Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6955) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10852857 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6952) (6953) (6954) (6955) (6956) (6957) (6958) ... (7743) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IHelp: 3:46pm On Apr 28, 2023
UBA
WAPCO
FCMB
Received
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2023
IHelp:
UBA
WAPCO
FCMB
Received

Yes o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 3:52pm On Apr 28, 2023
Redoil:
how much did they declare as dividend
N2.80
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:00pm On Apr 28, 2023
beejay1:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/38388_VITAFOAM_NIG_PLC.-_QUARTER_2_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2023.pdf

31% decrease in 2023 Q2 EPS (compared to 2022 Q2 EPS)

Am guessing this could be a typo error or something.
It's actually an approx 13% drop in EPS and not 31%.
Compare the coys H1/6 months end to Mar 31, 2023 to its corresponding period in 2022.

The slight drop in EPS was expected in view of the coys inorganic growth and expansionary plan. wink cheesy cool
The concern in this instance should be on how efficient the coy was at fund/cash flow utilization. ...and on that I'd score them a 7 on a scale of 1-10.

I've always said that we should endeavor to look beyond a coys SCF and take a deeper dive into their SCF and BS.
A company's SCF tells the least 'story" as it relates to ACTUAL/TRUE performance.

VITAFOAM is still a buy at CMP.

CAVEAT: NOT an investment advice.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Does that mean the party is gradually coming to an end

Growth trajectory still intact!

Selah
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by beejay1(m): 4:14pm On Apr 28, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:18pm On Apr 28, 2023
onegentleguy:

Some persons will leave and maybe wish they can reenter. wink cheesy grin
People will exit the door... but more people will enter/come in!

Perhaps, there's an anaconda-money-bag snipping on all offers. wink cheesy cool
Maybe Mr TRANSCORP might visit that N3 arena or somewhere near it. ...just maybe!

CAVEAT: NOT to be interpreted as any sought of investment advice.

It is well

purleesh:
https://billionaires.africa/2023/04/28/nigerian-billionaire-femi-otedola-sells-his-transcorp-stake-to-tony-elumelu/

Confirmed?

Welcome to the NGX !! wink cheesy grin
A case of a man's wish, the devil and a long spoon.

Congratulations to those who sold at N3 and above!
Let's hope another round of opportunity will surface in no time. wink cheesy cool

It is well

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:21pm On Apr 28, 2023
Japaul

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by beejay1(m): 4:22pm On Apr 28, 2023
My bros, thanks for the analysis. So if you look at just Q2 2023 only and compare with Q2 2022, we have a 31% drop. Pls help verify for my learning.
For Half year 2023, yes we have a 13% drop in EPS (compared to half year 2022)
onegentleguy:

Am guessing this could be a typo error or something.
It's actually an approx 13% drop in EPS and not 31%.
Compare the coys H1/6 months end to Mar 31, 2023 to its corresponding period in 2022.

The slight drop in EPS was expected in view of the coys inorganic growth and expansionary plan. wink cheesy cool
Concern should be on how efficient the coy was at fund/cash flow utilization. ...and on that I'd score them a 7 on a scale of 1-10.

I've always said that we should always endeavor to look beyond a company's SCF and take a deeper dive into their SCF and BS.
A coy SCF tells the least 'story" as it relates to ACTUAL performance.

VITAFOAM is still a buy at CMP.

CAVEAT: NOT an investment advice.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 28, 2023
beejay1:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/38397_INTERNATIONAL_BREWERIES_PLC.-_QUARTER_1_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2023.pdf

I cant say this one....pls read for yourself...it is well

Triple loss
Everything ×3 loss.
Peter obi come and rescue your company oooo.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 28, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:
Japaul

My Japaul will see #1 before the year runs out.
With this result and the type of stock it is, I am comfortably waiting for positive response.

Mining sector is the next place Federal Govt is moving to.Tinubu has assured us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:28pm On Apr 28, 2023
onegentleguy:
So we added to our bag of INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES today.
...it's the 1st of a 5-batch structured entry trade set-up, so we've still got 4 more to go!

