Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10870790 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7341) (7342) (7343) (7344) (7345) (7346) (7347) ... (7749) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 4:42pm On Nov 10, 2023
Seplat Using N996.75 exchange rate for Naira Dividend payment shocked

I hope all banks used the same rate, N765 that ETI used for it's Q2 translations. And not various rates as that can cause confusion.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:00pm On Nov 10, 2023
BabsO2:
Seplat Using N996.75 exchange rate for Naira Dividend payment shocked

I hope all banks used the same rate, N765 that ETI used for it's Q2 translations. And not various rates as that can cause confusion.
Thats interim dividend per share of 29.90 in Naira. Thats not too bad considering the fact that we get it 4times a year, and also a special dividend yearly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2023
Mpeace:
Thats interim dividend per share of 29.90 in Naira. Thats not too bad considering the fact that we get it 4times a year, and also a special dividend yearly.

It is abysmal compared to its share price. Very disappointing! Though I am not bothered because I am not a dividend person but cap appreciation.

Ire o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 6:22pm On Nov 10, 2023
Mpeace:
You go explain tire no evidence
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2023
Coolcash1:

It is abysmal compared to its share price. Very disappointing! Though I am not bothered because I am not a dividend person but cap appreciation.

Ire o.
for that stock to appreciate, they have to split it . A talakawa cannot think of buying seplat

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2023
Coolcash1:
I need CUTIX at N2.40 and JAPAUL at N0.70 to re-enter

Big caps

MTN @N200, GTB @N25, NESTLE @ N700 and SEPLAT @ N1,200 to enable me load up!

Where are the bears?

Sadly, the bolded didn't get to my point of interest before the stratospheric rise. I would have been sitting on mahd profit by now. Anyway, we meuve!

Ire o.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:33pm On Nov 10, 2023
Coolcash1:

Ire o.
you must be looking at the current shareprice. You should also consider where it is coming from. Go find the share price as at January 2023 and see for your self.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2023
Coolcash1:

Ire o.

Stock wey dem buy for N300 and thereabout, they have recovered their capital many years ago all these na jara

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jonwest: 7:48pm On Nov 10, 2023
toyeoye:

You no dey fear shocked shocked shocked grin

Because loco pick made me mad money I am really grateful to him

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toyeoye(m): 8:25pm On Nov 10, 2023
Jonwest:

Because loco pick made me mad money I am really grateful to him

100%....i also went all in on Japaul. @0.29 on Jan 13 after he pointed it out and ofcourse doing my research

What I mean is how much can you possibly pay a billionaire for his service cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:42pm On Nov 10, 2023
Is Unilever exiting Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 10:17pm On Nov 10, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Stock wey dem buy for N300 and thereabout, they have recovered their capital many years ago all these na jara

Bought @180 but have sold all

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 11:42pm On Nov 10, 2023
megawealth01:
They are a likely candidate. Any rumour? the payout will be mad with their money in the bank
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 12:06am On Nov 11, 2023
debeey87:

Bought @180 but have sold all
IPO was around 587
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:31am On Nov 11, 2023
UkwuAmu:

IPO was around 587

I bought at N300 few years after the IPO
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hedgefunds: 7:11am On Nov 11, 2023
megawealth01:

How did you hear this...they only exit there homecare segment last year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by delvzy(m): 8:52am On Nov 11, 2023
TO THE NSEMPA OGs;

For newbies like me, what happens during a FULL BID v FULL OFFER?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by delvzy(m): 8:57am On Nov 11, 2023
Yoast:

If them no want us to buy, why list it? I guess they'll not release offers until they reach their desired price. Our own na to see something chop from their corruption. Please do you know anything about TIP
From their presentation, the said they are only doing "Listing by Introduction". They are trying to see how the market accept/reject them before making a decision on adding more into the market.
My concern is that OS won't be up to 5%. The top three own a large chunk.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hedgefunds: 9:19am On Nov 11, 2023
delvzy:
TO THE NSEMPA OGs;

price increment or price reduction..

