Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10843283 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7615) (7616) (7617) (7618) (7619) (7620) (7621) ... (7740) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:19pm On Feb 27
lionshare:
whats driving airtelafrica? Any ideas
Share buyback.
Didn't you notice that it was on full bid for days, even with the dumping that happened in early Feb.
Those inside no wan sell..... smiley
https://techpoint.africa/2024/02/01/airtel-africa-eyes-share-buyback/#:~:text=Airtel%20Africa%20Board%20has%20announced,run%20for%20over%20a%20year.

vacanci:
airtel Africa?
The one with just 19 deals and price did not move as of now?
If na you, you go sell?
Something wey start the journey from circa 1200, 1090 or so self...… smiley
Chai!! In less than 4 mths or so, AIRTEL is delivering+100%!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:36pm On Feb 27
FBNH got close to ZEE and retraced for the 2nd time......
The Elephant may still stage a comeback again in near future. Some strong forces seems to be behind the wheels. Lol.
Na my amateur opinion oo. wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 8:53pm On Feb 27
yMcy56:
FBNH got close to ZEE and retraced for the 2nd time......
The Elephant may still stage a comeback again in near future. Some strong forces seems to be behind the wheels. Lol.
Na my amateur opinion oo. wink

Many waited for FBNH bull to lift it to N36 today with less than N1b sef. But the bull no show today. Rather the bears danced, pulling the price down a full 10% with smaller money. Make the FBNH bull return joor.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 9:27pm On Feb 27
Dangote industries bought the sugar plantation in Adamawa state. Can't remember the name now, diluted DANGSUGAR shareholdings as result by some billion units and they still have to import that much.

It begs the question of how much investment they have put into the sugarcane plantation over the years which should have given shareholders a lot more value today given the FX bruhaha.

So much for national sugar masterplan by the FG.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gold360(m): 10:16pm On Feb 27
Good evening all, pls when will UBA and zenith banks pay dividends to their shareholders.?
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 2:24am On Feb 28
Get ready for "Buy one, get one free" in the market once it opens today...
Blood shall flow...

Interesting times ahead...

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 5:01am On Feb 28
For those who are out of the market; the signal has been given ,mpr is above 22%, speculators who are the drivers of liquidity will move in droves to money market...

I expect uba back to #5 by November, zenith to #10 by December

I only pity long termers, cos while discussing all this cycles that has happened in the past, naira devaluation has happened to then

Please once u hit ur position and target in any stock withdraw and go enjoy ur loot, another cycle awaits you though it would be with a poorer valuation set than previous Cos of devaluation

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Boshins: 6:05am On Feb 28
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 6:59am On Feb 28
gold360:
Good evening all, pls when will UBA and zenith banks pay dividends to their shareholders.?
Thank you
They are yet to release their Full year result.Their results are with CBN.After CBN is done we will know how far.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 7:29am On Feb 28
What's the basis of this presumption?

maishai:
For those who are out of the market; the signal has been given ,mpr is above 22%, speculators who are the drivers of liquidity will move in droves to money market...

I only pity long termers, cos while discussing all this cycles that has happened in the past, naira devaluation has happened to then

Please once u hit ur position and target in any stock withdraw and go enjoy ur loot, another cycle awaits you though it would be with a poorer valuation set than previous Cos of devaluation

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:40am On Feb 28
maishai:

Haba, UBA @ N5.00 and Zenith @ N10.00 keh.

I don't the ASI will lose more than 10%.

Although some stocks might lose 50% and above

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 7:41am On Feb 28
“I make no attempt to forecast the market—my efforts are devoted to finding undervalued securities.” - Warren Buffett.
I made a resolution about 2 weeks ago based on 3 thoughts:
1. $1 = N1700 might just be the beginning of the Naira devaluation journey.
2. 20% on fixed income vehicles might just be the beginning of the yield increase journey.
3. The bears we see today might just be the beginning of the ruins to be caused by inflation, devaluation, reserves depletion, interest rates, yields on alternative vehicles etc.

AFRIPRUD at N5.5, $1/N700 had a capitalization of $15.7m.
AFRIPRUD at N7, $1/1700 has a capitalization of $8.2m. Huge change within a year.
Resolution: There may be opportunities to take positions in good stocks in a near time, but the definition of "undervalued" or "opportunity" as it pertains to the Nigerian investment landscape might be subjective and unclear until there's "stability", another subjective/unclear destination.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:41am On Feb 28
Let us see how the stocks that have been manipulated will continue to defend their stock prices
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 7:44am On Feb 28
maishai:

Please once u hit ur position and target in any stock withdraw and go enjoy ur loot, another cycle awaits you though it would be with a
poorer valuation set than previous Cos of devaluation
The bolded no follow at all except there is unforseen circumstances and not MPR above 22%. Even the increase cannot last that long or else what we will have is a battered economy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 7:51am On Feb 28
Capitas7:
.....Resolution: There may be opportunities to take positions in good stocks in a near time, but the definition of "undervalued" or "opportunity" as it pertains to the Nigerian investment landscape might be subjective and unclear until there's "stability", another subjective/unclear destination.
contd...
As long as these remain unclear, holding unto dollar as a businessperson, trader, consumer, investor, salary earner, etc seems like a journey that has no end, especially for people whose predominant transactions are in Naira. I think it is sad that taking substantial positions (1% or more) in some good companies with allowable liquidity is becoming more affordable to foreign smart monies at the expense of the hardwork of many patriotic Nigerians over the years.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 8:06am On Feb 28
The NGX may not behave worse than it is as the news of the MPR is not unexpected. Judging from the last rates increase from the fixed income space, investors already knew what was coming and the stock market already has reacted to that before now.
We see how it goes but for anyone expecting an all time low when we are entering the dividend season should have a rethink.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 8:10am On Feb 28
NESTLE declared no dividend for 2023FY. Ice cream.

