Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,764 members, 7,831,454 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7057) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10954173 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7054) (7055) (7056) (7057) (7058) (7059) (7060) ... (7778) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:41pm On Jun 17, 2023
Mankindman:
Just returning from an ethnocentric ban by a headless, wicked, heartless Nairaland moderator in charge of politics section where I'm a PRO-BATIST.
The sentiment in favour of ๐Ÿค UNITYBNK is being dictated by the common aphorism in stock trading and investing "If the preferable stock with good fundamental is not available, then the available becomes the preferable"
True to this, Nigeria listed companies follow this trend in >75% of cases. A rise in share price of GTCO vs Zenith, chase, rival and drag each other.
ACCESS vs UBA
Fidelity vs FCMB
PZ vs Unilever vs Cadbury
Bua cement vs Wapco
Conoil vs MRS, dragging ETERNA along coz of news on deregulation.
Mansard vs NEM vs CUSTODIAN
Aiico vs Wapic vs other insurance comp.
Guiness vs NB ...in those days, make NB the preferable at index price of N43.9 compared with the former at N77.7, and dz also hold a strong sentiment for International Breweries coz they compete in the same open market and would imminently drag INTBREW in the foreseeable weeks.
Wema vs Sterling are now pair, and the 2 institutions are expected to chase and catch up with each other in the foreseeable future.

Unity vs JAIZBANK....The former is now chasing the latter. Buying unity is purely a sentimental analysis.
People buying UNITYBNK are not doing so coz they believe in sudden turn around of this financial service provider, despite the recent improvement in the company financial reports, rather, the viral news of Tinubull is drawing people near and far to the market.
New entrants tend not to understand TA and FA before investing, while traders that are well positioned (I meant those that bought at sub N0.50k in 2022(October to December) myself inclusive are now using the TINUBULL to cash out and reinvest in dividend paying, and fundamentally sound stocks. This trend will continue until the ongoing and volatile TINUBULL attain an equilibrium.
"Equilibrium is the state in which market supply and demand balance each other, and as a result prices become stable. Generally, an over-supply of goods or services causes prices to go down, which results in higher demandโ€”while an under-supply or shortage causes prices to go up resulting in less demand."
Same investors sentiment is promoting International Breweries, many analysts (both local and international recommend buy) one can follow this if you consider INTBREW as a growth stock that should be in your retirement (pension) portfolio.
At equilibrium, the Euphoria of TINUBULL effect on the capital market and Naira floating would have settled down, and the volatile nature of the Market continues.
Otherwise, investing in UNITYBNK with deficit shareholders fund is a personal choice. There is no pointer that this bank will pay any dividend in the next 4 years except a new investor/s buy the bank and delist it outrightly like the defunct Diamond Bank, then minority shareholders stand to benefit.
Investor sentiments and herds mentality can drive a dead stock to life during a bear or bull.
In sentimental analysis, good news and bad news exert their effects on the market.
Shares outstanding, cash inflows, current liabilities, income, operating deficit or surplus, cash balance , cost of income, share holders fund, PE value and fair value estimate are relegated to secondary indices when sentiment prevails at it's peak. Investors just react to the news, the herds follow.
People should have noticed the sudden activities in Tantalizer, DEAPCAP, and TIP that have been dormant for months.
Only investment naive individuals will venture into these dead stocks.
Still, it is their choice. Perhaps, they are ready to wait for years for the companies to turn around.

To those that commented my post on Total Energies. I wanted to reply earlier, but was banned coz I stand on PBAT mandate.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/totalenergies-announces-ntokon-oil-gas-discovery-off-nigeria-2023-06-13/

