) though l bought in tranches on the same day.l was corrected that l should input only one of the two when filling the form.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 2:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
OK.
Thanks.

sterlingD:

No it won't when l was filling the share transfer form l summed up everything (the stock) though l bought in tranches on the same day.l was corrected that l should input only one of the two when filling the form.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:54pm On Apr 27, 2022
Fcmb just landed. 500units I kept for remembrance lol. The dividend no fit buy me bread sef.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IHelp: 3:11pm On Apr 27, 2022
Gtb just landed safely
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by enibal(f): 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2022
please when will Transcorp dividend enter?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6674) (6675) (6676) (6677) (6678) (6679) (6680) ... (7759) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Megapower, Boshins, sophy17(m), Itsrm(m), Jerekre(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.