Only challenge is the tiny traded volume so far.
It appears some "handlers" have been engineering some crossing on the coys buy/sell trade book to suite ... wink cheesy cool
But hey, we love it!
I can never turn a blind eye to an opportunity to acquire a coy (like this) for a price equivalent to getting it for gratis... because some persons could not see the VALUE in it.
...for doing that would be tantamount to ignoring WAPCO @ N9, NEIMETH @ 38k, WEMA BANK @ 56k, UACN @ N4.5, PZ @ N4, NAHCO @ N3+, DS @ N11+, GUINNESS @ N15, UNILEVER @ N10+, TRANSCORP @ <90k, CHAMS @ 20k etc... when in a similar fashion, some folks could not infer any value in them and quite possibly avoided them like a plaque.

We hope to acquire more afolabi unit of INTERBREW as price drops.
TA shouldn't come and halt things for us pls. It has to drop oo!
We shall keep buying and where necessary, adjust our entry trade set-up to accommodate much more unit until price drops to maybe 20k. wink cheesy grin

And then we would allow Mr TIME to take care of matters.
It is well.

beejay1:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/38397_INTERNATIONAL_BREWERIES_PLC.-_QUARTER_1_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2023.pdf

I cant say this one....pls read for yourself...it is well

Have you taken some time to digest the key lines in the report?
Based on clear cut forecast, everything was totally expected.
For instance, the CBN policy on currency redesign and cash restriction impacted the CCC, JPBG and CGPR of coys in that sector.

I hope you saw the FPs from NB and GUINESS?
A quick glance and I can see that INTERBREW even did better on certain key VPDs that are of interest to me. wink cheesy cool

Pls sell your holding naw.
To all those looking at this report but who can't see value, PLS, bring out your holding and offload beginning Tuesday.
Pls SELL OFF your stakes, and I mean it!
As I said before; everyone must not be in that coy.

We still have an unfinished business with INTERBREW. (see post above)

Selah

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by beejay1(m): 4:38pm On Apr 28, 2023
I need to have a session with you to, to be tutored on what you are seeing.
I dont hold shares in this company, but I do want the company to succeed based on their expansion plans
onegentleguy:

Have you taken some time to digest the key lines in the report?
Based on clear cut forecast, everything was totally expected.

I hope you saw the FPs from NB and GUINESS?
A quick glance and I can see that INTERBREW even did better on certain key VPDs that are of interest to me. wink cheesy cool

Pls sell your holding naw.
To all those looking at this report but who can't see value, PLS, bring out your holding and offload beginning Tuesday.
Pls SELL OFF your stakes, and I mean it!
As I said before; everyone must not be in that coy.

We still have an unfinished business with INTERBREW. (see post above)

Selah
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2023
yMcy56:

TBH, I don't think he has violated any rule as far as I'm concerned.

You picked a stock, you're no longer comfortable holding, one big man approached you to back down and give you a good offer for your stakes, you accepted, cash in your profit and move on.....

SEC also confirmed no rule has been violated.
It's not his fault that people rode on his name to acquire Transcorp nah. Na jejely he go do biz there.

People will always burn their fingers if they're not smart and they are following FO up and down

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:43pm On Apr 28, 2023
beejay1:
My bros, thanks for the analysis. So if you look at just Q2 2023 only and compare with Q2 2022, we have a 31% drop. Pls help verify for my learning.
For Half year 2023, yes we have a 13% drop in EPS (compared to half year 2022)

True.

But where there is a drawback in earnings projection, the combined trailing period is used to measure or guage growth trajectory in earnings delivery and not an isolated period.
Then again, there are also other key VPDs that one needs to investigate to ascertain if the isolated drawback could possibly create a deviation in growth trajectory.
I can say that this isn't the case with VITAFOAM at present.
Do a broad EPA analysis and you'll see why.

That part in italics is why a coy can experience a material drop in earnings within a quarter and still deliver an appreciable growth in earnings within a given FY.
The key is to question why. ...what occasioned the drop?... what lead to what?
Question everything bro!

With that report, if the price of VITAFOAM should ever drop, then it can only create an even more beautiful opportunity. wink cheesy cool

It is well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:19pm On Apr 28, 2023
onegentleguy:

Relax my dear. ...there's absolutely no cause for alarm. wink cheesy cool
What if I tell you that GT did slightly better than ZENITH on more VPD in view of their YE, 2022 Nos?
What if I tell you that GT currently "carry a bit more value with it" than ZENITH? (MoS/RRM from FVE)

Both coys are ok, but I have a slight preference for one ahead of the other.

