Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7069) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10855131 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7066) (7067) (7068) (7069) (7070) (7071) (7072) ... (7745) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kintus(m): 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2023
yMcy56:

Osita, there's no one way to stock movement. You could buy high and the stock will still go higher.

See the case of CONOIl, MRS, FTNCOCOA, etc of recent.......when we thought FTNCOCOA already peaked, @93k or so, it took off again to circa 1.80.
While we think CONOIL already peaked @35+, it went further to 86; what of Guinness, and others in that category?

Even if Lasaco is picked @2.70/2.80, it's still cheap if we consider the financials and the share price of its peers.

Imagine WAPIC trading @94, even SUNU touched 50k or so, then Lasaco is trading @58k as at today's closing price.

So, sometimes, the market can be irrational and the way people rubb.ish insurance stocks here is appalling.

If I had mentioned Cornerstone when it started moving, they would have rubbish.ed it, but see it's Q1 alone, it made over +800% in PAT if I'm right, yet we want such stock to remain at 20k?
This same Lasaco was rubbish.ed at 90k, but eyes opened when it delivered over +200%. Same thing with MANSARD.

FA and TA still the best bet for picking up any stock. We have some bag holders today because they failed to apply some of this rules.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:28pm On Jun 22, 2023
locodemy:
I thought I quoted somebody above.
The guy don delete the virus post

I have reported him to the moderstors

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dammlonge: 10:34pm On Jun 22, 2023
I appreciate ma, you have really assisted me ma
yMcy56:

As dem call me say I get case to answer for Nsempa, na im I rush come....🏃
As I saw you post I said to myself:
Ghen! Ghen!! Mcy you must learn by force for this platform. God pls don't allow my enemies in this forum to rejoice over me IJN. smiley

* First of all, Im your pikin o.
* 2ndly, it's Lasaco you mentioned.
* 3rdly, I think you panicked because you're a new comer and possibly new to investing.

* That a stock lose doesn't mean something is wrong with it's fundamentals, that's just market for you......bearing in mind that the stock you picked @2+, has been bought at some point... @81k, 90k, N1 by someone else who entered much earlier or when the stock was down in the market......if those set of people sell @2 or 2.34 or thereabout, they are pocketing over +100% profit, doesn't mean it's the end for such stock.

- For instance, some investors bought GTCO as high as N34 naira sometimes last year or so or 2021, GT fell all the way from 34 down to N16.80 before it started reversing up again....and we know where the share price is now. It can only take an investor to remain calm in such situation....while traders must have jumped out with some hair-cut.

* In this market, stocks goes up and down. More reason knowledge is required in trading, even if it's basic knowledge.....and, for newbies, we often emphasize on "investing" instead of trading. Buying at bargain price is also emphasized.

* As it is now, please do not panic, do not sell in haste or at loss. What you're seeing is paper loss, which can reverse back to gain when the price goes up again.
* Also, dividend payment is coming, just try and download APEL Registrars E-Dividend Mandate form, fill and scan back to APEL Registrars.
* Another strategy to use is averaging down if you still have some funds, don't be in haste, let the shedding bottomed, when recovery is sighted, you buy more to average your cost price down.
* Like I said, that's Mr. Market for us. It has a mind of its own. Lasaco shouldn't be trading less than N3.

** Pardon me for the epistle* smiley

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dammlonge: 10:36pm On Jun 22, 2023
I appreciate ma, you have really assisted me ma

yMcy56:

As dem call me say I get case to answer for Nsempa, na im I rush come....🏃
As I saw you post I said to myself:
Ghen! Ghen!! Mcy you must learn by force for this platform. God pls don't allow my enemies in this forum to rejoice over me IJN. smiley

* First of all, Im your pikin o.
* 2ndly, it's Lasaco you mentioned.
* 3rdly, I think you panicked because you're a new comer and possibly new to investing.

* That a stock lose doesn't mean something is wrong with it's fundamentals, that's just market for you......bearing in mind that the stock you picked @2+, has been bought at some point... @81k, 90k, N1 by someone else who entered much earlier or when the stock was down in the market......if those set of people sell @2 or 2.34 or thereabout, they are pocketing over +100% profit, doesn't mean it's the end for such stock.

