Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,535 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7621) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10878103 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7618) (7619) (7620) (7621) (7622) (7623) (7624) ... (7751) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 12:42pm On Feb 28
ndept:
By tomorrow, UCAP, DangSugar and others will drop their result. But banks will be from third week of March. Personally, I don't see the bear lasting 3 days.

UCAP has postponed Board meeting without a new date

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/40387_UNITED_CAPITAL_PLC-NOTICE_OF_POSTPONEMENT_OF_BOARD_MEETING_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_FEBRUARY_2024.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 12:43pm On Feb 28
The BM holds tomorrow but AFS might not be released immediately.
NGX and SEC still have to approve... grin

ndept:
By tomorrow, UCAP, DangSugar and others will drop their result. But banks will be from third week of March. Personally, I don't see the bear lasting 3 days.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 12:44pm On Feb 28
I'm grateful I didn't enter this MULTIVERSE boat because it's giving severe heartbreak... sad
KayOn1:

Wow, you be Guru o to still have 95% profit & dey fret. Be grateful.
Some people bought Multiverse @Circa 20+ and can't even see buyer @Circa 13 currently.

*** I exited Multiverse @Circa 10.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:49pm On Feb 28
Streetinvestor2:
The prices you are seeing from dollars now is not from genuine business men.it is from speculators and corrupt government officials hoarding it.They go soon tire
Exactly!
It's from speculators, those FX/Binance guys and hoarders.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 12:51pm On Feb 28
FBNH and NASCON on Full Offer grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 12:55pm On Feb 28
KarlTom:
Gain don move from 115% to 95% shocked

God abeg o

Make one big boy drop AFS make market shake bodi small grin

calm down bro o... NGSEINDEX move up for 9 consecutive months. some stock move 12 months self, we just having pullback of less than a month na grin...anyway some good financial report with dividend will be out soon to give a likely fake hope

technically any rise is an opportunity to sell for pple waiting on the sideline watching...them day vex right now, imagine 1m unit of UBA that failed to sell around N34 is having paper lost of about 13m now cry

where my pple saying that price broken out upside weeks ago... that index can not move below 100k again cheesy

one thing certain is we are making good money this year... some stock looking very attractive bedsheet flag but it very too early to take action technically lipsrsealed

back to my hole

grin grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iHaveMadeiT2: 12:55pm On Feb 28
yMcy56:

Exactly!
It's from speculators, those FX/Binance guys and hoarders.
The CBN is to blame. The so called speculators are only taking advantage of the situation. Once the CBN does its job by making the dollar available in all or most of the official channels, then speculation will die a natural death. But if the CBN creates scarcity of the dollar, then it will give room for speculation. Nature abhors vacuum.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 12:58pm On Feb 28
QED!!! grin

currentprice:

calm down bro o... NGSEINDEX move up for 9 consecutive months. some stock move 12 months self, we just having pullback of less than a month na grin...anyway some good financial report with dividend will be out soon to give a likely fake hope

technically any rise is an opportunity to sell for pple waiting on the sideline watching... them day vex right now , imagine 1m unit of UBA that failed to sell around N34 is having paper lost of about 13m now cry

where my pple saying that price broken out upside weeks ago... that index can not move below 100k again cheesy

one thing certain is we are making good money this year ... some stock looking very attractive bedsheet flag but it very too early to take action technically lipsrsealed

back to my hole

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:04pm On Feb 28
KarlTom:
FBNH and NASCON on Full Offer grin

CHAI
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:10pm On Feb 28
emmanuelewumi:
Interesting days ahead. Waiting for the outcome of the MPC meeting slated for this month..

February will be bearish.

If you don't have staying power or stocks that are expected to pay bumper dividends, it is advisable to book profit from stocks that have given you good returns in the past 6 months and buy back sometimes in May.

