Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7075) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10890581 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7072) (7073) (7074) (7075) (7076) (7077) (7078) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 2:49pm On Jun 24, 2023
locodemy:

I will only agree with you if the general market outlook in the coming days is bearish, then it will test below 5.
Once a stock is on consolidation,the next is breakout.Another stock on consolidation now is custodian.can you post the chart for us?
...It may or may not, but for me to increase my ROI, that is the level I will prefer. Market reactions next week will determine.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2023
BullBearMkt:
Just to understand the mis-understanding going on since yesterday.

Does it mean people should not post what they think is an opportunity again?

All stock posts must be fundamentally sound?

I still don't understand
grin grin grin grin grin

Anybody can post anything as his/her opinion.
Taking criticism about what one post is another thing. You take contrary opinion well unlike some who don't want people to ask questions about what they post here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:00pm On Jun 24, 2023
stockbull:
Greetings to everyone here.

I'm writing this post to target newbies in this market.

First, it's good this thread has helped one or two people, and there are many good people that are willing to help others here.

If you ask me, I still read and learn from you guys here but I'm not that active in this market, hence don't have much to contribute.

However, one thing I'm very sure about, No one can maximize growth opportunities in long term by being a core fundamentalist or Technical analyst (FA or TA follower.), Not in this age anymore.

People who're relatively new in this game should swallow this bitter truth that in this age, the two are very important to grow their portfolios.

The competition between TA and FA is a global thing, and not here only.

FA is reasonable, while TA defies logics, and both works.

The FA apostles find it difficult to accept TA because it's not reasonable, and they believe company's performance precede the chart.

Also, FA was the only tool accessible in the past when the world has not become a one community.

TA apostles accept FA, and grow with the trend, hence compliment the two.

Whether you're a core FA or TA today, the two works to make money, and that's exactly what should be the focus.

Let me tell a short story that birthed this thread.

I was exposed to the US market some years back because I love the American culture.

I invested in the US stocks through my then broker, TDAmeritrade. While there was no robust investing platform then, I love being in the internet.

I was also one of the early birds of StockMarketNigeria (SMN) but was not that active, but read daily with my general moniker.

I visit and talk once in a while because I bought some IPOs days when companies flaunt their banners on Billboard on main federal roads then, we don't see that today anymore.

What I experienced with foreign market made me registered a new moniker 'Stockbull', and wanted to incorporate TA in the Nigerian market.

Whoooh, I was not giving a breeding space because the majority are Fundamentalists, it's reasonable, NSE has not gone digital then, I lost a lot of money then because my analog broker don't always buy stocks at my desired price.

TA was almost impossible on NSE unless you're a broker or have a big fund to influence.

I registered my moniker Stockbull again on Nairaland and NigerianBestForum, and opened this thread to outlive SMN.

I was trying my best, and many people started contributing their TA and FA knowledge here, and this thread and picks became their discussion on SMN.

Some of the FA apostles registered here to prove TA wrong here, but we were moving, and many of them grew with time to incorporate TA. Some were not bold to admit it, but some did and TA followers grew to a level the FA guys were not able to challenge them.

My candid advice again,
Whether you're a core FA or TA today, the two works to make money, and that's exactly what should be the focus.

@Stockbull
Great to sight you. I think the major problem is that some can't really distinguish who they are. Are you investing using FA? Trading using TA? Investing using FA but applying TA to maximize entry? Trading with TA but using FA for safety? ..... So many strategies work but failure to understand where you stand will push you to where belle face which may be risky.

If you claim to be a trader, goan learn TA

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2023
BullBearMkt:

There is possibility! If not, I guess Sanusi Lamido should have hammered both Wema & Bank of the North
grin grin grin grin grin

Even if unity bank is recapitalized today, existing shareholders will still loose out, though I doubt if any business man will put his money into that hole. The implication of negative shareholder value is that the share doesn't worth anything.
We are not saying people should not buy the share but people should at leat understand what they are getting into

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2023
locodemy:

I will only agree with you if the general market outlook in the coming days is bearish, then it will test below 5.
Once a stock is on consolidation,the next is breakout.Another stock on consolidation now is custodian.can you post the chart for us?
...custodian has left the bus stop! Good stock. Making higher-high & higher-low
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 3:11pm On Jun 24, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

@Stockbull
Great to sight you. I think the major problem is that some can't really distinguish who they are. Are you investing using FA? Trading using TA? Investing using FA but applying TA to maximize entry? Trading with TA but using FA for safety? ..... So many strategies work but failure to understand where you stand will push you to where belle face which may be risky.

grin, i think it's relative to time, experience, and fund commitment.

