Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6767) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10875835 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6764) (6765) (6766) (6767) (6768) (6769) (6770) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jochez15: 10:33am On Sep 04, 2022
emmasoft:

The profit/usefulness of the thread cannot be overemphasized. The taste of the pudding is in the eating. Go through and you will testify.

Call the thread:
Biz school,
Biz master class
Practical Investment school
Investment information hub
Due diligence confirmation arena
Biz and investment analysis hub
Ponzi scheme detector forum
Mentor/mentee hookup place
etc
the list is unending
add yours as you go through

I learnt everything I know about NSE on this trend.
Although I still have issue with valuing the right price to pay for a stock.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2022
Jochez15:

Well, on deciding on valuing the right price for a stock, what I do most times is that I pick a particular stock I'm interested in, look up the price of the stock for the last 1 yr to determine whether the current price is on the high or low side and the potential spread i can make should I decide to sell the stock (after comparing the current price of the stock to the highest price it had gotten to). Hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 1:17pm On Sep 04, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

I don't know how to explain this.

Audio as in not backed by cash. Goods can be sold on credit, and used in arriving at the profit for the business, earnings can also be manipulated. At the end of the day, it is the cash available that will be used to pay dividends.

Reason why I prefer using dividends or free cash flow for my stock valuation instead of EPS...

Ideally the difference between the EPS and free cash flow should not be more than 10%.

I prefer situations whereby the free cash flow is even more than the EPS, as observed in the annual reports of some companies
This

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2022
Jochez15:

Learn Technical Analysis (TA).

Fundamental analysis will only help you know which stock to buy based on the company financial, management and footprint in the industry but TA will help you find the point to enter and to exit.

If you study TA well, you could hit the point with an error margin (drawdown) of say 5 to 10%.

And don't go for narratives. Be principled when using TA.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 3:43pm On Sep 04, 2022
On the podcast this week, we chat with Ms. Juliana Ogunkoya (Equity research analyst, Meristem Securities Ltd) about the Breweries listed on the NGX.

We explore why their revenue/ profits declined significantly from 2018 till 2020, why profits are rising now and future prospects in the industry.

I hope our conversation improves your investing practice.

https://anchor.fm/value-nigeria/episodes/69--A-look-at-the-breweries-A-chat-with-Ms--Juliana-Ogunkoya-e1nbu59

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Makamoney(m): 9:50pm On Sep 04, 2022
Please Ogas in the house, where can one learn Technical and fundamental analysis?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by beejay1(m): 10:45am On Sep 05, 2022

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 10:50am On Sep 05, 2022
Good morning
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 10:55am On Sep 05, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ynix(m): 11:45am On Sep 05, 2022
PayPal funds $150 * 2 up for sale

WhatsApp 08 084 932248
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:16pm On Sep 05, 2022
beejay1:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36724_GUARANTY_TRUST_HOLDING_COMPANY_PLC%20_QUARTER_2_%20_FINANC.pdf
Profit after tax and eps reduced. Dividends still .30
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hmohammed(m): 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2022
Na wa ooo

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchetoba: 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2022
Mpeace:
The result is not too bad anyway
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ajibade123(m): 3:18pm On Sep 05, 2022
yMcy56:
Yes.
thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ajibade123(m): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2022
I don't know but I just added more MTN stock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Audacius: 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2022
bfn1:

This thread was created 10 years ago & you are commenting on its 6,766th page.
That should tell you a lot about it.

You'll get good information to guide your investment decisions.

Also very many pages were lost to a glitch some years back.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2022
E ku market oooooo

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 6:25pm On Sep 05, 2022
Mpeace:

is still a good result ooo it was the tax expense that made the result be like that 25b against 13b
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by beejay1(m): 8:01pm On Sep 05, 2022
Hello house, please i need help on how to track some of my shares brought under 'First Inland Securities & Asset Mgt Limited' back in the days. Can anyone help with who they merged with, as i cannot find them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bfn1: 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2022
Audacius:
Also very many pages were lost to a glitch some years back.
Thanks for the reminder.

