Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,840 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7591) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10879883 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7588) (7589) (7590) (7591) (7592) (7593) (7594) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:16pm On Feb 08
emmanuelewumi:

That is the difference between getting your 19% now or getting it at maturity in a years time.

If you get it now, your true yield is 23.4%
If you get it now or at the end of maturity you mean give 23.4 because they reinvested for u.No vex pls explain
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:16pm On Feb 08
Streetinvestor2:
Oga Emma, pls how do I go about the next TB.The only time I have done it.i think I downloaded the form and went to fbn to make payment. It had like 2 or 3 days window during gej.But this one u mentioned opened and closed same day.Pls how did you go about it.

Visit your bank, you should be able to get in the secondary market at about 18.5% or you wait till the next primary market offer for next month
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:18pm On Feb 08
Streetinvestor2:
If you get it now or at the end of maturity you mean give 23.4 because they reinvested for u.No vex pls explain

No just matter of reinvestment. You consider the time value of the 19% now or 19% later in the year.

Read up on true yield
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:22pm On Feb 08
Red carpet reception

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 1:24pm On Feb 08
Slow and Steady on Meyer.

90.64% achieved

Approaching "Jump Out Bus Stop"...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:26pm On Feb 08
Streetinvestor2:
iThis only happens if you reinvest the interest paid to you I believe.

Two or three days before the bid day, you make a formal request with the bank. For example, 1,000,000 will be debited from your account immediately upon the bank confirming your request.

On the bid day, if the interest rate is 18%, the bank will credit your account with 180,000.

One year later, you will be credited 1,000,000. What Pa Emma is saying about true yield is that you actually only invested 820,000, and got 180,000 as interest. That equates to a 22% yield.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:26pm On Feb 08
Engrblessing:
Someone should please put me through on how to go about the treasury bills investment

There's a thread for it on nairaland... Check it out
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:28pm On Feb 08
essentialone:
Slow and Steady on Meyer.

90.64% achieved

Approaching "Jump Out Bus Stop"...

Interesting

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:28pm On Feb 08
emmanuelewumi:

Visit your bank, you should be able to get in the secondary market at about 18.5% or you wait till the next primary market offer for next month
Ii want to do primary market. How do I get to participate by falling within the time frame. . Can I fund my account and instruct my broker to do it anytime it is scheduled but I saw Meristem collects .25% of your principal.
Or how am I able to do it myself via bank. The banks don't like thr customers participating in this investment. When you go to make enquiry, they will always say it is not happening
This I experienced with sukuk bond.it was only ibtc that accepted to do it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:28pm On Feb 08
emmanuelewumi:

Walk to the nearest branch of your bank. You can also visit the Treasury Bill thread on Nairaland

YES
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Laso09: 1:29pm On Feb 08
Streetinvestor2:

Just look at it this way,
If you are investing 1m in TB @ for example 20%, the 20% of 1m which is 200k will be left in your account if you choose the option of not reinvesting your interest.
So what you effectively invest is 800k and the true yield will be 200k/800k multiply by 100 minus tax.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:29pm On Feb 08
ositadima1:

Two or three days before the bid day, you make a formal request with the bank. For example, 1,000,000 will be debited from your account immediately upon the bank confirming your request.

On the bid day, if the interest rate is 18%, the bank will credit your account with 180,000.

One year later, you will be credited 1,000,000. What Pa Emma is saying about true yield is that you actually only invested 820,000, and got 180,000 as interest. That equates to a 22% yield.
Thanks for putting in elementary maths,lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:30pm On Feb 08
Streetinvestor2:
Ii want to do primary market. How do I get to participate by falling within the time frame. . Can I fund my account and instruct my broker to do it anytime it is scheduled but I saw Meristem collects .25% of your principal.
Or how am I able to do it myself via bank. The banks don't like thr customers participating in this investment. When you go to make enquiry, they will always say it is not happening
This I experienced with sukuk bond.it was only ibtc that accepted to do it.

Visit your bank. First Bank and Stanbic IBTC appears to be the best as per Treasury Bill investments for retail investors.