A decade experience should at least shape one's investing lifestyle provided there's reasonable fund commitment.

It's easy to get overly excited about FA or TA, until experience does her thing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 3:12pm On Jun 24, 2023
The world woke up to a coup-in-progress in Russia. Commodity traders is having next week if things remain the same.

Higher cost incurred on imports.

2nd half.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:18pm On Jun 24, 2023
stockbull:

A decade experience should at least shape one's investing lifestyle provided there's reasonable fund commitment.

It's easy to get overly excited about FA or TA, until experience does her thing.
...you can say that again!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:26pm On Jun 24, 2023
Zagee:
The world woke up to a coup-in-progress in Russia. Commodity traders is having next week if things remain the same.

Higher cost incurred on imports.

2nd half.
the rebels are 400km away from Moscow now!!! You are right, this may impact commodities & US stock market
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 3:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
stockbull:

It is good to see you here again.
Welcome boss.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 24, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

@Stockbull

Thank you for your contribution my oga.This is the first time I get your post very reasonable to my knowledge.i believe with your contribution couple with oga stock bull, one will be able to know where he really belong to.

For me I always use financials especially the improved results to make my trade which is FA based trading.i.e means I use FA to apply TA for short term and some times Jijo.

If I understand you very well,

Depending on only FA is long term.

Depending only on TA will make someone to do Jijo(swing trading)

Depending on FA to apply TA is for Jijo/short term traders which is where I belong.

Is it possible for one to use TA to apply FA?
Kindly explain pls
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2023
yMcy56:

You're right sir!
ZEE and quite a lot of them comes to mind.
I've always known your stand on this SA and I think Nigerian stocks thrives on FA and TA, but much more on SA. News moves stocks much more.
Ordinarily, if we look at the share price of some stocks, even fundamentally, they shouldn't be where they are but the truth is, news and sentiments has moved them at one point in time or the other.
See GEREGU for instance, the news of Afreximbank's 5% stake took it beyond 100 to 300!
Has it come back to 100 since then? NO!
All those who picked @100, 120, 150, 200 while it was been mentioned, did they regret picking till now? NO!
It's well.
Exactly about Geregu. 200% rise on news without any change in fundamentals, and that was even at a time the market was very low in activity. One thing about SA backed price appreciation is that whenever it happens, it defies every market odds and situation. That time Geregu happened, the general market was in a very prolonged bearish/sideways movement. Same with that of RTB. SA movements are the only means of profit in time when the market remains irrational for too long.
Even under rational market conditions, fundamentally sound stocks hardly give 100% capital appreciation in the medium term let alone short term like SA does in the most irrational moments.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 24, 2023
Oga stock bull the creator of Nsempa page,I salute you you you oooo.
Pls don't just go.Remain with us at least this weekend.We need more contribution on this FA and TA from you.The little you opined is already helpful.

[quote author=stockbull post=124006791]Greetings to everyone here.

Some of the FA apostles registered here to prove TA wrong here, but we were moving, and many of them grew with time to incorporate TA.

Some were not bold to admit it, but some did and TA followers grew to a level the FA guys were not able to challenge them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 24, 2023
Deadlytruth:

Exactly about Geregu. 200% rise on news without any change in fundamentals, and that was even at a time the market was very low in activity. One thing about SA backed price appreciation is that whenever it happens, it defies every market odds and situation. That time Geregu happened, the general market was in a very prolonged bearish/sideways movement. Same with that of RTB. SA movements are the only means of profit in time when the market remains irrational for too long.
Even under rational market conditions, fundamentally sound stocks hardly give 100% capital appreciation in the medium term let alone short term like SA does in the most irrational moments.

