Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10865732 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7591) (7592) (7593) (7594) (7595) (7596) (7597) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:30pm On Feb 08
emmanuelewumi:

Primary market is monthly, secondary market is daily

I always learn a lot from your financial WISDOM and humility... Keep it up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Testimonies777(m): 5:31pm On Feb 08
Thank you, Anty Mercy........ At least there is hope at the end of the tunnel.

yMcy56:
GTCO: The first Bank to turn green.....
DANGSUGAR: All offers @67?95 cleared....
UBA: Red thinning out

* When GT leads like this, it points to something+ve at least....

We go all dey alright las las.... smiley
I don't even want to post about market at all......make e no be like say I dey fight market .....in Agba's voice... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 5:31pm On Feb 08
TLAX:

Your street credibility or lack of it has nothing to do with understanding investment terminology.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/dividendyield.asp

I have helped you this time. Don't come back and give us fluff next time.

If you have developed a personal ratio you want to use as a metric, well and good but it's not dividend yield.

Both of you are correct.
If I bought ucap at #2,i will calculate my dividend yield on the price I bought.

If I am yet to buy,I will calculate on the current price at the floor.I am sure most stocks can't give 10% dividend yields now based on the increase in share prices lately.
But since I am still bullish in the market, it means I will neglect whatsoever dividend yields in this earning season and pay attention to capital appreciation which I feel some stocks will still give from now to June.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Testimonies777(m): 5:37pm On Feb 08
YOU NO GET RESPECT!!!! Are you new here? Abeg do not abuse our God sent helpers here oooo.

Zegra:

Learn to pass your message without being arrogant to other forum members

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 5:42pm On Feb 08
This life no balance. Some are now seeing bear because the really want to reinvest thr loot even when audited results are not out.So what has changed in FA of this companies. Or I forgot the churches, the market women, street shows,tailor, etc have started talking about stock market.
What do this ogas really discuss behind the curtain concerning this market.
Are they trying to make us pawn in thr game.Pls open your eyes in this forum Maybe when I sell my alhaji loot I begin to shout bears without saying what has changed.

If you believe naija is heading for doom then you can believe them.Asha yusuf said, we are born here,we are going nowhere and we die here.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 5:43pm On Feb 08
megawealth01:

I always learn a lot from your financial WISDOM and humility... Keep it up

Why is it nobody is learning from you as an old man in stock business.

Old man learning from old man always.
No be juju be that?

Aby na because of me and streetinvestor2 you dey praise pa Emma?
So that we go run mad?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 5:46pm On Feb 08
You are all calculating your returns on investment, which should be primary focus of any investor. However, in finance, certain words/phrases are specifically defined and computed in specific ways. Na grammar. Main thing is how much you're making from how much you invested.😁 Planting. Harvesting. Sowing. Reaping.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 5:48pm On Feb 08
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 5:50pm On Feb 08
Testimonies777:
Thank you, Anty Mercy........ At least there is hope at the end of the tunnel.
All I can say is this:
What's happening in the market now is a red brought about by some policies of the CBN, with which TB rate was a major one........and not really the normal bear that usually occurs after the earning season has gone. It's a bear induced by circumstance and it's not a new thing to some of us.

Many of the folks selling are selling with profits because the Bull has been around for a long time now.

* See TRANSCORP for instance; quite a lot picked at circa 3, and then 6+. Even if those ones sell @10, they're still in profit. The only group that might be affected are those who picked at high prices.

* There's always a way around all these! Forget the panic posts here and there.
If market turns green tomorrow, you'll see different posts of how they entered the market today.....E.g. Peter. tongue

These thing is a cycle. If stocks go down, it goes up.....and vice versa.
Whosoever is in the market and is not opportuned to have purchased at low prices should preserve his/her capital. Any losses on the portfolio doesn't become a loss until you sell. When bull resumes, it clears the losses again.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 5:52pm On Feb 08
QED grin grin

Frangel:
You are all calculating your returns on investment, which should be primary focus of any investor. However, in finance, certain words/phrases are specifically defined and computed in specific ways. Na grammar. Main thing is how much you're making from how much you invested.😁 Planting. Harvesting. Sowing. Reaping.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 5:57pm On Feb 08
Locotrader:

Both of you are correct.
If I bought ucap at #2,i will calculate my dividend yield on the price I bought.

If I am yet to buy,I will calculate on the current price at the floor.I am sure most stocks can't give 10% dividend yields now based on the increase in share prices lately.
But since I am still bullish in the market, it means I will neglect whatsoever dividend yields in this earning season and pay attention to capital appreciation which I feel some stocks will still give from now to June.
My brother see me see wahala. If I am hunting for div .what will determine my purchase price at that time will be dividend yield which I will use the price I am buying to calculate. What is my business if after Ia week the price goes up by 1000% percent .This is what I have been using to buy gtbank and zenith bank in the past.Then anything 10% and above was ok to me.So when zenith and gtbank was trading below #20 was a kill because I was sure of #2.50 to #2.80 dividend

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 5:59pm On Feb 08
Frangel:
Thanks for this French, lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 6:02pm On Feb 08
Locotrader:

Why is it nobody is learning from you as an old man in stock business.

