Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10891576 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7447) (7448) (7449) (7450) (7451) (7452) (7453) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 1:07pm On Jan 08
onegentleguy:

WAPCO... WAPCO... WAPCO!
How many times did I call you?

As I child, I use to like taking a walk to the double 5 boulevard just beside the 60th avenue.
...it's a serenely calm place to be. cheesy cool

So much post to read from (just hope there hasn't been any e-fighting), yet not much time to do so.
Keep up the energy folks!

It is well.

WAPCO on Full Bid now? Any new development?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 1:13pm On Jan 08
What is happening to Fidelity?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 1:14pm On Jan 08
[b][/b]A WORD OF CAUTION/ADVISE ⚠️

Most quoted banks especially tier 2 and 3 banks are taking full advantage of the current bull market to push their share prices high enough for raising cheap/easy capital in the coming round of CBN’s planned bank recapitalization.

Take your short term profits from the weak banks and stock with the FUGAZ of this world who have the capacity to sustain EPS and dividend per share after recapitalization.

Experience from previous recapitalization exercises still reminds me of how a lot of banks saw their share prices collapse after the whole euphoria of raising capital because their earnings and dividends could not justify their high valuation prices post recapitalization. Likewise, stronger banks and companies have emerged from rights issue and public offers to be more valuable and appreciated even more in price based on their continued strong financial performance and sustained or even improved dividend payout post offers.

Water will find its level after this coming round of recapitalization especially with those banks who can’t pay out reasonable dividends due to their over bloated OS arising from the recapitalization.

Enjoy the ride, rebalance your portfolio accordingly as we continue to watch money grow like grass in our respective portfolios. grin

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:17pm On Jan 08
OakPearl:

Most quoted banks especially tier 2 and 3 banks are taking full advantage of the current bull market to push their share prices high enough for raising cheap/easy capital in the coming round of CBN’s planned bank recapitalization.

Take your short term profits from the weak banks and stock with the FUGAZ of this world who have the capacity to sustain EPS and dividend per share after recapitalization.

Experience from previous recapitalization exercises still reminds me of how a lot of banks saw their share prices collapse after the whole euphoria of raising capital because their earnings and dividends could not justify their high valuation prices post recapitalization. Likewise, stronger banks and companies have emerged from rights issue and public offers to be more valuable and appreciated even more in price based on their continued strong financial performance and sustained or even improved dividend payout post offers.

Water will find its level after this coming round of recapitalization especially with those banks who can’t pay out reasonable dividends due to their over bloated OS arising from the recapitalization.

Enjoy the ride, rebalance your portfolio accordingly as we continue to watch money grow like grass in our respective portfolios. grin

Words of wisdom grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:22pm On Jan 08
megawealth01:
Words of wisdom grin
Did the Oga factor in inflation?
How many cents is FCMB for instance?
What you can buy with N1k before, can you still pick it for N1k in market now?

**Not against the Word of caution, but just trying to view it from another perspective as well, that the value of naira has really depreciated,......and if you consider the results/gains these companies are making, I don't think majority of them are overvalued yet @CP........still undervalued self, if we look at it well.

* Only 3 stocks trading above $1 in the whole Equity section, if not in the whole NGX self!
SEPLAT, AIRTEL and NESTLE

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 1:22pm On Jan 08
Lafarge has moved with 3.35; incredible.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 1:28pm On Jan 08
It's happening... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 1:28pm On Jan 08
KayOn1:
Ngx minting Millionaires.
Pastor Vee, permission to be Financial Secretary, CFO and Auditor of our ministry.

Granted?
embarassed Dangsugar tied down alot of capital

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:30pm On Jan 08
* UNILEVER moving.....
Some cross deals here @16.50......

* WAPCO don dey shake body......Now @38

* TRANSCORP: Over N3bn in transactions with over 250M units done so far.... shocked
- Those guys are really packing it......3.8bn....

* FCMB: Closing gap with FIDELITY faster....

* Quite some stocks on full bid.....

*OANDO: Traded above 12 in the early hours, currently btw 11.50/11.85 again.........what's their game plan?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 1:34pm On Jan 08
OakPearl:

Always rob Peter and pay Paulo grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by webizone(m): 1:35pm On Jan 08
Guys, I am new and trying to understand stocks. I am not new to financial markets though but very basic in stocks.
That being said, I see a lot of people here talking about buying one stock or the other which is confusing me. I thought, globally, especially watching the S&P 500, that stocks are beginning to slide.
So, why buy?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 1:50pm On Jan 08
veecovee:

embarassed Dangsugar tied down alot of capital

Its always good to..
allocate a max figure to a stock in ur portfolio...
No matter how sweet d stock is...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 1:51pm On Jan 08
ojeysky:

But why has Ib not moved really. I hope you meant intbrew...
With the hyping which IB received here almost throughout last year, it is difficult to believe that it is not shaking body at all even in this indiscriminate bull.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:52pm On Jan 08
Willie2015:

Its always good to..
allocate a max figure to a stock in ur portfolio...
No matter how sweet d stock is...

Words of wisdom grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 1:54pm On Jan 08
There will be time for consumer goods. They just have to suffer more first in terms of price reduction if this bull will allow grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 1:56pm On Jan 08
IB will move massively before end of Q1...

