Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7054) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10881465 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7051) (7052) (7053) (7054) (7055) (7056) (7057) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Olaide1295: 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2023
ekkywolex:
The Investment one app is awesome. I have ditched Meristem already

Ok. I just used Emmasofts referral code to open an investment one account.
I guess the registration takes some time as I have not gotten an account opening mail.
Time to ditch meristem (they have not paid me my last Zenith bank dividend sef)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 1:11pm On Jun 16, 2023
ekkywolex:

I tried Investment One but NIN was a requirement, and I don't have one.
Does anyone know any brokerage that does not require NIN?

This help will be greatly appreciated 🙏🏽
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yeddy99: 1:19pm On Jun 16, 2023
Olaide1295:

I guess the registration takes some time as I have not gotten an account opening mail.
It is not the responsibility of your broker to pay your dividends.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Olaide1295: 1:24pm On Jun 16, 2023
yeddy99:

It is not the responsibility of your broker to pay your dividends.
Fair point. I take them as my window to the capital market.
They are not the ones to pay, but they can put systems in place to facilitate payment (Trove does this). It's a service they are rendering, superior services will win the market share.
It is frustrating to have to send email every time for each stock in one's portfolio.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CircleOfWilis: 1:25pm On Jun 16, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

Cardinal has their own mobile app.

Yoocha is secondary platform
okay Sir
Thank u
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IHelp: 1:39pm On Jun 16, 2023
janga:

which apps name is that, did u mean Ziing? still trading via their web

Not Ziing.
Name is Investment One.
It was launched on playstore this year and was last updated this month.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 1:45pm On Jun 16, 2023
Olaide1295:

They are not the ones to pay, but they can put systems in place to facilitate payment (Trove does this). It's a service they are rendering, superior services will win the market share.
It is frustrating to have to send email every time for each stock in one's portfolio.

I think it is time for SEC/CSCS to wake up from it's slumber to tackle the issues of unpaid dividend if there is a sincerity of purpose.
1. They need to jettison the idea of paper e-dividend forms. It was innovative when it was adopted a couple of years ago.
2. They should move to electronic portal that all Registrars should mandatorily plug into and investors should supply their details on the portal for the processing of current and any unclaimed dividend.
3. There should be a regular KYC update like every 2 years.

Some individual Registrars like Coronation and CardinalStone already provide this service. However this should not be left at the discretion of Registrars.

This is the way to go except the regulators is in connivance with the erring Registrars.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 1:45pm On Jun 16, 2023
Olaide1295:

Interesting, never had any major issue with them
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 1:46pm On Jun 16, 2023
Harvestock01:

I think it is time for SEC/CSCS to wake up from it's slumber to tackle the issues of unpaid dividend if there is a sincerity of purpose.
1. They need to jettison the idea of paper ex-dividend forms. It was innovative when it was adopted a couple of years ago.
2. They should move to electronic portal that all Registrars should mandatorily plug into and investors should supply their details on the portal for the processing of current and any unclaimed dividend.

Some individual Registrars like Coronation and CardinalStone already provide this service. However this should not be left at the discretion of Registrars.

This is the way to go except the regulators is in connivance with the erring Registrars.

I am against No 3

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 1:47pm On Jun 16, 2023
Olaide1295:

if you don't want any complain on trading, you better go and open account at morgan capital.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2023
Harvestock01:

1. They need to jettison the idea of paper e-dividend forms. It was innovative when it was adopted a couple of years ago.

I agree. However, we should get to the stage where dividends are paid automatically, not having do any electronic or manual request, just like foreign climes do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 2:09pm On Jun 16, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

I agree. However, we should get to the stage where dividends are paid automatically, not having do any electronic or manual request, just like foreign climes do.

