Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6825) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10880092 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6822) (6823) (6824) (6825) (6826) (6827) (6828) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 11:12pm On Dec 05, 2022
Tohmey:
Hello, i am new here and wish to join stock investment
How do i learn it and what are basis that drives the market?

To start ask yourself some of this questions
1. Why do I want to invest
2. What do I want to achieve
3. Can I take risk
4. Do I want to make money very quick or do I have ability to wait and get it slow and steady
5. What does investment actually mean to me
6. I'm I ready to learn by reading and experience
7. Can I control my emotions enough to still be cool headed if I lose all my investment or I made a gain of say 100% or more

Answer the questions objectively and
that will lead you to the next step of reading materials on investment, including posts on this thread and asking relevant questions.

Remember investment is a culture that one builds over time it's not a one-off thing.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 7:23am On Dec 06, 2022
Agbalowomeri:

Sha bring your profit make we share am

DM ur account make I buy u lunch @mamaput grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:14am On Dec 06, 2022
ositadima1:

DM ur account make I buy u lunch @mamaput grin

Lunch for two. I am bringing @yMcy56

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 8:27am On Dec 06, 2022
Agbalowomeri:

If you are going with @yMcy56, then it supposed to be lunch for 3. Her own supposed to be double portion.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:46am On Dec 06, 2022
E be like say big fall dey around the corner for Brent
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 06, 2022
Agbalowomeri:
E be like say big fall dey around the corner for Brent

It should be a huge rise. Capping Russian oil to $60 per barrel will mean that they will not sell to those who implement the cap. At least they have said it many times that they won't sell.

This will therefore cause limited supply in an environment where China is coming out of lockdown. This leads to huge price increases till a point (from my chart, say $220 per barrel) before demand starts to wane due to high oil price.

It is all arrangee. Just play the game.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:57am On Dec 06, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 9:00am On Dec 06, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 9:05am On Dec 06, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 9:37am On Dec 06, 2022
yMcy56:
CITITRUST COMMERCIAL PAPER
No one is talking about investment in CITITRUST CP?
For those looking for less risk investment, food don land o.
Offer opens: 23rd November 2022
Offer close: 7th December 2022
Minimum amount: N5M only.... smiley

** CITITRUST plans to list on NGX sometimes this year....before, but guess 2022 won't work out for the listing again.
please how can I get the commitment form?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 9:42am On Dec 06, 2022
emmasoft:

To start ask yourself some of this questions
1. Why do I want to invest
2. What do I want to achieve
3. Can I take risk
4. Do I want to make money very quick or do I have ability to wait and get it slow and steady
5. What does investment actually mean to me
6. I'm I ready to learn by reading and experience
7. Can I control my emotions enough to still be cool headed if I lose all my investment or I made a gain of say 100% or more

Answer the questions objectively and
that will lead you to the next step of reading materials on investment, including posts on this thread and asking relevant questions.

Remember investment is a culture that one builds over time it's not a one-off thing.

...nice 1 cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 9:46am On Dec 06, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

It should be a huge rise. Capping Russian oil to $60 per barrel will mean that they will not sell to those who implement the cap. At least they have said it many times that they won't sell.

This will therefore cause limited supply in an environment where China is coming out of lockdown. This leads to huge price increases till a point (from my chart, say $220 per barrel) before demand starts to wane due to high oil price.

It is all arrangee. Just play the game.
...I support your proposition. And technically, oil price is now "sitting" on a good support. Oil price just need to show sign of strength for bull runs to commence
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 9:48am On Dec 06, 2022
ositadima1:

Including u ! grin grin grin

No he is still waiting @12 grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:16am On Dec 06, 2022
Justcul:

No he is still waiting @12 grin grin grin

Come and buy us lunch with your loot o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 10:48am On Dec 06, 2022
McNichols bonus shares received

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:06am On Dec 06, 2022
UNILEVER
Emergency Board meeting coming up on 14th December to review the Company's business within the context of current operation realities.....
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/37280_UNILEVER_NIGERIA_PLC%20_NOTICES_OF_BOARD_MEETING_(BM)_%20.pdf

GEREGU
Discussion with Fund for Export Development in Africa (FEDA) to acquire some portion of Geregu Power shares.....
FEDA is the impact development arm of Afreximbank..
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/37275_GEREGU_POWER_PLC%20FEDA_DISCUSSIONS_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_DE.pdf

Loco hope you're doing your Jijo here..... smiley
From 100 to 130 before.......
From 130 back to 100 this morning........to pick another Jijo set..... smiley

AIRTEL AFRICA
New IFC loan facility....
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/37283_AIRTEL_AFRICA_PLC%20NEW_IFC_LOAN_FACILITY_CORPORATE_ACTI.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:09am On Dec 06, 2022
Ginalex:
please how can I get the commitment form?
You can request for it from your broker...
You have to fill and submit back to broker for processing.
Offer closes on 7th December 2022.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:20am On Dec 06, 2022
Agbalowomeri:
Agba see as someone is watching you right now..... grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:57am On Dec 06, 2022
Agbalowomeri:

Come and buy us lunch with your loot o

But are you still waiting for it @12 grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 12:33pm On Dec 06, 2022
yMcy56:
UNILEVER
Emergency Board meeting coming up on 14th December to review the Company's business within the context of current operation realities.....
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/37280_UNILEVER_NIGERIA_PLC%20_NOTICES_OF_BOARD_MEETING_(BM)_%20.pdf

GEREGU
Discussion with Fund for Export Development in Africa (FEDA) to acquire some portion of Geregu Power shares.....
FEDA is the impact development arm of Afreximbank..
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/37275_GEREGU_POWER_PLC%20FEDA_DISCUSSIONS_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_DE.pdf

Loco hope you're doing your Jijo here..... smiley
From 100 to 130 before.......
From 130 back to 100 this morning........to pick another Jijo set..... smiley

AIRTEL AFRICA
New IFC loan facility....
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/37283_AIRTEL_AFRICA_PLC%20NEW_IFC_LOAN_FACILITY_CORPORATE_ACTI.pdf

"to review the Company's business within the context of current operation realities....." with our tail in between our legs?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 1:21pm On Dec 06, 2022
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/160_Notification_of_Insider_Dealing_01_December_2022_Stanbic_Africa_Holdings_Limited.pdf

thesilentone:
Sounds like they have an existing share repurchase programme going on.