I only shared the good news for Nigerians, never to convince NGX listed Total Energies downstream equity holders. I know fully well that Total energy exploration & production, and Conoil producing are not listed on NSE....pls take note.
I'm a value investor with sound investment objective of growing my portfolio.
I outperformed all the members of FMAN and their overhyped portfolios(funds manager association of Nigeria). No fund manager beats my portfolio. I do not need to beat my chest coz I know that Jehovah has been so kind to me.
My portfolio is a thing of joy 2me, I can't explain how I defeated Nigeria inflation and Buhari 8 years of relative stagnancy in the capital market . I knew the economy was heading for a doom if the Naira was not floated, hence the last 4 years of Buhari administration offered me buying opportunity in fundamentally sound dividend paying companies.
On paper, We have all lost money ๐Ÿ’ฐ if you divide your portfolio by N465 to a dollar b4 floating and by N680 after floating. however, this is paper loss. Million Naira is still difficult for hard working Nigerians.
The TINUBULL run alone added over N22M profit to my portfolio in 2 weeks as at the last business day of theweek. It is childlish sharing such screenshot. Some will feel intimidated.
One of the op even mentioned that I crawl from the bush. lol
Well, I have been following this thread as a guest since 2015.
I hope to share my experience on how I grew my inflation beating portfolio on an external thread one of this days, albeit as an anonymous.
The essence is not to take such experience to the grave, often mentioned that the richest place in Africa is the graveyard.
Compatriots should share true investment story on this platform in order to encourage others.
Kudos to all compatriots (both new and old)
Stockbull....pls come back
Feelamong....come back
Chibuking......come back
Agbalowomeri....be more active
Pa-emmanuel...be more active
RabbiDoracle...be more active
Yarinya.....come back
Onegentleman ..due respect
Peterichy, The Octopus...be more active.
Dipoolowoo...I miss the investment news link you usually share. Nowadays, I have to visit business post without observing your presence. Hope you haven't JAPA?
https://businesspost.ng/category/general/?amp=1#
So many compatriots that I can't remember their monikers. I extend greeting to you all.
You may not see my post often on this thread, but will share ideas that can benefit new investors once in a while if I don't get banned ๐Ÿ˜‰ by the wicked Nairaland moderators.

IGBA YI A TU WA LARA OOOO.

You spoke well.

I used to make big money from wema, jaiz and unitybnk during bull run

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2023
Mankindman:

You may not see my post often on this thread, but will share ideas that can benefit new investors once in a while if I don't get banned ๐Ÿ˜‰ by the wicked Nairaland moderators.
hmmm, this epistle. @Mankindman, did you attended the same university with @OGG shocked

Just playing grin Good write-up sha

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:42pm On Jun 17, 2023
YoungBuffet:

If u can't understand my hypothetical analysis, I can't help you, sorry about that. All I know is averaging down loading to the entry point then another pump takes over again which may not even get to the previous high. But am sure with time average down would be done to 25 first then pump up to around 27 then dump resume to #20-23 but if ill fate befall the economy then we are heading back to the days of 15-17 then average down investors will now believe that talk of warren Buffet that says be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful.
You are too much and correct. It will go back to #5. As long as the right thing is being done by this government. And if possible by another government after the court case. The market is going north. Thr will be no generational low unless the world or naija goes into war.
Nevertheless, we are all entitled to our opinion. The opinion should be devoid of scam or personal target.

I am going back to market because I seeing green flag from this government. They are reducing the corruption they have been sharing. Two major are gone, fuel subsidy and forex policy

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by machine606: 10:51pm On Jun 17, 2023
Greetings,

I saw some people commenting on the new investment One App. I noticed it last week too. However, I am stuck at funding the wallet (either for stockbrokering or fixed deposit). Aside using card (I usually don't use ATM to fund account) and GTB token, how do I fund my wallet? Like is there no account details to transfer funds and how is their processing time. I would love to compare their services with my current broker (chaka). Aside recurring down time (and some minor stuffs), I am quite okey with Chaka.
Want to test IOne because of asset back loans I saw some Ogas discussing of few weeks back.

On Cap Plc, pls has anyone received dividend income. I got two mails from AfriPrud confirming dividend deposit while I have not received any. I had to even check using bank mobile app.

As regards testimony. I would love to thank every here for their input since I started following the Thread my portfolio met a significant busstop/mark. Not minding the 'skekilin amount', it's a significant for me considered starting point since convid 19.

