Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10898163 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7280) (7281) (7282) (7283) (7284) (7285) (7286) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Banks with healthy balance sheets paid dividends oooooo
lol,
The lesson from my earlier post was that it is not adviceable for people to put 100% of their fund in one stock, with or without due diligence. How Skye bank investors loose 100% of their investment was used as an example.
Yes the bank was not fundamentally sound but buying Afribank generated some level of confidence around the investing public that the bank is still financially strong, ready to go places, only for the bank to go to hell in few weeks. grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2023
Good day brother and sister, peter never put a gun on anyone Head to buy OandO

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2023
agbanimu11:
Good afternoon great investors, please when will NAHCO and transcorp likely to release their 2023 Q3 results?
next month
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2023
edwardaigb:
exactly
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2023
Coolcash1:
I need CUTIX at N2.40 and JAPAUL at N0.70 to re-enter…

Big caps

MTN @N200, GTB @N25, NESTLE @ N700 and SEPLAT @ N1,200 to enable me load up!

Where are the bears?

Still waiting patiently for the big boys to drop to my value zone… Miracle no dey tire Jesus …. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2023
Coolcash1:

Still waiting patiently for the big boys to drop to my value zone… Miracle no dey tire Jesus …. grin

For Japaul, Q3 is almost here.
It did 0.81 few days ago and now consolidating .I don't think it will attain your 70kobo region.The stock has done well in 2023 in financials and expected to finish strong.I am among those repurchasing what we sold in the last bull run.Good luck to you if you can get Japaul at 70kobo before or after Q3 result.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2023
Reading through some posts from the past few days and I can't help but wonder why some persons lead the kind of life they do.
Over 80% of discussion, mostly bouts of condemnation centered around just one coy-- OANDO.
Strangely, some of these condemnation were put out by the same crop of persons who had previously eulogized the same asset but now masquerading as different individuals with divergent view just so they can once again, "plant the needed seed" to foster their ill-intentioned motive and drive the actualization of their goals.

The problem is that some persons think the way to make money in the market is through deception, but they forget that God is not asleep and that there are always consequences for every action, especially when they're unwholesome!
We all will "stew from our own juice"!
I have always maintained that one can make money from the market without indulging in these unscrupulous acts.

To the good fellows here and those who genuinely try to help others, I salute you!
To those who lead the opposite lifestyle, it's not too late to effect a CHANGE... better now than later.
There's more to life than riches and even much more to it than the desire/quest to want to live it in a clandestine and indecent way. (remember the biblical story of the rich man)
To those who may have falling victim (not those who pretend to... just so they can continue to process their shenanigans), it's time to LEARN THE ROPES and clearly DEFINE your PERSONALITY and INVESTMENT OBJECTIVE.

I also talked about OANDO... highlighting its turnaround stance (1st @ N4+ and later @ below N8) and value accretive potential to push up to btw N20--25, assuming the likely scenario it reneges on her initially proposed MTO in view of current realities.
But even then, I also mentioned that price will at some point respect technicals (nothing moves in a straight line), hence my advice for folks to see it as a MID-TERM PLAY.

Saying that it's extremely important to define ones investment personality and goals should already be taken for granted.
Is your preference skewed towards being an INVESTOR, a TRADER or BOTH?
...whatever you decide on shouldn't be cast in stone but open to change (be flexible) since a lot will often depend on your person (age, risk tolerance etc), certain key factors (asset health, macro-economic surrounding, projections etc) and set out investment objectives which are broadly variable components.
In retrospect, you can be an investor today, a trader tomorrow and both every other day. ...Just ensure to know WHO YOU ARE and WHAT EXACTLY YOU WANT out of the market at any given time.

Let me help with a brief guide:

Hear this; the difference between INVESTING and TRADING is in the ability to better manage your CONVICTION as against the market MOMENTUM at any given time.
The interpretation of this is that unless you have a strong/unwavering CONVICTION on the matter of an investment security, do not invest... and until you can effectively interpret and represent the MOMENTUM surrounding that process, don't trade.
Put differently, you need to find out if you have the CONVICTION before investing in an asset and how the market participants/players bargain for an asset (Momentum or psychological component) before trading it.
Needless to state that both lines require you to have at least a basic knowledge of fundamental and technical know-how.

In principle, investing is how well you can process that conviction over time. (Investing= Conviction x time) while Trading is how well you can process the mkt momentum/trend with time. (Trading= Momentum x time)

But then again, they both have something in common, which is of even greater importance.
Notice how both act involves the 4-latter word-- TIME. (though often at varying degrees depending on the asset play)
So by implication, what you need is first; a strong THOUGHT PROCESS to get started with both act... and then, a PLAN/STRATEGY to see through that process. (timeframe)
Now this might sound simple but its really not that easy to pull off.