As a matter of fact most of my margin loans are targeted towards May, June and July

That was on the 8th of February 2024

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 1:31pm On Feb 28
iHaveMadeiT2:
Transcorp has been very resilient since late last year
I thought I am the only one who noticed it. When one looks at its resilience against its scary OS, it becomes clear that there is something big likely to happen about it soon.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 1:36pm On Feb 28
What happened to Nestle?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:53pm On Feb 28
yMcy56:
CBN mandates BDCs to sell Dollar with 1% gain..@1314

https://tribuneonlineng.com/cbn-mandates-bdcs-to-sell-us-dollars-at-n1314-01-us/

https://www.nairaland.com/8015212/cbn-mandates-bdcs-sell-us

https://gazettengr.com/cbn-directs-bdcs-to-buy-forex-at-n1301-per-dollar-sell-at-1-profit/
The dollars speculators go collect soon.It may even stabilize earlier than my mid year projection. at #1500

The red you see today will likely not be thr by Monday. Don't allow anyone use your sweat to complete his cycle of hammering on nse.I did not come into nse because of mpc rates and didn't even know what mpc rates existed over 15 yrs ago when we started investing. The school fees we paid was because we didn't check company results we bought many because our brokers said so.Niaja economy is bound to do better than last government therefore nse MUST respond better .Pull back and panic sell is not bear

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:00pm On Feb 28
Streetinvestor2:
The dollars speculators go collect soon.It may even stabilize earlier than my mid year projection. at #1500
You get hope in this government.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:07pm On Feb 28
Funny enough, NASCON has not officially recorded a change in price today.

Thire result fit change things for them oh.

UBA not yet on fullest offer,
Airtel on very full bid. Abi the new monetary rate no dey affect airtel?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 2:19pm On Feb 28
Mpeace:
Funny enough, NASCON has not officially recorded a change in price today.

Thire result fit change things for them oh.

UBA not yet on fullest offer,
Airtel on very full bid. Abi the new monetary rate no dey affect airtel?

we have not even heard news about Board meeting for NASCON, whether they will have the meeting or not. No one is hearing anything

not a report sent to NGX this year at all
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 2:26pm On Feb 28
Mpeace:
You get hope in this government.
Thr can't be any government worse than pmb.If you ever lived in the North or ever met Mb you will realise he was among the worst military officers from the North in all standard,IQ is zero..I am labour all the way and last election was the first time i voted in my life.Then, besides the baggies hanging on balablu shoulders.He is street cradle,an intelligent man,a survivalist for him to go from grass to the present position . He was able to manipulate his way both local and international ....that mean your brain over sharp,lol

Next election may not be this workover of the last one.He must bring positive card to the table or naija may burn.I expect election reform to block some loopholes seen in the last one.
Naija will definitely be better. All projection are pointing towards that.oil is already hitting 1.5 million barrels a day.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 2:51pm On Feb 28
vacanci:

we have not even heard news about Board meeting for NASCON, whether they will have the meeting or not. No one is hearing anything

not a report sent to NGX this year at all
The thing is dey wonder me
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toyeoye(m): 2:51pm On Feb 28
Streetinvestor2:

The red you see today will likely not be thr by Monday. Don't allow anyone use your sweat to complete his cycle of hammering on nse.I did not come into nse because of mpc rates and didn't even know what mpc rates existed over 15 yrs ago when we started investing. The school fees we paid was because we didn't check company results we bought many because our brokers said so.Niaja economy is bound to do better than last government therefore nse MUST respond better .Pull back and panic sell is not bear

This is not panic sale o, this is sapa sale. If not for Airtel, today na bloodbath.
Banks go hear am cos cost of borrowing is more expensive.
Ban and unban no go work if not followed bumper to bumper
Dollar price will still rise if the fundamentals are not sorted
Water will always find a new channel
We dey here!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Calylove: 3:09pm On Feb 28
Bros, I feel your analysis. Its damn on point and accurate.

toyeoye:

This is not panic sale o, this is sapa sale. If not for Airtel, today na bloodbath.
We dey here!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Calylove: 3:11pm On Feb 28
Inflation can have several effects on shareholders' funds in a quoted company. Here are some considerations:

Purchasing Power Erosion:
Inflation leads to a decrease in the purchasing power of money over time. Shareholders' funds, which are denominated in a particular currency, may experience a reduction in real value. This can impact the ability of shareholders to buy the same amount of goods and services with their funds.