@ sisMCy, I evaluated my trading over two years, I now admit I am more (95โ„…) of a trader than investor, with little patience like Loco. Lolz.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 11:41pm On Jun 17, 2023
machine606:
Greetings,

I saw some people commenting on the new investment One App. I noticed it last week too. However, I am stuck at funding the wallet (either for stockbrokering or fixed deposit). Aside using card (I usually don't use ATM to fund account) and GTB token, how do I fund my wallet? Like is there no account details to transfer funds and how is their processing time. I would love to compare their services with my current broker (chaka). Aside recurring down time (and some minor stuffs), I am quite okey with Chaka.
Want to test IOne because of asset back loans I saw some Ogas discussing of few weeks back.

On Cap Plc, pls has anyone received dividend income. I got two mails from AfriPrud confirming dividend deposit while I have not received any. I had to even check using bank mobile app.

As regards testimony. I would love to thank every here for their input since I started following the Thread my portfolio met a significant busstop/mark. Not minding the 'skekilin amount', it's a significant for me considered starting point since convid 19.

@ sisMCy, I evaluated my trading over two years, I now admit I am more (95โ„…) of a trader than investor, with little patience like Loco. Lolz.

To get the best from the new investment one app, I will advise you to open a regular stockbroking/cscs account, once you download the app it's automatically linked to your trading account and you will be able to trade on the app or the web.

Most times I advise clients to fund their trading accounts using the normal bank transfer with their bank app or internet banking with no extra charges apart from the normal bank charges but with a card, you pay some extra charges because a third-party payment system is involved.

You can client the link on my signature to open an account and thereafter download the app seamlessly you will have automatic linking to the trading floor through the app.

There is a GTBank account you can always transfer your investment funds into for your trading. Check the attached file to this post to see various method to fund your account. The one I use personally is the GTBank.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by machine606: 12:33am On Jun 18, 2023
emmasoft:

To get the best from the new investment one app, I will advise you to open a regular stockbroking/cscs account, once you download the app it's automatically linked to your trading account and you will be able to trade on the app or the web.

Most times I advise clients to fund their trading accounts using the normal bank transfer with their bank app or internet banking with no extra charges apart from the normal bank charges but with a card, you pay some extra charges because a third-party payment system is involved.

You can client the link on my signature to open an account and thereafter download the app seamlessly you will have automatic linking to the trading floor through the app.

There is a GTBank account you can always transfer your investment funds into for your trading. Check the attached file to this post to see various method to fund your account. The one I use personally is the GTBank.

Thanks, I already have an account with them through you when I did Abascus MMF. I will check the link and modify the post
Modified:
The link sent seems not working. Nonetheless, I this accountfrom my mailbox sent when I opened the account, 004473197 Sorry to ask, possible to trade bonds on the platform?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 12:55am On Jun 18, 2023
Happy Father's Day to the great Fathers and Fathers to be in the House.

May all the inputs and investments made as you play the fatherly role yield more than expected dividends in the days and years ahead.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Owoblowblow: 12:59am On Jun 18, 2023
Geovanni412:

Bro,

Out of the 4 companies, Zenith Bank is the worst performing in terms of increase in share price

Here are the charts you requested for from tradingview:

Oga Geovanni,
Could u please spare a minute to interpret these charts , looking at now to December 2023. Thank u
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Geovanni412(m): 1:41am On Jun 18, 2023
Owoblowblow:

Oga Geovanni,
Could u please spare a minute to interpret these charts , looking at now to December 2023. Thank u

Boss,

The companies are all doing well

Ucap and Vitafoam are both fundamentally sound companies. They have good leadership, have good dividend history and are leaders in their respective fields.

But if I was to take a buy decision...I'd rather buy only vitafoam. (Not financial advice)

I consider ,nahco and ucap as too dangerous to buy at those levels

I see zenith bank as a medium risk to buy at that level, it can fall to 22 naira or go higher depending on the market confidence. Better to buy a little bit then average down into it.

