Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,358 members, 7,822,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7064) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10916392 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7061) (7062) (7063) (7064) (7065) (7066) (7067) ... (7763) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bbbwings: 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2023
If only i have gambling spirit. Buy lasaco or access that time with all my portfolio 45% increase be that.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2023
daarcom about to move tooo?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2023
naturalflow:

Daarwhat? Have you read the story about how they catch monkeys and baboons in Brazil?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2023
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2023
Bbbwings:
If only i have gambling spirit. Buy lasaco or access that time with all my portfolio 45% increase be that.

I think you mean having the conviction beyond reasonable doubt that "this is a good investment".

Folks who bulk-traded geregu and transcorp and some in-betweens won't call it that. grin ..and the missed FTNCOCOA cry (due to personal error)

You gamble monkey-hunt with ⅓ of your portfolio grin

@Ymcy56 abeg open purse let's see miracle portfolio grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yeddy99: 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2023
veecovee:
I knew that UNITYBNK must appreciate, but I never expected 10-10% daily like this for more than a week.

Pls is anyone with any info or hearsay, maybe about recapitalization, merger, acquisition or new investor ...

God bless you
Could be pump and dump.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2023
Someone or an entity is busy pumping Goldbrew..
Let's be careful of the penny stocks we're trading and know the reason for picking whichever you're picking...
*My take*

Daarcoms, Afromedia, Deap Capital: Be careful o. smiley
If you're a newbie, don't let them dump their kaya on you. Those stocks are moribonds and have not traded in many yrs.

Lots of accumulation in STANBIC!?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Geovanni412(m): 2:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
Harvestock01:

Daarwhat? Have you read the story about how they catch monkeys and baboons in Brazil?

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CircleOfWilis: 2:34pm On Jun 21, 2023
yeddy99:

Could be pump and dump.
As it is currently observed by Jaiz bank shares...
Dumping ongoing, my money melting before my very eyes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bbbwings: 2:37pm On Jun 21, 2023
Zagee:

I think you mean having the conviction beyond reasonable doubt that "this is a good investment".

Folks who bulk-traded geregu and transcorp and some in-betweens won't call it that. grin ..and the missed FTNCOCOA cry (due to personal error)

You gamble monkey-hunt with ⅓ of your portfolio grin

@Ymcy56 abeg open purse let's see miracle portfolio grin
I never chop liver like that

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Geovanni412(m): 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2023
yak:

I'm a newbie too. Just opened an account with Investment1 as guided by emmasoft.
My capital no reach 1m at all.
I need your assistance in picking stocks

I had a long list in a googledoc but a lot of the stocks have moved since I made the document

BUt perhaps, you can do your own research on the ffg. stocks

Personally, I hold positions in Livestock feeds and UPL

THIS is not financial advice but start you research from this at least:
- University Press PLC (UPL) (have strong history of paying dividends)
-UACN plc (have strong history of paying dividends)
-Custodian Investment Plc (have strong history of paying dividends)
--Livestock feeds (low priced, food industry, managed by UACN and has lower market cap so investors that have confidence in UACN's mgmt ability could look to pump it)
-Inter breweries (down by more than 70% from peak)
-NPFMCRFBK (financial institution, regularly pay dividend-- downside : If you can invest in a bank linked to Nigerian Police, then you can benefit from their dividends and police will be your friend) grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:50pm On Jun 21, 2023
yeddy99:

Could be pump and dump.
While some people may make use of the bull opportunity in market to pump and dump some stocks, I don't generally see the current bullish trend as out of place.

Reason being that there are lots of positive factors driving the market......new govt, change in govt policies, perceived favourable policies on forex, etc.

Also, if we consider the profitability of our stocks compared to their share prices, then they are cheap, and at one point in time, there bound to be price correction, which I think it's what we are witnessing now.

For those buying at high prices, it's high risks taking. May favour or go otherwise.
The thing is to cut losses by applying stop-loss in such stocks.

