Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6803) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10949804 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6800) (6801) (6802) (6803) (6804) (6805) (6806) ... (7777) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2022
essentialone:
Dividends declared, awaiting payments...✍️

Airtel
Aluminium Extrusion
AXAMansard
Learn Africa
NB
Nestlé
OkomuOil
PRESCO
PZ
Seplat Energy
Total

why na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 1:55pm On Nov 03, 2022
Our BoE interest rate hike to 3% an hour ago means 'the world has ended' grin grin. In comparison to Turkey, it is child's play.

RabbiDoracle:

OK. Let me break it down. And let no one see this as me blowing my bubble.

I live in Turkey (unfortunately close to Russia separated by the black sea) grin grin grin and that is why I am concerned about some nuclear rhetoric.

Here inflation is 83% as at September 2022. This one na govt report o. Interest on bank deposit is 16%. So things are really expensive. Exchange rate (USD - lira) rose spectacularly in 2021 (from 6+ to 18) and it had remained so till 2022 (18+).

So what do people do to beat inflation? They buy cars and flip. Some buy houses and flip. Then people buy food and store. These are real assets. Real goods.

Those who have change to spare buy equities of the companies that produce real goods. Because during inflation, you must make necessary provisions for basic things. So you must buy these at those high prices. These go to the companies as increasing revenues and after cost of sales and other expenses, they still shell out massive returns. They pay Dividends. Stock make parabolic rise.

I have noticed that lots of companies that produce goods had their stocks rise between 500% to 1, 000%. Some are even more. I have quite a few names scattered in the affected sectors that these global events impact. So I write based on experience.

If you are holding cash when inflation is 83% and interest on deposits is just 16%, then you will be instantly crushed.

Now going back to Nigeria, inflation (govt reported) is 20% and what is the fixed deposit rate? Maybe 17%. This is nothing. You are still in financial repression where your funds lose money in a double whammy of lower fixed deposit rates vs inflation and devaluation. So what do you do because its gonna get worse before it gets better.

Though NSE isn't so deep like in Turkey where you trade wheat stocks, natural gas stocks, electric company stocks, steel stocks, dry food stocks, leasing, pharma and electronics etc. However we still have food stocks on NSE. You may think they won't rise, but when it starts, it goes very fast.

I have seen stocks do 500% in 3 months here. The most important is for one to ensure that every N1 you get doesn't stay as cash. You could be losing initially but it will be coming back as dividends which you can spend. If it is staying as cash, you will be spending it on highly costly goods(food, drink, energy cost etc) which would deplete your savings fast unlike when you are using dividends to offset these if you were invested in good dividends paying stocks.

And if you get like +1,000%, then you know what to do. grin grin

Inflation is beneficial to me and it is what I'm experiencing now. So I speak from experience.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by daddymgg: 2:48pm On Nov 03, 2022
thesilentone:
Our BoE interest rate hike to 3% an hour ago means 'the world has ended' grin grin. In comparison to Turkey, it is child's play.

Please can you name two food company in NSE that someone can start to mop up please. Need a recommendation for my own DD too
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 3:03pm On Nov 03, 2022
Redoil:

why na

They are recently declared Interim Dividends
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 3:07pm On Nov 03, 2022
daddymgg:

Please can you name two food company in NSE that someone can start to mop up please. Need a recommendation for my own DD too
none
foreign exchange is eating deep into their earnings for 80% of machine and raw materials are imported using dollars
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 3:38pm On Nov 03, 2022
Coronation Registrars is at the forefront of driving reduction of Unclaimed Dividends in the Capital Market. They take proactive measures to ensure that the shareholders in the company’s Register that they manage are paid their Dividends promptly.

Please click the link below, to know if you have Unclaimed Dividend, and follow the laid down instruction, to claim your Dividend.

https://shareholderlive.coronationregistrars.com/udivsearch/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2022
essentialone:
Coronation Registrars is at the forefront of driving reduction of Unclaimed Dividends in the Capital Market. They take proactive measures to ensure that the shareholders in the company’s Register that they manage are paid their Dividends promptly.

Please click the link below, to know if you have Unclaimed Dividend, and follow the laid down instruction, to claim your Dividend.

https://shareholderlive.coronationregistrars.com/udivsearch/
the search link is broken or not working
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2022
JUST IN: Fintechs May Crash Commercial Banks &#; CBN Raises Alarm

https://techdigest.ng/fintechs-crash-cbn/

This doesn't sound nice. It means a time is coming naija banks will loose streak of profitability. How much time do they have left before fin techs start eroding their profitability significantly
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2022
Innovation is good for the consumers.

Capitalism is brutal - the great banks that innovate will survive, the poor ones will die. Nothing bad here.

BabsO2:

This doesn't sound nice. It means a time is coming naija banks will loose streak of profitability. How much time do they have left before fin techs start eroding their profitability significantly

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 4:34pm On Nov 03, 2022
You have your answer - I don't have any on my radar at the moment.

daddymgg:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 5:24pm On Nov 03, 2022
essentialone:

Airtel
Aluminium Extrusion
AXAMansard
Learn Africa
NB
Nestlé
OkomuOil
PRESCO
PZ
Seplat Energy
Total
So wapco no do anything for shareholders as per interim dividends. Na wa oh
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2022
Mpeace:

No they did not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:06pm On Nov 03, 2022
BabsO2:

"Fintech refers to the application of software and hardware to financial services and processes, making them faster, easier to use and more secure. The fintech industry includes everything from payment processing solutions to mobile banking apps."