I'd rather wait for 6 months or more for nahco and ucap to get to 10 naira than jump in at current levels.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ajibade123(m): 1:45am On Jun 18, 2023
yMcy56:

Thanks boss.
Oga Emma is a long term investor, so he chooses his portfolio items carefully......so it's understandable.....but he also needs to consider others who are day/swing traders while making his assertions. grin

That's one of the reasons I don't want to mention it initially when it started the movement from circa 44k or so.

Any banking stock below N1 is dirt cheap (in his voice) in my opinion.

If stocks with no result could be delivering over +100%, I wonder what we'll say about an established and active banking stock. Selling below N1.
How many cent is that?

Besides, JAIZ and UNITY used to be in same league and move together. If JAIZ is approaching N2 now, I don't see UNITY still sitting or sleeping below N1.

With the new regime, banks are in for a good time.....at least so far that we've seen.

** Pls Note that I am not marketing UNITY. Mr. Market will take care of it as it's been doing since it started @44k. DD as always**
Seems you don't do long term?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Owoblowblow: 4:22am On Jun 18, 2023
Geovanni412:

Boss,

Ucap and Vitafoam are both fundamentally sound companies. They have good leadership, have good dividend history and are leaders in their respective fields.

But if I was to take a buy decision...I'd rather buy only vitafoam. (Not financial advice)

I see zenith bank as a medium risk to buy at that level, it can fall to 22 naira or go higher depending on the market confidence. Better to buy a little bit then average down into it.

I'd rather wait for 6 months or more for nahco and ucap to get to 10 naira than jump in at current levels.
Oga โ€œGโ€, many thanks for this. Precise and sound. Thank u.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:22am On Jun 18, 2023
Frangel:
If you mean new investors, at least N250billion would be injected to meet the minimum capital requirement to have a banking licence.

If you mean investors buying existing shares on NGX, the price could go up or down and they earn profits or losses, life goes on. Also, the CBN could take over the bank for persistently having negative shareholders fund, failing to meet the required minimum capital for a bank in Nigeria; shareholders lose their investments.

In as much as investors is not my primary purpose of buying the stock, N250billion is not even up to $500,000,000. Hope you know that bill gate is coming to Nigeria to discuss health, agric and finance

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:56am On Jun 18, 2023
veecovee:

In as much as investors is not my primary purpose of buying the stock, N250billion is not even up to $500,000,000. Hope you know that bill gate is coming to Nigeria to discuss health, agric and finance

Bill Gates is coming to buy Unify bank.
Hallelujah
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:49am On Jun 18, 2023
Geovanni412:

Boss,

Did you see the Q1 earning growth of Nahco. If sustained by the new CEO of the company dividend of N1.80k or more is possible.

Nahco is a turnaround stock

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Geovanni412(m): 9:10am On Jun 18, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Did you see the Q1 earning growth of Nahco. If sustained by the new CEO of the company dividend of N1.80k or more is possible.

Nahco is a turnaround stock

I don't chase stocks that have pumped by up to 700% in 2 years

The rule is to not lose money...

The big firms that bought into it at lower levels will take some profit off the table at some point

Only makes sense to buy if you are hoping to average down on it.

That is the way I look at it...I'll wait till it drops to 10 naira for me to consider it even if it means I miss it flying to the moon.

That said, what do you think of university press plc and livestock feeds plc?

-https://ng.investing.com/equities/nahco-historical-data

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:05am On Jun 18, 2023
Geovanni412:

The big firms that bought into it at lower levels will take some profit off the table at some point

That is the way I look at it...I'll wait till it drops to 10 naira for me to consider it even if it means I miss it flying to the moon.

That said, what do you think of university press plc and livestock feeds plc ?

lol!
...the 2 stocks you mentioned potentially can double portfolio in the next 2 years cheesy
I doubt IF FA will support you.

Kindly do your DD
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Geovanni412(m): 10:09am On Jun 18, 2023
BullBearMkt:

lol!
...the 2 stocks you mentioned potentially can double portfolio in the next 2 years cheesy
I doubt IF FA will support you
grin grin grin grin grin

At least we agree on something...

