Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,484 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10954327 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7147) (7148) (7149) (7150) (7151) (7152) (7153) ... (7778) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:28pm On Jul 15, 2023
I don't think there is any difference in value investing or growth investing, the only difference I know of is the difference between Investment and speculation. A number of growth investors think they are investing but they are speculating or gambling

There is growth in value investing, and the is value in growth

Value investors want to buy a business below its intrinsic value, while growth investors are ready to pay premium on the intrinsic value based on the expected earning growth and other potentials of the business.

The Koko is to practice Growth At a Reasonable Price as preached by legendary Peter Lynch

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2023
Zagee:
NNPCL looking like it's coming on the shelf any moment now.
One to spur the market and with dangote refinery already building its stock pile to begin distribution. A very interesting ride to be on from the get-go! I think a price tag of 100 so everyone can buy- not necessarily everyone. grin

would be interested in NNPCL & Dangote refinery [ thinking aloud here; will be interesting to see how Dangote merge the energy, oil and gas , & construction hub of the company for listing purpose. He can't let the construction arm go to waste. else , he defers to Dantata &Sawoe as partnership..] whenever they come on board, will love to get some ..probably bit and pieces acquisition approach during and post euphoria over time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 3:43pm On Jul 15, 2023
You non go add corruption analysis?

Someone even said Oga Emma is trying to average down on his age.

Una non goo kee person for here.
Mankindman:

The Technical analyst of chronological age of PA Emma 1960 +/_ 5
The Sentimental and Fundamental analysis of his age equally predicted late 40s , this was arrived at after scrutinizing the words of wisdom gathered from his posts 📫 from 2003 till date, and the possibility that Pa-emma couldn't have be his first Monica on Nairaland due to the fact that majority of early users on Nairaland must have used more than one Monicas.
The late 40s correlates with TA age of 1965 +/5
Therfore PA-Emma was born between 1970 to 1975. ie 48 to 53 yrs.
Has anyone ever noticed that Pa Emma is not a fan of crypto currency?
I strongly 💪 observed that he rarely speaks about Bitcoin. He would rather give you instant financial report of any listed company on the Nigeria Boursel.
He also has a strong bias for NGX, he believes there is more value here than NYSE. There is a remote possibility that NYSE 😳 must have humbled our own Pa Emma.
His view 😍 on Warren Buffett is divergent, while he is a strong fan of Jim Ovia and Segun Agbaje. He has refused to align with APC and LP , meaning he could have a love ❤️ for PDP.
Most of his investment success and breakthrough must have happened during the PDP Era, this is consistent with Nigerians of age bracket 47 to 55 who had the opportunity of investing in the moderate glorious days of Nigeria 🇳🇬 nation.
Pa-emma, come out and tell us your real age. We will continue to celebrate you remotely. I already told 2 new guys that want to learn TA and FA of Nigeria Bourse to follow you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
I don't think there is any difference in value investing or growth investing, the only difference I know of is the difference between Investment and speculation. A number of growth investors think they are investing but they are speculating or gambling

Value investors want to buy a business below its intrinsic value, while growth investors are ready to pay premium on the intrinsic value based on the expected earning growth and other potentials of the business.

The Koko is to practice Growth At a Reasonable Price as preached by legendary Peter Lynch
Pa-emma, I deserve 2 standard bottles of hero beer 🍺 for detailing your investment philosophy in the Phil Fischer story I posted yesterday.
You can see that I'm a true fan.
I wonder why you didn't want to validate all the sentimental assessments and assertions I made for our only NSEMPA Pa-emma🤔.
You only validate 2 out of 10.
Waiting for the rest and your age bracket 2 be validated.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 4:39pm On Jul 15, 2023
Hogwarthtrades:

would be interested in NNPCL & Dangote refinery [ thinking aloud here; will be interesting to see how Dangote merge the energy, oil and gas , & construction hub of the company for listing purpose. He can't let the construction arm go to waste. else , he defers to Dantata &Sawoe as partnership..] whenever they come on board, will love to get some ..probably bit and pieces acquisition approach during and post euphoria over time.
Wrt NNPCL:
The approach to acquisition is very much in order. Although, there has been this doubt on twitter about being able to have the liquidity within just NGX if a certain amount/valuation is required at IPO. Perhaps dual listing?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 5:15pm On Jul 15, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