Again, PAT does not always tell the whole story.
Look beyond the SPL and consider deeply their SCF and BS position.

I currently do not hold any of the 2 at the moment but if I were to consider an entry, it would be a 60-40% fund allocation (portfolio weighting in view) in favor of GTB. (ahead of ZENITH)
...of course, using an appropriate trade set-up.

As with ZENITH, the match in div pay from previous year (for GT) might be management's deliberate strategy to calm any expected sell off that may have otherwise built-in from the drop in NPM.
Could also be a way of telling us that the banks growth trajectory could be sustained in 2023.
(Q1, 2023 Nos will give us a clue though)

No thanks to the many structural deficiencies in the system, these banks appear to have built themselves in a manner that gives them the needed shock absorber to take in these sought of loses. (impairments in view)

On the share price, I think that dividend hunters (div growth investors) might want to hold... perhaps until post ex-dividend.
I expect a drop in price thereafter. wink cheesy grin
Again, I think Q1 and possibly H1, 2023 Nos will to a large extent determine the share price movement.

We'll see how the market reacts to this.

As expected, GT delivered real good!
If they maintain this tempo to H1, 2023 then... wink cheesy grin

Elsewhere, WEMA doing its thing.
In the INSURANCE space, REGAL INS and SUNU did so well.
I just wonder why... wink cheesy cool
Anyway, I trust that Mr Time will do its thing in no distant time.

It is well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 5:58pm On Apr 28, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:59pm On Apr 28, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

grin grin

...that capitalist mentality. wink cheesy grin

It is well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by beejay1(m): 6:35pm On Apr 28, 2023
Yea..I knew their was a bit of bad blood somewhere between them, despite the interview Mr. Tony give (on Arise) saying he was glad Mr. Femi was investing in his company. Lesson for me is to not get caught up in the middle when billionaires are fighting.... angry
onegentleguy:
https://twitter.com/RealOlaudah/status/1651959369884377088

What transpired.
...it's alright! wink cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by beejay1(m): 6:37pm On Apr 28, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 6:42pm On Apr 28, 2023
This is what volatility looks like. Somebody was confusing it earlier.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 7:09pm On Apr 28, 2023
There must be a part 2 in this transcorp movie.mike adenugu will be the actor this time.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2023
Zagee:

No, volatility is more like how much the stock price varies over a period of time. You should not confuse it with range.

In ur example, I can see that the stock ranged between 50ish and 164, which is a lot more than our -10% to 10%.

Two stocks can have this same range, but if assuming one of them follows a straight line from 50 to 164 and the other does a lot of bouncing around before closing at 164 the later will be considered more volatile.

We can measure volatility with standard deviation or ATR in TA.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 7:25pm On Apr 28, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:27pm On Apr 28, 2023
Zagee:

But there is a VIX index that measures volatility. No need cracking brain

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 7:29pm On Apr 28, 2023
FCMB landed like over 2hours ago. I love dividend season walahi cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dave2011: 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2023
I haven't seen my UBA dividend yet, anybody in my shoe?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 7:56pm On Apr 28, 2023
onegentleguy:

...that capitalist mentality. wink cheesy grin

It is well

We, are all capitalist.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toyeoye(m): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2023
locodemy:

My Japaul will see #1 before the year runs out.
With this result and the type of stock it is, I am comfortably waiting for positive response.

Mining sector is the next place Federal Govt is moving to.Tinubu has assured us.

Your Japaul!!! Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 8:18pm On Apr 28, 2023
Dave2011:
I haven't seen my UBA dividend yet, anybody in my shoe?

Same here, i use GTBANK
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 28, 2023
naturalflow:
There must be a part 2 in this transcorp movie.mike adenugu will be the actor this time.

Search for oracle's post yesterday and see where Mike Adenuga will take you and part 2 to?Intersting times ahead......

(1) (2) (3) ... (6952) (6953) (6954) (6955) (6956) (6957) (6958) ... (7743) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: rebekah2011(m), Streetinvestor2, Agbalowomeri, Ginalex(f), tayejay(m), Heishere, TsarZed, ggoldmine, jideflash(m), stronglink, ernie4life(m), Boshins and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.