About FA,

Livestock feeds has not paid dividend for years but University Press regularly pays dividend of abt 10k.

I don't know too much abt the mgmt of University Press but Livestock feeds is owned by UACN so buying it is like making a play on UACN at cheaper price...kinda like the way Northern Nigeria Flour Mills vis a vis Flour Mills

That's just my opinion...what do you guys think?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:18am On Jun 18, 2023
Geovanni412:

That said, what do you think of university press plc and livestock feeds plc?

Dividend of Nahco moved from 40k to N1.20k, dividend of United Capital moved from 50k to N1.50k, there is no sign that dividends will be reduced in fact there is a high probability that Nahco will increase its dividend next year.

Nothing is impossible, better if the stock price of Nahco and United Capital comes down to N10 but i doubt that will happen in next 12 months especially if they have a very good Q2 financial performance

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:41am On Jun 18, 2023
Geovanni412:

At least we agree on something...

About FA,

Livestock feeds haven't paid dividend for years but University Press regularly pay dividend of abt 10k.

I don't know too much abt the mgmt of University Press but Livestock feeds is owned by UACN so buying it is like making a play on UACN at cheaper price...kinda like the way Northern Nigeria Flour Mills vis a vis Flour Mills

That's just my opinion...what do you guys think?
@Geovanni412, I understand your strategy, but comparing NSE which is influenced by distinct market conditions compared to other global markets is what I tried to point your attention to.

That does not mean other people using other methodologies cannot double or even triple their ROI. @Emma is just trying to let you know that if NAHCO continues with their current earning growth/dividend yield, their price will continue to rise.
grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Geovanni412(m): 10:48am On Jun 18, 2023
BullBearMkt:

@Geovanni412, I understand your strategy, but comparing NSE which is influenced by distinct market conditions compared to other global markets is what I tried to point your attention to.

That does not mean other people using other methodologies cannot double or even triple their ROI. @Emma is just trying to let you know that if NAHCO continues with their current earning growth/dividend yield, their price will continue to rise.
grin grin grin grin grin

Emma is not wrong either.

It's just that the risk seems too much compared to the reward for me.

It doesn't align well with my strategy of buying cheap stocks(down by 70% or more from peak) with good dividend history and good management.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:51am On Jun 18, 2023
Geovanni412:

Emma is not wrong either.

It's just that the risk seems too much compared to the reward for me.

It doesn't align well with my strategy of buying cheap stocks(down by 70% or more from peak) with good dividend history and good management.
To reduce the risk (or increase the Reward:Risk), wait for a pullback
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Geovanni412(m): 11:00am On Jun 18, 2023
BullBearMkt:

To reduce the risk (or increase the Reward:Risk), wait for a pullback
grin grin grin grin grin

I dey fear say the reward no go pass 20-40 percent max on NAHCO in 6 months before it begins a retracement

There are cheaper stocks with lower market caps that are at better price areas than NAHCO

But I may be wrong, only the market will decide cool.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 11:23am On Jun 18, 2023

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:38pm On Jun 18, 2023
Holding certain stocks that one likes can affect one's rational thinking, especially when one receives regular dividends from them.

For example, I bought 85,000 units of Zenith Bank at 22 naira and held onto them for a while, and the price went up to 30 naira. With a system to detect when a stock is overbought or ripe for a correction, the smart thing to do would be to sell and buy back later after the correction. Just selling at 30 naira and buying back at 27 naira, would have increased the holding from 85,000 units to 92,500 units without adding any new money.

Someone like me, who has developed cavities from the sweetness of dividends, would be happy to receive even more dividends in return. shocked cheesy

The point is that holding a stock indefinitely may not be the best strategy, especially if one can spot a correction coming.

grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2023
At my age o, I still watch YouTube Shorts and tiktok. I sometimes watch them in secret. grin cheesy

During one of my pleasure trips, I happened upon Robert Kiyosaki, the author of Rich Dad. He said that if he wanted to buy something expensive, he would first create an investment for it and then use the profits from that investment to buy the item.