EPS 67 to a (100) tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 8:15am On Feb 28
essentialone:
CBN TO FREEZE BANK ACCOUNTS WITHOUT BOTH BVN AND NIN STARTING FROM 1ST APRIL 2024

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) says it will freeze accounts without both a Bank Verification Number (BVN) and National Identification Number (NIN) from 1st April 2024. This is according to a Friday circular by the apex bank which instructed banks to place a “Post no Debit” restriction – which prevents customers from making withdrawals, transfers, or any other debits “for all existing Tier-1 accounts/wallets without BVN and NIN”. ......
I might not understand this well.
Does this mean that Nigerians in diaspora (without NIN) can start biding their dividends goodbye and the bank accounts linked to their stockbroking/registrar accounts may stay frozen till they are able to obtain NIN? How will this affect inflow and outflow of funds from Naira-denominated investments? As it is already, many Nigerians in diaspora invest through accounts created by relatives - how much more complication will this new policy bring?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:22am On Feb 28
Me just dey sip my garri for one corner.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:30am On Feb 28
Zagee:
NESTLE declared no dividend for 2023FY. Ice cream.

EPS 67 to a (100) tongue

Patience is a virtue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 9:32am On Feb 28
megawealth01:

Patience is a virtue

On the bright side foreign participation on NSE is down to 8.5%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:33am On Feb 28
maishai:

We are watching closely
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:34am On Feb 28
Zagee:

On the bright side foreign participation on NSE is down to 8.5%

It's expected until the naira gets a proper DIRECTION
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tpharell: 9:39am On Feb 28
DrAwo:
Get ready for "Buy one, get one free" in the market once it opens today...
Blood shall flow...

Interesting times ahead...
May not turn out to be as bad.
Every financial semi illiterate on the street knew there will be massive rate hikes, and the CBN governor was clear about it right from the outset without mincing words. So I believe real investors have since factored in rates increase and taken positions with that in mind

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:42am On Feb 28
Don't get deceived because they increased rate to 22.75 % the market will crash.The rate whr once 18% during getj and markets didn't crash.It was low during pmb and nothing was happening in the stock market .why was thr no boom then.
The only thing I know that really affects the stock market is the economy. And nigeria economy is bound to improve

Some people want to buy you stock from you cheap after selling high.when they fully enter the market. You will begin to see analysis paralysis. No fall mugu for anyone. This government will never allow the market to crash because it is already being declared as one of its success.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:57am On Feb 28
unite4real:
The NGX may not behave worse than it is as the news of the MPR is not unexpected. Judging from the last rates increase from the fixed income space, investors already knew what was coming and the stock market already has reacted to that before now....
Don't mind that Oga Mashai, he don come again.... smiley
He wan buy UBA for N5 and ZEE for N10....lol

So all those sell off we are witnessing before now, we don't think some people already got hook of the news before now? Or that investors already envisaged it could happen?

Anyway, we will leave it for Mr. Market to decide

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 10:02am On Feb 28
cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:02am On Feb 28
Ding! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:02am On Feb 28
If you are new to stock market. You should try to analyse companies results. They will soon start coming out.That is what really dictate the direction of any company shares.why hasn't mpc rates crashed ucap,seplet, nacho etc since over the yrs.ucap from #2 to above #20,nacho from #3.50 to above #25,seplet from #600 to above #3000.Not every one is ready to lock his money for years

Look at it from personal experience. I bought sukuk bond at 13% then believing rate was high for 10 yrs.Now I realise it is a wash.what is 13% really now and my principal at maturity. Not everyone had intend to reinvest the 13% interest.
The fixed income rates does not determine the growth of shares of a good company with good growth as per its yearly results..E no dey work for naija nse

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:08am On Feb 28
yMcy56:

So all those sell off we are witnessing before now, we don't think some people already got hook of the news before now? Or that investors already envisaged it could happen?

Mr Market is always the decider nobi wetin anyone talk or no talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:18am On Feb 28
yMcy56:

Sis no mind them.like we didn't know rates will continue to go up because of inflation which I don't even believe it will have major empact on it.What is fueling high cost of food stuff is the insecurity. THIS did not allow people to farm.We have shortage of food stuff from states that really do the farming. .The thing that carried AsI to 100k na billionaires stocks and they are not selling it.Airtel will still touch #3500 this yr,transcorp and other will still go up

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 10:20am On Feb 28
PETERiCHY:
FOOD 4 THOUGHT cool

Put a frog into a vessel fill with water and start heating the water.

As the temperature of the water begins to rise, the frog adjust its body temperature accordingly.

The frog keeps adjusting its body temperature with the increasing temperature of the water. Just when the water is about to reach boiling point, the frog cannot adjust anymore.

At this point the frog decides to jump out. The frog tries to jump but it is unable to do so because it has lost all its strength in adjusting with the rising water temperature.

Very soon the frog dies.
What killed the frog?
Think about it!
I know many of us will say the boiling water.

But the truth about what killed the frog was its own inability to decide when to jump out.

We all need to adjust with people & situations, but we need to be sure when we need to adjust & when we need to move on.

There are times when we need to face the situation and take appropriate actions.

If we allow people to exploit us physically, emotionally, financially, spiritually or mentally they will continue to do so.

Let us decide when to jump!
Let's jump while we still have the strength.

*ThE OcToPuS*

Indeed there is fire 🔥🔥🔥 in KATANGA grin grin grin Generational low gang RightNow grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7615) (7616) (7617) (7618) (7619) (7620) (7621) ... (7740) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: smasher1(m), Yem0350, ehay(f), mails4funshi(m), otomatic(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.