Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10893901 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7315) (7316) (7317) (7318) (7319) (7320) (7321) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 11:51am On Oct 26, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 12:00pm On Oct 26, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:00pm On Oct 26, 2023
BabsO2:

Nice histogram. Please over what period is this ? Since PO listing or from when to when ?
Also what are the assumptions. Exact trade price and volume (difficult to get such data) or daily average weighted price and volumes or daily closing price and volumes (data available here and there) grin

Oando and Transcorp histograms covering from 2020 to the day before yesterday. I have also added time elapsed. Although most of the Oando shares over the 3-year period were bought below 6, we see very high interest in Oando at around 10, 12, 13, and 14. Raking in over 550 million units in just 8 days, compared to 1.9 billion units in over 400 days. The possibility of making a new high is there. Regarding Transcorp, the largest block was bought below 1.4. I wouldn't be surprised if the stock falls to the 3 to 4.5 range, as we can see from the histogram that there is relatively large demand there. This is not a buy or sell recommendation, just one way to make sense of the inherent chaos in the market. cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by agbanimu11: 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 12:04pm On Oct 26, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 12:16pm On Oct 26, 2023
onegentleguy:

A lot will depend on your entry price and what trade-setup you had in place (plan) in view of your investment personality and objective.

If you've met your target, especially if you were among the early birds (ref: N2 to N6 entry), you might want to reduce your stake by 40-50% and redirect the funds to another more value accretive asset. (we already highlighted some of them here)

I remember advising some folks (privately) to reduce their stake in UCAP and put the funds in UBA/ACCESS (60-40% portfolio weighting in favour of UBA), DS/NASCON, OANDO, WAPCO and CHAMS (still trading at the support/demand zone of 85-90k following the retracement from previous YtDH of N1.3+ at the time)... and I think they've been better off for it.

This is one of the reason I always refer to portfolio weighting with stock selection and fund allocation. The goal should always be to seek to earn more at any given time.

Even with fundamentally healthy coys you don't necessarily need to hold for too long, especially if the asset has achieved/delivered a great reward margin or where the gap between potential return and projected risk has reduced compared to other select healthy names. (ref: assets intrinsic value leaves less MoS compared to CMP)

You can always rebalance your portfolio by allocating some funds to assets that can do better.
UCAP is still trading at a slight deviation from intrinsic value. (ref: FVE @ 21.9) but any jack will agree that there are of course a few better choices right now.

Btw, there are rumors that there could be a potential bonus distribution for YE, 2023, hence my advice to sell only 40-50% of your holding. And depending on the asset price, I will look to exit the balance of 50-60% before or after their YE, 2023 report.
Like I always tell folks; A bonus issue is often a measure that replaces QUALITY with QUANTITY and until you can establish that that quantity is also of good quality, be cautious.
It's like a man who offers to gift you with 3 apples in exchange for the 2 you already have OR buying it off completely for a cash consideration. On the surface, the non-cash exchange might seem of more value but It'll be better to let him buy the 2 you had, if it's of better/healthier quality than the offered 3. ...especially if there's a high plausibility that the said 3 could go bad in days. (near term view)

The wider the margin btw previous OS (quality) and post bonus OS (quantity), the more cautious you should be.

Disclosure: This is just me saying what I would've have done having a stake in UCAP.
NOT an investment advice. Due diligence still applies as always.

Thanks boss.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 12:58pm On Oct 26, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ProphetUtuocha: 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2023
Watch out!
A huge wind will soon be at the back of Oando
Thou shall seek but not find it
Note this

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by agbanimu11: 1:03pm On Oct 26, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 1:10pm On Oct 26, 2023
ProphetUtuocha:
Watch out!
A huge wind will soon be at the back of Oando
Thou shall seek but not find it
Note this

You don come again ooo, you this ''Oando'' Prophet!
I admire your consistency and boldness though.
But you have refused to divulge the actual information that forms the basis of your ''prophecy'' on Oando.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 1:29pm On Oct 26, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 1:30pm On Oct 26, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 2:42pm On Oct 26, 2023
Any news on UCAP
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 2:53pm On Oct 26, 2023
ositadima1:

Oando and Transcorp histograms covering from 2020 to the day before yesterday. I have also added time elapsed. Although most of the Oando shares over the 3-year period were bought below 6, we see very high interest in Oando at around 10, 12, 13, and 14. Raking in over 550 million units in just 8 days, compared to 1.9 billion units in over 400 days. The possibility of making a new high is there. Regarding Transcorp, the largest block was bought below 1.4. I wouldn't be surprised if the stock falls to the 3 to 4.5 range, as we can see from the histogram that there is relatively large demand there. This is not a buy or sell recommendation, just one way to make sense of the inherent chaos in the market. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 2:56pm On Oct 26, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 3:23pm On Oct 26, 2023
Thanks for the stockpick, i'm well positioned.

customstreet:

Declared interim dividend of 20k

customstreet:
Hello Folks

Please take a look at Berger Paint Plc. There seems to be hidden value there for those that can digged well and unlock value. I foresee a price appreciation to say between a range of N14.50-N18.00

Time Horison is 1.5 months

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 3:27pm On Oct 26, 2023
jideflash:
Thanks for the stockpick, i'm well positioned.

