Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10883342 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7245) (7246) (7247) (7248) (7249) (7250) (7251) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:39am On Sep 11, 2023
emmasoft:

GTCO and Zenith will always try to match themselves when it comes to dividends generally.

Both are really competing seriously in the game of returns per share. From the mid year reports the following EPS were recorded
GTCO = N 9.94
Zenith = N 9.29

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:43am On Sep 11, 2023
Labdi69:
I noticed that whenever i buy shares on the Meritrade platform, the price paid is always higher than the last quoted price i saw, leading to automatic initial loss. Is this normal?

Rounded up to a whole percent 2% is charged. Hence if stock price is N100. You will be charged N102 rounded off to the largest whole number. The real charge is actually less that 2% just trying to make it simple to understand. That's why I rounded it to the higher whole number.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:44am On Sep 11, 2023
yMcy56:
E Ku Market o. smiley

F.u.g.a.z. on pullback........
Guess people are afraid because of the FX loss recorded by Unity..... smiley
Opportunity for bargainers to take position.......

OANDO: Full bid @8.45......

* UBA, ACCESS results may likely be out this week......

Thanks for the update ymcy56

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by crownprince2017: 11:46am On Sep 11, 2023
Mcy did recommend oando for buy now?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:09pm On Sep 11, 2023
crownprince2017:
Mcy did recommend oando for buy now?
Na wa o. grin
If you follow my posts in relations to this you would have known my stand on it......and I even mentioned that I'll risk some due to some controversies on some of the news on Oando's purchase of AGIP. lipsrsealed

I thought you said you risked some before?

As it is now, you may just have to follow your mind o. Risk it with the amount you can afford to lose should it go back to below 7.
OANDO has around 50/50% chances .......the possibility that it might attract more attention is there, possibility of going back to below 7 or continue going up to around 15.........and some of the risks involved had been highlighted in some of the posts.

Why not consider NASCON too?
It's been selling around 54/55 today, and if it goes down more, the better.....
* Currently on pullback......closed on 52.20...

As a newbie, concentrate higher % of your portfolio on dividend paying stocks that are fundamentally sound.......while you play the other stocks with small %.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 12:10pm On Sep 11, 2023
Labdi69:
I noticed that whenever i buy shares on the Meritrade platform, the price paid is always higher than the last quoted price i saw, leading to automatic initial loss. Is this normal?
make sure you use price limit then add thrr commission. They should be sending you contract note which shows the break down to your mail.You can demand that if they are not doing it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:12pm On Sep 11, 2023
BabsO2:

Both are really competing seriously in the game of returns per share. From the mid year reports the following EPS were recorded
GTCO = N 9.94
Zenith = N 9.29
So Gtb has overtaken Zenith eps

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
make sure you use price limit then add thrr commission. They should be sending you contract note which shows the break down to your mail.You can demand that if they are not doing it

That's true. If price limit is not used. The broker can use his discretion to even buy at the highest price for the day.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 12:18pm On Sep 11, 2023
Mpeace:
So Gtb has overtaken Zenith eps

That's what the half year per share says in their reports.

But in terms of Bank size, Zenith is about double the size of GTCO based on Financials.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2023
Labdi69:
Your buying charges has been factored into the cost price, hence the reason you saw that the cost price is higher than the amount you picked it on the floor.

In Morgan, you will see another column that specify your "selling charges" as well as your "break-even price"...........meaning, your selling price has also been factored into the cost of selling, which if you sell at that "break-even price" or above, amount realized is your profit.

* Just used Morgan as example, I don't know if it's similar for Meristem too*

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
BabsO2:

That's what the half year per share says in their reports.

But in terms of Bank size, Zenith is about double the size of GTCO based on Financials.
Lets wait for Access and see all the huge charges they have been taking from customers will reflect on their result.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Labdi69: 12:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
BabsO2:

Rounded up to a whole percent 2% is charged. Hence if stock price is N100. You will be charged N102 rounded off to the largest whole number. The real charge is actually less that 2% just trying to make it simple to understand. That's why I rounded it to the higher whole number.

Very clear. Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Labdi69: 12:35pm On Sep 11, 2023
Streetinvestor2:

Oh wow I didn’t even know that’s what the price limit is for. Will do next time. Thanks soo much

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yoast: 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2023
Someone sold millions of units of Transcorp all the way down to 6.07 naira. But the price is back to 6.48. Those rushing out should quickly do so we can resume our upward journey.. This is the new Transcorp destined to make us proud

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2023
Mpeace:
Lets wait for Access and see all the huge charges they have been taking from customers will reflect on their result.
Access na till around possibly month end
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/39397_ACCESS_HOLDINGS_PLC-ACCESS_HOLDINGS_PLC_-_DELAY_IN_PUBLICATION_OF_2023_H1_ACCOUNTS_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_SEPTEMBER_2023.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 1:00pm On Sep 11, 2023
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/Northern_Nigeria_Flour_Mills_Q1_June_2023.pdf

This is good result from NNFM. Let me put it in my radar.