Traditional banks do these already nah, though the era of branch proliferation is coming to an end. In d near future, banks will run fewer branches as most banking transactions move online.

Good for investors and bad for d work force.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 6:31pm On Nov 03, 2022
ositadima1:

"Fintech refers to the application of software and hardware to financial services and processes, making them faster, easier to use and more secure. The fintech industry includes everything from payment processing solutions to mobile banking apps."

Traditional banks do these already nah, though the era of branch proliferation is coming to an end. In d near future, banks will run fewer branches as most banking transactions move online.

I observed in the last three years all the banks have been reducing staff except for Access. Perhaps due to it's recent mergers/acquisition. So perhaps they've started heeding the warning by upping IT. But the article mentioned names like interswitch eating into banks profitability.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by daddymgg: 6:56pm On Nov 03, 2022
ositadima1:

Wow ohhh, this true, bank workers will be affected for real. There exorbitant working expensive will be reduce drastically and share holder with enjoy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:07pm On Nov 03, 2022
daddymgg:

Wow ohhh, this true, bank workers will be affected for real. There exorbitant working expensive will be reduce drastically and share holder with enjoy

Lol cowboys go pocket the windfall
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Phlinx: 7:27pm On Nov 03, 2022
Redoil:

the search link is broken or not working
Type "mercy"
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Phlinx: 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2022
But I think this is eventually bad for Investors in the long run because if the whole work force goes broke and hungry who will buy goods and services?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2022
BabsO2:

I observed in the last three years all the banks have been reducing staff except for Access. Perhaps due to it's recent mergers/acquisition. So perhaps they've started heeding the warning by upping IT. But the article mentioned names like interswitch eating into banks profitability.

Interswitch provide payment services exclusively, while banks make most of their money from heavy lending and interest bearing securities. My observation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Backpedal: 9:01pm On Nov 03, 2022
I believe that banks will still have their branch network
Because a drastic reduction in their branch network will severely hit profitability of tier one commercial banks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:34pm On Nov 03, 2022
Backpedal:
I believe that banks will still have their branch network
Because a drastic reduction in their branch network will severely hit profitability of tier one commercial banks
No, it will increase profitability due to reduced overhead expenses.

That was once the secret of GTB profits, few branches and lots of costumers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2022
BabsO2:

Fintech can't crash commercial banks.
Commercial banks are also Deposit money banks

Nigerians are still dealing in cash transactions and Fintech can accept cash.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 11:34pm On Nov 03, 2022
essentialone:

Airtel
Aluminium Extrusion
AXAMansard
Learn Africa
NB
Nestlé
OkomuOil
PRESCO
PZ
Seplat Energy
Total

Na so Wapco put me for long thing? No wonder everyone selling like no man business. Mumu company

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slimdove: 7:16am On Nov 04, 2022
Ades1:

Na so Wapco put me for long thing? No wonder everyone selling like no man business. Mumu company
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:16am On Nov 04, 2022
Ades1:

Make una check on Pa Ewumi o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 10:06am On Nov 04, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:

Fintech can't crash commercial banks.
Commercial banks are also Deposit money banks

Nigerians are still dealing in cash transactions and Fintech can accept cash.

I would not have taken it seriously if not for CBN being the one raising the issue. The issue was raised as stated in the story, but how it could materialize was not included in the story.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:25am On Nov 04, 2022
BabsO2:

I would not have taken it seriously if not for CBN being the one raising the issue. The issue was raised as stated in the story, but how it could materialize was not included in the story.

I believe it is a false Alarm from the CBN, the CBN has been known to protect commercial banks.

And by law only commercial banks are money deposit banks.

I don't see Fintechs overtaken commercial banks soon.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 10:25am On Nov 04, 2022
BabsO2:

I strongly believe that the banks are aware and are investing in Fintechs too and being innovative. In my opinion the only bank that will go down is the one that does not innovate

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 11:13am On Nov 04, 2022
Dum20:

I strongly believe that the banks are aware and are investing in Fintechs too and being innovative. In my opinion the only bank that will go down is the one that does not innovate

Was surprised to see First Bank ...
gave me loan at 10 percent per month...
Without any documentation...
Just waitin for MTN and Airtel to start their mobille bankin...
Most banks will lose their retail clients...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:16am On Nov 04, 2022
Mpeace:
yMcy56:
** UCAP doesn't pay interim.
** WAPCO paid special interim Div in 2021 FYE, may just be a one-off thing, except there's going to be a surprise again this year.
.....In response to someone in June..
Remember posting about this WAPCO around the time it went up...
You should have prepared your mind against interim Dividend so it can again come as surprise for you if to say they declare it......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:16am On Nov 04, 2022
ARDOVA
In market today again......
Some insiders seems to be getting hook of some news maybe....

* We'll be watching out.....maybe they'll come and dump first before moving the bus again....
Ote$$ likes to buy cheap ... tongue

**Just opinion post**
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:16am On Nov 04, 2022
Willie2015:

Was surprised to see First Bank ...
gave me loan at 10 percent per month...
Without any documentation...
Just waitin for MTN and Airtel to start their mobille bankin...
Most banks will lose their retail clients...

Would the Fintech be able to give loan?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6800) (6801) (6802) (6803) (6804) (6805) (6806) ... (7777) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chuksnnaemeka, musa1010, ositadima1(m), Trone and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.