Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6956) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10851977 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6953) (6954) (6955) (6956) (6957) (6958) (6959) ... (7743) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dave2011: 8:31pm On Apr 28, 2023
Justcul:

Same here, i use GTBANK

I use First Bank!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bbbwings: 8:50pm On Apr 28, 2023
Wapco landed.
Now we wait for zenith.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 8:53pm On Apr 28, 2023
Dave2011:

I use First Bank!

Received few minutes ago

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 9:06pm On Apr 28, 2023
locodemy:

Search for oracle's post yesterday and see where Mike Adenuga will take you and part 2 to?Intersting times ahead......
even if there is war,transcorp cannot get to that level.oracles might want to consult the gods again!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 9:43pm On Apr 28, 2023
yMcy56:

Last qualification date is May 1st 2023

-Followed by ACCESS and WEMA: 9th May, 2023.......Access N1.30k, WEMA 0.30k
- NAHCO: 12th May, 2023.......N1.20k
- M&B: 16th May, 2023........0.30k
Etc.

** Note: Since May 1 is public holiday, then today is the last day.

Thanks mcy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ajibade123(m): 11:46pm On Apr 28, 2023
yMcy56:

Buy some and keep...
There was huge transaction as well as huge amount staked on it yesterday......over N12billion in transactions on ACCESS.

Maybe an investor is coming in or the owner is also increasing his stakes, we don't know yet.
If nothing happens after the huge crossings, at least you'll collect dividend.
Alright
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 29, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 29, 2023
Chams where is thy result?
This period of cash crunch and digital financial solutions is suppose to favour you in results.

Show your face this weekend or face your punishment on Tuesday
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:30am On Apr 29, 2023
Talking about control, Oando shareholders lost money in the last 10 years yet Wale's salary almost tripled. His networth also increased. We can see how he used all his resources and connection to fight Mangal

A number of Access Bank branches were closed down. Some of those branches were from the defunct Intercontinental bank. A number of those branches were domiciled in properties owned by the CEO of the defunct Intercontinental bank thereby making hundreds of million or billions of Naira as rental income.

At times, the company that supplies diesel to all the branches is owned by the CEOs wives or side chicks, the company that supplies contract staff nko. For every N1 billion spent on salaries of contract staff, the CEO or his cronies earn N300 million or thereabout..

Transcorp is Tony's tenant at Ikoyi unless that has changed, if he loses control Transcorp might move to another property. Only God knows what Transcorp pays as annual rent

Reason why people are ready to pay crazy money in order to maintain their control. Control gives the highest value and return on investment .

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 9:58am On Apr 29, 2023
Got mine last night.
Dave2011:
I haven't seen my UBA dividend yet, anybody in my shoe?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 10:11am On Apr 29, 2023
Please what is the qualification date for Fidelity. And it's payment date?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ajibade123(m): 10:49am On Apr 29, 2023
yMcy56:

Last qualification date is May 1st 2023

-Followed by ACCESS and WEMA: 9th May, 2023.......Access N1.30k, WEMA 0.30k
- NAHCO: 12th May, 2023.......N1.20k
- M&B: 16th May, 2023........0.30k
Etc.

** Note: Since May 1 is public holiday, then today is the last day.
So if I buy Accesscorp on Monday or Tuesday I will be qualified for the 1.3k dividend?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 10:58am On Apr 29, 2023
Still on this transcorp matter.

"It is said that the deal with FO is not a one-time-payment, but structured over time"

"It is an option trade"

OPTION TRADE: meaning Transcorp is expected at 12 at some point in time T.

These are the stuff that got my attention in some routers I stumbled upon online.

Going by this, we can then ask, when is TOE going to actualize this value for shareholders?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:12am On Apr 29, 2023
Zagee:
OPTION TRADE: meaning Transcorp is expected at 12 at some point in time T.

Going by this, we can then ask, when is TOE going to actualize this value for shareholders?
Tony did not pay N12 to Otedola!
Those reports were false.
The amount negotiated per share is N3.12k.......reason the share price did marabout at circa 3.12 at some point and started falling......

One of the reasons I put question mark in my related post too.......that how could he have paid that huge sum for shares acquired by Otedola at N1.35??

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:13am On Apr 29, 2023
yMcy56:

Tony did not pay N12 to Otedola! Those reports were false.
The amount negotiated per share is N3.12k.......reason the share price did marabout at circa 3.12 at some point and started falling......