More reason it's risky to recommend stocks when the prices have gone up.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bbbwings: 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2023
naturalflow:

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 3:02pm On Jun 21, 2023
CircleOfWilis:
As it is currently observed by Jaiz bank shares...
Dumping ongoing, my money melting before my very eyes
Also monitor the trend on JAIZ to some extent, thought it will reverse but it didn't....could be due to a news or so...
Will observe the trend again tomorrow and if it doesn't change, then it may be time for you to apply stop loss.

Risk of picking stocks at high prices.
My ogas will say we should stop pursuing molue wey don leave car park.......though not in all cases..

* Let me add this: Hope you know you didn't lose unless you sell? The loss you may see is paper loss.
I don't always encourage selling at loss. You may just need to add more patience to your patient ni.
Another strategy could also be employed to minimize any loss.

- Who knows, it may just be activities of profit takers' or those directors accumulating on the inside..... the trend may reverse up tomorrow again.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Foundationchamp(f): 3:24pm On Jun 21, 2023
YoungBuffet:

For the DFM u can personally make an enquiry from SEC to ascertain the truth of what they told you. As for IBTC, take the share certificate for verification via their registrar when the shares is verified into your CScs account then you can sell. I will advice u do that timely now that the price is up.

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Foundationchamp(f): 3:28pm On Jun 21, 2023
emmasoft:

The shareholders of DFM have been paid off for about three years now or so by Olam. I guess that is why there is a bottleneck. Actually, it can only be done through the registrars so you just need to be on their neck.

For IBTC shares since you bought from the primary market, you suppose to have the certificate. If you don't have it, visit First Registrars with your means of identification to complain of no certificate. At the registrar's office, you will be given a form to be processed by your broker. When they are through with the process, you will have the shares in your cscs account and will be able to sell yourself if they have an online platform or you give a sell mandate to your broker.

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:43pm On Jun 21, 2023
ggoldmine:
Hello people. Could anyone be kind enough to analyse and compare ETI vs Access vs UBA stocks for long-term and capital appreciation position? Thank you.
We do not have enough data from Access holdings due to change of name in 2022. That makes using price comparison for 2 year forecast a bit challenging. However, based on 52 weeks data, technically, Access (dark yellow line) looks possibly to give the best capital appreciation, followed by ETI (brown line). UBA is red line while NSE index is the blue line.

I also attempted to look at few FA parameters (Not my area; just doing "gbeborun"wink )
In terms of Value: UBA has the lowest P/E ratio (1.71), suggesting it might be undervalued compared to the other 2 banks. Access = 2.60/ ETI = 2.0

Growth: Access shows the highest EPS (4.83) , which may suggest higher growth potential. UBA = 4.8/ ETI = Confused showing me 0.01

Dividend Yield: UBA has the highest dividend yield of 13%, UBA may return the most income relative to the share price.
ACCESS = 10%
ETI=8.5%

I know both UBA and ACCESS pay dividend consistently but not sure of ETI.

Conclusion
-If it's capital appreciation + Dividend = Best is ACCESS. Followed by UBA
-If it's dividend focused = UBA followed by ACCESS.

Any clarifications on the TA part, kindly let know. For FA, we have great gurus in the house to ask.
grin grin grin grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CircleOfWilis: 3:49pm On Jun 21, 2023
yMcy56:

Also monitor the trend on JAIZ to some extent, thought it will reverse but it didn't....could be due to a news or so...
Will observe the trend again tomorrow and if it doesn't change, then it may be time for you to apply stop loss.

Risk of picking stocks at high prices.
My ogas will say we should stop pursuing molue wey don leave car park.......though not in all cases..

* Let me add this: Hope you know you didn't lose unless you sell? The loss you may see is paper loss.
I don't always encourage selling at loss. You may just need to add more patience to your patient ni.
Another strategy could also be employed to minimize any loss.

