Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,561 members, 7,847,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:40 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7778) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11015575 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7775) (7776) (7777) (7778) (7779) (7780) (7781) ... (7798) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 10:05am On May 17
Ades1:
Stanbic landed early as usual. Always a day early with Stanbic, I like it
Na so we see am #Softlife.. no chere ka'm bia for Stanbic matter.!.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 11:08am On May 17
grin
KarlTom:
Ding! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BuchyD: 11:09am On May 17
Huge dividends Don block people throat...see as everywhere quiet
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 11:25am On May 17
Where is that man that was looking for an exit-buyout from Intenegins at N1.50? I hope you were able to bail out at your desired price, given that Intenegins is currently at N1.65.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 11:25am On May 17
BuchyD:
Huge dividends Don block people throat...see as everywhere quiet

It's the bears oooo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:11pm On May 17
Regency... Will it bring a surprise? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 12:56pm On May 17
megawealth01:

Una don start...

Allow me enter at $ 200+ FIRST ooooo

$200+ is good. By all means enter! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 2:08pm On May 17
ndept:
Thanks for the bolded. The problem with the country is that the citizens are not united as one to speak the evil bedeviling the nation. The moment you speak out, another will quickly interpret it to mean political, religious or ethnic bias against the government. Gradually, almost all the companies established by foreigners are leaving the country due to economic or security reasons, while most local manufacturers and SME have close shop or are on the verge of closing. Even our local farmers can no longer go to their farms safely, when you speak out some will say you are bias against the country. All these problems were not there when Obasanjo was in government. The problem started around 2010 and got worse with successive governments. If we continue like this, one day our economy will take a nosedive to where we don't expect it.

By the bolded, you are guilty of the very attitude of not speaking out which you seem to see in others. I can't believe that there are still people with the perception that these problems were not there during the time of Obasanjo which was the time they all actually started and Obasanjo ignored all of it in pursuit of political capital.

Obasanjo himself has confessed several times in the public that this insecurity started in his regime and that he left those behind it to continue because they didn't disturb his government.
If not Obasanjo, who on earth can ever argue that insecurity of any stage is not a disturbance to his government. I have always said it that Nigeria's problem is not the political class as assumed but the quest for political correctness among the citizens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 2:09pm On May 17
megawealth01:

Looks like it's heading sub 30k. No wahala. I will buy to Naira cost average if it does
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 2:47pm On May 17
Deadlytruth:

By the bolded, you are guilty of the very attitude of not speaking out which you seem to see in others. I can't believe that there are still people with the perception that these problems were not there during the time of Obasanjo which was the time they all actually started and Obasanjo ignored all of it in pursuit of political capital.

Obasanjo himself has confessed several times in the public that this insecurity started in his regime and that he left those behind it to continue because they didn't disturb his government.
If not Obasanjo, who on earth can ever argue that insecurity of any stage is not a disturbance to his government. I have always said it that Nigeria's problem is not the political class as assumed but the quest for political correctness among the citizens.
The only security challenge during obasanjo's era was militancy in the Niger Delta which Yar'Adua government was able to curb. For the records, there was nothing like boko haram, bandits, frequent herdsmen attack, unknown gunmen, IPOB etc during his era. In addition, Obasanjo ensured that the country was almost debt free before leaving the government. Progress in the telecommunication industry we are now enjoying was through his government. Though his government mismanaged about 65% of funds invested in electricity, but we can still see the remaining 35% that was invested in integrated power plants all over the country. If other successive government have been stealing same 65% and investing same 35% in electricity, Nigeria's power problem would have been solved by now.

