Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10900252 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7463) (7464) (7465) (7466) (7467) (7468) (7469) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:17pm On Jan 10
sonofElElyon:
Does it make sense to begin to accumulate omatek and ellah lakes right now?

So you didn't seize today's opportunities to accumulate more of OMATEK at below #1?

OMATEK at below #1 is a rare opportunity...

Nobody should quote me as na my paddy I dey reply to...

If you follow am enter because I talk na you sabi

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:24pm On Jan 10
CBN Sacks Boards Of Union Bank, Keystone Bank, Polaris, Titan Trust

https://insidebusiness.ng/210072/cbn-sacks-boards-of-titan-trust-union-bank-keystone-bank-polaris/

CBN and initial gragra...

Any possibility of Union Bank and SkyeBank delisting upturned?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 9:24pm On Jan 10
sonofElElyon:
Does it make sense to begin to accumulate omatek and ellah lakes right now?

When you see your self in this situation, you rest.
Too much appearance on a thread will lead to confusion.
You answered princkez yes on ellah lakes.
And now you are not sure again?

My advice:Dont put new fund in the market now.we are no more in a planting season.Watch the ones you already have and cash out when others are cashing out.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 9:26pm On Jan 10
Results of a scanner that counted the number of stocks that rose above 5% in a given day as good and fell below -5% as bad. Then filtered for only days where we had at least 35 good or bad stocks.

Given the data from 2020 to date, it is very unlikely we will see poor performance tomorrow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by beejay1(m): 9:27pm On Jan 10
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 9:28pm On Jan 10
megawealth01:

CHAI grin
I sent a mail to you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 9:29pm On Jan 10
megawealth01:

So you didn't seize today's opportunities to accumulate more of OMATEK at below #1?

I say it again to you, stop jumping from one stock to another.If you have a sizeable portfolio, start pruning them now.
When oso Abiola begins, your name is sorry because you will not know which bird to catch when they start jumping out.

I only have 2 stocks in case and I have a stop loss at a click of mouse

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Trojan8(m): 9:30pm On Jan 10
Idrismusty97:
Hello all, please i need someone to clarify something for me. If i want to buy say Tantalizer stock(I am not buying it o) at the current share price (Or less). How would i populate the table? I am more of a long term investor just looking for where to be forgetting money till the end of the year. Image from Afrinvest is attached, thanks all.

Limit order is for the number of days that you want your specific bid to stay in the market. I typically use good for a day because I like to execute at market price. Units is basically the number of units you want to buy. Limit price is the price you are looking to buy the stock, you can set at a price lower than market price and set your limit order for say three days. In a bear market, it would most likely execute because of selloffs otherwise you would need to place a new order at a more higher price.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 9:50pm On Jan 10
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/nigeria-saudi-arabia-move-to-develop-solid-minerals/

Watching mode activated.
No more planting but waiting to harvest crops.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:51pm On Jan 10
Locotrader:

I say it again to you, stop jumping from one stock to another.If you have a sizeable portfolio, start pruning them now.
When oso Abiola begins, your name is sorry because you will not know which bird to catch when they start jumping out.

I only have 2 stocks in case and I have a stop loss at a click of mouse

I totally understand this game my brother grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:52pm On Jan 10
veecovee:
I sent a mail to you

I've replied although na long writings... No vex for me because I get talent for long writeups grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:55pm On Jan 10
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 10:04pm On Jan 10
Locotrader:

When you see your self in this situation, you rest.
Too much appearance on a thread will lead to confusion.
You answered princkez yes on ellah lakes.
And now you are not sure again?

My advice:Dont put new fund in the market now.we are no more in a planting season.Watch the ones you already have and cash out when others are cashing out.
In the multitude of counsellors there is safety...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 10:08pm On Jan 10
megawealth01:

Mega himself
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:22pm On Jan 10
sonofElElyon:

In the multitude of counsellors there is safety...

Wisdom

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dammybrite: 10:24pm On Jan 10
Hello, chief. Many thanks for bringing this up. Which mobile IDE do you use? Do you mind sharing how you scrap the data daily?
ositadima1:
Results of a scanner that counted the number of stocks that rose above 5% in a given day as good and fell below -5% as bad. Then filtered for only days where we had at least 35 good or bad stocks.

Given the data from 2020 to date, it is very unlikely we will see poor performance tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:30pm On Jan 10
We didn’t arrest, detain Zenith, Providus, Jaiz Bank chiefs -EFCC

https://themomentng.com/2024/01/09/we-didnt-arrest-detain-zenith-providus-jaiz-bank-chiefs-efcc/

But they all went to una office ba? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 10:45pm On Jan 10
dammybrite:
Hello, chief. Many thanks for bringing this up. Which mobile IDE do you use? Do you mind sharing how you scrap the data daily?

I use PyDroid3 and I'm sure you'll find plenty of tutorials on how to run Jupyter Notebook with it.

For daily data, I scrape PDFs using PyPDF4. MorganCapital sends me daily price lists as pdf from which I update my CSV files on my phone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dammybrite: 10:52pm On Jan 10
Thanks.
ositadima1:

I use PyDroid3 and I'm sure you'll find plenty of tutorials on how to run Jupyter Notebook with it.