That should be the ultimate.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2023
ekkywolex:

Just not a fan of multiple broker but I hope they won't get me to that point. Today I tried the app issued a sell for 20kunits of GTCO, click confirm no show, checked pending orders not loading, went back to do it again. Next I received was 20k units order executed twice!
Very nonsensical app
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

I actually thought we were there already until I was told I need to fill some forms to get my GTCO dividends... It's 3 weeks now in the process and still counting
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2023
Mpeace:
Yesterday's bear was more than profit taking. They might have deliberately lowered the pricebfor some people to enter.
You may be right....
The volumes are much today again...
Over N1B in Zenith alone......these can't be retailers..
We'll see how coming trading days will go...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
Boshins:
I'm yet to understand the mystery force behind unity Bank.. undecided

The bank did reconstruction some years ago which reduced their total outstanding shares to round 11 billion. That activity then catapulted it's share price to N5. I think, the bank has the smallest outstanding shares amongst the Nigerian banks.

However, their bad performance still brought the bank's share price back to Kobo level, which it was before the reconstruction.

In fact, ... all things being equal that bank shouldn't be selling below N5

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:11pm On Jun 16, 2023
YoungBuffet:
Opportunity to buy more of Fugaz comes again and for those looking for Total opportunity to buy again

I get the feeling that you're having plenty of fun seeing how most of your recent posts appears to describe one who lives in cloud cuckoo land and largely deviated from reality.

I like the way you seem to have built a pie in the sky representing what is clearly a broadly bullish market trend as a bearish and manipulated one.
I once told someone that those who try to fight the trend (whether positive or negative) never win against the mkt. ...it's either they're crushed, often lamentably, or they get left behind.

The mkt is on a positive part, and that, for good reason.
Unlike in previous seasons, there's a reason the rise has been a bit selective/seemingly rotational and not spread across all coys (mkt wide sentiment) at a go.
So I'd like to think it will not be a straight line push up, but yes a period of HLs and HHs as certain assets reprise to reflect their intrinsic valuations is feasible in the near term.

We can not "fight" the mkt! ...we can only seek to "play along with it" having in place a workable strategy that's unique to our investing personality and target objectives.

But it's always nice to see folks like you who put out cautionary statements time and again so mkt players can limit their expectations and not drop their guard as it relates to investment planning, particularly in an uptrend like the one we have now.
That said, when you repeatedly do the same thing for so long, you create a justifiably moral ground for others to question your motive/intent irrespective of whether they might be true.

You've done really well dishing out statements of caution so folks can weigh things in perspective in their investment decision making.
I personally welcome and respect that and quite frankly, am being very honest!
But if I were you, I'd take a well deserved break now. ...'cause i'll be worried that some persons might already think i've got a foot-in-mouth disease.
Again, you have done noble but i'll advise you take a break.
...you deserve it!

By the way the phrase; "concept of neutrality" as used in one of my Nuggets below relates with "trend following".
With the financial mkt, it's always best to "live in the present" and where necessary, seek to take advantage of what the future holds.

It is well

"One of the finest similarity between a bull and a bear market is that both OVERCONFIDENCE and UNDERCONFIDENCE can be punishable offences.
...'the jury' tends to vindicate those who understand 'the concept of neutrality' where necessary and are swift enough to act on it!"

~Sinclair

"I know of a man who was 'drowned in the vicissitudes of the stock market'. ...his pathways was built around the PAST than the FUTURE, until the PRESENT left him behind!"
~Sinclair

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 3:13pm On Jun 16, 2023
Too many post to read from, but I can't keep up with them all for want of time.

Kudos to all those who strive to keep the platform alive with meaningful input/contributions.
...great job you all are doing!

And thanks to all those who reached out while I was away. ...I do appreciate all the show of love and will try to revert to all pending mails and messages as soon as I can.

Really trying times, but it is well.

Selah

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MeezPat(f): 3:21pm On Jun 16, 2023
Please how does one see the total vol of a particular stock bought and sold real time daily
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 3:42pm On Jun 16, 2023
MeezPat:
Please how does one see the total vol of a particular stock bought and sold real time daily

Total volume traded you mean. There is no difference between total bought and sold.

Which trading platform do you use.