Note: I am not an obasanjo fan o. I am simply saying it the way I see it.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:26pm On May 17
Princkez:
https://punchng.com/tinubu-okays-payment-of-n3-3tn-power-sector-debts/
1.3trillion goes to gencos while the rest goes to gas companies. It says disbursement had since commenced. Hope its not what shot up the profit if transcorp.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by allabouttolu: 6:09pm On May 17
Guys so today, I was talking to my dad about how I want to start buying stocks and how I'm still learning about the stock market and he told me about how he bought shares in zenith around 2009 and he collected around 5000 naira as dividend that time through post office and then he goes to the bank to collect the money but I think he stopped and forgot about the stock he bought because according to him he had to go through so much stress for 5000 naira. So I'm sure buy now the money would have increased a lot but we don't know how to access it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:15pm On May 17
allabouttolu:
Guys so today, I was talking to my dad about how I want to start buying stocks and how I'm still learning about the stock market and he told me about how he bought shares in zenith around 2009 and he collected around 5000 naira as dividend that time through post office and then he goes to the bank to collect the money but I think he stopped and forgot about the stock he bought because according to him he had to go through so much stress for 5000 naira. So I'm sure buy now the money would have increased a lot but we don't know how to access it.

ositadima1:

I don't think you can with a website. But if you want to know if she had other stocks. This works if she was not registered for e-dividend:

http://sec.gov.ng/non-mandated/

Or if you have her details you can register as her at cscs
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 7:47pm On May 17
allabouttolu:

The process is now simplified. All he has to is find a broker with online access and dematerialized the shares if the shares is still in paper form. Then fill e-dividend mandate and be receiving the dividend straight to his bank.

You can check the website posted by @ositadima above first to confirmation then you can also contact Veritas Registrars / CSCS for his details incase it is misplaced.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:27pm On May 17
So MRS is delisting at today's opening price of 135.
Na waa oh. Them no fit add small something. Everybody just stingy this period.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 8:31pm On May 17
Mpeace:
So MRS is delisting at today's opening price of 135.
Na waa oh. Them no fit add small something. Everybody just stingy this period.

What is prompting this delisting
Ardova delisted now folkowed by mrs
I heavily invested in petroleum marketing and im not happy about this

Very soon i believe eterna will follow suit
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 8:56pm On May 17
There are many 'theories'.
The fact that the IOCs who play by the books are leaving the scene makes it easier for the LOC to 'flourish'. There is more than enough money (clean or otherwise) for private investments... wink
Likewise, I believe that some of them might be feeling the brunt of subsidy removal because they can no longer manipulate figures to get free subsidy payouts.

Anyway, I really hope OandO remains public...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 9:21pm On May 17
KarlTom:
There are many 'theories'.
The fact that the IOCs who play by the books are leaving the scene makes it easier for the LOC to 'flourish'. There is more than enough money (clean or otherwise) for private investments... wink
Likewise, I believe that some of them might be feeling the brunt of subsidy removal because they can no longer manipulate figures to get free subsidy payouts.

Anyway, I really hope OandO remains public...
Wale should not mess up
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 10:34pm On May 17
megawealth01:

I am bullish on it. At least 15% upside from today's closing price in the short term.

**DD as always.
Currently one of the stocks in my portfolio.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 11:35pm On May 17
Amin smiley
SonofElElyonRet:

Wale should not mess up
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 12:13am On May 18
ndept:
The only security challenge during obasanjo's era was militancy in the Niger Delta which Yar'Adua government was able to curb. For the records, there was nothing like boko haram, bandits, frequent herdsmen attack, unknown gunmen, IPOB etc during his era. In addition, Obasanjo ensured that the country was almost debt free before leaving the government. Progress in the telecommunication industry we are now enjoying was through his government. Though his government mismanaged about 65% of funds invested in electricity, but we can still see the remaining 35% that was invested in integrated power plants all over the country. If other successive government have been stealing same 65% and investing same 35% in electricity, Nigeria's power problem would have been solved by now.

Note: I am not an obasanjo fan o. I am simply saying it the way I see it.