- Who knows, it may just be activities of profit takers' or those directors accumulating on the inside..... the trend may reverse up tomorrow again.
Thank you boss!
These words of yours are comforting

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NewBola: 3:57pm On Jun 21, 2023
yMcy56:

Except you're for long term and have funds to stake on other stocks aside it.
UPL is very illiquid and can tie your money down for long.
Besides, it trades in range...
Except the management decides to give out mouth watering dividend for the last financial year (ended in March), then, I'll say, look elsewhere.....but if bouyant and have deep pocket, wait for it to come below 2, then buy.

*Pls note that this is purely my opinion.

Thank you. I appreciate it ma. My pocket is shallow grin. I will wait for the annual report.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MeezPat(f): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2023
How I go learn technical analysis bayi shocked
BullBearMkt:

We do not have enough data from Access holdings due to change of name in 2022. That makes using price comparison for 2 year forecast a bit challenging. However, based on 52 weeks data, technically, Access (dark yellow line) looks possibly to give the best capital appreciation, followed by ETI (brown line). UBA is red line while NSE index is the blue line.

I also attempted to look at few FA parameters (Not my area; just doing "gbeborun"wink )
In terms of Value: UBA has the lowest P/E ratio (1.71), suggesting it might be undervalued compared to the other 2 banks. Access = 2.60/ ETI = 2.0

Growth: Access shows the highest EPS (4.83) , which may suggest higher growth potential. UBA = 4.8/ ETI = Confused showing me 0.01

Dividend Yield: UBA has the highest dividend yield of 13%, UBA may return the most income relative to the share price.
ACCESS = 10%
ETI=8.5%

Conclusion

Any clarifications on the TA part, kindly let know. For FA, we have great gurus in the house to ask.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ggoldmine: 4:25pm On Jun 21, 2023
Thank you smiley

BullBearMkt:

ACCESS = 10%
ETI=8.5%

Conclusion

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 5:10pm On Jun 21, 2023
BullBearMkt:

ACCESS = 10%
ETI=8.5%

Conclusion

grin grin grin grin grin

How did you get 13% as dividend yield for UBA?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dammlonge: 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2023
Pls can anyone tell me should I sell my Pz now as I found out it losses today?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2023
pluto09:

You better ask him to drop FA for the owners Lol
Yield is less than 10%
I think Access is still around 10%
The market knows how to price all of them to a similar range of dividend yield
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 5:25pm On Jun 21, 2023
Dammlonge:
Pls can anyone tell me should I sell my Pz now as I found out it losses today?
pz has a board meeting slated for today to deliberate on their 2022 financial report.The outcome will give a clearer path for this stock.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
yMcy56:

I've seen quite a lot of recommendation on IB...
Can you pls shed more light on the "goodies in the bag" so we can also do DD?

IB rally is not something we are expecting so soon, is it?
You know my picks na gamble ooooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
Harvestock01:

daarcomm did some volumes today.could there be a turnaround for this coy especially after the death of Raymond dokpesi?only time will tell!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Yield is less than 10%
Correct!
FA to the gurus
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 5:39pm On Jun 21, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Yield is less than 10%
You are coreect. Access now has a better dividend yield to UBA.
UBA paid N1 (compare with current price)
Access paid N1.50(compare with current price)

But Uba may soon respond.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:05pm On Jun 21, 2023
pluto09:

dividend/share price
UBA paid 0.9 in April & I divided it with the price then (just rounded it to 7) - - - lazy boy!
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 6:06pm On Jun 21, 2023
Mpeace:
You are coreect. Access now has a better dividend yield to UBA.
UBA paid N1 (compare with current price)
Access paid N1.50(compare with current price)

But Uba may soon respond.

Access paid 1.30 while UBA did 0.90k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:07pm On Jun 21, 2023
debeey87:

Access paid 1.30 while UBA did 0.90k

For the year, it's 1.10 versus 1.50

(1) (2) (3) ... (7061) (7062) (7063) (7064) (7065) (7066) (7067) ... (7763) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mails4funshi(m), ayft(m), presiade(m), Streetinvestor2, NL1960, Choiceguy, drotba(m), Jerekre(m), Emeka1441, Laso09, Nelson2020 and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.