Although Morgan capital can show you real-time
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 4:51pm On Jun 16, 2023
Interim is not my guy, but if this can give some +ve ripple effect to the stock market, 2023 is looking good...

https://nairametrics.com/2023/06/16/president-tinubus-advisory-council-recommends-guidelines-to-strengthen-the-capital-market/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tajuowo(m): 5:33pm On Jun 16, 2023
another reason i can't ask my worst enemy to buy certain companies. ex japaul silver or metal. i see such as gambling mmm or ponzi

emmanuelewumi:

Few years ago, a company called Afroil that should be valued at N50 million was valued N1 billion by the market when the share price moved from 50k to about N10.

That was a company that owed rent of 400k per annum for 3 years.

When insiders who craved control start selling their shares, believing they could make more money trading their company's shares than managing the company, you should know that is the height of monkey hunting.

Insiders sold their shares made more than N600 million from a business that could barely make a profit after tax of N4 million and moved on.

People who thought they were smart lost more than 90% of their Investment and have an illiquid stock that could not make profits for the past 16 years

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Topson88: 6:58pm On Jun 16, 2023
Nice chart

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 7:01pm On Jun 16, 2023
People don dey chop dividend now without informing others? grin grin
JBERBER dividend landed today oh!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:02pm On Jun 16, 2023
9free:
People don dey chop dividend now without informing others? grin grin
JBERBER dividend landed today oh!

Seplat also paid interim dividend today, it was a pleasant surprise

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 9:31pm On Jun 16, 2023
onegentleguy:

I get the feeling that you're having plenty of fun seeing how most of your recent posts appears to describe one who lives in cloud cuckoo land and largely deviated from reality.

I like the way you seem to have built a pie in the sky representing what is broadly a clearly bullish market trend as a bearish and manipulated one.
I once told someone that those who try to fight the trend (whether positive or negative) never win against the mkt. ...it's either they're crushed, often lamentably, or they get left behind.

The mkt is on a positive part, and that, for good reason.
Unlike in previous seasons, there's a reason the rise has been a bit selective/seemingly rotational and not spread across all coys (mkt wide sentiment) at a go.
So I'd like to think it will not be a straight line push up, but yes a period of HLs and HHs as certain assets reprise to reflect their intrinsic valuations is feasible in the near term.

We can not "fight" the mkt! ...we can only seek to "play along with it" having in place a workable strategy that's unique to our investing personality and target objectives.

But it's always nice to see folks like you who put out cautionary statements time and again so mkt players can limit their expectations and not drop their guard as it relates to investment planning, particularly in an uptrend like the one we have now.
That said, when you repeatedly do the same thing for so long, you create a justifiably moral ground for others to question your motive/intent irrespective of whether they might be true.

You've done really well dishing out statements of caution so folks can weigh things in perspective in their investment decision making.
I personally welcome and respect that and quite frankly, am being very honest!
But if I were you, I'd take a well deserved break now. ...'cause i'll be worried that some persons might already think i've got a foot-in-mouth disease.
Again, you have done noble but i'll advise you take a break.
...you deserve it!

By the way the phrase; "concept of neutrality" as used in one of my Nuggets below relates with "trend following".
With the financial mkt, it's always best to "live in the present" and where necessary, seek to take advantage of what the future holds.

It is well

"One of the finest similarity between a bull and a bear market is that both OVERCONFIDENCE and UNDERCONFIDENCE can be punishable offences.
...'the jury' tends to vindicate those who understand 'the concept of neutrality' where necessary and are swift enough to act on it!"