- For instance, some investors bought GTCO as high as N34 naira sometimes last year or so or 2021, GT fell all the way from 34 down to N16.80 before it started reversing up again....and we know where the share price is now. It can only take an investor to remain calm in such situation....while traders must have jumped out with some hair-cut.

* In this market, stocks goes up and down. More reason knowledge is required in trading, even if it's basic knowledge.....and, for newbies, we often emphasize on "investing" instead of trading. Buying at bargain price is also emphasized.

* As it is now, please do not panic, do not sell in haste or at loss. What you're seeing is paper loss, which can reverse back to gain when the price goes up again.
* Also, dividend payment is coming, just try and download APEL Registrars E-Dividend Mandate form, fill and scan back to APEL Registrars.
* Another strategy to use is averaging down if you still have some funds, don't be in haste, let the shedding bottomed, when recovery is sighted, you buy more to average your cost price down.
* Like I said, that's Mr. Market for us. It has a mind of its own. Lasaco shouldn't be trading less than N3.

** Pardon me for the epistle* smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chunkuli: 12:30am On Jun 23, 2023
what is your pt for it?
Zagee:
As for FTNCOCOA , the convertion price for its debt is at a rate of #2, reason it has been bouncing off at a 1.7- 1.95 range today. It will be offering discounts till Q2 result or AFS 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 7:17am On Jun 23, 2023
With AIRTELAFRI we can earn dividends in dollars.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 7:26am On Jun 23, 2023
chunkuli:
what is your pt for it?
Disregard. It's still 0.5
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:32am On Jun 23, 2023
ositadima1:
With AIRTELAFRI we can earn dividends in dollars.

Same with Seplat and ETI

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 8:03am On Jun 23, 2023
LAFARGE CEMENT STOCK PRICE MAY LIKELY BE EYEING ABOVE 39
A close above 26.75 level (by June ending) is may be preparing Lafarge stock price for a bullish momentum towards 39. If the cement company able to "cement the floor of 26.75 very well", then the target will be the ceiling wink

PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 8:10am On Jun 23, 2023
YOU COULD POSSIBLY DOUBLE YOUR INVESTMENT IN UACN STOCK
Already mentioned on the platform by another analyst. This is however, true. Lower risk with high reward

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:18am On Jun 23, 2023
BullBearMkt:
LAFARGE CEMENT STOCK PRICE MAY LIKELY BE EYEING ABOVE 39
A close above 26.75 level (by June ending) is may be preparing Lafarge stock price for a bullish momentum towards 39. If the cement company able to "cement the floor of 26.75 very well", then the target will be the ceiling wink

grin grin grin grin grin

Dangote Sugar nko?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 8:51am On Jun 23, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Dangote Sugar nko?
Dangote Sugar's outlook is looking very sweet cheesy
-Just made a new high, but is getting battered by sellers. Let's see how the month end to decipher buyers/sellers sentiments
-Price in previous sellers level. Needs bullish sentiments to get it close above 24
-Inching fingers, IF price mistakenly get to 22, it's a BUY between now & June ending

Let's review this after June ending...on watchlist already!
What is the intrinsic value for Dang Sugar?
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:01am On Jun 23, 2023
BullBearMkt:

Dangote Sugar's outlook is looking very sweet cheesy
-Just made a new high, but is getting battered by sellers. Let's see how the month end to decipher buyers/sellers sentiments
-Price in previous sellers level. Needs bullish sentiments to get it close above 24
-Inching fingers, IF price mistakenly get to 22, it's a BUY between now & June ending

Let's review this after June ending...on watchlist already!
What is the intrinsic value for Dang Sugar?
grin grin grin grin grin

Over N44
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 9:04am On Jun 23, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Over N44
Great!!!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:24am On Jun 23, 2023
BullBearMkt:

Great!!!
grin grin grin grin grin

Q2 performance will determine the next support level.

