Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,548 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10954655 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7399) (7400) (7401) (7402) (7403) (7404) (7405) ... (7778) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 12:05pm On Dec 07, 2023
Kreos44:

Dem no wan waste space mentioning those ones ni. Dem assume say you suppose know already.
Alfa jo na, o tun bere irungbon.

Then the best way to put it should be "ALL BANKS FAILED STRESS TEST"
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:10pm On Dec 07, 2023
Kreos44:
Dem no wan waste space mentioning those ones ni. Dem assume say you suppose know already.
Alfa jo na, o tun bere irungbon.
This got me lmao. grin
Thank goodness say dem no mention those banks, we for no hear word for hia today. grin
What if the small ones complied and met the required CAR?

* Meanwhile, more accumulations ongoing in the bank stocks...,...... especially tier-1
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 12:14pm On Dec 07, 2023
yMcy56:

This got me lmao. grin
Thank goodness say dem no mention those banks, we for no hear word for hia today. grin

I HOPE SO
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 12:33pm On Dec 07, 2023
grin
vacanci:

So Unity bank, Heritage Bank, Keystone bank, Polaris, SunTrust, Sterling and providus banks all pass the stress test abi?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yoast: 12:41pm On Dec 07, 2023
Is omatek undergoing restructuring?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
grin
yMcy56:

This got me lmao. grin

* Meanwhile, more accumulations ongoing in the bank stocks...,...... especially tier-1
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:25pm On Dec 07, 2023
I have been buying TOTAL at bargain prices in bits since this DECEMBER...

Just loading it up because of SEPLAT

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 1:27pm On Dec 07, 2023
megawealth01:

Looking for joiners, enh?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ProphetUtuocha: 1:33pm On Dec 07, 2023
The fake news on banks stress test has created a huge opportunity for savvy investors.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2023
Yoast:
Is omatek undergoing restructuring?

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ibrahim505(m): 1:52pm On Dec 07, 2023
freeman67:

DMO just issue general notice not individual or to retail investors. It's Morgan that should have informed you but they don't normally notify investors until you contact them. So do well to enquire from them tomorrow.

That said, as a retail investor, I believe subscription was successful if not your money would have been returned to your account.
I contacted Morgan today about my Sukuk subscription: It was not successful-form wrongly filled. They now sent me ongoing FGN saving bond form to fill.
They should had refund my money back to my cscs account since.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by xezoid(m): 2:00pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ibrahim505:

I contacted Morgan today about my Sukuk subscription: It was not successful-form wrongly filled. They now sent me ongoing FGN saving bond form to fill.
This also happened to me using Afrinvest...it was very disheartening...& yet they clandestinely went ahead and bought October 2023 fgn savings bond...i noticed it when looking at a statement of account & raised an alarm...up till today no proper good reason why the sukuk wasn't successful,no adequate reason why i wasn't informed rather money diverted to something else(i ensured that they sold it & refunded the money though)...
Lost faith in them...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:19pm On Dec 07, 2023
Oga Kolaish, you must have gotten your O&O fill at below 10 today...... smiley
So who are those bidding the stock?
Bids more than. Offers.....
They won't stop badmouthing, yet their eyes no commot am.... lipsrsealed

Meanwhile, MECURE is on full offer @11.70.....
The ogas don offload finish at +200% gain... grin
Osita hope say you don cash out....

UBA doing strong head upon say that report mention am.....

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 2:25pm On Dec 07, 2023
megawealth01:

Is total in the same sector with seplet.I thought one is down stream and the other upstream plus total control of thr upstream not like oando

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Is total in the same sector with seplet.I thought one is up stream and the other down stream plus total control of thr downstream not like oando
I think Total operates in both the downstream and upstream sector....
Just don't know the issue with that stock....
Before it can move from 200+ to current price of 385, it was like tug of war... smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 2:29pm On Dec 07, 2023
yMcy56:

I think Total operates in both the downstream and upstream sector....
Just don't know the issue with that stock....

Only the downstream business is listed in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ositadima2: 2:36pm On Dec 07, 2023
yMcy56:
So who are those bidding the stock?
Bids more than. Offers.....
They won't stop badmouthing, yet their eyes no commot am.... lipsrsealed

Meanwhile, MECURE is on full offer @11.70.....
The ogas don offload finish at +200% gain... grin
Osita hope say you don cash out....

UBA doing strong head upon say that report mention am.....

Na for your hand I learn to trade with target nah, I reach target I comot. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:42pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ositadima2:
Na for your hand I learn to trade with target nah, I reach target I comot. grin grin grin
Nice.
Make you pay your tithe o. smiley
Those guys really cash out on people....... smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 2:55pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ibrahim505:

What kind of nonsense is that.what is the big deal in the form to fill.That is why I don't use brokers for such.It was intentional..Next time use the banks directly.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ositadima2: 2:57pm On Dec 07, 2023
yMcy56:

Nice.
Make you pay your tithe o. smiley
Those guys really cash out on people....... smiley

Unless my numbers are wrong, since it started trading, it has done only 300 million naira with 31.2 million units traded. For a stock with over 4 billion units, it seems the party has barely begun.