Where did you get your own fact Lol Everybody just speculating ni
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 11:16am On Apr 29, 2023
Any news from the Elephant?
Has FBNH come out with their results and dividends?
It's missing from my dividend calendar.
Next up Zenith n APR on 2nd may, GTCo on 11th, and Access on 27th.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 11:20am On Apr 29, 2023
Discussion on transcorp at this time is like waste of time / misplaced priority to me.

Among the results released since yesterday who can tell which is the best?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:22am On Apr 29, 2023
Agbalowomeri:
Where did you get your own fact Lol Everybody just speculating ni
Here's the latest news....

https://nairametrics.com/2023/04/28/transcorp-deal-official-transaction-details-released/

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:25am On Apr 29, 2023
Ajibade123:
So if I buy Accesscorp on Monday or Tuesday I will be qualified for the 1.3k dividend?
Yes, you'll be qualified
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 11:57am On Apr 29, 2023
yMcy56:

Tony did not pay N12 to Otedola!
Those reports were false.

One of the reasons I put question mark in my related post too.......that how could he have paid that huge sum for shares acquired by Otedola at N1.35??

I was wondering where the N12 news came from. Perhaps someone saw 3.12 and the eyes fixated on the .12 and the N12 began to spread.

How stupid will that be for Tony to pay about 800% to acquire the shares from Ote$.

If such a thing should happen, I bet the regulators and EFCC will have to get involved in the investigation immediately.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 12:03pm On Apr 29, 2023
I noticed thr was no 10% withholding tax on wapco div .Is thr mistake on my payment
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:05pm On Apr 29, 2023
yMcy56:

Here's the latest news....

https://nairametrics.com/2023/04/28/transcorp-deal-official-transaction-details-released/

Lol you didn't see "official"
They won't quote an unofficial price for the deal na.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2023
unite4real:

I was wondering where the N12 news came from. Perhaps someone saw 3.12 and the eyes fixated on the .12 and the N12 began to spread.

How stupid will that be for Tony to pay about 800% to acquire the shares from Ote$.

If such a thing should happen, I bet the regulators and EFCC will have to get involved in the investigation immediately.
what if the negotiation was done @#12, but made official rate @#3.12....just thinking deeper.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cation(m): 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
I noticed thr was no 10% withholding tax on wapco div .Is thr mistake on my payment
. It was paid from pioneer profit
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 12:09pm On Apr 29, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Lol you didn't see "official"
They won't quote an unofficial price for the deal na.
just what I was thinking....oil dey your head
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
Princkez:
what if the negotiation was done @#12, but made official rate @#3.12....just thinking deeper.

That's exactly what would have happened. 3.12 is dam too cheap to buyout a hostile takeover bid
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dave2011: 12:14pm On Apr 29, 2023
jideflash:
Got mine last night.

I haven't seen mine up till this moment, quite sad!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 12:16pm On Apr 29, 2023
Dave2011:

I haven't seen mine up till this moment, quite sad!
Maybe you have to check with the registrar on Tuesday if you the situation is still the same
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Laso09: 1:28pm On Apr 29, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

That's exactly what would have happened. 3.12 is dam too cheap to buyout a hostile takeover bid

You actually believe Tony would pay otedola N12 per share for transcorp?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2023
Laso09:

You actually believe Tony would pay otedola N12 per share for transcorp?

That's a cheap price to pay to retain control. Na UBA go carry the burden

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 1:37pm On Apr 29, 2023
Streetinvestor2:

It's not a mistake. It happens sometimes and the conditions among others are:

1. When a dividend is paid out of the company's retained earnings
2. or paid out of profit exempted from tax.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2023
Agbalowomeri:
You didn't read the part where the billionaire friends had to intervene before Otedola could back down?

Otedola was persuaded by the other friends in the likes of Aliko Dangote and others before he accepted to release the shares back to Tony at that said amount.....3.12. (well d real amt ma be higher sha, we don't know about that).

The question is: Why did Tony had to wait till it gets that "ugly" before waking up?

AMCON has placed its holding for sale since 2022 with no one showing interest to buy until Otedola bought it, having seen a good opportunity and value in it.
I cannot for any reason blame Otedola. He's a business man who saw profitable biz and keyed into it.

Tony needs to be serious with his business; sit up and take care of it as well as take care of the shareholders as well.
While AMCON wanted to sell, he could have negotiated it cheaper and buy, even @N1 self.

Someone still needs to teach him another sit-up lesson on UBA as well...... tongue

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6953) (6954) (6955) (6956) (6957) (6958) (6959) ... (7743) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: IamR and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.