Prior to the release of Q1 result in April it was selling for about N15 and N16
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 23, 2023
Chams to the moon?100% dusted
200% loading

Japaul to the moon?100% dusted
200%loading

IB we are watching you.
This one is bumper harvest in return.Time will tell

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 10:23am On Jun 23, 2023
BullBearMkt:
YOU COULD POSSIBLY DOUBLE YOUR INVESTMENT IN UACN STOCK
Already mentioned on the platform by another analyst. This is however, true. Lower risk with high reward

grin grin grin grin grin

From the first chart below, which spans from 2015 to the present date, UACN appears to have many mini support/resistance levels around it, with 12 being the furthest apart. If I ignore the low trading volumes, I would target 12 for a 20% return. We can also see other support/resistance levels at 16.39, 20.78, and 41.97. However, the low volumes and not-so-good fundamental analysis (FA) make these levels very unlikely.

The second chart shows a close-up starting 2022, and it captures a support/resistance level at 11.14 for a 10% return. The red arrow shows where I would have entered based on my LRI, MA10, and MA20 indicators.

The table shows the annual returns, annual best (which implies buying at the low of the year and holding until year-end), compounded returns, lowest prices, the month in which they occurred, and the volume traded in billion units. Again, we can see that the traded volume is not impressive (0.11 billion compared to 0.63 billion from last year), even though we are in the sixth month of the year. Based on the pattern of the last few years, I would have known that below 9 would have been a good entry point.

The last chart is more of a trading buy/sell engine using Keltner Channels and moving averages (MAs) as a mean reversion strategy. The Keltner Channel has a 42-day period, and the MAs are 10 and 20 days. I would have entered on the red arrow, with the MA10 above the MA20, the closing price below the lower band, and I would probably exit when the MA20 is above the MA10.

cheesy

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 10:28am On Jun 23, 2023
The red and yellow vertical lines on the first chart indicate points where volume was considerable. The red line represents points where the volume was over 5 standard deviations of the last 200 days' mean volume, and the yellow line represents points where the volume was between 3 and 5 standard deviations of the mean volume. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elsueno: 10:30am On Jun 23, 2023
Imagine buying fTn at 0.30 something kobo & jaiz at 0.50 something grin grin grin grin grin ...NSE fit suprise person sometimes sha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:30am On Jun 23, 2023
ositadima1:
Bleep
?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 10:45am On Jun 23, 2023
Mpeace:
?

Finally, Fidson is doing me good.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:52am On Jun 23, 2023
ositadima1:

Finally, Fidson is doing me good.
Congrats. I had it before but sold before this gain.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 11:00am On Jun 23, 2023
ositadima1:

From the first chart below, which spans from 2015 to the present date, UACN appears to have many mini support/resistance levels around it, with 12 being the furthest apart. If I ignore the low trading volumes, I would target 12 for a 20% return. We can also see other support/resistance levels at 16.39, 20.78, and 41.97. However, the low volumes and not-so-good fundamental analysis (FA) make these levels very unlikely.

The second chart shows a close-up starting 2022, and it captures a support/resistance level at 11.14 for a 10% return. The red arrow shows where I would have entered based on my LRI, MA10, and MA20 indicators.

The table shows the annual returns, annual best (which implies buying at the low of the year and holding until year-end), compounded returns, lowest prices, the month in which they occurred, and the volume traded in billion units. Again, we can see that the traded volume is not impressive (0.11 billion compared to 0.63 billion from last year), even though we are in the sixth month of the year. Based on the pattern of the last few years, I would have known that below 9 would have been a good entry point.