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bid.asp

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 9:25am On Nov 11, 2023
Some people no dey take ear hear exit.
Exit price at premium dey sweet some people.
One day some people go follow exit price go enter Golgotha.
More companies to exit NSE due to tough economic policies.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 10:32am On Nov 11, 2023
delvzy:
TO THE NSEMPA OGs;

Low-key
All of them don dey notice
I'm not joking
All my guys dem, dem know me
Since '20
I've been writin' this story
I no be OG
But, if you ask dem, dem know me

I no dey blow trees
Orin lo nyi mi l'ori (l'o-o-ri)
This thing chose me
Just know this and know peace
I dey lowkey
But, I'm never lonely
Sexy ladies
Come whine fi me slowly

Bandana by Fireboy, this song they give me mind, fireworks everywhere in my head. grin grin cool

Seriously, a full bid is a state in which a stock has reached its highest price for the day (or close to it) and there are no offers to sell at that price. Likewise, a full offer is the opposite state, in which there are no buyers at the prevailing price and the price may have reached its lowest for the day. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:36am On Nov 11, 2023
megawealth01:
Mega, oya come and clear yourself.....

Hope you're up to date on events in the market sha.......or na insider info you post?

UNILEVER exited her homecare products sometimes this year due to high cost of production and non-profitability or so......

https://punchng.com/unilever-nigeria-to-exit-home-care-skin-cleansing-markets/?amp

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:46am On Nov 11, 2023
PZ
Offer price increased to N23.......
Share price closed @23!!

Is there more to this?

Those buying high should exercise caution anyway......insiders may possibly be buying for another reason.

Kudos to OGG (I think), who said they may likely increase the offer to N23.
*Wonder why the b.o.t. keeps banning you! sad

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/39867_P_Z_CUSSONS_NIGERIA_PLC.-PZ_CUSSONS_NIGERIA_PLC_-_POST_BOARD_MEETING_NOTIFICATION__CORPORATE_ACTIONS_NOVEMBER_2023.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 10:57am On Nov 11, 2023
PETERiCHY:
Come what may don't be caught in the NSE in MAY 2024. It gonna be very bloody ☠️☠️☠️💀💀💀

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

*ThE OcToPuS*

nairavsdollars:
Big fat lie. You are not God who sees the future

You would also agree you're not God either?

Every Tom, Dick and Harry issuing rights offers left-right-center. To the best of my diagnoses, I think one should not over look the possibilities of a pull back at a time, T.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:26am On Nov 11, 2023
Zagee:

You would also agree you're not God either?

Every Tom, Dick and Harry issuing rights offers left-right-center. To the best of my diagnoses, I think one should not over look the possibilities of a pull back at a time, T.

It is possible that the bond market may see 18% interest again. If that happens (or if I see it coming), I am bailing out. Hypothetically, if your bond can give you close to 1 million monthly from the same investments you have in stocks, which give a marginal fraction of that, some people will choose bonds for the time being. My point is that an 18% coupon would be disastrous for most stocks. shocked

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by delvzy(m): 11:56am On Nov 11, 2023
So is it synonymous to a particular stock gaining or losing 10% for that trading day?
ositadima1:

Low-key
All of them don dey notice
I'm not joking
All my guys dem, dem know me
Since '20
I've been writin' this story
I no be OG
But, if you ask dem, dem know me

I no dey blow trees
Orin lo nyi mi l'ori (l'o-o-ri)
This thing chose me
Just know this and know peace
I dey lowkey
But, I'm never lonely
Sexy ladies
Come whine fi me slowly

Bandana by Fireboy, this song they give me mind, fireworks everywhere in my head. grin grin cool

Seriously, a full bid is a state in which a stock has reached its highest price for the day (or close to it) and there are no offers to sell at that price. Likewise, a full offer is the opposite state, in which there are no buyers at the prevailing price and the price may have reached its lowest for the day. undecided

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:21pm On Nov 11, 2023
delvzy:
So is it synonymous to a particular stock gaining or losing 10% for that trading day?

I wouldn't say that's synonymous with gaining or losing 10%. Hypothetically, a stock can still be traded at its extreme prices for that day without going into full bid or full offer. undecided

"Full bid and full offer are terms used in stock trading to describe the situation where there are more buyers or sellers, respectively, at a particular price than there are sellers or buyers, respectively, at that price.

