Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,437 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6806) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10898771 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6803) (6804) (6805) (6806) (6807) (6808) (6809) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 3:12pm On Nov 09, 2022
grin grin
Agbalowomeri:

Burial of Dangote grandmother
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 3:13pm On Nov 09, 2022
Not sure about Christmas rally if that is what you're alluding to

Mpeace:
Market will surely move as 15th December gets closer. Everyone will taste it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2022
thesilentone:
Not sure about Christmas rally if that is what you're alluding to

If you are current with the latest developments in Nigeria, you will surely know what will happen on December 25th 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 3:27pm On Nov 09, 2022
I see you're referring to the currency swap, I won't be hanging my hopes of a rally on that premise.

There are too many official non-happening policies that it would be surprising if this swap happens. There is enough time for the regulators to change their minds.

Don't get pulled in or out of the market because you think something will happen. There is enough time to partake IF it happens.

Mfunkynation:

If you are current with the latest developments in Nigeria, you will surely know what will happen on December 25th 2022

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2022
thesilentone:
I see you're referring to the currency swap, I won't be hanging my hopes of a rally on that premise.

There are too many official non-happening policies that it would be surprising if this swap happens. There is enough time for the regulators to change their minds.

Don't get pulled in or out of the market because you think something will happen. There is enough time to partake IF it happens.

100%% boss!! You see this country Nigeria, I don't believe anything until I see it! Even dividends that I am owed, I remain skeptical until that money hits my account. This is the way in Nigeria, you're almost never disappointed when they let you down

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2022
Learn Mandarin Chinese at your spare time grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 2:48pm On Nov 10, 2022
RabbiDoracle:
Ment

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 4:02pm On Nov 10, 2022
Same population as India

RabbiDoracle:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ImperialCovfefe: 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2022
When the Naira appreciates, you don't hear a peep. Always silent. Even a 25% change?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 8:21pm On Nov 10, 2022
Flying Fish... grin grin grin
Fish about to re-enter water... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Phlinx: 11:37pm On Nov 10, 2022
ImperialCovfefe:
When the Naira appreciates, you don't hear a peep. Always silent. Even a 25% change?
Exactly what crossed my mind. They are only good at reporting doom and gloom

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 11:38pm On Nov 10, 2022
DeRuggedProf:
Flying Fish... grin grin grin
Fish about to re-enter water... grin

Please, what do we expect?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:53am On Nov 11, 2022
Phlinx:
Exactly what crossed my mind. They are only good at reporting doom and gloom
They won't post such reports since it's not beneficial to their personal selfish interests...... smiley

Think I posted something similar 2 days ago, that there are quite a large activities in the financial sector especially, as the Naira keeps appreciating against Dollars.......
The pot bellies seems to be running Helter skelter to secure their funds in commodities and equities ahead of the new notes introduction in Dec 15 2022 and deadline of 31st Jan 2023.....

Some Reports also have it that US may cease to use the Dollars printed before 2021, with Jan 31st as deadline...... double wahala for rich ogas and hoarders... cheesy
(*Though there was denial but, it's not impossible)

Some strange things are happening in the financial sector of the world in general...

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/naira-rebounds-as-new-currency-notes-introduction-draws-closer/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:54am On Nov 11, 2022
ImperialCovfefe:

It's only profit taking
We will be back there next week Lol

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:02am On Nov 11, 2022
sky2891:

Please, what do we expect?

A rebounce from today... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:10am On Nov 11, 2022
DeRuggedProf:

A rebounce from today... grin
The-Rugged-Prof nice to see your chart pattern grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:17am On Nov 11, 2022
Agbalowomeri:

It's only profit taking
We will be back there next week Lol
...I agreed. No story to tell on naira 1 - 2 day appreciation, when fundamentally nothing to back it up. We depend largely on importation, low productivity, high inflation, corruptions, bad economic policy implementations etc I will be surprised if the rate is not >N1,000 to $1 in the next few days. Not a gloom or doom; it's the reality
grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:26am On Nov 11, 2022
BullBearMkt:

The-Rugged-Prof nice to see your chart pattern grin
grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks Boss. Respect.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 10:57am On Nov 11, 2022
If you have CSCS Subscription, please login and check your portfolio, something is not quite right with mine (first issue since I subscribed). I've gone from double digit companies to just one grin grin

Laughter is my only reaction
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:12am On Nov 11, 2022
thesilentone:
If you have CSCS Subscription, please login and check your portfolio, something is not quite right with mine (first issue since I subscribed). I've gone from double digit companies to just one grin grin

Laughter is my only reaction

Really ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ololufemi: 11:52am On Nov 11, 2022
ImperialCovfefe:

It's only speculators cashing out on their profits (profit taking) via the appreciation we saw. The fundamental factors affecting the devaluation over the years are yet to be resolved and the CBN still maintains its foreign exchange control policy so we will be back there gradually.

A quick review on how long it takes to get BTA or payment for school fees should give you an idea that it's just a pit stop.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 12:19pm On Nov 11, 2022
ololufemi:

It's only speculators cashing out on their profits (profit taking) via the appreciation we saw. The fundamental factors affecting the devaluation over the years are yet to be resolved and the CBN still maintains its foreign exchange control policy so we will be back there gradually.

A quick review on how long it takes to get BTA or payment for school fees should give you an idea that it's just a pit stop.

I want to believe the recent depreciation of the naira is fuelled by speculation and not much by economic fundamentals......

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:08pm On Nov 11, 2022
pluto09:

I want to believe the recent depreciation of the naira is fuelled by speculation and not much by economic fundamentals......

Do you operate a Dom account? Have you tried to withdraw dollars in recent time?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2022
Agbalowomeri:

Do you operate a Dom account? Have you tried to withdraw dollars in recent time?

The same inability to withdraw forex occurred in 2009 - 2010, 2015 - 2016, 2021 - 2022. So it is a cycle that will pass and USD/NGN will revert to 415 if not lower.

This too shall pass.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:13pm On Nov 11, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

The same inability to withdraw forex occurred in 2009 - 2010, 2015 - 2016, 2021 - 2022. So it is a cycle that will pass and USD/NGN will revert to 415 if not lower.

This too shall pass.

The scarcity is still there and until it is out, we will still have to deal with scarce supply

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bennyflipy(m): 2:58pm On Nov 11, 2022
Just checked my small 52 MTN shares and all I can say is Omo.
Something that was so high middle of the year is dropping like a man that just cum.
I just dey laugh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:07pm On Nov 11, 2022
bennyflipy:
Just checked my small 52 MTN shares and all I can say is Omo.
Something that was so high middle of the year is dropping like a man that just cum.
I just dey laugh.

remaining chinkili thing let mtn get to N100 less than that high youbtalked about.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slimdove: 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2022
Agbalowomeri:

The scarcity is still there and until it is out, we will still have to deal with scarce supply
On point grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2022
Why do Nigerian companies not buyback shares? Or am I looking in the wrong places?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bennyflipy(m): 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2022
Mpeace:
remaining chinkili thing let mtn get to N100 less than that high youbtalked about.
I am thinking was selling everything, but I am holding till end of Dec.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 5:08pm On Nov 11, 2022
bennyflipy:

I am thinking was selling everything, but I am holding till end of Dec.
I am holding long term.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 6:30pm On Nov 11, 2022
thesilentone:
Why do Nigerian companies not buyback shares? Or am I looking in the wrong places?

I believe Dangote did a lot of buyback during the first half of the year.

Imagine if the big banks did the same thing and used all that dividend money to buyback some of their shares!

A lot of people/retirees will not like this but I personally will not mind. That’s 10% less taxes shareholders will need to pay to the crooked government

(1) (2) (3) ... (6803) (6804) (6805) (6806) (6807) (6808) (6809) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: eziokwunwoko(m), Pakso, STOjo, edwardaigb, owolabi5, USAfall2024, presiade(m), Kingchuks(m), 222Martins(m), tayejay(m), bubykay01, Mfunkynation(m), drotba(m), Shalom428 and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.