Visit the Treasury Bill thread for more information
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:31pm On Feb 08
Seplat not joining the reds. Very stubborn stock.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Engrblessing(f): 1:37pm On Feb 08
Thank you

emmanuelewumi:

Walk to the nearest branch of your bank. You can also visit the Treasury Bill thread on Nairaland
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 1:39pm On Feb 08
Kingchuks:

Atimes, these claimed need to be supported by redacted contract note. Otherwise, the attempt to claim mastery of market direction is really needless

With SCREENSHOT of our TRADE ALERT are you now CONVINCED or you still want ARGUE with 24ys of NIGERIAN STOCK MARKET experience

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 1:39pm On Feb 08
grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 1:41pm On Feb 08
angry

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 1:41pm On Feb 08
Streetinvestor2:
Thanks for putting in elementary maths, lol

The only good thing I see in that TB is the interest paid upfront.

Your capital stays till 12 months.
It's better I keep that capital in my trading account and cash out more than 30% in Jijo when the stock market stablizes.

TB not for me now because I am still in the bull market.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 1:42pm On Feb 08
grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 1:44pm On Feb 08
Pickers of Dangsugar are serious. I was just watching cheesy

The stock was on full offer a while ago
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 1:46pm On Feb 08
PETERiCHY:

With SCREENSHOT of our TRADE ALERT are you now CONVINCED or you still want ARGUE with 24ys of NIGERIAN STOCK MARKET experience

Big man, you are on a good profit especially now the stock is heading back to #10.

For me oooo,I know you when it comes to all these things.This is why I always say you are 80-90% real
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:47pm On Feb 08
PETERiCHY:

UMEH PETER OSITA Wehdon o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 1:51pm On Feb 08
Agbalowomeri:

If you wanna know more about him flying to Dubai like Atiku does, check him out at FB.
He is among the big fish here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Boshins: 1:54pm On Feb 08
PETERiCHY:

E don tey, no b today....Na people wey dey follow u I dey pity...PETER...IDAN grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:54pm On Feb 08
Its very funny that all those advocates that left Òando secretly never said so publicly like they did when they were advocating, until they had safely offloaded.
That is why newbies are always warned in this forum to do their due diligence, cos that prophet wey you dey follow anyhow no too sure wetin him dey tell you.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 1:58pm On Feb 08
Boshins:
E don tey, no b today....Na people wey dey follow u I dey pity...PETER...IDAN grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg no vex ooo.
Should he tell you when he is selling?
Do you think he will not repurchase the oando at a bargain price?

Can you let me know why you are blaming him?

Because he sold?

He was smart and took advantage of the TB which affected not too good or overpriced stocks.Nothing is wrong with oando.If you have the shares, hold and keep praying.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 2:03pm On Feb 08
Mpeace:
Its very funny that all those advocates that left Òando secretly never said so publicly like they did when they were advocating, until they had safely offloaded.
That is why newbies are always warned in this forum to do their due diligence, cos that prophet wey you dey follow anyhow no too sure wetin him dey tell you.

A promoter of a stock with 10m units can hold 15m units of same stock via pullback advantage.
I don't know why Peter should be blamed ooo.
He sold and he is buying back more units than he sold and will continue his monkey business on it.

Afterall oando has turned a Jijo stock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:04pm On Feb 08
GTCO: The first Bank to turn green.....
DANGSUGAR: All offers @67?95 cleared....
UBA: Red thinning out

* When GT leads like this, it points to something+ve at least....

We go all dey alright las las.... smiley
I don't even want to post about market at all......make e no be like say I dey fight market .....in Agba's voice... smiley

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 2:05pm On Feb 08
grin grin grin
Agbalowomeri:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 2:06pm On Feb 08
yMcy56:
GTCO: The first Bank to turn green.....
DANGSUGAR: All offers @67?95 cleared....

We go all dey alright las las.... smiley

ASI was @ 100k level this morning and now 101k.

This TB will still come and go.

Nothing do our bull

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 2:07pm On Feb 08
Locotrader:

ASI was @ 100k level this morning and know 101k.

This TB will still come and go.

Nothing do our bull

Next two weeks would be bloody too

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7588) (7589) (7590) (7591) (7592) (7593) (7594) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ukay2, chuksnnaemeka, spido(m), Jats2k2002 and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.