~Sinclair

"I know of a man who was 'drowned in the vicissitudes of the stock market'. ...his pathways was built around the PAST than the FUTURE, until the PRESENT left him behind!"
~Sinclair
Oga let me be this is a SM and everyone is entitled to their opinions, I have NEVER attacked anyone on anything they posted and I will not. As you write your epistles and your motivational talks I have NEVER attacked or pick on you. So keep writing your analysis and let me be. U or anyone can call me any name or insult me I don't care. This is a faceless forum so I care not. Many that receives motivational talks will average down tire till smart guys on NSE get to their entry level then repeat the process again. Anyone can call me anything I YOUNGBUFFET CARE NOT. Why can't you guys always write epistles to your followers cautioning then not to buy at high prices as you tell them the positive side of stocks? Nothing in this life is certain, Cadbury was high in those days till the MD cooked the FS statements and stock came down to N8 from around N70 if not that Cadbury international came in the company would have gone under water. If another CBN governor takes over tomorrow and decided to go deep into the doings of banks and for instance access or zenith have padded things and was discovered. Do u think those that bought at N35+ will be happy if it gets to N10 with their discovery? Let me be! Sela!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 9:37pm On Jun 16, 2023
BullBearMkt:

...you should have used Bull-flag to enter wink
grin grin grin grin grin

Had to go read about that. Didn't know about it before now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FoolishBoy419: 10:05pm On Jun 16, 2023
Princefame1:
My Ogas, which App do you use for buy stocks? I am a newbie and I want to start investing.

I am also interested in being directed to resources I can read or listen to that will improve my economy and investment knowledge.

Thank you.

Whatever you do, please stay away from Trove. They refused to buy some stocks for me for over 8 trading days and I have made a withdrawal request since yesterday morning without receiving my funds. I think they used to be good but they have become something else now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 10:07pm On Jun 16, 2023
YoungBuffet:

Oga let me be this is a SM and everyone is entitled to their opinions, I have NEVER attacked anyone on anything they posted and I will not. As you write your epistles and your motivational talks I have NEVER attacked or pick on you. So keep writing your analysis and let me be. U or anyone can call me any name or insult me I don't care. This is a faceless forum so I care not. Many that receives motivational talks will average down tire till smart guys on NSE get to their entry level then repeat the process again. Anyone can call me anything I YOUNGBUFFET CARE NOT. Why can't you guys always write epistles to your followers cautioning then not to buy at high prices as you tell them the positive side of stocks? Nothing in this life is certain, Cadbury was high in those days till the MD cooked the FS statements and stock came down to N8 from around N70 if not that Cadbury international came in the company would have gone under water. If another CBN governor takes over tomorrow and decided to go deep into the doings of banks and for instance access or zenith have padded things and was discovered. Do u think those that bought at N35+ will be happy if it gets to N10 with their discovery? Let me be! Sela!

Bro, can you please enlighten us about the padding going on with Zenith? Abi no be the same statements everyone already looked at? Maybe you’re seeing something we are all missing? Point us in the right direction

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 10:12pm On Jun 16, 2023
A reduction in pms or white product consumption will translate to lower profits for the downstream business. I don't see how that is good for the market players in terms of their revenue but time will tell.
https:///fRxhpVMzzv
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2023
Princefame1:
My Ogas, which App do you use for buy stocks? I am a newbie and I want to start investing.

I am also interested in being directed to resources I can read or listen to that will improve my economy and investment knowledge.

Thank you.

As a newbie, I will advise you not to jump because of what you see currently in the market. Take time to read and seek knowledge, since you are already here it's a good way to start reading. read, read! read o. Stock investment is a marathon, not a sprint.

Part of the knowledge and how to equip yourself is to open a stockbroking account from a regulated firm and you can now link the acctount with their app or web portal to do your trading.

Some folks here always have one or two issues because they always go to apps before actually going through the traditional cscs account opening.

You can click the third link on my signature to open a stockbroking account with Investment One Stockbrokers Ltd
You will also have the opportunity to be tutored on how to navigate the NGX.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ololufemi: 5:42am On Jun 17, 2023
Harvestock01:

I suggest that dividends not paid into the client's bank account should be credited into the client's stockbroking account balance through which he bought the shares, pending when the client is able to access these funds via his stockbroking house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7051) (7052) (7053) (7054) (7055) (7056) (7057) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.