Impact on Financial Statements:
Inflation can affect the values reported on a company's financial statements. For example, historical cost accounting methods may not accurately reflect the current market value of assets and liabilities. This can impact the reported book value of shareholders' equity.

Nominal vs. Real Returns:
Shareholders' funds may generate nominal returns, but when adjusted for inflation, the real returns (returns adjusted for the decrease in purchasing power) may be lower. This is particularly relevant for investments and dividends.

Debt Value:
If a company has debt, inflation can impact the real value of outstanding debt. Inflation erodes the real value of money, making it potentially easier for a company to repay debt in inflated currency. However, this also depends on the terms of the debt agreements.

Investment Decisions:
Inflation can influence investment decisions. Shareholders may seek investments or assets that provide returns that outpace inflation to preserve and grow their real wealth. Companies with sound inflation-adjusted strategies may be more attractive to investors.

Interest Rates and Discount Rates:
Inflation can influence interest rates and discount rates. Changes in these rates can impact the present value of future cash flows, affecting valuation metrics used in financial analysis.

Hedging Strategies:
Companies and investors may employ hedging strategies to mitigate the impact of inflation. This can include investing in inflation-protected securities or using financial instruments to hedge against inflation-related risks.

Cost Pressures:
Inflation can lead to increased costs for a company, including raw materials, labor, and other operational expenses. Managing these cost pressures becomes crucial for maintaining profitability and, by extension, shareholders' value.

Market Sentiment:
Inflationary environments can influence overall market sentiment. Investors may react to inflationary pressures by adjusting their expectations, which can impact stock prices and, consequently, shareholders' funds.

It's important to note that the impact of inflation on shareholders' funds can vary based on the specific economic conditions, industry dynamics, and the strategies adopted by the company and its investors. Companies and investors often consider inflation in their financial planning and risk management strategies.

See my signature for ways out of the present hunger in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pizapato(m): 3:16pm On Feb 28
Streetinvestor2:

When I said naira was devalued officially to 1300 few weeks ago, you attacked like I was the one doing the devaluation grin

Anyways, I think CBN's focus now is an attempt to stabilise naira between 1300-1500. Hopefully they can achieve this as it will make life easy for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 3:26pm On Feb 28
toyeoye:

We dey here!
Really, why will bank hear it because of cost of borrowing is more expensive. Or you say it because you saw it somewhere..The only people that will hear it is those seeking to borrow from the bank and banks will make more profits from borrowing from government.
What fundamentals was thr when pmb was and now you have jagaban.what has changed in the forex fundamental apart from the floating by this government. The speculators and hoarders are the ones manipulating the dollars.....we dey here.....how much is it today already .I expect panic sell off of dollars soon from those with small holdings .Then later the government thieves with large holdings will join.I expect the government to ban the use of physical dollars for anything in nigeria. Anything to do with dollars should only be via transfer after the bvn/nin update by banks..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 3:32pm On Feb 28
I forsee interest rates climbing to near 30%..........

All I need right now are bond alerts, my hope is to buy 30-50 year bond at around 18-25% ( not savings bond)......

As discussed textbook theory will say, stocks will match money market rates to stay competitively priced....

So tell me why risk with the above mouth watering rates

I Don sharpen my sword

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 3:42pm On Feb 28
pizapato:

When I said naira was devalued officially to 1300 few weeks ago, you attacked like I was the one doing the devaluation grin

Anyways, I think CBN's focus now is an attempt to stabilise naira between 1300-1500. Hopefully they can achieve this as it will make life easy for everyone.
Thr is difference between government devaluation of the naira which you see in pegged system or controlled floating. I refused to accept your pronouncements of government devaluation in a free float system. What you saw was supply and demand determining price with manipulations by the side.It was not government that announced the exchange price like it use to be.That was my stand
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 3:52pm On Feb 28
maishai:

All I need right now are bond alerts, my hope is to buy 30-50 year bond at around 18-25% ( not savings bond)......