But, I believe you wella, what ever you say. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ibrahim505:

This is very bad of them. They should have contacted you earlier.

If you are interested in the Savings Bond, you can continue. However, if you are not, you can just pull your funds from them immediately and invest elsewhere.

FG Bond is auction is next week Monday. If you act fast enough you will be able to partake in it if interested. Just contact any of the banks listed on the form for further information.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ositadima2:

Unless my numbers are wrong, since it started trading, it has done only 300 million naira with 31.2 million units traded. For a stock with over 4 billion units, it seems the party has barely begun.

But, I believe you wella, what ever you say. grin grin grin

Rinse and Repeat.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 4:07pm On Dec 07, 2023
yMcy56:

This got me lmao. grin

There's need to understand the reason for the circular so people don't blow things out of proportion.

The only reason the smaller banks (as you put it) aren't in the list is because they do not hold an international operating licence. ...in other words, they do not have int'l presence for now.
For instance; Sterling, Wema and Jaiz hold national banking licenses.
I think the Apex bank have 3 major licencing categories for DMBs (Regional, Nat'l and Int'l), with each having their peculiarities in terms of operational guideline.

The stress test was only conducted to weigh in on the requisite CAR on banks with int'l presence in view of current economic realities.
Like I told some folks; there's absolutely nothing to fret about. Virtually all the said banks have enough capital buffer to make up for the needed shortfall. The lag in CAR is just 3% from actual requirement.

The question you should be asking is why ETI and STABIC IBTC (the other 2 quoted banking coys with Int'l presence) is NOT in the list?
Could it be because their parent coys are not in Nigeria? ...or because those who exact control on this 2 (unlike those in the stress test list), are not locals?

Understanding the essence of a message is often more important than the message itself. ...there's really nothing new here!
But of course Nigerians, especially investors will always tend to overreact on matters like this.

There's also an ongoing misrepresentation and misinterpretation of another circular purportedly from the ED of NIBBS, which gave a directive to disconnect Switches, PSSPs and Super agents from the NIP (NIBBS instant payment) outwards system.

Seems having bouts of knee-jack reaction post information dissemination is the norm in this clime. People tend to become overly excited when it's a positive news and unduly perturbed when its a negative one. ...too much extremities!
Investors will always find it hard to contain their reflexes when they're not properly informed/enlightened and/or where there's the absence of a proficient strategy to manage fear and greed.
Your duty is look to take advantage of such imbalances where necessary.

CAVEAT: NOT to be infered as any sought of investment advice. ...Due diligence still applies as always.

Regards

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2023
PETERiCHY:

Christmas Bonanza is around the CORNER

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!

The much awaited CHRISTMAS BONANZA is finally HERE grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ibrahim505(m): 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2023
freeman67:

This is very bad of them. They should have contacted you earlier.

If you are interested in the Savings Bond, you can continue. However, if you are not, you can just pull your funds from them immediately and invest elsewhere.

FG Bond is auction is next week Monday. If you act fast enough you will be able to partake in it if interested. Just contact any of the banks listed on the form for further information.
I asked them for refund. I'm anticipating their response.
I supposed to increased my stake in uba or access but I opted for the Sukuk thinking it's safer.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 5:12pm On Dec 07, 2023
yMcy56:
Partially though. What I do with stock that is still expected to fall further is to buy in tranches. So, I bought about 35% today and if it fails to fall further, it is still a win-win situation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ProphetUtuocha: 6:45pm On Dec 07, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pizapato(m): 8:17pm On Dec 07, 2023
Mpeace:
Access bank did well today. The gap between Access and Uba has been narrowed down to 90kobo, from N3.

Wondering why Zenith has refused to close the gap with GTCO

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:27pm On Dec 07, 2023
ProphetUtuocha:
https://nairametrics.com/2023/12/07/cop28-cross-river-signs-agreement-for-rollout-of-evs-for-mass-transportation/

Oando is gradually dominating the EV sector. Good moves
Na only that news you see. Oando has signed agreement and collected dollars from world bank to power all the houses in Africa...pastor utu
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:32pm On Dec 07, 2023
grin
Streetinvestor2:
Na only that news you see. Oando has signed agreement and collected dollars from world bank to power all the houses in Africa...pastor utu
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:33pm On Dec 07, 2023
kolaish:
Partially though. What I do with stock that is still expected to fall further is to buy in tranches. So, I bought about 35% today and if it fails to fall further, it is still a win-win situation.

Egungun be very kiaful

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:34pm On Dec 07, 2023
PETERiCHY:

The much awaited CHRISTMAS BONANZA is finally HERE grin grin grin

Let the parry start grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7399) (7400) (7401) (7402) (7403) (7404) (7405) ... (7778) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lexy2lexy, janga(m), allabouttolu, IamR and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.