For daily data, I scrape PDFs using PyPDF4. MorganCapital sends me daily price lists as pdf from which I update my CSV files on my phone.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 4:29am On Jan 11
I came across this priceless post while reading through old posts. A lot to learn from the last paragraph.

emmanuelewumi:

Very difficult to successfully time the market.

Do you get weekly report from your Stockbroker that shows your average cost prices of your stocks? The average cost price will enable the investor to determine if he has made a profit and if the dividend yield makes sense

I have the following average prices from the report sent to me from United Capital.

UBA N3.50
Access N3.75k
Dangote cement N190
Dangote sugar N6.50
United Capital N2.10
APR N2.30
Vitafoam N3.20
Custodian N2.90
UPDC REIT N3.10
Zenith N16
FBNH N4.10
UACN N6.70
Lafarge N19.15
Airtel Africa N310
MTN N115.

Just make sure you don't runaway from the market when it is bearish, invest for cash flow from your Investments, diversify your gains in a bull market to less risky assets like fixed income, money market, small or personal businesses and appropriately priced real estate Investments, practice Naira cost averaging combined with Investing for dividend yields, dividend safety and dividend growth

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Idrismusty97(m): 5:11am On Jan 11
Trojan8:

Limit order is for the number of days that you want your specific bid to stay in the market. I typically use good for a day because I like to execute at market price. Units is basically the number of units you want to buy. Limit price is the price you are looking to buy the stock, you can set at a price lower than market price and set your limit order for say three days. In a bear market, it would most likely execute because of selloffs otherwise you would need to place a new order at a more higher price.
Thank you!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:39am On Jan 11
BullBearMkt:
NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE MARKET UPDATE
There was a sell-off today, because of yesterday's negative news relating to the invitation of some banks' CEOs by the EFCC; however, the price dip has divergence with volume. This indicates that the pullback is likely to be gentle.

Some stocks are just beckoning opportunities - BUY the dip!

Compliment of the Season guys!
PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin
Happy New Year Sir!
Good to read this reassuring post from the TA Expert.
More blessings. smiley

The companies concerned have denied the rumour of arrest anyway.
I even wonder why this should be a big issue in market.

https://www.nairaland.com/7965896/md-neither-detained-nor-arrested
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 6:53am On Jan 11
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:55am On Jan 11
Agbalowomeri:
Make una enjoy the bull o
I am not Mr. Market
Make I go back to my Garri in the midst of my babes
You don commot for pent 🏠 🤔
Enjoy your garri in peace and allow us enjoy bull in peace too. 🤭 tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:32am On Jan 11
yMcy56:

You don commot for pent 🏠 🤔
Enjoy your garri in peace and allow us enjoy bull in peace too. 🤭 tongue

Omo money don finish for penthouse. Na another round we dey wait for
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 7:32am On Jan 11
yMcy56:

Happy New Year Sir!
Good to read this reassuring post from the TA Expert.
More blessings. smiley

The companies concerned have denied the rumour of arrest anyway.
I even wonder why this should be a big issue in market.

https://www.nairaland.com/7965896/md-neither-detained-nor-arrested

Historically, the market dips about this time for a good number of stocks. Anything can be reckoned as news just so that the drivers can force the market into a dip after a spike to take profits and reposition for dividends. I watch out for volume price dissociation. I sold UBA at 32.80 and bought it back at 29.35. This strategy however can be risky because the price can dip and climb so quickly making re-entry at a cheaper price impossible. For UBA I was prepared to exit at N32.80 completely and only buy back if it dipped after hitting resistance. Fortunately, I bought back taking some profits and repositioned.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:42am On Jan 11
The heights you have seen
You may see no more grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:27am On Jan 11
megawealth01:

I've replied although na long writings... No vex for me because I get talent for long writeups grin
Thanks but please forward it again. I didn't see it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:48am On Jan 11
aj8:

Historically, the market dips about this time for a good number of stocks. Anything can be reckoned as news just so that the drivers can force the market into a dip after a spike to take profits and reposition for dividends. I watch out for volume price dissociation. I sold UBA at 32.80 and bought it back at 29.35. This strategy however can be risky because the price can dip and climb so quickly making re-entry at a cheaper price impossible. For UBA I was prepared to exit at N32.80 completely and only buy back if it dipped after hitting resistance. Fortunately, I bought back taking some profits and repositioned.
Nice one.The bench mark for Mr T for uba will be #30.He will want to remain in that 1 trillion naira capitalization. Which equally goes for access and fbn
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 8:59am On Jan 11
grin
Agbalowomeri:
The heights you have seen
You may see no more grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 9:01am On Jan 11
Agbalowomeri:

The only thing sustaining Bitcoin and any other crypto today is the criminal movement of money. It will never be acceptable in the mainstream

BTC ETFs have been approved by US SEC. Trading starts today...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 9:06am On Jan 11
Streetinvestor2:
Nice one.The bench mark for Mr T for uba will be #30.He will want to remain in that 1 trillion naira capitalization. Which equally goes for access and fbn

Makes a lot of sense if with a N3.00 Dividend and maybe even a bonus. grin . Recapitalization also historically is associated with price appreciation. Hopefully the economy will continue to improve without any sweeping global catastrophe. The chart attached might interest you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7463) (7464) (7465) (7466) (7467) (7468) (7469) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Salvationone, ProphetUtuocha and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.