As discussed textbook theory will say, stocks will match money market rates to stay competitively priced....

I Don sharpen my sword
Pls tell me how I am better off with 10 yrs sukuk bond bought at 13% three years ago because I was believing rate was good then.Pls correct me if I am wrong if it was a right decision now based on present reality on ground .It looks to me now that long time investment in bond in naija can be a scam to your fund,lol.I think is better you stick to TB of just one year
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 3:58pm On Feb 28
maishai:

I Don sharpen my sword

trust CBN at your own peril. After mopping up most cash, fixed income rates will drop. afterall MPR was at 18.75% for a long time and during the period, BONDs and TBills were even sold for less than 12% at some point. Even TB went as low as 8% with MPR of 18.75%.
so with the new MPR of 22.75%, it does not mean that all fixed income rates will trend higher forthwith.
If you observed the last primary bond, they were 7 and 10 years and not the usual 30 years we used to see. e get why.

The benefit you get from the bond is that you are not worried about the volatility experienced in the stock market but whether it will eventually beat the stock market is what i cannot agree. When you patiently enter a good stock with fundamentals, you will definitely beat a bond of 20% per annum

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iHaveMadeiT2: 4:08pm On Feb 28
Streetinvestor2:
Thr can't be any government worse than pmb.If you ever lived in the North or ever met Mb you will realise he was among the worst military officers from the North in all standard,IQ is zero..I am labour all the way and last election was the first time i voted in my life.Then, besides the baggies hanging on balablu shoulders.He is street cradle,an intelligent man,a survivalist for him to go from grass to the present position . He was able to manipulate his way both local and international ....that mean your brain over sharp,lol

Next election may not be this workover of the last one.He must bring positive card to the table or naija may burn.I expect election reform to block some loopholes seen in the last one.
Naija will definitely be better. All projection are pointing towards that.oil is already hitting 1.5 million barrels a day.
I agree with you absolutely. Tinubu with all his baggages is still far better than Buhari. Nothing can be as bad as Buhari. He was a disaster. I wonder what those who voted him in 2015 were thinking.

However, any fair minded person would agree with me that Peter Obi would have been best in the current situation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by STOCKPICK: 4:16pm On Feb 28
emmanuelewumi:

That was on the 8th of February 2024

Sir, please what do CSCS charge as custody fee for FGN bonds moved from my bank to my CSCS. Are there other charges Sir? Thank you Sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:55pm On Feb 28
STOCKPICK:

Sir, please what do CSCS charge as custody fee for FGN bonds moved from my bank to my CSCS. Are there other charges Sir? Thank you Sir

I don't think there is a custody fee.

I only wrote a letter to CSCS through my stockbroker that my bond should be migrated from the custody of the bank to CSCS

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:57pm On Feb 28
iHaveMadeiT2:

I agree with you absolutely. Tinubu with all his baggages is still far better than Buhari. Nothing can be as bad as Buhari. He was a disaster. I wonder what those who voted him in 2015 were thinking.

However, any fair minded person would agree with me that Peter Obi would have been best in the current situation.

Elections are over, there are threads on Nairaland for political discussions

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 4:57pm On Feb 28
STOCKPICK:

Note: There is a poor market for bonds through CSCS. But through the bank holding it there is a good market. This note is needed if one changes mind and need to sell in future.

Also CSCS held bond do suffer prompt coupon payment sometimes and one may have to go back and forth to claim missed coupons.

At expiration redemption one needs to complete forms for CSCS held bonds. Unlike bank held bonds that doesn't entail such stress.

These were my experiences with CSCS held bonds. Perhaps things might improve over time. These issues make me to prefer bank managed bonds.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7618) (7619) (7620) (7621) (7622) (7623) (7624) ... (7751) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ositadima1(m), iHaveMadeiT2, Emumakpo, Hajicairo(m), defebe, adamx23(m), Ojoboak(m), Jats2k2002, dapix, KayOn1, Objectivist04, Zegra, Mpeace(m), SonofElElyonRet, ayufun, cocolacec(m), Teeonebaba(m), Prolificlife(f), sterlingD(m) and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.