A full bid occurs when there are more buyers willing to purchase a stock at a particular price than there are sellers willing to sell the stock at that price. This means that there is a strong demand for the stock at that price, and it is likely that the stock will trade at that price or higher.

A full offer occurs when there are more sellers willing to sell a stock at a particular price than there are buyers willing to purchase the stock at that price. This means that there is a strong supply of the stock at that price, and it is likely that the stock will trade at that price or lower."

Copied...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2023
ositadima1:

I wouldn't say that's synonymous with gaining or losing 10%. Hypothetically, a stock can still be traded at its extreme prices for that day without going into full bid or full offer. undecided

"Full bid and full offer are terms used in stock trading to describe the situation where there are more buyers or sellers, respectively, at a particular price than there are sellers or buyers, respectively, at that price.

A full bid occurs when there are more buyers willing to purchase a stock at a particular price than there are sellers willing to sell the stock at that price. This means that there is a strong demand for the stock at that price, and it is likely that the stock will trade at that price or higher.

A full offer occurs when there are more sellers willing to sell a stock at a particular price than there are buyers willing to purchase the stock at that price. This means that there is a strong supply of the stock at that price, and it is likely that the stock will trade at that price or lower."

Copied...

To bring the definition home to NSEMPA's NGX (which of course is not the globally accepted one), full bid is when investors are bidding to buy a stock at the day's highest possible price (which is close to or equal to positive 10% of its previous closing price), and, at time of reporting, no one is offering to sell at that price, perhaps because they think it's worth more but they can't sell higher due to daily price limit.

Full offer is the opposite: people are willing to sell at the day's lowest price (which is close to or equal to negative 10% of the previous closing price) but no one is willing to buy because, apparently, the sentiment is that the stock is worth less but they can't bid to buy at lesser price due to daily price limit.

10% is the highest margin the price can go up or down. So it's possible to make 20% (excluding charges) on a particular stock following contrasting sentiments emanating from mixed news, rumour or disclosures, within one day. However, it is not always exactly 10% due to some rules guiding how the prices are added or subtracted. You cannot add or subtract less than N0.05 from some stock prices, for instance.

To his second inquiry, our regulators made a rule that, unless at least 100,000 units of a stock is transacted at once, the price won't change. So it's possible for a stock to be on full bid or full offer without the price changing at market close.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2023
ositadima1:

It is possible that the bond market may see 18% interest again. If that happens (or if I see it coming), I am bailing out. Hypothetically, if your bond can give you close to 1 million monthly from the same investments you have in stocks, which give a marginal fraction of that, some people will choose bonds for the time being. My point is that an 18% coupon would be disastrous for most stocks. shocked

Exactly. With the constant tightening of money supply and the clamour for investors, who says we can't see a possible rise in bond rates?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 3:35pm On Nov 11, 2023
Findings showed that as of December 2022, Elumelu’s Heirs Holdings owed UBA N13.442 billion. However, the firm’s debt to the bank rose to N41.823 billion by June 2023. This shows that Elumelu’s Heirs Holdings borrowed N28.381 billion from UBA between January and June 2023.

Interestingly, while the loans borrowed by Heirs Holdings from UBA rose by 211.137 per cent between January and June 2023, the interest rate remained the same. The bank’s half-year financial statement showed that the rate was static at 15 per cent.

Baba is really gaming his own game:
https://www.icirnigeria.org/how-elumelus-heirs-holdings-borrowed-n41-8bn-from-uba-at-far-lower-than-market-interest-rate/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2023
Zagee:

Exactly. With the constant tightening of money supply and the clamour for investors, who says we can't see a possible rise in bond rates?

365 day Treasury Bill is now 16.5%

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 5:08pm On Nov 11, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

365 day Treasury Bill is now 16.5%
My oga.pls is the primary market bidding for long time bond done monthly, quarterly or yearly. I mean the one you can only bid 50m and above directly for individual.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7341) (7342) (7343) (7344) (7345) (7346) (7347) ... (7749) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DrAkpamudehe, chuksnnaemeka, Locotrader(m), Nafseni, Blackman101, 222Martins(m), ogoo4real, unite4real, Ghost01(m), SonofElElyonRet, eziokwunwoko(m), ositadima1(m), Perculiar, Emndy(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.