Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,739 members, 7,851,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:02 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (694) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11033551 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (7805) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 12:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
I don't even think UBA is a tier 1 bank.........UBA stock price should be similar to that of skye Bank and Sterling bank............

zendi:
Anyway, UBA at 4 is still cheap relative to other Tier 1 banks. dividend or not.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 12:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
.......... you may need to look the way of Oando @ 13.50 #justsaying
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 12:45pm On Mar 26, 2015
Aks:
.......... you may need to look the way of Oando @ 13.50 #justsaying

Below 13 naira won't be a bad idea.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 12:46pm On Mar 26, 2015
[quote author=angelo82 post=32021887]I don't even think UBA is a tier 1 bank.........UBA stock price should be similar to that of skye Bank and Sterling bank............

LOL- UBA is a big brand and one of the SIB (Systemically Important Bank) banks with good rating internationally and locally. I share ur sentiment on the ridiculous dividend declared though
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by duni04(m): 12:46pm On Mar 26, 2015
angelo82:
I don't even think UBA is a tier 1 bank.........UBA stock price should be similar to that of skye Bank and Sterling bank............

See vexing grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 12:47pm On Mar 26, 2015
Youngzedd:

Below 13 naira won't be a bad idea.
It won't go below N13, i can place a bet on this
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Comsol: 12:54pm On Mar 26, 2015
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2015
ihedioramma:
UBA did not try at all at all why not pay bonus of 1 for 5?, lets go there chibuking,they will start coming back to you now. brothers and sisters let us take the price down to #1.50 so that they will try this year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 1:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
You think I dye vex.........I just dislike corporate 419..........Overhyping a brand that is not worth it is not kool.......

duni04:

See vexing grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 1:07pm On Mar 26, 2015
This is not the first time for their ridiculous dividend...........I think we need more regulation in the stockmarket.........I hope the price can hit 8naira anyhow in 8months so that I can exit this stock............

[quote author=Aks post=32022032][/quote]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DonDiego(m): 1:10pm On Mar 26, 2015
It's shocking how people can be so one-track minded with regard to this UBA result. How could anyone expecting to make money thru UBA only focus on the possible dividend exclusively. The type of price appreciation opportunities which UBA has granted smart investors since late last quarter at its prevailing price (plus and minus fluctuations) have been such that any smart investor would have made tons of money before the disappointment of today's results. I don't know for others but I'd rather take the poor dividends of today and then wait for the expected punishment on the bank's share price to load up more on UBA. There's is no doubt that in no long time the kind of massive appreciation that will follow the patient investor in UBA given the strength of its retained earnings will make up for the sorrows of today. Sometimes it pays handsomely to stoop to conquer with certain stocks. But then, what do I know? A lot of guys here are way smarter than many of us. cheesy grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MilikiAgent: 1:11pm On Mar 26, 2015
Dragonking:

no dividend
N6.00
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 1:11pm On Mar 26, 2015
Uncle Tony is using the N0.10k dividend as a distraction to the big fish ahead.

Just be observant.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2015
Primetech:
Market no good today ooo undecided

For u or for me?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 1:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
angelo82:
This is not the first time for their ridiculous dividend...........I think we need more regulation in the stockmarket.........I hope the price can hit 8naira anyhow in 8months so that I can exit this stock............

regulators would never ask the regulated to pay more dividend. instead, they'll stop them from paying dividends ala last CBN policy of dividend payment (which i believe is being played out here)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
DonDiego:
It's shocking how people can be so one-track minded with regard to this UBA result. How could anyone expecting to make money thru UBA only focus on the possible dividend exclusively. The type of price appreciation opportunities which UBA has granted smart investors since late last quarter at its prevailing price (plus and minus fluctuations) have been such that any smart investor would have made tons of money before the disappointment of today's results. I don't know for others but I'd rather take the poor dividends of today and then wait for the expected punishment on the bank's share price to load up more on UBA. There's is no doubt that in no long time the kind of massive appreciation that will follow the patient investor in UBA given the strength of its retained earnings will make up for the sorrows of today. Sometimes it pays handsome to stoop to conquer with certain stocks. But then, what do I know? A lot of guys here are way smarter than many of us. cheesy grin cheesy grin

we all agree that the corporate action is disappointing. However, i beg to differ that the whole result is disappointing. they made an improvement on last year albeit ~2.6% bottom line improvement
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 26, 2015
bigjay01:

we all agree that the corporate action is disappointing. However, i beg to differ that the whole result is disappointing. they made an improvement on last year albeit ~2.6% bottom line improvement

The result is good but the corporate action remains questionable. Sincerely enjoying this market. Post-election bull at large... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DonDiego(m): 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2015
bigjay01:

You are absolutely right. I should have written "...PERCEIVED disappointing results..." instead. Like I already indicated, discerning UBA investors and even prospective investors in the bank should know when their bread is being buttered. I await at the right junction with my machete. The prospect is too juicy to be missed. wink wink wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 1:53pm On Mar 26, 2015
myjoy08:

The result is good but the corporate action remains questionable. Sincerely enjoying this market. Post-election bull at large... grin
You are always in the Happy/Bullish Mood all the time so it's no news grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 1:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
DonDiego:

You are absolutely right. I should have written "...PERCEIVED disappointing results..." instead. Like I already indicated, discerning UBA investors and even prospective investors in the bank should know when their bread is being buttered. I await at the right junction with my machete. The prospect is too juicy to be missed. wink wink wink

cheers! I believe our thoughts are aligned. Let the price get beaten to ridiculous levels, I will load more.

been holding UBA since 1914
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 26, 2015
Aks:
You are always in the Happy/Bullish Mood all the time so it's no news grin grin

Life is very interesting and full of ups and downs sir. One just needs to keep taken one step at a time irrespective of what is happening around us. Sir, don't you see the opportunities abounding in the market so? Happiness is the key to a better life grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 2:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
BTW, why AIICO no wan tell us wetin dem talk for dia bod meeting wey happen since 11/3
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DonDiego(m): 2:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
bigjay01:

cheers! I believe our thoughts are aligned. Let the price get beaten to ridiculous levels, I will load more.

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:05pm On Mar 26, 2015
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 26, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 26, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DonDiego(m): 2:15pm On Mar 26, 2015
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 2:48pm On Mar 26, 2015
bigjay01:

291m+ exchanged hands today! maybe i'll be waiting a long time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MilikiAgent: 2:54pm On Mar 26, 2015
zendi:
I salute the positive mindset. You've found a way to report dumping as mopping. grin
Look at the volumes today Sir. In the last 200 trading sessions, UBA hasn't done up to half of todays volume on any day, not even when it dropped to 2.96. Ask your broker who the counterparty (buyer) was for almost all those trades.
The stock market is a psychological battleground.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 2:54pm On Mar 26, 2015
What in the world stopped UBA from losing 10% today even with the massive dumping recorded?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dcal001: 3:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
megainvest:
What in the world stopped UBA from losing 10% today even with the massive dumping recorded?

badt guys cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 3:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
Aks:
It won't go below N13, i can place a bet on this

Lets see what happens tomorrow then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (7805) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chillykelly86(m), unite4real, emmaodet, otokx(m), Zagee, reucom, Babynerd and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.