Whatever move the insiders need to make, today is their last opportunity until Feb 2023. This 'might' explain the large volume of sales noticed yesterday or might not.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 1:27pm On Dec 06, 2022
For Bond lovers ,could this happen in Nigeria?

They even quoted scripture grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2022
thesilentone:

Ghanaian central bank is making local bond investors to take losses on their interest payments while saving them from taking losses on their principal. Hence the change to the new bond.

Will investors believe the new story on future interest payments since they have reneged on their own old contract?

So much for safe haven investment called bonds. grin grin

Ghanaian banks hold 32% of govt bonds and they will be taking most of the losses on interest payments. This could lead to serious decline in the stocks of the banks within Ghana. They are in for a long thing.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2022
thesilentone:

In summary, the country is broke. They will still fail in future payments as there doesn't appear to be any way out. The ghanian currency is not having it easy.

Its warning to bond holders accross africa, and particularly nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2022
grin grin
Not so safe when govt can make that decision

RabbiDoracle:

Ghanaian central bank is making local bond investors to take losses on their interest payments while saving them from taking losses on their principal. Hence the change to the new bond.

Will investors believe the new story on future interest payments since they have reneged on their own old contract?

Ghanaian banks hold 32% of govt bonds and they will be taking most of the losses on interest payments. This could lead to serious decline in the stocks of the banks within Ghana. They are in for a long thing.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 2:28pm On Dec 06, 2022
Contagion effect is real
grin grin
Mpeace:
In summary, the country is broke. They will still fail in future payments as there doesn't appear to be any way out. The ghanian currency is not having it easy.

Its warning to bond holders accross africa, and particularly nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

I believe some Nigerian banks have operations in Ghana, will they take the hit? What will be the impact on the Parent Nigerian company?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 06, 2022
Dum20:

I believe some Nigerian banks have operations in Ghana, will they take the hit? What will be the impact on the Parent Nigerian company?

Insignificant impact.

It is only when there are other African countries that have similar issues that it will create a run in the bond markets.

RabbiDoracle:
This is the MOVE index which tracks volatility in the bond market.

This index needs to spike aggressively from the current 131 to over 220.

This spike will only be explained by an imminent global bond crisis. It will be a severe bond meltdown.

Once it affects bonds, most times it affects stocks as well.

Remember this? Wait for the global one. There will be increased bond volatility and that is the one we should fear and not that of Ghana.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 4:47pm On Dec 06, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

Insignificant impact.

It is only when there are other African countries that have similar issues that it will create a run in the bond markets.

Remember this? Wait for the global one. There will be increased bond volatility and that is the one we should fear and not that of Ghana.

Hmm,

Interesting, so are you saying one should not invest in bonds too? What is the impact on the stocks? You mean global stocks or other region stocks?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 5:19pm On Dec 06, 2022
Acting Right according to my criteria. Your shopping Wishlist could be different.

AFRIPRUD
ARDOVA
BERGER
BUACEMENT
CHAMPION
GLAXOSMITH
GTCO
JAIZ
LASACO
LIVESTOCK
MANSARD
MBENEFIT
MULTIVERSE
NAHCO
NGXGROUP
NPFMCR
WAPIC
UPL
UNITYBANK
UCAP
TRANSCORP
STANBIC
PZ
ACCESS
DANGCEM
UBA
MTNN
FBNH
ZENITH

If your favourites are not listed, please don't ask me why - use your own criteria.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 5:21pm On Dec 06, 2022
Totalenergies interim dividends: Pa Emma, you done get? I never see my own oh. Since yesterday.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 06, 2022
Dum20:

Hmm,

Interesting, so are you saying one should not invest in bonds too? What is the impact on the stocks? You mean global stocks or other region stocks?

You can invest in bonds if you understand it.

On impact on stocks:

I have written about late stage events in the past especially on dollar devaluation. See the abridged post below. Let's see if it comes through.

These are just my many wild tumbom tumbom grin grin. Do you due diligence.

RabbiDoracle:

Looking for me?

Now we are all watching who blinks first. In my opinion, it will be the Fed and the dollar index will make a sharp nosedive.

Watch these events as they are late stage events in a super bubble scenario:

- Dollar index crashes precipitously against all other currencies
- All commodities rise very hard
- Gold and Silver rise
- Equities rise sharply and very hard.
- Euphoria, mania and reckless betting in equities
- your barber tells you to start buying stocks

These events will be global. And it is usually shortlived.

I'm very bullish on NSE and all other EMs invested in. I'm bullish commodities and oil and gas.

Try and buy food and keep at home. Early 2023 food spike will make 2022 food prices look like child's play.

And the chart attached is the current dollar index. It is falling as forecasted. Let's watch for other events.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6822) (6823) (6824) (6825) (6826) (6827) (6828) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: edwardaigb, KayOn1, Mpeace(m), yeddy99, Emndy(m), Kingchuks(m), otomatic(m), husu(m) and 19 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.