The KEY?
It's what I call the "R.E.A.P" principle.

First you need to be READY;
This is the point where you define and redefine yourself as already highlighted in the previous paragraphs.
Questions like; is playing in the financial markets really the path for me? Am I truly ready for this course?... are critical.

Next, be EAGER;
Here's the part about human capital development. Educate yourself, learn, relearn and keep learning to acquire the needed "tools" that can help you navigate the financial market terrain.

Next, remain ASTUTE;
The financial market needs you to be dogged!
There's an art & science to it so you will make mistakes. But it's ok! ...the most pivotal thing are the lessons that come from those mistakes since they're what will shape your experiences, and drive the results.
So embrace your mistakes and failures. ...for they are actually the necessary "rudiments" you need to help you become better.

And finally, PERSEVERE!

Note that this does not mean that you should delve into too many complexities. Just keep it simple, but tidy!
Then you can fine-tune things for suitability (again peculiar to your investment personality and goals) as you grow... and watch things begin to fall in place naturally!

Hopefully then, you won't have to fall prey to any feckless element or blame others when things don't go your way.
You will begin to take responsibility for your actions and inactions and better navigate the financial markets.

Selah

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2023
Coolcash1:
I need CUTIX at N2.40 and JAPAUL at N0.70 to re-enter…

Big caps

MTN @N200, GTB @N25, NESTLE @ N700 and SEPLAT @ N1,200 to enable me load up!

Where are the bears?

Dat Seplat go dey diffilcult..
Cos of quarterly dividend... grin
Oil is bullish... cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2023
Good evening sir Onegentleguy.
1.What is your analysis on Berger Paint.
2. What is your opinion on likely timing of Dangote Foods merger Completion .
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2023
edwardaigb:

Peter is only consolidating his reputation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by agbanimu11: 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2023
Good evening great investors, please kindly help to explain in detail, how many time do companies In NGX release their financial statements/results in a year? What months, in respect to FY, Q1, Q2,Q3 and Q4 . Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by agbanimu11: 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2023
Because I'm still novice to trading
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 5:49pm On Sep 27, 2023
PETERiCHY:

Watchout for #16.50k barrier. That was their last right issue price done in 2014. Most will alight at target which will bring some turbulence afterwards up we go

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!!

Out of our church mind we MADE the above POST on SEPTEMBER 17th to forewarned people to apply CAUTIOUS @#16.50k junction but the NEVER DO WELL feign IGNORANCE of the post and are still looking for THOSE to blame for their PENURIES.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:06pm On Sep 27, 2023
"There are basically 2 great days in a person's life;
The day you were born, and the day you discover why you were born!
In the Stock market, that 'discovery' is tantamount to knowing why you are where you are and having a sound reason for been there.
...for if you do not know why you are in the market, then you probably won't know why you should succeed in it."

~Sinclair

"In assessing your level of investment journey and collective goal, study your PERSONALITY during an uptrend and the PSYCHOLOGY of the market players when prices are going down.
...doing the reverse is probably why there are more participants who suffer insomnia than there are winners in the stock market."

~Sinclair

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 6:24pm On Sep 27, 2023
EDUECO:
Oando is a mediocre company!

No consistent dividend in the past 5 years.

The last DIVIDEND I got from OANDO was in 2015.
30k +70k =#1.00k That's 8ys ago.

SOME of us have BEING in this GAME for almost 25ys and do PERCEIVE what will LIKELY HAPPEN from AFAR.

WALE TINUBU can't GIVE you ANYTHING on a PLATTER of GOLD in order words OANDO will go PLACES but not on a PLATTER of GOLD.

FOOD 4 THOUGHT only for those their THINKING FACULTY is still functioning PROPERLY .

As for the UNSCRUPULOUS ELEMENTS that wants to become RICH OVERNIGHT with their PEANUTS their case is IRREDEEMABLE.

"BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE'!

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:46pm On Sep 27, 2023
PETERiCHY:

The last DIVIDEND I got from OANDO was in 2015.
30k +70k =#1.00k That's 8ys ago.

SOME of us have BEING in this GAME for almost 25ys and do PERCEIVE what will LIKELY HAPPEN from AFAR.

WALE TINUBU can't GIVE you ANYTHING on a PLATTER of GOLD in order words OANDO will go PLACES but not on a PLATTER of GOLD.