I will try my best to help my colleagues here to identify stock(s) that can make them millionaires and billionaires for those that believes in my recommendation

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2023
customstreet:

I will try my best to help my colleagues here to identify stock(s) that can make them millionaires and billionaires for those that believes in my recommendation

Please do....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 3:52pm On Oct 26, 2023
customstreet:

Please sir... I believe your recommendation d1e

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2023
you are doing well.

customstreet:

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2023
customstreet:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/39661_BERGER_PAINTS_NIGERIA_PLC-_QUARTER_3_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2023.pdf

Paying interim dividend of 20k

Berger Paint posted one of the best results.
Efficiency is when you make only 20% increase in revenue (from N4.5b to N5.4b) but a whopping 142% increase in profit (from N164m to N397.8m), with EPS rising 140% from 57 kobo to N1.37/share.

On top of that, a 20 kobo interim dividend has been proposed.

I just need more time to find out if the leap in the company’s bottom line is a result of income on extraordinary item. If it is not, then this is a major pointer to greater glory for Berger paints.

When you consider the shares outstanding is only 289.8m shares, that says a lot about how firmly price movement can be sustained.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 8:35pm On Oct 26, 2023
Locotrader:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/39660_CADBURY_NIGERIA_PLC.-_QUARTER_3_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2023.pdf

What a horrible result. What is CADBURY in Nigeria doing with monumental forex loss.
Managed well it should be earning forex from export of value added harvested cocoa from Nigeria. The way PRESCO and OKOMU are doing with harvested palm oil.

Cadbury is the type of company that should be delisted to save local investors from losses due to bad management strategy that looks like zero backward integration/local content.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2023
3 stocks I always avoid, no matter how sound their fundamentals are, is: Airtel (1,400.10), Nestle (1,050.00), and Seplat (1,837.00). They are the stocks we refer to as "Nri Ndi Oga". Those that understand it should please explain to those that did not understand it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 10:28pm On Oct 26, 2023
Femi Otedola, the man from Epe, has given 1 million naira each, to all the 750 students presently enrolled at Augustine University, Epe, which is owned by the Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos State, making a total of 750 million naira.

Baba is doing magic, inside and outside the stock market.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by folamee: 10:55pm On Oct 26, 2023
customstreet:

pls do sir, we would really appreciate it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 11:48pm On Oct 26, 2023
essentialone:
3 stocks I always avoid, no matter how sound their fundamentals are, is: Airtel (1,400.10), Nestle (1,050.00), and Seplat (1,837.00). They are the stocks we refer to as "Nri Ndi Oga". Those that understand it should please explain to those that did not understand it.
As far as I am concerned, these three stocks you mentioned are only to be owned by those who want to play very safe about their capital in addition to having some assurance of annual dividends. Outside these considerations, I find it difficult to see any other reason for anyone buying them except maybe for ostentation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 12:31am On Oct 27, 2023
Deadlytruth:

As far as I am concerned, these three stocks you mentioned are only to be owned by those who want to play very safe about their capital in addition to having some assurance of annual dividends. Outside these considerations, I find it difficult to see any other reason for anyone buying them except maybe for ostentation.

They could do themselves some good by giving like 7 for 1 so that everyone can buy . it will get to that price before you know it . If Google, Apple and Microsft didn't do split, a lot of people will not be able to buy . Berkshire Hathaway Inc Class A NYSE: BRK.A is going for 510,125.00 USD per share

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yoast: 5:23am On Oct 27, 2023
Are we having another TinubuBull over the supreme court ruling?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 7:01am On Oct 27, 2023
Yoast:
Are we having another TinubuBull over the supreme court ruling?
Such would have started yesterday given that the verdict came before close of the market yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 7:01am On Oct 27, 2023
UkwuAmu:

They could do themselves some good by giving like 7 for 1 so that everyone can buy . it will get to that price before you know it . If Google, Apple and Microsft didn't do split, a lot of people will not be able to buy . Berkshire Hathaway Inc Class A NYSE: BRK.A is going for 510,125.00 USD per share
Same feeling here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7315) (7316) (7317) (7318) (7319) (7320) (7321) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.