Old man learning from old man always.
No be juju be that?

Aby na because of me and streetinvestor2 you dey praise pa Emma?
So that we go run mad?
u don dey look for trouble again,lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:02pm On Feb 08
emmanuelewumi:
By the way this is not the time to JIJO, if you do you learn the hard way.

Invest with patient capital, buy fundamentally sound stocks, that pay dividends and are appropriately priced
Oga Emma, this is what I'd expected from you around this time and not your earlier posts that were possible of sparking arguments, which I think it actually did.

Anybody wey quote me for this post because I referred to Pa Emma for making a controversial post, e go get his/her reply.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 6:08pm On Feb 08
yMcy56:

Oga Emma, this is what I'd expected from you around this time and not your earlier posts that were possible of sparking arguments, which I think it actually did.

Anybody wey quote me for this post because I referred to Pa Emma for making a controversial post, e go get his/her reply.
Madam no gree for anyone way wan run u street...no vex sha say I still quote u,lol.The bear talk no follow at all

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 6:23pm On Feb 08
grin grin
Streetinvestor2:
Madam no gree for anyone way wan run u street...no vex sha say I still quote u,lol.The bear talk no follow at all
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:31pm On Feb 08
Everybody blood dey boil for here, not easy to watch your portfolio drop millions for this hard times o. If dividend on cost pass 14% no wahala. But stocks like Dang Sugar fit no pay better dividend o, but eh go still do people well.

I no say some people own drop pass 5 million, today alone. Pele o. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:35pm On Feb 08
yMcy56:

If saying the fact as it is, is termed being controversial I rest my case.

It appears we love things to be sugarcoated.

The people that should not be bothered by what is happening are long term investors. If you are a short term investor, you need a good risk management.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:37pm On Feb 08
ositadima1:
Everybody blood dey boil for here, not easy to watch your portfolio drop millions for this hard times o. If dividend on cost pass 14% no wahala. But stocks like Dang Sugar fit no pay better dividend o, but eh go still do people well.

I no say some people own drop pass 5 million, today alone. Pele o. lipsrsealed

Something wey go still drop more than this
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:52pm On Feb 08
Janet still gasping for breath

Drowning is near grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 6:58pm On Feb 08
emmanuelewumi:

The people that should not be bothered by what is happening are long term investors. If you are a short term investor, you need a good risk management.
To be honest, I don't understand what the issue is. Whether you say it or not, the market will do exactly what it's going to do. I know it's hard to see paper profit deplete but that is the beauty of the stock market. We should desist from unnecessary bickering and subtle attack on those who have contrary opinion about the current happenings in the market.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 7:08pm On Feb 08
emmanuelewumi:

Something wey go still drop more than this
As investors, whether long term or short term, we need to learn how to effectively manage risks. Isn't it funny that the same CP whose comments about bull would garner tens of likes followed with praises of how he always got it right, now gets ignored because the narrative has changed? Well, not surprised, it's an aspect of human psychology!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Laso09: 7:18pm On Feb 08
emmanuelewumi:

I think some of them bought high though they are claiming to have bought low.
The way they jump out to attack anyone that mention the possibility of bear market is intriguing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 7:20pm On Feb 08
yMcy56:

You have all been warned grin
p.s. I no quote you because of Pa Emma o cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phadriz(m): 7:44pm On Feb 08
You are referring to ROI not dividend yield.

vacanci:

oga,

assuming i bought UCAP at N2 as my price years ago and you buy it now at N20.

If dividend of N2 is declared. It means that the dividend yield is 2/20 which is 10% as per current price.

But for me my dividend on cost is 2/2 which is 100% because i didn't buy it for N20 but for N2.

With N1,000,000 you should get 50,000 units @N20
with N1,000,000 i got 500,000 units @ N2

if dividend is N2, you should earn 50,000 X 2 which is 100k
I should earn 500,000 X2 which is 1M

na so i see am

That was what streetinvestor2 was trying to make you understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ttmax09(m): 8:07pm On Feb 08
essentialone:
back to back warning yet Tinubu is playing politics with hunger in the Land.

Prof Yusuf Dankofa wrote this on 5th Feb 2024, 17hrs

Read on :

"But they said they are the whiz kids from lagos

That the magic of lagos was going to be reignited at the federal level

Eight months after,it is ebin kpawa

What really happened

Where are the heroes of lagos

What is on the ground shows that the policy makers from eko do not understand governance

The policy flip flop has created a condition of acute poverty

Just like one commentator said,only those in the corridors of power are smiling

The rest are facing armageddon,a state of calamity and brutality

The politics of the land is toxic as only lagosians are in power, while the other "O" states are lamenting

Cronyism and inner caucus have betrayed the movement

Emilokan movement is so ordinary and bereft of ideas that grand old Buhari that spent eight years junketing is even perceived to be better.

