Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,387 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10898510 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7281) (7282) (7283) (7284) (7285) (7286) (7287) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 5:27am On Sep 28, 2023
crownprince2017:
What do you guys think about the below calculated intrinsic value of access bank? Comments will be welcome.

Fundamental analysis like this on any stocks is always subjective and prone to errors. Data used are your own personal data. My advice on fundamental analysis like this, is to dig for different fundamental analysis like your own from different analysts, say about five and take the average

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:47am On Sep 28, 2023
crownprince2017:
What do you guys think about the below calculated intrinsic value of access bank? Comments will be welcome.

Good job. I can see you used the revised Ben Graham formula for determining the intrinsic value of a stock. The initial formula was

V= EPS(8.5+2g)

Warren Buffett introduced using the interest rate to discount or give a premium to the value

You should also learn to adapt whatever you read to Nigeria.
Use 12% as the expected coupon on a 10 year FGN bond and divide it by the current yield on a 10 year FGN bond which now roughly 14%.

Instead of the 4.4% and 5.2.9% which you used. Warren Buffett suggested 4.4% because that is average yield on a 10 year AAA corporate bond, that is not feasible in Nigeria

I also prefer using the average 5 years EPS.

This formula is just one of the numerous formulas and it is reliable.

I think valuation should be the last thing when looking at a stock, although valuation is very important.

Things to look at are

1. Profitability

2. Earning quality and debt

3. Valuation

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:52am On Sep 28, 2023
essentialone:
I no get problem with people wey dey Nigeria wey dey plan to relocate abroad.

I only get problem with people wey dey abroad wey dey plan to relocate back to Nigeria.

Dem be real ozuo.

Different strokes for different folks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 7:03am On Sep 28, 2023
Coolcash1:

Yeah I know it has potential to run and might not even trade below N1 again if it’s Q3 result is good which is why I need Mr market to do it’s thing… grin

Anyone who is planning to ride a bull should do that this week and next week if not, you will miss out especially the fast lane stocks.
Some Stocks to watch out in this Q3 are Transcorp, Japaul, conerstone, chams, caverton, mansard,sunu, linkage, etc.
Insurance sector has done very well in figures in the last 6 months.I think Q3 bull will start from that sector.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 7:14am On Sep 28, 2023
ProphetUtuocha:
https://nairametrics.com/2023/09/27/oando-partners-government-for-sustainable-transport-initiative-in-nigerias-most-populous-city/

Oando remains the company to watch. I am very, very bullish on this company. I am firmly anchored in the Oando flight; and surely after the exit of the hasty profit takers, Oando will fly and fly to the amazement of the skeptics. DYDD.

Delisting or not delisting, if delisting then at what price, 7.07 or less/higher. This is the major issue and risk factor sorrounding OANDO at the moment.
The bullish prospects may have arguably been well known already.
I am in the high risk bus with this high risk in mind.
Anyone in the bus should also bear this risk in mind.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 7:31am On Sep 28, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 8:06am On Sep 28, 2023
sky2891:

Delisting or not delisting, if delisting then at what price, 7.07 or less higher. This is the major issue and risk factor sorrounding OANDO at the moment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Buzochi: 9:02am On Sep 28, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:06am On Sep 28, 2023
Make una allow OANDO rest joor... Only gamblers trade it at the moment... I've always said that... Listening to Pete or any other person on Oando na OYO grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 9:24am On Sep 28, 2023
No go dey use your hard earned money to gamble in a race to become overnight millionaires. Learn value investing and let that strategy control 80% of your holdings, while you expirement with just a little that you can afford to lose.

Anyone blaming anybody here over Oando na complete mumu and can easily fall for scams like mmm. This is because you refuse to research on your investment. Never buy a business you dont understand. Never buy a company that has no financial result to study.

Please lets drop this oando palaver and focus on serious companies that are transparent and have verifiable value.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 9:46am On Sep 28, 2023
megawealth01:
Make una allow OANDO rest joor... Only gamblers trade it at the moment... I've always said that... Listening to Pete or any other person on Oando na OYO grin
When I was learning how to trade on nse, my then analogue stockbroker advised me to sell any stock that gain 50% in my portfolio. In the case of oando, the coy gained about 200% from the time Peterichy highlighted it here. If you ask me I will say kudos to Peterichy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 10:05am On Sep 28, 2023
PETERiCHY:

The last DIVIDEND I got from OANDO was in 2015.
30k +70k =#1.00k That's 8ys ago.

SOME of us have BEING in this GAME for almost 25ys and do PERCEIVE what will LIKELY HAPPEN from AFAR.

WALE TINUBU can't GIVE you ANYTHING on a PLATTER of GOLD in order words OANDO will go PLACES but not on a PLATTER of GOLD.

FOOD 4 THOUGHT only for those their THINKING FACULTY is still functioning PROPERLY .

As for the UNSCRUPULOUS ELEMENTS that wants to become RICH OVERNIGHT with their PEANUTS their case is IRREDEEMABLE.

"BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE'!

I don't think there is anything bad in your trading philosophy;you believe in multiplying your money in a short time by taking great risk(I mean buying stocks like Oando and Japaul).

From my little knowledge and experience,I believe it is far safer to trade by buying dividends paying equities.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Curry30: 10:07am On Sep 28, 2023
Has anyone been able to log into meritrade (web version) morning?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by drotba(m): 10:15am On Sep 28, 2023
Curry30:
Has anyone been able to log into meritrade (web version) morning?

Yes.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 10:41am On Sep 28, 2023
The equity price of United Bank For Africa was adjusted today 28th of September 2023 for a dividend of 50k as recommended by the company Board of Directors. The last close price was N17.20 while the Ex-div price is N16.70

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bennyflipy(m): 11:17am On Sep 28, 2023
Frangel:

I modified my post.
By tomorrow morning T+3, your money has 'settled' with your broker (I assume normal NGX-registered brokers. I don't know how fintechs operate).
Apply to withdraw and they should be able to credit your bank account tomorrow (now it's dependent on their internal processes).
T+1(if applicable) is now your broker's internal design.

Till now this people are yet to credit my bank account since on Tuesday that I requested for withdrawal.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by crownprince2017: 11:54am On Sep 28, 2023
Mcy, what do u think about fidelity? Will it likely to go down or this is the opportunity to key in..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 11:54am On Sep 28, 2023
bennyflipy:

Till now this people are yet to credit my bank account since on Tuesday that I requested for withdrawal.
Review your account balance today
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 12:06pm On Sep 28, 2023
To all those in OANDO bus, both newbies and oldies, there is no need to fret or fume. While I myself am not in the bus courtesy of its unpredictability as well as TRANSCORP's as I have always maintained here, I am strongly of the belief that the good figures we see (genuine or cooked up) in the last quarterly result will, together with the average Nigerian's sentiment that a major interest in it is now the occupant of Aso Rock and head of some cabal, push it back up in few weeks or even days from now provided the delisting plan doesn't succeed.
Those of us who have been in this market for over 20 years now can remember vividly how the knowledge of Obasanjo being a major interest in TRANSCORP as sitting president supported the price of the stock at N7+ throughout his incumbency despite its not too attractive fundamentals back then

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:15pm On Sep 28, 2023
crownprince2017:
Mcy, what do u think about fidelity? Will it likely to go down or this is the opportunity to key in..
PM replied already.
Try and be checking your mails.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 12:33pm On Sep 28, 2023
bennyflipy:

This now depends on their internal processes. Some are more efficient than others.
It's advisable to make withdrawal request early morning so it can be processed with the early batches.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2023
This PRESCO forecast looks good. It will sustain current dividends payment comfortably with lots of change when it materializes in the 2023 audited end year report.
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/142_Presco_PLC_Fourth_Quarter_Forecast.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by crownprince2017: 12:46pm On Sep 28, 2023
yMcy56:

PM replied already.
Try and be checking your mails.
Am yet to receive the email
crownprince2017@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:52pm On Sep 28, 2023
BabsO2:
This PRESCO forecast looks good. It will sustain current dividends payment comfortably with lots of change when it materializes in the 2023 audited end year report.
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/142_Presco_PLC_Fourth_Quarter_Forecast.pdf

EPS of N25.00 is very possible for 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2023
Buy one, get 5... grin
What has changed?
Is the Erisco lady here?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:04pm On Sep 28, 2023
Hello everyone,

Please can anyone help me with the Regulatory Filing May & Baker missed(is missing)? Noticed a brokers platform giving a prompt that the company missed a regulatory filing if trying to place an order.

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 1:06pm On Sep 28, 2023
undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 1:10pm On Sep 28, 2023
angry
You can't make a good deal above a delisting price... angry

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 1:38pm On Sep 28, 2023
DeRugge :-XdProf:
angry
You can't make a good deal above a delisting price... angry

“Let the poor breathe. Don’t suffocate them”-PBAT lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 1:52pm On Sep 28, 2023
Oando seem to be on a journey to 3naira....looks like it's being intentionally sold down perhaps to make a lower exit bargain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EDUECO(m): 2:00pm On Sep 28, 2023
moneymanager:
undecided
UBA
Access Bank
Zenith Bank
GTBANk
Fidelity Bank

The above are the kind of stocks newbies should buy if they want to make good money not stocks like Oando and other mediocre equities.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by crownprince2017: 2:01pm On Sep 28, 2023
Anything agriculture am In, especially that presco business, Its very easy to understand.

I do storage of agricultural products alot, I know how juicy it's, except if management do wayo...

Pls Mr Emma, kindly help with good entry price too.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7281) (7282) (7283) (7284) (7285) (7286) (7287) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sky2891, spido(m), ogoo4real, Stan2330(m), drotba(m), Hajicairo(m), eziokwunwoko(m), EDUECO(m), ositadima1(m), phemmie06(m), Laso09, 222Martins(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.