Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10893644 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7320) (7321) (7322) (7323) (7324) (7325) (7326) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
Sugar per capita consumption in the north is the highest in the country, the products are also taken to neighbouring countries like Niger, Mali etc through the North
Thats good to note about the consumption per capita. As for the cross border trading = a slippery slope into other questions of appropriate geographic revenue generation, etc.Thanks for the insight

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Payment date don land
PRESCO N2.00 Interim dividend
Closure date to earn Dividend 13th November
Payment date 17th November

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/39761_PRESCO_PLC-CORPORATE_ACTIONS_ANNOUNCEMENT_ON_PAYMENT_OP_INTERIM_DIVIDEND_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_OCTOBER_2023.pdf

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2023
Is the fx gain sustainable? Core operation is still dull
dapix:

Loss as expected, this will definately be carried over into DangFood.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:44pm On Oct 30, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Sugar per capita consumption in the north is the highest in the country, the products are also taken to neighbouring countries like Niger, Mali etc through the North

Lots of Phama, food and beverage industry use Suger.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 5:53pm On Oct 30, 2023
Aren’t PZ Cussons doing their annual meeting today again. They should come buy us out and take the kaya go

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by crownprince2017: 5:55pm On Oct 30, 2023
BabsO2:
Payment date don land
PRESCO N2.00 Interim dividend
Closure date to earn Dividend 13th November
Payment date 17th November

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/39761_PRESCO_PLC-CORPORATE_ACTIONS_ANNOUNCEMENT_ON_PAYMENT_OP_INTERIM_DIVIDEND_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_OCTOBER_2023.pdf

I used Meristem, how would someone go about the e dividend form or it's has been incorporated in the account opening package?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2023
Interesting days ahead, when long term bonds currently have a yield of 17%. It is possible to get close to 20% by first quarter of 2024.

I hope the managers of our economy will do something urgently to tame the ravaging inflation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:03pm On Oct 30, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

Lots of Phama, food and beverage industry use Suger.

Referring to why they got more revenue from the North,
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:14pm On Oct 30, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
Interesting days ahead, when long term bonds currently have a yield of 17%. It is possible to get close to 20% by first quarter of 2024.

I hope the managers of our economy will do something urgently to tame the ravaging inflation
So if I place 100m in the 2053 bond, I stand to get 17m per year for the next 30years.
No be small thing oh.
Its like this people dont believe Nigeria will ever get better.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:29pm On Oct 30, 2023
Mpeace:
So if I place 100m in the 2053 bond, I stand to get 17m per year for the next 30years.
No be small thing oh.

Yes

Use the Investment as a collateral and get 17m multiplied by 3 making about N50 million as a loan, use it to buy dollar and invest in a Eurobond fund that gives between 5% to 7% return on investment, you can decide to reinvest your Eurobond dividends.

Thank me later in 5 years time

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 6:38pm On Oct 30, 2023
Mpeace:
No be small thing oh.

If one does a stock (or property) portfolio analysis using time value of money for every invested money and also applies time value of money for every income stream from dividends (or rents) some how or by assumptions (e.g. re-investing the money in stocks). Only a few shares in the portfolio (or few properties) can achieve 17% annualized returns in a 10 to 20 year period.

Like buy and invest in a property in year 2010. With todays valuation on the property and income streams from it less maintenance costs. It is unlikely the property compounded in accretive value to the tune of 17%.

A nation cannot run on such high interest rate without MAJOR problems down the road.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 6:40pm On Oct 30, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Yes

Use the Investment as a collateral and get 17m multiplied by 3 making about N50 million as a loan, use it to buy dollar and invest in a Eurobond fund that gives between 5% to 7% return on investment, you can decide to reinvest your Eurobond dividends.

Thank me later in 5 years time

hypothetical case still, aren't you short changed with ROI of 7%, if interest rate on collateralised loan is going for ~ 16 % ? missing something on interest or foreground?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:42pm On Oct 30, 2023
BabsO2:

If one does a stock (or property) portfolio analysis using time value of money for every invested money and also applies time value of morning for every income stream from dividends (or rents) some how or by assumptions (e.g. re-investing the money in stocks). Only a few shares in the portfolio (or few properties) can achieve 17% annualized returns in a 10 to 20 year period.