You are always on point sir

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 3:50pm On Jun 24, 2023
locodemy:
[/b]

The bolded is the problem.Nobody can fight Mr market on what it does.

I remember your stand in the days of Rt Briscoe.It was a massive gain then.I enjoyed it.
Yours sincerely rode RTB from 28 Kobo and disembarked at 96 kobo that time. In fact from SA indications right now, RTB appears to hold a potential for another 100 to 200% begining from next week.

Caveat:
To non-SA adherents, please this is not a buy recommendation. In fact, don't buy RTB please. Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2023
Deadlytruth:

Yours sincerely rode RTB from 28 Kobo and disembarked at 96 kobo that time. In fact from SA indications right now, RTB appears to hold a potential for another 100 to 200% begining from next week.

Caveat:
To non-SA adherents, please this is not a buy recommendation. In fact, don't buy RTB please. Thanks.

Will this opening of seme boarder not affect the automobile sector?

I didn't want to ride RTB this time because I didn't see a good financial print from them this time.Last time rally was backed up with it's Q9 results which I rushed the opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 3:57pm On Jun 24, 2023
BullBearMkt:

...custodian has left the bus stop! Good stock. Making higher-high & higher-low
grin grin grin grin grin
Can and will Mansard follow suit ?l don't seem to understand what Mansard is doing right now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2023
BullBearMkt:

the rebels are 400km away from Moscow now!!! You are right, this may impact commodities & US stock market
grin grin grin grin grin

The price of bread is about to come down.
What's the effect on the food stocks traded at Nse?
This question is 100% based on SA.
Hope you do SA sir?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 4:09pm On Jun 24, 2023
sterlingD:

Can and will Mansard follow suit ?l don't seem to understand what Mansard is doing right now
...sorry the question will likely be answered by FA gurus. Don't know if Mansard is related or not. But judging from Mansard chart, the stocks may likely rise, but I anticipate a pullback to about 3.50. Again that is not a detailed analysis, just briefly looked at Mansard based on your question.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 4:13pm On Jun 24, 2023
BullBearMkt:

...sorry the question will likely be answered by FA gurus. Don't know if Mansard is related or not. But judging from Mansard chart, the stocks may likely rise, but I anticipate a pullback to about 3.50. Again that is not a detailed analysis, just briefly looked at Mansard based on your question.
grin grin grin grin grin
It pulled back to 3.50 and then began some sort of rising.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 4:13pm On Jun 24, 2023
locodemy:

The price of bread is about to come down.
What's the effect on the food stocks traded at Nse?
This question is 100% based on SA.
Hope you do SA sir?
Does bread has anything to do with Europe & Russia. If flour is imported from the region, expect bread to rise as price of flour will rise.

On NSE, if the invasion leads to full blown war (should I say God forbid or ), price of oil will shoot up and long run may have +ve impact on NSE!
TA is also SA!!! We measure sentiments from breadth analysis and investors/traders emotions with candlesticks and volume wink

Loco that doesn't mean you should start buying commodities next week o! Market is dynamic.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2023
sterlingD:

It pulled back to 3.50 and then began some sort of rising.
Again we need to see price actions at 3.50 before we can say price will rise or continue to fall below 3.5. And price might not even get there!

I gave 3.50 as the next support to watch out for.
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2023
locodemy:

Will this opening of seme boarder not affect the automobile sector?

I didn't want to ride RTB this time because I didn't see a good financial print from them this time.Last time rally was backed up with it's Q9 results which I rushed the opportunity.