Their business size looks small. Their profit will just be +/- N1b
Do they have prospect for growth ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:15pm On Sep 11, 2023
FBNH
Done with pullback.....

This ZENITH na one wahala stock........after release of result they'll start dumping, and they will still come back for it...... smiley
Down to 34.80......now @35, let's see how it goes....

UBA from 13.80......to 14.30.....Back to 13.80....
SUGAR @60, Salt @54......so far....

* Today's market red small, banking especially......we see how it goes tomorrow again....

** Not any form of advice**
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zwhite: 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2023
Where is the dumping of stock coming from, any news?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megamart247(m): 1:32pm On Sep 11, 2023
I have a spare cash of #8m
Which stock can I invest in NSE.?
My time frame is 3months.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 1:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
yMcy56:
FBNH
Done with pullback.....

This ZENITH na one wahala stock........after release of result they'll start dumping, and they will still come back for it...... smiley
Down to 34.80......now @35, let's see how it goes....

UBA from 13.80......to 14.30.....
SUGAR @60, Salt @54......so far....

** Not any form of advice**

This Zenith is what i do not understand. profit doubled and dumping increased.
This defies both fundamental and technical.
Is this the example of Nigeria stock exchange has a mind of its own?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2023
SPARE MONEY FOR 3 MONTHS.
You have to play safe with your stock picks. Hope its not money that can get you in trouble if it drops value (worst case) before the selling?

megamart247:
I have a spare cash of #8m
Which stock can I invest in NSE.?
My time frame is 3months.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 2:05pm On Sep 11, 2023
jideflash:
You have to play safe with your stock picks. Hope its not money that can get you in trouble if it drops value (worst case) before the selling?

If he had come three months ago he would have gotten into DANG SUGAR and NASCON.Well let our people shed light and advise on the way forward

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lannyjoe4u: 2:05pm On Sep 11, 2023
Byr
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megamart247(m): 2:06pm On Sep 11, 2023
jideflash:

It's part of the profit I booked from NSE this year. I'm looking for where to hide it or has the generational low started?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megamart247(m): 2:11pm On Sep 11, 2023
sterlingD:

If he had come three months ago he would have gotten into DANG SUGAR and NASCON.

The #8m is actually part of the profit I made from OANDO, Transcorp & UBA rally . That's why I'm now looking for stocks thats yet to rally.

I need well meaning contribution from everyone. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 2:14pm On Sep 11, 2023
oh ok. i dont know for the generational lows. As a value investor, i prefer mid - long term targets. I see good future for the cement industry with the minister's declaration for concrete road as the choice standard. Bounty harvest for the Top Tier banks, but will be one-off based on the FX revaluation. I will rather compare operating numbers of 2022 with 2023, and not will the fx gain.

Due Diligence is Key. Know your Numbers.

Short term can be a gamble

megamart247:

It's part of the profit I booked from NSE this year. I'm looking for where to hide it or has the generational low started?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:14pm On Sep 11, 2023
vacanci:
Traditionally, that's how ZENITH behaves......
Has nothing to do with the fundamentals......
After dumping, they most likely come back for it again...
Yes, we could say it's example of a market having its own mind......

That's the more reason it's good to define your investment objectives, so you won't be joining in jumping upandan about...

After the dumping, it will stabilize again......
We are not in generational low yet......from the look of things..... smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 2:16pm On Sep 11, 2023
vacanci:

I think some TA guys have already told us to be cautious with the banks looking at the banking index .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:22pm On Sep 11, 2023
Some NASCON gotten @53.65, 52.25 today.....
Some will rush out blindly and regret the action.....
Some will be booking profits.......
More of trader's activities...
It's well.

We see how tomorrow goes again....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yoast: 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2023
Blood day on NGX. Reasons unknown. Let's see how tomorrow goes

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by agbanimu11: 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2023
BUA Foods Plc AGM holds on 14/09/2023 @ 11am. Div. N4.50k. Click https:///Notice_of_BUA_Foods_AGM for Notice of Meeting, https:///2022_Annual_Report_BUA_Foods_Plc for annual report & https:///Proxy_Form_for_BUA_Foods_Plc_AGM for proxy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7245) (7246) (7247) (7248) (7249) (7250) (7251) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Pesuzok(m), RichEstate(m), KarlTom, LordAdam16, sophy17(m), Justcul(m), sterlingD(m), maishai, unite4real, beejay1(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.