The last chart is more of a trading buy/sell engine using Keltner Channels and moving averages (MAs) as a mean reversion strategy. The Keltner Channel has a 42-day period, and the MAs are 10 and 20 days. I would have entered on the red arrow, with the MA10 above the MA20, the closing price below the lower band, and I would probably exit when the MA20 is above the MA10.

cheesy
...what is/are the conclusion(s) of your analysis?
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:08am On Jun 23, 2023
BullBearMkt:

...what is/are the conclusion(s) of your analysis?
grin grin grin grin grin

Apart from stating my possible entry point, I think a 10-20% return is possible in the near term, but doubling investment may be difficult given the current observations. I could be wrong, of course. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 11:09am On Jun 23, 2023
ositadima1:

Apart from stating my entry point, I think a 10-20% return is possible in the near term, but doubling investment may be difficult given the current observations. I could be wrong, of course. cheesy
Nice 1!
then, long term?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:25am On Jun 23, 2023
BullBearMkt:

Nice 1!
then, long term?
grin grin grin grin grin

The support/resistance levels at 16.39, 20.78, and 41.97 correspond to price returns of 64%, 108%, and 320% from 10, respectively. While it is said that prices do return to these levels, this is not guaranteed and depends on future events that I cannot predict. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NewBola: 11:28am On Jun 23, 2023
My Ogas in the house, please how does Wemabank compare with FCMB?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 11:54am On Jun 23, 2023
ositadima1:

The support/resistance levels at 16.39, 20.78, and 41.97 correspond to price returns of 64%, 108%, and 320% from 10, respectively. While it is said that prices do return to these levels, this is not guaranteed and depends on future events that I cannot predict. cheesy grin
...that's fair @ositadima1.
Because I like it simple, I mostly rely on price and volume.

Let me show you (no vex, I no fit teach u o). Below is UACN line price/volume chart:
-Distribution: Since price started declining in 2013, price has never made Higher-high and higher-low until 2019 till date. That is strength in price
- Between 2019 - 2022 when price shows strength, volume rises above average. That simply implies, smart monies were buying at the low as people rejecting the stock (accumulation).
-Now, we have what is called BULLISH ORDER CANDLE established at between 8 and 8.90. This means, smart monies will MOST LIKELY not allow price to go below this level again (This level is a BUY)
-Long-Term: Except the company is liquidating/folding-up, else long term (>2 years) will touch the levels you mentioned. Example, attempt was made in May 2022 when price touched 15!

That is TA!!!
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 12:21pm On Jun 23, 2023
...just an example, below is the chart for Guinness stock.
-Label "2" is the exact scenario of what is going on now with UACN.

That is TA!!!
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:23pm On Jun 23, 2023
BullBearMkt:

...that's fair @ositadima1.
Because I like it simple, I mostly rely on price and volume.

Let me show you (no vex, I no fit teach u o). Below is UACN line price/volume chart:
-Distribution: Since price started declining in 2013, price has never made Higher-high and higher-low until 2019 till date. That is strength in price
- Between 2019 - 2022 when price shows strength, volume rises above average. That simply implies, smart monies were buying at the low as people rejecting the stock (accumulation).
-Now, we have what is called BULLISH ORDER CANDLE established at between 8 and 8.90. This means, smart monies will MOST LIKELY not allow price to go below this level again (This level is a BUY)
-Long-Term: Except the company is liquidating/folding-up, else long term (>2 years) will touch the levels you mentioned. Example, attempt was made in May 2022 when price touched 15!

That is TA!!!
grin grin grin grin grin

Oga BBM, nawao. You no wan teach me this work. cheesy grin

Yes, I saw the accumulation on the OBV chart and the vertical lines showing days with exceptional volumes. I also saw that the price maintained a narrow range in the other chart. I believe you, but there will be enough time to enter when the movement begins.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:37pm On Jun 23, 2023
NewBola:
..please how does Wemabank compare with FCMB?
In my opinion, I'll say hold on for now......both are in same category...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NewBola: 1:35pm On Jun 23, 2023
yMcy56:

In my opinion, I'll say hold on for now......both are in same category...

Yes ma. I noticed they have recently both gone up considerably. I was just wondering which one might hold more value.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7066) (7067) (7068) (7069) (7070) (7071) (7072) ... (7745) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dammybrite, Mfunkynation(m), Ghost01(m), chimex38, Payunsin, KarlTom, drotba(m), ositadima1(m), Emndy(m), KayOn1, Adinije(f), sophy17(m), ProphetUtuocha, Emumakpo, mails4funshi(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.