So, Emilokan is about the fulfilment of personal ambition

Even the Imams that were shouting Muslim/Muslim tickets are busy gnashing their teeth

They have now become wiser its a hoax

Now they can't go for pilgrimage because they don't have N5M

Where will they see the dollar

Who dash monkey banana

No politician is even visiting their mosque anymore

Even Mr. Vice President has become a motivational speaker

He is busy admonishing Nigerians to be of good behaviour since leaders who are to turn things around have lost ideas

The ideas that were robustly generated during electioneering campaigns have vaporised into thin air

Now, the singsong by the talakawas is hunger

Our currency is as worthless as a river that ships cannot navigate

You need a bagco cement sack of naira to seek $300

The economic gurus of lagos have been turned into ordinary finance speculators

All those spotless suits and Oxford shoes are just abracadabra

What happened to years of study at Harvard and Yale School of Economics

Social media have been laughing at them

Even Zimbabweans and South Africans are having a good laugh

South Sudan,a country as poor as anything, is poking Nigeria

Pls where is the Save Nigeria Group

Where are Professor Wole Soyinka and Pastor Tunde Bakare that gave Jonathan nightmares

Where are all the lagos musicians

Where are the Kuti brothers

Have they forgotten their fathers lyrics

44 sitting and 99 standing

This is when the talakawa need them most

Have they forgotten their Uncle Dr Beko Ransome Kuti

Where are the offspring of Late Dr Bala Usman in this respect

And where are the Professor Pantamis of this world

That cried and prayed that the Jonathan administration should be changed

And what has changed today

And why are there no prayers to the Almighty that the poor should be rescued

The Lagos politicians have failed the people

They boasted that it is about brains and not brawl

This is the regime of the most educated people in Africa

What a paradox"
I saw this yesterday, and all I could say is bloody hypocrites. We are enjoying the dividend of 8 years of Buhari's maladministration. How could the writer say even old Buhari's was better?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:12pm On Feb 08
SonofElElyonRet:
You have all been warned grin
p.s. I no quote you because of Pa Emma o cool
Lol. Serious no gree for anybody...... grin
Make una no mind me jorr........I dey refer to his loyalists wey dey quote to defend anyhow..... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:18pm On Feb 08
seyisanya:
Isn't it funny that the same CP whose comments about bull would garner tens of likes followed with praises of how he always got it right, now gets ignored because the narrative has changed? Well, not surprised, it's an aspect of human psychology!
I don't think you've been following trail posts...
If you do, you'll understand why CP's post was ignored. I guess he also knew.
I saw that you mentioned this the last time as well, I also ignored your post grin
Make we just leave story and focus on how best we can make use of the current situation to everyone's advantage.........rather than coming here to mock anyone or jumping out to say "I told you so".

I Blvd everyone have his/her strategies or will work out a plan to navigate thru the TB induced bear and come out unhurt once the dust is settled. It's well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ttmax09(m): 8:23pm On Feb 08
Mankind2024:

Did Buhari go after gej?
Did gej go after Yaradua?
Did Yaradua go after Obasanjo?
Did Obasanjo go after Abubakar?
Did Abubakar go after Abacha?
Did Abacha go after Babangida?
You will go after predecessors tirelessly without any evidence.
I will say this again, where there is a will, there will be a way. Nigeria and Nigerians have descended so low, that our values and morals as people are been eroded daily. look at church members kidnapping a parish priest, family kidnapping each other. We need a law to spell out and dish out heavy punishment for crimes including stealing of government funds. But the guys in power do they have the will to do these things? Absolutely no, why? To much vested interests.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 8:30pm On Feb 08
yMcy56:

I don't think you've been following trail posts...
If you do, you'll understand why CP's post was ignored. I guess he also knew.
I saw that you mentioned this the last time as well, I also ignored your post grin
Make we just leave story and focus on how best we can make use of the current situation to everyone's advantage.........rather than coming here to mock anyone or jumping out to say "I told you so".
I've never missed a single page since page 1, so I know exactly what's going on here. I don't know CP from anywhere other than his posts on this platform but what I'm aware of is that he's been a great asset to this thread.

If you feel he's come out recently to say ''I TOLD YOU SO'', then so be it! He's earned it, so let's give him his flowers. Besides, most people do it here including you.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:40pm On Feb 08
seyisanya:
If you feel he's come out recently to say ''I TOLD YOU SO'', then so be it! He's earned it, so let's give him his flowers. Besides, most people do it here including you.
OK.
..but is it a crime not to applaud someone if what he's saying doesn't go well with the person or you're not just interested?
No be by force to append "like" nah.
Even if I say "I told you so" like you said, I'm sure my own is not to mock anyone.

Besides, you didn't seems to understand the particut trail msgs I referred to.
Even if it's ordinary greetings, I used to like his posts.....but didn't like that of today either. No be compulsory thing. Many of us doesn't care about like or no like. We go ahead with our posts regardless.

I rest my case. Back to status quo.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 8:49pm On Feb 08
emmanuelewumi:

Primary market is monthly, secondary market is daily

But I have always thought Treasury bills primary auction is every 2 weeks.

When did they change it to monthly. I thought it's fgn primary bond auction that is monthly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7591) (7592) (7593) (7594) (7595) (7596) (7597) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: phemmie06(m), Princkez and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.