Consideration of opening of Seme boarder is an FA factor and that has no bearing on the imminent SA driven rally.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2023
Loco, mercy Agba, BBM abeg oo what is your thoughts on FTN I just remembered that I have some FTN with my analog broker and I was thinking is just 20k units which I bought at N2 then so I called a staff this afternoon and she told me I have over 100k units pls make I sell or I should still leave it. I bought chams too at N2 but Don't know the unit now I fit think say na 10k units make it turn to 50k. I will confirm the chams later.your thought on FTN oo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
aremso:
Loco, mercy Agba, BBM abeg oo what is your thoughts on FTN I just remembered that I have some FTN with my analog broker and I was thinking is just 20k units which I bought at N2 then so I called a staff this afternoon and she told me I have over 100k units pls make I sell or I should still leave it. I bought chams too at N2 but Don't know the unit now I fit think say na 10k units make it turn to 50k. I will confirm the chams later.your thought on FTN oo

You bought at high prices and now the price has risen to an extent but yet to recover all your money.

Let me use mine to answer your question,I presently have dunlop and unhomes which I bought at #5 and #9 then in 2008.Today I have asked my broker to delete it from the system so I don't see them any more but they refused.

If I were you,I will sell them off now and use the money to buy food for the family consumption.

If I am able to sell mine today,I will use the money to cook rice for my church people to eat or store food in the house.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MechanicMike: 5:20pm On Jun 24, 2023
Ginalex:
Please Locodemy and yMcy56, should you decide not to continue here, please carry me join body🥺🥺... But please don't leave here

How much is it?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 5:26pm On Jun 24, 2023
aremso:
Loco wan ki mi with laughter.

FTN closed last week at 1.90. It thus have 50-50 chance to continue to rise or to fall. If you have waited this long, I don't think waiting for more time is out of context. Few weeks ago, a member asked similar question about a stock, I guess Transcorp, and my advise was almost similar.

When you were able to recoup your capital, you can then decide the next line of action.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 5:26pm On Jun 24, 2023
locodemy:

You bought at high prices and now the price has risen to an extent but yet to recover all your money.

Let me use mine to answer your question,I presently have dunlop and unhomes which I bought at #5 and #9 then in 2008.Today I have asked my broker to delete it from the system so I don't see them any more but they refused.

If I were you,I will sell them off now and use the money to buy food for the family consumption.

If I am able to sell mine today,I will use the money to cook rice for my church people to eat or store food in the house.

Thanks bro. I will send mail for them to sell it on monday
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 5:39pm On Jun 24, 2023
BullBearMkt:

Loco wan ki mi with laughter.

FTN closed last week at 1.90. It thus have 50-50 chance to continue to rise or to fall. If you have waited this long, I don't think waiting for more time is out of context. Few weeks ago, a member asked similar question about a stock, I guess Transcorp, and my advise was almost similar.

When you were able to recoup your capital, you can then decide the next line of action.
grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks brotherly i will weigh the 2 options

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 5:56pm On Jun 24, 2023
BullBearMkt:
...there is no point opening a new thread. FA & TA compliment each other. TA is "relatively still new" in Nigeria and might take some time before it is generally accepted. The recent disagreement, to me, indicate that we are talking "truth" to ourselves. We should rather be afraid of an environment where everyone is smiling to one another!
grin grin grin grin grin
Thanks Oga BBM.
Well understood. Well taken.

At some point, I was almost thinking whether Oga Emma's page was hacked or something....but it's fine.
We move!
I still have my respect for him nonetheless. smiley

If there be anything that gives me much joy in these whole back and forth, it's the fact that it reconciled me with someone I tread his path mostly here in SA... @Deadlytruth !! grin
He doesn't know and we don't go along here, but was happy he quoted me today... against what I'd expected when I mentioned him. Still learning and will continue to learn.
Thanks boss. wink

All well and good.
Apologies for any utterance made in 'anger'.
Just know we meant well for this forum for everyone as most of us are here to learn as well.
Thanks to everyone that contributed for and against.
E Se Pupo. wink

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2023
Ginalex:
.... But please don't leave here
seemples:
Loco isn't moving an inch.. Neither is yMcy56
You're well appreciated dear Sisters!! cool

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 6:25pm On Jun 24, 2023
yMcy56:

You're well appreciated dear Sisters!! cool

Mercy the only mercy among us where u dey go ooo? Meanwhile, u never put your own input for my FTN question oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (7072) (7073) (7074) (7075) (7076) (7077) (7078) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kaykehin and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.