FOOD 4 THOUGHT only for those their THINKING FACULTY is still functioning PROPERLY .

As for the UNSCRUPULOUS ELEMENTS that wants to become RICH OVERNIGHT with their PEANUTS their case is IRREDEEMABLE.

"BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE'!

Chai. This Man.
You are just like NSE. So predictable yet so unpredictable. You have a mind of your own.
Today you are bullish tomorrow you are not.
You be course wey dem suppose dey teach for University.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 7:13pm On Sep 27, 2023
unite4real:

How do you expect an investor who took positions in UCAP and fidelity bank at around N2 few years ago to understand what you just said. The one in UCAP who is still holding will be getting nothing less than 75% dividend yield today and it will get to 100% the moment they started paying dividend of more than N2 per unit. To your tents O' Israel.

It's the growth aspect of stocks I like.

Buying PRESCO at N16 in 2008. Getting a 1 for 1 bonus bringing the effective entry price to N8 since initial purchase.
Collected dividend of N8.8 last year. And already collected another N6 this year. Finding and owning stocks that create value is really nice. They create money for an investor without the need of dumping losses on other investors.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2023
agbanimu11:
Good evening great investors, please kindly help to explain in detail, how many time do companies In NGX release their financial statements/results in a year? What months, in respect to FY, Q1, Q2,Q3 and Q4 . Thanks
You answered part of your questions.

* How many times? 4 times/year.

* Q1: Anytime after March, expect release of Q1 results......the time each quarterly result is released depends on when each Company finalizes it, AND, approval gotten from CBN for Banking stocks.......BUT within 30 to 60 days after end of each quarter.

* For Q2: After June;
Q3: After September;
Q4: After December.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:22pm On Sep 27, 2023
vacanci:
If someone without this information buys today, does that imply he will not be paid the exit price? if so, why dont they just suspend trade on this company immediately.
Anyone that buys after 17th August won't be paid!!
Qualification date clearly stated by the Company.
* One good thing is that it's very illiquid, anyone planning to buy may not even get.......and anyone that gets is O.Y.O.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Melcapital: 7:29pm On Sep 27, 2023
agbanimu11:

Q1, Q2 (H1), Q3 and Q4(FY).

FY is usually the latest to be released (in terms of how soon after the quarter is concluded) for the obvious reason of auditing.
Since Q1 ends in March for instance, reports are usually released in May. Some release the quarterly reports very early, especially because it is unaudited. There are deadlines and the regulation is by the SEC.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 7:41pm On Sep 27, 2023
BabsO2:

It's the growth aspect of stocks I like.

Buying PRESCO at N16 in 2008. Getting a 1 for 1 bonus bringing the effective entry price to N8 since initial purchase.
Collected dividend of N8.8 last year. And already collected another N6 this year. Finding and owning stocks that create value is really nice. They create money for an investor without the need of dumping losses on other investors.

Will banks continue to create value like they did in the last 10 years and sustain their dividend payments. ?
I think this depends on the trajectory of Nigeria's economy. If the economy grows it creates the opportunity for the banks to grow. And for banks invested in other African countries, if those countries grow it will help. But any pull backs could be devastating. Generally Africa should be a growth play as it is under-developed. But with bad leadership this growth may not materialize. That's an area to watch for the long term investor interested in value creation.
Apart from growth from the economy. Each bank will answer for mis-managements and excessive risk taking. One needs a close eye on management.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 7:52pm On Sep 27, 2023
Iamblessed85:

I hope no one listens to this guy anymore on this thread. You and your numerous alternates like Mikeapolo, ProphetUtuocha etc should actually be banned. This is sad.

Now my entire capital is trapped there and loosing value because of you. You didn’t sound like you were guessing when you were promoting it. If only i knew it was for your personal and selfish gains.

I’m sure you also benefit from the posts of genuine people here, why repay them with evil?

Are you new here

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pizapato(m): 9:11pm On Sep 27, 2023
Iamblessed85:

I hope no one listens to this guy anymore on this thread. You and your numerous alternates like Mikeapolo, ProphetUtuocha etc should actually be banned. This is sad.

Now my entire capital is trapped there and loosing value because of you. You didn’t sound like you were guessing when you were promoting it. If only i knew it was for your personal and selfish gains.

I’m sure you also benefit from the posts of genuine people here, why repay them with evil?

pizapato:

You tend to forget that some neophyte take this kind of information as 100% reliable

Too much optimism is a trap in this market.