There is absolutely large difference between the two. We have three types of investing styles going by what MORNING STAR classified them, which are
1. Value Investing
2. Growth investing
3. Blended investing

The differences among are:
1. A value investors focuses more on companies with low P/E ratio, low P/BV ratio, low P/S ratio, low P/CF ratio and high Dividend yield. I can classify myself as value investor because that’s the yardstick I used in picking stocks. When GTB was doing N17 or thereabout, a value investor will capitalized on the low P/E compared to average banking P/E ratio because he believes that it will revert back to the mean. Also the dividend yield at that price would be closed to 19%. That is mostly what value investors look at. They looks less on the earning and earnings growth. This risk of the style is the VALUE TRAP, where you think the price is low not knowing that the price would still crash further.

2. On the contrary, a growth investor focuses more earning and earning growth. They don’t look the way of P/E, P/S and others mentioned above to make investment decision. Primarily, a growth investor uses what u referred to as GARP(Growth at reasonable Price) to make decision. Coming back to illustration on GTB when the price came to N17, a growth investor would investigate their earning and see if the earning is sustainable and can growth. The problem with this style is what is called GROWTH TRAP, where u think earning will growth not knowing that it will come down further in future

3. May be, this is what you are talking about. They combined both value and growth features to make decision

All of us here on this platform would takes one of the three investment style

Thank you my brother

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afromentalist: 5:45pm On Jul 15, 2023
Do people here really expect the market to be forever up?

You have to see a bear market as a discount season.

Do you run away from the market when everything is discounted and it is sales period?
.do you cry? Are you afraid that your Louis Vuitton now costs 200k instead of 500k ?

It is the bear runs that make the bull runs possible and great.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afromentalist: 5:50pm On Jul 15, 2023
customstreet:

There is absolutely large difference between the two. We have three types of investing styles going by what MORNING STAR classified them, which are
1. Value Investing
2. Growth investing
3. Blended investing
I see where you are coming from but you are not really getting his point. Actually you have more than 3 investing strategies, you could for instance add Dividend investing, Copycat investing, passive investing and the right likes.

What Emma is saying is that at the end of the day there is no real difference among them all. There are only investors and gamblers/speculators.

Speculators are focused on making profits, Investors first of all consider the safety of their investment. In all those investing strategies you will find Investors and speculators sometimes deceiving themselves to be investors.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 5:58pm On Jul 15, 2023
locodemy:
While the decline slows down from next week in some stocks, there is one stock that is carrying plenty shareholders at back.I just picked one catalyst which will drive this stock above imaginations during my review of stocks last night.
I will make the stock known here by next week.

Have a fruitful weekend
Chai...
you want to saturate your bullion van first before gisting us..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MrDiligence: 7:03pm On Jul 15, 2023
Good day every, please does Morgan capital also observe the T+3 rule. I noticed my broking account is usually credited immediately I sell. Can I also withdraw on the same day? Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2023
customstreet:

1. Value Investing
2. Growth investing
3. Blended investing

The differences among are:
1. A value investors focuses more on companies with low P/E ratio, low P/BV ratio, low P/S ratio, low P/CF ratio and high Dividend yield. I can classify myself as value investor because that’s the yardstick I used in picking stocks. When GTB was doing N17 or thereabout, a value investor will capitalized on the low P/E compared to average banking P/E ratio because he believes that it will revert back to the mean. Also the dividend yield at that price would be closed to 19%. That is mostly what value investors look at. They looks less on the earning and earnings growth. This risk of the style is the VALUE TRAP, where you think the price is low not knowing that the price would still crash further.

2. On the contrary, a growth investor focuses more earning and earning growth. They don’t look the way of P/E, P/S and others mentioned above to make investment decision. Primarily, a growth investor uses what u referred to as GARP(Growth at reasonable Price) to make decision. Coming back to illustration on GTB when the price came to N17, a growth investor would investigate their earning and see if the earning is sustainable and can growth. The problem with this style is what is called GROWTH TRAP, where u think earning will growth not knowing that it will come down further in future

3. May be, this is what you are talking about. They combined both value and growth features to make decision

All of us here on this platform would takes one of the three investment style

Thank you my brother

The statement is deep. There is growth in value investing and there is value in growth investing.