My dividends from GlaxoSmith are now paying for my Ventolin inhaler made by GlaxoSmith. By the way, I used to buy it for 2,500 to 3,000 naira, but now it costs 5,000 naira. cry cheesy

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 2:34pm On Jun 18, 2023
ositadima1:
Holding certain stocks that one likes can affect one's rational thinking, especially when one receives regular dividends from them.

For example, I bought 85,000 units of Zenith Bank at 22 naira and held onto them for a while, and the price went up to 30 naira. With a system to detect when a stock is overbought or ripe for a correction, the smart thing to do would be to sell and buy back later after the correction. Just selling at 30 naira and buying back at 27 naira, would have increased the holding from 85,000 units to 92,500 units without adding any new money.

Someone like me, who has developed cavities from the sweetness of dividends, would be happy to receive even more dividends in return. shocked cheesy

The point is that holding a stock indefinitely may not be the best strategy, especially if one can spot a correction coming.

grin grin grin

Don't forget that most of the people here throwing tantrums like little kids are only doing that because they sold their stocks just before markdown, because they were so SURE prices will come down after markdown. You and I know how the story unfolded after that.

No one knows for sure what direction the market will go.

They come here to preach how they consistently time the market to perfection every time without proof.

Slow and steady wins this race, I have been replenishing my savings in this euphoria, patiently waiting for that pullback or generational low.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2023
ositadima1:
At my age o, I still watch YouTube Shorts and tiktok. I sometimes watch them in secret. grin cheesy

During one of my pleasure trips, I happened upon Robert Kiyosaki, the author of Rich Dad. He said that if he wanted to buy something expensive, he would first create an investment for it and then use the profits from that investment to buy the item.

My dividends from GlaxoSmith are now paying for my Ventolin inhaler made by GlaxoSmith. By the way, I used to buy it for 2,500 to 3,000 naira, but now it costs 5,000 naira. cry cheesy

Top wisdom. I am glad I read some of those books in the past. While many boast of using the latest iPhone, I am assured that I have shares in iPhone. When I have gathered enough to afford a new iPhone, I just buy some more of apple again instead, buying the latest iphone. One day my dividends will be paying for my iphones.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:57pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ades1:

Don't forget that most of the people here throwing tantrums like little kids are only doing that because they sold their stocks just before markdown, because they were so SURE prices will come down after markdown. You and I know how the story unfolded after that.

They come here to preach how they consistently time the market to perfection every time without proof.

Slow and steady wins this race, I have been replenishing my savings in this euphoria, patiently waiting for that pullback or generational low.

Q2 2023 will be will be released in the next 2 to 3 weeks time, companies that are able to show good performance are expected to defend their current prices and even appreciate

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

Top wisdom. I am glad I read some of those books in the past. While many boast of using the latest iPhone, I am assured that I have shares in iPhone. When I have gathered enough to afford a new iPhone, I just buy some more of apple again instead, buying the latest iphone. One day my dividends will be paying for my iphones.

Imagine if your Tesla shares could buy you a new Tesla electric vehicle every 4 to 5 years. That would be amazing! embarassed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:18pm On Jun 18, 2023
ositadima1:

Imagine if your Tesla shares could buy you a new Tesla electric vehicle every 4 to 5 years. That would be amazing! embarassed

Or your Zenith Bank dividend pay your rent, Nigeria Brewery dividends take care of your flenjour expenses for the year

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 18, 2023
https://guardian.ng/saturday-magazine/shina-peters-and-jim-ovia-two-legends-on-different-paths/

This story was threading few years ago. I found it in my bookmarks archive. Enjoy the story and follow your passion.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2023
This strategy is like a trap, you can find yourself locked out. There are a number of times I have tempted to sell my Zenith shares but the fear of being locked out has always hampered me.

Ades1:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7054) (7055) (7056) (7057) (7058) (7059) (7060) ... (7778) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mpeace(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.