Like buy and invest in a property in year 2010. With todays valuation on the property and income streams from it less maintenance costs. It is unlikely the property compounded in accretive value to the tune of 17%.

A nation cannot run on such high interest rate without MAJOR problems down the road.

The rate fluctuates, it signals where interest rate is going and what we should be expectings in the stock market.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:43pm On Oct 30, 2023
UBA
The so much noised UBA Q3 is out!
Over 250% PAT compared to Q3 2022.........around +287%
Year to date January 01 to September 30......

A good one from UBA cool

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/39778_UNITED_BANK_FOR_AFRICA_PLC-_QUARTER_3_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_OCTOBER_2023.pdf

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yoast: 6:44pm On Oct 30, 2023
NASCON with interim dividend of N1 and very good results still ended in the negative territory today. Na wa o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 6:52pm On Oct 30, 2023
BabsO2:

If one does a stock (or property) portfolio analysis using time value of money for every invested money and also applies time value of morning money for every income stream from dividends (or rents) some how or by assumptions (e.g. re-investing the money in stocks). Only a few shares in the portfolio (or few properties) can achieve 17% annualized returns in a 10 to 20 year period.....

We have to consider/ factor risk premiums (Equity or country) are calculated by humans there's always room for error with change in fiscal policy and monetary. risk premium when abacha was in govt, was different from when Obj took over, it was also different by the end of his first term in governance. Same also plays a role in growth of companies, wreckless fiscal and monetary policies may be detrimental, but i am optimistic Nigeria will get it right, we always pull through the hard times, We are usually bad with managing the fruit of our labour of hard times. Little breathing room from economic hardship , we lose focus and are back to misappropriation in grandiose style . A circle of snake biting it's tail.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:52pm On Oct 30, 2023
Hogwarthtrades:

hypothetical case still, aren't you short changed with ROI if interest rate on loans going for ~ 8 % ?

Reducing balance are used for loan, it is assumed the investor has a minimum of 4 streams of income. Hopefully the loan will be liquidated in less than 5 years.

And the investor will continue to enjoy annual income of N17 million for the next 25 years from the investment and hischildren can get the invested capital of N100 million at maturity if the investor is dead.

The Eurobond fund will also continue to generate dollar denominated investment income.

N1 million invested in a Eurobond fund at a conservative return of 5%, when the exchange rate was about N70 to a dollar in 2003 should be worth over N30 million assuming the dividend was reinvested

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 7:01pm On Oct 30, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

The rate fluctuates, it signals where interest rate is going and what we should be expectings in the stock market.

I know the rate fluctuates.
My discuss in other words,
means
At this moment of 17% on a +20 year bond.
An investment in the bond will likely outperform an average stock or property investment over the next 20 years considering the past performance of average properties and stocks.
And a bond investment also comes with less risks than stocks or property.

Tomorrow or a years time that opportunity should not be there again as bonds need to go back to single digit we hope.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 7:02pm On Oct 30, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Reducing balance are used for loan, it is assumed the investor has a minimum of 4 streams of income. Hopefully the loan will be liquidated in less than 5 years. And the investor will continue to enjoy annual income of N17 million for the next 25 years from the investment and his children can get the invested capital of N100 million at maturity if the investor is dead.

The Eurobond fund will also continue to generate dollar denominated investment income.
Toucje!!!! Thanks!! #Light bulb moment!! This a good approach for setting up a Trust in our clime. My bias against euro bunds may just mean switch to to alternative options (exposure to other markets).

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:05pm On Oct 30, 2023
Hogwarthtrades:

Toucje!!!! Thanks!! #Light bulb moment!! This a good approach for setting up a Trust in our clime. My bias against euro bunds may just mean switch to to alternative options (exposure to other markets).

Why the bias for Eurobond

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 7:05pm On Oct 30, 2023
Yoast:
NASCON with interim dividend of N1 and very good results still ended in the negative territory today. Na wa o

this is why i think that Nigeria stock exchange is spiritual something.

You will see a company in loss territory and people dey rush am.