So Obasanjo lies against himself each time he says that Boko Haram started during his administration but that he left them to have a field day because they didn't disturb his government? It seems you know Obasanjo more than he knows himself? Are you aware that till today Obasanjo is sympathetic to Boko Haram? You never heard he once visited Boko Haram national headquarters, apologized to them for his successors' offensive against them, and offered them a cash gift of up to N1m over which the members there present had a sharing disagreement and one of them was shot dead by the others?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/boko-haram-visit-obasanjos-host-shot-dead/amp/

Please be informed that what we now know as Fulani Herdsmen and Bandits are all disguised forms of Boko Haram which Obasanjo acknowledges began in his time. Also note that unknown gunmen and IPOB are offshoots of MASSOB another Obasanjo legacy. How come Yaradua solved Niger Delta militancy yet it outlived his tenure?

Debt forgiveness which Obasanjo got is not same as debt repayment. Had Obasanjo actually repaid our debts, then you could call it an achievement.

The coming of Mobile telecommunication had its beginning in the Abacha administration.

Could you be specific about the integrated power plants Obasanjo invested in? Your theory that power sector challenges could have been addressed by a situation of every successive government utilizing 35% of funds and stealing the 65% balance is a veiled rationalization of abuse of office. Why then is Obasanjo walking free of EFCC harassment while governors who spend even more than 35% of budgeted funds in the respective state ministries and looting the rest are on EFCC's trail?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:26am On May 18
Growing up, I learned about the world through experiences I acquired from observations, learning from others - some factual and some not - and then through assumptions. The assumption part I heavily relied on was something similar to reading a novel and being too lazy to use the dictionary to confirm the meaning of some words, instead using context clues.

Many people are still doing the same thing. The problem with assumptions is that we develop opinions and beliefs that lack a solid base. Such laziness is worrisome, especially now that it has become easier to confirm our bases through abundant freely available resources.

This problem is so common that you see people arguing confidently with very wrong premises; they simply never took the time to check if what they believed in so strongly has any reality to it. It is very scary. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 7:27am On May 18
KayOn1:

I am bullish on it. At least 15% upside from today's closing price in the short term.

**DD as always.

But it's been having lower lows for a while so even if it rallies up by 15% (Which is a lower high as it's also been doing), it's likely to retrace below last low except they come up with some good news. I bought at around 40k. Hope I'm wrong
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by deharbay: 7:35am On May 18
Can you recommend anyone please?

The process is now simplified. All he has to is find a broker with online access and dematerialized the shares if the shares is still in paper form. Then fill e-dividend mandate and be receiving the dividend straight to his bank.

You can check the website posted by @ositadima above first to confirmation then you can also contact Veritas Registrars / CSCS for his details incase it is misplaced.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 7:50am On May 18
deharbay:
Can you recommend anyone please?

Personally, I use Morgan Capital Securities Limited as my broker and they are fine by me. Investment One, Meristem, United Capital, Stanbic IBTC Stock Brokers etc are also well talked about here. So you can look them up check whichever one feel comfortable with.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by allabouttolu: 8:13am On May 18
I've gotten the details from the link but I don't know how to proceed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:47am On May 18
allabouttolu:
I've gotten the details from the link but I don't know how to proceed

emmasoft:

For any shares to be sold, it must first be dematerialized - the process of converting your holdings in a company into an electronic form.

The first thing to do is open a cscs/stock account and then submit your certificate to the stockbroker who then process it through the registrar and it will be domiciled into your cscs account; with your shares in cscs, you can issue a sale order to your broker to sell and in 3 days you get your cash into your bank account or you can do the selling yourself for a stockbroking firm that has an online trading platform.