Na so dem hype Eterna till some people got trapped and continued to average down. Eterna is almost back to the price it was before it took off.

Any smart person will take profit when then can and leave others to continue to ride the bus

Some of us warned and emphasized the need for those that entered low to take profiting and not get carried away by the hype, while point out that it is now too risky for anyone to enter at 16.

I even used Eterna as an example that after pumping is over Oando will likely return back to base.

Oando is probably heading back to circa 7.6, which around where it took off.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 9:45pm On Sep 27, 2023
Locotrader:
Thank God I made myself clear via my new moniker as a trader "Locotrader".
I did this so that my username will judge anyone who tries to condemn any action I take.A trader may value a stock at #20 naira and hype it then decide to exit at #15.He prays for a pullback to re-enter same stock again and ride it simultaneously till the price is actualized.No cause for alarm the oando shareholders.Oando will go above #20 self if delisting is terminalted.The trade set up in oando is still okay from my own very end.People are selling because the court case is near and no one knows what the outcome will be.I will be among those to put money in oando after the court case just for capital appreciation in a short term.

In this context,I didn't see where to blame Peter because I have known him as a trader for a long time now.He will still come back to oando again and hype it.

My advice is anyone who wants to invest should do so in a dividend paying stocks and avoid non dividend paying stocks which are being hijacked by traders to avoid this type of blame.

Know a trader by their actions and know peace.

Investors are patient people.They don't hype stocks.They don't create liquidity in a stock.They rely on dividends and also average down when they see a pullback.

In this type of Oando situation, One could have make unlimited profit if options market have been activated.

Just buy STRADDLE OR STRANGLE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 10:01pm On Sep 27, 2023
Good evening Mr customstreet.
Please explain youranalysis of Berger Paint.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by crownprince2017: 10:05pm On Sep 27, 2023
What do you guys think about the below calculated intrinsic value of access bank? Comments will be welcome.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 10:05pm On Sep 27, 2023
I no get problem with people wey dey Nigeria wey dey plan to relocate abroad.

I only get problem with people wey dey abroad wey dey plan to relocate back to Nigeria.

Dem be real ozuo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by agbanimu11: 11:49pm On Sep 27, 2023
[quote author=yMcy56 post=126058891]
You answered part of your questions.

* How many times? 4 times/year.

* Q1: Anytime after March, expect release of Q1 results......the time each quarterly result is released depends on when each Company finalizes it, AND, approval gotten from CBN for Banking stocks.......BUT within 30 to 60 days after end of each quarter.

* For Q2: After June;
Q3: After September;
Q4: After December.

Thanks. Now I understand
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ProphetUtuocha: 2:54am On Sep 28, 2023
https://nairametrics.com/2023/09/27/oando-partners-government-for-sustainable-transport-initiative-in-nigerias-most-populous-city/

Oando remains the company to watch. I am very, very bullish on this company. I am firmly anchored in the Oando flight; and surely after the exit of the hasty profit takers, Oando will fly and fly to the amazement of the skeptics. DYDD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 5:03am On Sep 28, 2023
customstreet:

In this type of Oando situation, One could have make unlimited profit if options market have been activated.

Just buy STRADDLE OR STRANGLE

Or also if they allow Short selling. For instance, for someone like me, I would have made a kill when the trend changed from uptrend to downtrend… grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 5:17am On Sep 28, 2023
Locotrader:

For Japaul, grin ; ;DDQ3 is almost here.
It did 0.81 few days ago and now consolidating .I don't think it will attain your 70kobo region.The stock has done well in 2023 in financials and expected to finish strong.I am among those repurchasing what we sold in the last bull run.Good luck to you if you can get Japaul at 70kobo before or after Q3 result.

Yeah I know it has potential to run and might not even trade below N1 again if it’s Q3 result is good which is why I need Mr market to do it’s thing… grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 5:20am On Sep 28, 2023
eziokwunwoko:
Good evening Mr customstreet.
Please explain youranalysis of Berger Paint.
Thanks

My own is to point out undervalued stocks, yours is to make a due diligence. I cannot identified undervalued stock(s) and at the same time conduct due diligence, that is left for whoever is planning to take position there

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7280) (7281) (7282) (7283) (7284) (7285) (7286) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Locotrader(m), tayejay(m), WestPB, BullBearMkt(m), stronglink, yeddy99, dapix, ukay2, MrDiligence, Kwibaba(m), Zegra, yMcy56(f), adamx23(m), phemmie06(m), ositadima1(m), sky2891, Mfunkynation(m) and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.