Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,209 members, 7,811,569 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7647) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10844154 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7644) (7645) (7646) (7647) (7648) (7649) (7650) ... (7740) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bisiki2: 12:49pm On Mar 07
Transcorp, what a roller coaster!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Objectivist04: 12:56pm On Mar 07
Pls make una help me o, l bought 10k units of Fbnh during their IPO in 2007, when I wanted to sell about 4 years ago, l discovered that the stockbroker I lodged the shares with is no longer in business. So I have to open account with Morgan capital, applied for share transfer but they told me that my former stock broker did not lodged my shares with cscs and so l have to apply for dematerialization which l did.

Today I received call from a Morgan capital staff informing me that the process is completed that l have 3k plus number of shares whereas from my calculation l should have 18k plus factoring in bonuses , l wanted to explain but the guy just banged the phone on me. I called meristem, the lady that picked my call told me she will connect me to the registrar, l hanges on for minutes but nobody picked the call before I decided to seek for advice here.

Note that l have been receiving dividend base on 18k plus even last year, so I don't know where the mix up is coming from.

Thanks for your advice
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 1:02pm On Mar 07
jadyclem:

Abeg chairman no vex, I just want ask you one more question:
How can we know companies that pays yearly dividend? Is there a website where we can check their yearly report before investing in their shares?

https://ngxgroup.com/exchange/data/corporate-actions/

There is a drop down on the page that allows you to see Dividend & Bonus declaration for year 2020 to 2024

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by husu(m): 1:05pm On Mar 07
Objectivist04:
Pls make una help me o, l bought 10k units of Fbnh during their IPO in 2007, when I wanted to sell about 4 years ago, l discovered that the stockbroker I lodged the shares with is no longer in business. So I have to open account with Morgan capital, applied for share transfer but they told me that my former stock broker did not lodged my shares with cscs and so l have to apply for dematerialization which l did.

Today I received call from a Morgan capital staff informing me that the process is completed that l have 3k plus number of shares whereas from my calculation l should have 18k plus factoring in bonuses , l wanted to explain but the guy just banged the phone on me. I called meristem, the lady that picked my call told me she will connect me to the registrar, l hanges on for minutes but nobody picked the call before I decided to seek for advice here.

Note that l have been receiving dividend base on 18k plus even last year, so I don't know where the mix up is coming from.

Thanks for your advice
I They calculated based on the number of certificates giving to them to demateriase. I think your shares are intact on FBN records but the certificates at your disposal may not be complete. you have to bring all including all bonuses issued to you to get it to 18k shares. Your dividends will be complete. anyways

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lionshare: 1:09pm On Mar 07
Why does it seem impossible to buy transcorp power
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 1:14pm On Mar 07
yMcy56:

Lol. You should have started picking in tranches from 50.....

6/3/24
I picked more NASCON 43.35 and Dangsugar (46.5 so it averaged up my WACC to like 44)Make more low come till I'm well loaded. Na just funds be the small limitation. But God dey smiley

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 1:17pm On Mar 07
Objectivist04:

Thanks for your advice

If you are in Lagos, go to Meristem's office at Yaba everything will be sorted. At the registrar's office ask that you want to know your holdings in FBNH if possible ask for a printout of your account. If you have received dividend as at the last payment on 18k plus units, it means the issue will be on the demat process and what played out with your former stockbroker before Morgan.

You can contact me if you need further assistance.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 1:17pm On Mar 07
yMcy56:

Honestly!
E get 4 of them wey dey Waka together like twins...Lol
JAPAUL and CHAMS,
UNITY and JAIZ

Chams and Japaul has been going down down down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 1:20pm On Mar 07
People waiting for MTN to touch 160 levels bayi una sure say e go happen? I just pick small at ₦185 yesterday just in case e no happen because na full bid I dey see so
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Objectivist04: 1:24pm On Mar 07
husu:

I They calculated based on the number of certificates giving to them to demateriase. I think your shares are intact on FBN records but the certificates at your disposal may not be complete. you have to bring all including all bonuses issued to you to get it to 18k shares. Your dividends will be complete. anyways
Unfortunately I don't have them again, most of them are with the dead house.
But I think the reason for dematerialization is because I don't have any certificate
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 1:28pm On Mar 07
jadyclem:
I'm new to this stock investing, please gurus in the house, can you guys please recommend 5 stocks with good future prospects - say 3 -5yrs?
To all the newbies always asking what stock or company should i buy? I will say this once and for all.

NOBODY can tell you what is best for you to buy/sell because they don't know where you are coming from, your risk appetite and where you are headed. I might recommend a stock to you and all i need is for that stock to move 20% so i can make N100M profit, while you will be praying for that same stock to move 100% so you can make N1Million profit.