Look at CADBURY for example with 464% loss in their 9 months 2023 compared to 9 months of 2022

looking at their half year 2023 report, it was 721% loss compared to half year 2022

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2023
Hogwarthtrades:

when the heat becomes too much, govt can restructure or default on EURO bonds. If it's naira, they can simply take care of that

Ghana is an example. our neighbour

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2023
BabsO2:

I know the rate fluctuates.
My discuss in other words,
means
At this moment of 17% on a +20 year bond.
An investment in the bond will likely outperform an average stock or property investment over the next 20 years considering the past performance of average properties and stocks.
And a bond investment also comes with less risks than stocks or property.

Tomorrow or a years time that opportunity should not be there again as bonds need to go back to single digit we hope.

That is why some investors will lock in the juicy rate for 20 to 30years and use the steady Investment income to buy shares regularly, especially when the market is very bearish

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2023
vacanci:

when the heat becomes too much, govt can restructure or default on EURO bonds. If it's naira, they can simply take care of that

Ghana is an example. our neighbour

With Naira debts , they can decide to print more Naira. The collateral is the country's Sovereignty

With Eurobond, there is a lien on the country's assets and future income.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2023
Omor,uba with 12naira EPS?even zenithbank will play catchup.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
Why the bias for Eurobond

Default risk is scary (so far Naija has been on the straight and narrow with redeeming their coupons.). if it's naira based aka FGN bonds, we know bad as e bad we go print. knowing i can avoid the headache with defaults, i will rather go through the respective countries bonds and currencies. naira in nigeria, US tbills in US. if i need exposure to EZ, will go through their appropriate bourse. I am aware the yields is nothing compared to our Eurobonds though. But sound sleep at night is priceless to me. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:16pm On Oct 30, 2023
naturalflow:

Don't be carried away. I will advise you to use the average 5 year EPS to do your valuation, you also need to give a reasonable margin of safety.

By the way UBA is still cheap at the current price

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2023
naturalflow:
Power is about to change hands among the FUGAZ group.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2023
Hogwarthtrades:

Default risk is scary. if it's naira based, we know bad as e bad we go print. knowing i can avoid the headache with defaults, i will rather go through the respective countries bonds and currencies. naira in nigeria, US tbills in US. if i need exposure to EZ, will go through their appropriate bourse. I am aware the yields is nothing compared to our Eurobonds though. But sound sleep at night is priceless to me. grin grin grin

Do you know that the regulators are not Nigerians and are not based in Nigeria. We no get choice we must pay.

Unlike the fund in your dorm accounts that government can seize,Eurobond funds are not domiciled in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
Do you know that the regulators are not Nigerians and are not based in Nigeria. We no get choice we must pay.Unlike the fund in your dorm accounts that government can seize,Eurobond funds are not domiciled in Nigeria

Yes i am aware, i guess i need to work on my trust issues undecided per Naija Euro bond.

While i have your attention, whats' your thought on the general outlay (macro) on naija scene for 4th quarter 23 - 1st qtr '24 what are you looking at in the market this days ( been quiet a bit, doing more R&grin for point and kill grin grin grin)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2023
Oga Emma, Mercy and co. Abeg i wan learn something about insider trading

When the NGX publishes directors dealings, does it mean that the transactions are hidden from the trades i see from Morgan capital?

For example, the attached is a director dealing.

it was notified that 100,000 units with individual share price of N56.50 was transacted.

Now, on the list of trades i see on morgan capital, i cannot see anything like that.
there is just a single trade of N56.50 and it's less than 33k units.

Abeg i wan just understand

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2023
Hogwarthtrades:

Yes i am aware, i guess i need to work on my trust issues undecided per Naija Euro bond.

While i have your attention, whats' your thought on the general outlay (macro) on naija scene for 4th quarter 23 - 1st qtr '24 what are you looking at in the market this days ( been quiet a bit, doing more R&grin for point and kill grin grin grin)

this is the kind of news am afraid of

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/ghana-eurobond-holders-face-30-principal-haircut-morgan-stanley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7320) (7321) (7322) (7323) (7324) (7325) (7326) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tayejay(m), WestPB, nnadengram(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.