Deadlytruth:

With the hyping which IB received here almost throughout last year, it is difficult to believe that it is not shaking body at all even in this indiscriminate bull.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 2:04pm On Jan 08
yMcy56:
* UNILEVER moving.....
Some cross deals here @16.50......

* WAPCO don dey shake body......Now @38

* TRANSCORP: Over N3bn in transactions with over 250M units done so far.... shocked
- Those guys are really packing it....

* FCMB: Closing gap with FIDELITY faster....

* Quite some stocks on full bid.....

*OANDO: Traded above 12 in the early hours, currently btw 11.50/11.85 again.........what's their game plan?
Nne....Biko ask una dey cash out so, make una remember put in one or two words of prayer for those of is wey dey inside GTCO and Zenith.
We go like smile like una too.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 2:06pm On Jan 08
Come oh,this mecure abi mercury you no dey see your mates?you better start moving ooh.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:08pm On Jan 08
KarlTom:
IB will move massively before end of Q1...

Is the gods saying anything? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:12pm On Jan 08
TOTAL please wake up na grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 2:17pm On Jan 08
yMcy56:

Did the Oga factor in inflation?
How many cents is FCMB for instance?
What you can buy with N1k before, can you still pick it for N1k in market now?

**Not against the Word of caution, but just trying to view it from another perspective as well, that the value of naira has really depreciated,......and if you consider the results/gains these companies are making, I don't think majority of them are overvalued yet @CP........still undervalued self, if we look at it well.

* Only 3 stocks trading above $1 in the whole Equity section, if not in the whole NGX self!
SEPLAT, AIRTEL and NESTLE

I should think you were referring to devaluation of the NGN instead of the inflation you stated first.
However, I have factored both in and may I remind you that inflation and currency devaluation happened since last year and remember that these stocks responded last year also.

Bottom line is there is serious artificial price appreciation by lots of small banks and their earnings can no longer justify their prices. My focus is on the small banks not the entire market.

Comparing a NGN denominated company stock price with the USD is not enough if you do not also compare their earnings and profitability per share in USD. That’s why the three stocks you listed are much more highly valued than others.

Let him that has ears, hear and play accordingly.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:17pm On Jan 08
9free:
Nne....Biko ask una dey cash out so, make una remember put in one or two words of prayer for those of is wey dey inside GTCO and Zenith.
We go like smile like una too.
grin grin
Saw your post where you said you don't want to say what's on your mind.... grin
Oga fear God o. The time you bought those two, they were selling at ridiculous prices nah..... grin
Besides, they'll give you your balance with dividend... tongue

* GT and ZEE aren't doing badly in market at all.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 2:18pm On Jan 08
megawealth01:

Is the gods saying anything? grin

Did you pick up any Lasaco?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:18pm On Jan 08
OakPearl:

I should think you were referring to devaluation of the NGN instead of the inflation you stated first.
However, I have factored both in and may I remind you that inflation and currency devaluation happened since last year and remember that these stocks responded last year also.

Bottom line is there is serious artificial price appreciation by lots of small banks and their earnings can no longer justify their prices. My focus is on the small banks not the entire market.

Comparing a NGN denominated company stock price with the USD is not enough if you do not also compare their earnings and profitability per share in USD. That’s why the three stocks you listed are much more highly valued than others.

Let him that has ears, hear and play accordingly.

I'm listening... Preach to me grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:19pm On Jan 08
KayOn1:

Did you pick up any Lasaco?

No. I picked just one insurance company today but won't call the name... I did it at MACRO FINANCE LEVELS grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:20pm On Jan 08
The kind money wey dey enter this TRANSCORP today ehnnn.. shocked
Over 4bn as at now..l

GTB @43.95! Up with +1.45!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 2:24pm On Jan 08
megawealth01:

No. I picked just one insurance company today but won't call the name... I did it at MACRO FINANCE LEVELS grin

Ok. EnjoY.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 2:26pm On Jan 08
yMcy56:
Over 4bn as at now..l

You dont need to stress on Traanscorp...they can wait for dividend that will trail price. Then they would buy it above N25 or more.

Na person dey buy Transcorp Hotel @ N80+ grin grin grin

FDI has not really entered the market and some are scared of current price. Stocks like GTB & Zenith have not even done 10% daily gain.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 2:37pm On Jan 08
yMcy56:

Saw your post where you said you don't want to say what's on your mind.... grin
Oga fear God o. The time you bought those two, they were selling at ridiculous prices nah..... grin
Besides, they'll give you your balance with dividend... tongue

* GT and ZEE aren't doing badly in market at all.
Madam also fear God nah. You wey dey cash out now from kobo kobo stocks, no be at ridiculous kobo prices you buy them?
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 2:41pm On Jan 08
yMcy56:
Over 4bn as at now..l

Thanks for the updates but we go see daily 10%.
cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 2:45pm On Jan 08
yMcy56:
Over 4bn as at now..l

@yMcy56 GTB & Zenith will soon join the likes of Stanbic... Transcorp shock me today oo with the kind of volume traded in NGX

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:53pm On Jan 08
9free:
Madam also fear God nah. You wey dey cash out now from kobo kobo stocks, no be at ridiculous kobo prices you buy them?
grin
Lol Sheybi na you dey run from Kobo stocks....na una be value investors nah... grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7447) (7448) (7449) (7450) (7451) (7452) (7453) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Agbalowomeri, stcool(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.