Low PE does not make a stock cheap, you compare the PE with return on equity and the sustainable growth of the business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2023
Mankindman:

Pa-emma, I deserve 2 standard bottles of hero beer 🍺 for detailing your investment philosophy in the Phil Fischer story I posted yesterday.
You can see that I'm a true fan.
I wonder why you didn't want to validate all the sentimental assessments and assertions I made for our only NSEMPA Pa-emma🤔.
You only validate 2 out of 10.
Waiting for the rest and your age bracket 2 be validated.

I changed to Trophy about 5 weeks ago, when the price of Gulder increased by 40%.
Unfortunately I don't have International Brewery shares

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:47pm On Jul 15, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

There is no value investor that does not want growth of the businesses he invested in, and there is no growth investor that doesn't want value from the businesses he invested in.

Value creates wealth, growth creates increase. Wealth increase is the core of all investments

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:19pm On Jul 15, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I changed to Trophy about 5 weeks ago, when the price of Gulder increased by 40%.
Unfortunately I don't have International Brewery shares
I guess you do the beer .I prefer the stout. During my services year in osun state. Thr is this brewery company in ilesha.I can't remember the name.Do you know if it is still operational
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2023
MrDiligence:
Good day every, please does Morgan capital also observe the T+3 rule. I noticed my broking account is usually credited immediately I sell. Can I also withdraw on the same day? Thanks

All stockbroking firm observe T+3 even direct settlement by cscs. It's a regulatory requirement. That your sales proceeds go to your trading account doesn't mean it's available for withdrawal it's in compliance with the mode of utilization of sales proceeds you picked during account opening that allows your funds to be in your trading account immediately after you sell and It can only be available for reinvesting/trading.

However, if you wish to withdraw before the T+3 date, most of the firms will allow you with some fees attached.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:58pm On Jul 15, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
I guess you do the beer .I prefer the stout. During my services year in osun state. Thr is this brewery company in ilesha.I can't remember the name.Do you know if it is still operational

That should be International Brewery Ilesha

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 10:53pm On Jul 15, 2023
I used to follow Jarus finance/career blog and I remember reading a post from Sir Emma back in 2014. The post said he had over 20 years experience, no be today oh.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 5:27am On Jul 16, 2023
essentialone:
Standard Alliance Insurance wins court case. Set to return to stock market?
Source please.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:58am On Jul 16, 2023
BullBearMkt:

@Agbalowomeri, this is a herculean task, I must confess.
However, with available "market" data on Pa Emma, TA shows he was most likely born before Nigeria civil war in 1967; approx. 56 years ago!

IF Pa Emma was very active during 2008 market crash; rock Madonna song - La Isla Bonita in 1987; and could recall how late Prof Akin Adesola built UNILAG's Senate with N15m in 1984 (using internally generated funds and donation), then Pa Emma should be almost as old as Nigeria Independence (1960) cheesy

However, to be on the conservative side, Support is provided at 1967 (+/- 5)
Happy Weekend all!
grin grin grin grin grin

E be like say you are on SMI. All these details na for SMI I share am.

Wetin be your name on SMI?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 7:24am On Jul 16, 2023
Pa Emma, sequel to this proposed Merger arrangement for Dangote foods, which is better to allign with, Nascon or Sugar?
Based on your analysis, on their Q1 result, it appears that Sugar is 9 times bigger than Nascon, so what amount of units of shares do you think they can offer to Sugar shareholders in the new company and what's your projection as regards the introductory price for Dangote Foods?

The assessment of the 9times bigger is based on Shareholders funds and PBT.

Also sir OGG and madam Mercy can also assist in this discussion.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:54am On Jul 16, 2023
dapix:
Pa Emma, sequel to this proposed Merger arrangement for Dangote foods, which is better to allign with, Nascon or Sugar?
Based on your analysis, on their Q1 result, it appears that Sugar is 9 times bigger than Nascon, so what amount of units of shares do you think they can offer to Sugar shareholders in the new company and what's your projection as regards the introductory price for Dangote Foods?

The assessment of the 9times bigger is based on Shareholders funds and PBT.

Also sir OGG and madam Mercy can also assist in this discussion.

Break it down to per share basis.