It happened in June, 2014.

Over 9 years of data got wiped out. All effort at recovery only yielded partial success as about 5 months' data remained irrecoverable.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bfn1: 9:23pm On Sep 05, 2022
beejay1:
Hello house, please i need help on how to track some of my shares brought under 'First Inland Securities & Asset Mgt Limited' back in the days. Can anyone help with who they merged with, as i cannot find them.
Why not just request for your CSCS stocks statement?

Send an email to contact@cscs.ng with either your CSCS CHN or A/C number.

You'll be charged N538 for the service.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rahjan: 9:43pm On Sep 05, 2022
Hello Everyone,
I wanted to join an investment club TGIC but I learnt that admission to new members is closed indefinitely. Does anyone know any other reputable investment club in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by comatekeke: 11:36pm On Sep 05, 2022
beejay1:
Carry out a global search with cscs through another stockbroker with your name and variations of your name you used with your old stockbroker(First Inland Securities & Asset Mgt Limited) to buy the shares.
This should find all the shares associated with your name in the Nigerian capital market including with multiple stockbrokers and registrars.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dramadiddy(m): 12:11am On Sep 06, 2022
question please. does the broker you use affect how fast your buy/sell orders are filled?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by comatekeke: 6:08am On Sep 06, 2022
Dramadiddy:
question please. does the broker you use affect how fast your buy/sell orders are filled?
Before your order is placed, it can be delayed, once the order is placed it can't be delayed.
Your stockbroker might also be unable to place your order due to any internal problem that they are experiencing, that's why you use two stockbrokers with one CHN.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 11:29am On Sep 06, 2022
Zenith & GT sleepin...
We dey siddon look...
Tks to Stanbic for d bullish run ...
Out at N33...2Day..
We queue again at N28..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Gfab20: 11:53am On Sep 06, 2022
rahjan:
Hello Everyone,
I wanted to join an investment club TGIC but I learnt that admission to new members is closed indefinitely. Does anyone know any other reputable investment club in Nigeria?

I advise you to stay away from them as far as you can. Just go on Instagram and Twitter and search TGIC and see what their members have been subjected to (though they have been actively deleting negative comments about them and doing image laundering on IG).

At the end of the day, its still your choice to make.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 1:18pm On Sep 06, 2022
Fidelity Bank has its H1 Earnings conference call later today at 3pm - if it floats your boat. You can register on their website.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rahjan: 2:06pm On Sep 06, 2022
Gfab20:

I advise you to stay away from them as far as you can. Just go on Instagram and Twitter and search TGIC and see what their members have been subjected to (though they have been actively deleting negative comments about them and doing image laundering on IG).

At the end of the day, its still your choice to make.
Thanks a lot for your comments though I never had the intention of giving anyone my funds to invest for me. What I'm looking for is a place where I can get good information upon which I may act. Here used to be great for the above purpose but accusations of monkey hunting has chased many of our ogas away.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2022
thesilentone:
Fidelity Bank has its H1 Earnings conference call later today at 3pm - if it floats your boat. You can register on their website.
Just when I thought I had heard all the expressions in English, you throw in a new one...
Nice...
Hopefully, I'll listen to the audio recording afterwards...
Thanks...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 4:18pm On Sep 06, 2022
Haha.

Quite an interesting call with good questions posed on the future outlook of the bank.

Overall outlook is positive despite headwinds.

DrAwo:

Just when I thought I had heard all the expressions in English, you throw in a new one...
Nice...
Hopefully, I'll listen to the audio recording afterwards...
Thanks...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 10:35pm On Sep 06, 2022
When is the payment date for GTB interim dividend?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6764) (6765) (6766) (6767) (6768) (6769) (6770) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: handsomebolanle and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.