Click the link on my signature to open a cscs/stock account for free with Investment One.
You can call/chat me with the number on my signature if you need further clarification

Mcy56:

Morgan used to respond as fast as you can imagine. Check the mail you sent and be sure you didn't make mistake.
Anyway, you can send mail to :
info@morgancapitalgroup.com

freeman67:

Personally, I use Morgan Capital Securities Limited as my broker and they are fine by me. Investment One, Meristem, United Capital, Stanbic IBTC Stock Brokers etc are also well talked about here. So you can look them up check whichever one feel comfortable with.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 9:47am On May 18
Deadlytruth:

So Obasanjo lies against himself each time he says that Boko Haram started during his administration but that he left them to have a field day because they didn't disturb his government? It seems you know Obasanjo more than he knows himself? Are you aware that till today Obasanjo is sympathetic to Boko Haram? You never heard he once visited Boko Haram national headquarters, apologized to them for his successors' offensive against them, and offered them a cash gift of up to N1m over which the members there present had a sharing disagreement and one of them was shot dead by the others?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/boko-haram-visit-obasanjos-host-shot-dead/amp/

Please be informed that what we now know as Fulani Herdsmen and Bandits are all disguised forms of Boko Haram which Obasanjo acknowledges began in his time. Also note that unknown gunmen and IPOB are offshoots of MASSOB another Obasanjo legacy. How come Yaradua solved Niger Delta militancy yet it outlived his tenure?

Debt forgiveness which Obasanjo got is not same as debt repayment. Had Obasanjo actually repaid our debts, then you could call it an achievement.

The coming of Mobile telecommunication had its beginning in the Abacha administration.

Could you be specific about the integrated power plants Obasanjo invested in? Your theory that power sector challenges could have been addressed by a situation of every successive government utilizing 35% of funds and stealing the 65% balance is a veiled rationalization of abuse of office. Why then is Obasanjo walking free of EFCC harassment while governors who spend even more than 35% of budgeted funds in the respective state ministries and looting the rest are on EFCC's trail?
I may not know the problems you have with obasanjo though, that his name sound like a poison to you. He lives in Otta, so you can take your grievances to his doorstep please. I don't have energy to waste on Obasanjo's issue. Data don't lie. Ask yourself this questions: how many people were killed by boko haram/other insurgencies during obasanjo's era? close to none. What is the debt burden of Nigeria when Obasanjo left the government? Around 2.5 billion dollars, compared to over 80 billion dollars now. As for telecommunication, how many Nigerians were using mobile telecommunication during the Abacha government you quoted (not up to 0.3% of the population) and how many of the service provider do we have in Nigeria then? None.

All I know is that obasanjo left a good economy more than all the other governments we have had since then (Beside Yar'Adua government). As for the power plants, you can view the link below:
https://punchng.com/obasanjos-8bn-power-plants-helping-nigeria-minister/
https://nairametrics.com/2023/03/27/list-of-independent-power-plants-operating-in-nigeria/

I rest my case on this issue. This platform is for stock related and not Obasanjo/politics. Enjoy your weekend.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:11am On May 18
KayOn1:

**DD as always.

I don't recommend insurance stocks anyways
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:12am On May 18
maishai:

What is prompting this delisting
Ardova delisted now folkowed by mrs
I heavily invested in petroleum marketing and im not happy about this

Very soon i believe eterna will follow suit

And OANDO won't delist? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:20am On May 18
smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 12:52pm On May 18
megawealth01:

And OANDO won't delist? grin

Oando delisting would be more controversial and would likely trigger stricter conditions and oversight from SEC. Ardova and MRS had been paying dividends consistently. Oando has not in the almost 10 years, hence all eyes would be on them.
I think the SEC would not let them go scot free. Remember the SEC only had to lift their sanctions on Oando after some protracted battle and compromise negotiations. Oando would not be allowed to delist without meeting some reasonable conditions.
Fortunately, SEC has proved itself In rejecting and refusing some companies from delisting in recent times
Oando can still delist eventually, but the price would be higher than the offer price and current market price..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7775) (7776) (7777) (7778) (7779) (7780) (7781) ... (7798) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: egwue, Zagee, crownprince2017, kdaddy and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.