Earnings per share

Net Asset per share

Free cash flow per share

Net operating cash flow per share.

I did an analysis on that, read and digest it.

Goodluck
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:01am On Jul 16, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

SMN
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 10:33am On Jul 16, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

No, I no dey for SMN.
It's just the analysis of the TA tools deployed to gather some of your online data cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 11:00am On Jul 16, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:22am On Jul 16, 2023
chimex38:
FBHN saga fallout
https://leadership.ng/cbn-to-blacklist-bank-directors-with-bad-loans/
The man they are fighting is not even saying any thing. He knows he can easily pay off the said bad loan and still increase his stake in fbnh especially now that the directors and other stakeholders are observing the closed period. But he also knows that he is no longer liable for honeywell debts and If I were him, I will simply sue Ecobank for all the embarassment.
The law is clear that a buyer buys both the assets and liability and that a guarantor only comes in once the company cannot pay back and has no asset to be attached.
Flourmills already bought the assets and liabilities of Honeywell, and are therefore liable for the loans. Why chase the Oba around when Flourmills have not been liquidated.
Its very unfortunate that most of our banks have very very poor legal departments. You need to see how many of them get messed up in courts across the country

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:36am On Jul 16, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

SMN

Referring to a WhatsApp platform Stock Market Investment

That was where I shared those personal details
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 12:16pm On Jul 16, 2023
Mpeace:
The man they are fighting is not even saying any thing. He knows he can easily pay off the said bad loan and still increase his stake in fbnh especially now that the directors and other stakeholders are observing the closed period. But he also knows that he is no longer liable for honeywell debts and If I were him, I will simply sue Ecobank for all the embarassment.
The law is clear that a buyer buys both the assets and liability and that a guarantor only comes in once the company cannot pay back and has no asset to be attached.
Flourmills already bought the assets and liabilities of Honeywell, and are therefore liable for the loans. Why chase the Oba around when Flourmills have not been liquidated.
Its very unfortunate that most of our banks have very very poor legal departments. You need to see how many of them get messed up in courts across the country
exactly some of my points.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2023
Mpeace:

If FMN purchase agreement contains indemnity against future liability arising from any ongoing court case, they may be able to hold Oba responsible otherwise, sorry is their name. The devil is always in the details.

Worst case scenario would be some slap on the wrist for Oba.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:56pm On Jul 16, 2023
Harvestock01:

If FMN purchase agreement contains indemnity against future liability arising from any ongoing court case, they may be able to hold Oba responsible otherwise, sorry is their name. The devil is always in the details.

Worst case scenario would be some slap on the wrist for Oba.
But thus far, no such clause have been made known and if any exist, it should be coming from FMN as a defence to any attempt at enforcing the loan on them. Ecobank need to follow the right entity.
Fmn knew the implications of what they bought.
Its just like buying land that is subject matter of litigation. The buyer knows that under the doctrine of lis pendis, he bears the outcome of the litgation
Truth is Ecobank loan to Honeywell is not lost yet. Its either FMN pays or Oba pays. But nothing concerns the fbnh share puchase to the said loan.
The entity used in buying the fbnh majority shares has two sons of Oba as majority shareholders and can hardly be dragged into the whole mess.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:05pm On Jul 16, 2023
Not a good sight on the weekly

First chart ASI

Second NGSEBNK10

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 1:11pm On Jul 16, 2023
Mpeace:

Another perspective is that the loan was obtained by Honeywell Group (then holding company of Honeywell Flour). That's a different entity from HFMPlc acquired by FMNPlc. It's a whole web of intrigues. The loan by HFM was to FBN and was disclosed during the acquisition process.

https://businessday.ng/business-economy/article/sanusi-weighs-in-on-ecobank-vs-otudeko-saga/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 1:19pm On Jul 16, 2023
locodemy:
While the decline slows down from next week in some stocks, there is one stock that is carrying plenty shareholders at back.I just picked one catalyst which will drive this stock above imaginations during my review of stocks last night.
I will make the stock known here by next week.

Have a fruitful weekend

Transcorp 😁

(1) (2) (3) ... (7147) (7148) (7149) (7150) (7151) (7152) (7153) ... (7778) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: defebe, Alaadin(m), allabouttolu and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.