This is why i am more inclined to discuss companies prospects and performance; rather than buy/sell recommendations.

The stock market, real estate, bonds, T-Bills, SPVs, etc are all investment vehicles..........and the sole job of a vehicle is to get you from point A to B. Now before putting a kobo in any investment vehicle, ask yourself: Where am i now? (Point A) and where am i heading to? (Point B and C). The answer to this question will form the foundation of your investment plan and goal; and will go a long way to determine the type of investment vehicle to take.

Sometimes, it may take boarding and disembarking 2 or 3 investment vehicles to get from point A to C. The timeframe of this journey, the best vehicle to take and the challenges you will face enroute your destination is what nobody can perfectly predict for you.

You will be surprised that you may quit the journey along the way or change your direction as you get older and more experienced. When i was younger and ambitious, my goal was to grow my personal paper portfolio to N1Billion.........As i grew older and experienced, i realised that the only reason i wanted a N1Billion portfolio was just for bragging rights... That excitement is all gone today.

Today, all i want is to keep my money and paper assets moving ahead of inflation.....While making sure that my hard assets are hedged against any political/economic shock; and my children are groomed to carry on the mission once my time on earth is done.

So please, do yourself a favour and start asking the right questions............ Instead of asking for what/when to buy/sell, ask for opinions on company prospects, corporate announcements and company performance based on their Financial statement and future Outlook.

Wanting to make money in the stock market is not enough fire to see you through the perils of the market. You will need a stronger goal and a solid plan to stay and grow in the game.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:31pm On Mar 07
yMcy56:

Lol. You should have started picking in tranches from 50.....

I wish I did. I placed the money on the Transpower queue just in case, with the hope that Nason will still fall today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:34pm On Mar 07
Ginalex:
I picked more NASCON 43.35 and Dangsugar (46.5 so it averaged up my WACC to like 44)Make more low come till I'm well loaded. Na just funds be the small limitation. But God dey smiley

Oh baby let's source for the funds together
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Objectivist04: 1:38pm On Mar 07
emmasoft:

If you are in Lagos, go to Meristem's office at Yaba everything will be sorted. At the registrar's office ask that you want to know your holdings in FBNH if possible ask for a printout of your account. If you have received dividend as at the last payment on 18k plus units, it means the issue will be on the demat process and what played out with your former stockbroker before Morgan.
I am not in Lagos also I have once made enquiry from this same meristem concerning my holding and they gave me the accurate figure

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Objectivist04: 1:40pm On Mar 07
emmasoft:

I am not in Lagos, also I once made an enquiry about my holding from this same meristem and they gave me the accurate figure
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 1:42pm On Mar 07
Please who has the NAFEX exchange rate on 31st December 2023?

If you know how I can get such historical data, I'll be grateful if you share it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 1:44pm On Mar 07
Objectivist04:

Unfortunately I don't have them again, most of then are with the dead house.
But I think the reason for dematerialization is because I don't have any certificate

Dematerialization usually reveals all units plus bonuses held on a company. If that's all there is them that's that. Just one certificate is enough to track all possible outstanding. That was the case for a man I helped out with his zenith shares. Just one certificate and all other plus bonuses were revealed on the form.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 1:45pm On Mar 07
Objectivist04:

I am not in Lagos, also I once made an enquiry about my holding from this same meristem and they gave me the accurate figure
if they gave you the accurate figure that means your shares are intact..just calm down and figure it out with your stockbroker.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:45pm On Mar 07
WAPCO
Someone seems to be accumulating it @33.90/34.00 for the past few trading days now....
Maybe he's just buying for future purpose, for dividend or for a news we don't know yet
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:48pm On Mar 07
[quote author=perfectgen post=128808554][/quote]
Sorry, it's somehow difficult to answer but if you're for long term, you can buy some....
Its still on full bid even today...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:52pm On Mar 07
lionshare:
Why does it seem impossible to buy transcorp power
People were/are getting, even on the first trading day after listing.....
If your bid can be submitted by 9.30am on the dot, there's a possibility of getting.
They've been selling quite a lot to increase liquidity and free float.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 1:52pm On Mar 07
Objectivist04:

In the demat form, there is a portion for lost certificates that is supposed to take care of the certificates you can't find.
Since you already confirm your units, when you get to Meristem or you contact them, complain that you don't have the certificates with you. They will take care.

They are most likely to issue you a demat form stating the particulars of your certificates.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 2:05pm On Mar 07
people are holding on to Nascon and Sugar.

They no wan sell o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:10pm On Mar 07
essentialone:
Chams and Japaul has been going down down down
OK.
Better to dey watch for bargain entry there.... tongue
Accumulations has been ongoing in JAPAUL for quite sometimes now @ circa 1.96

Btw, where are the NSEMPA MTNN analyst oo
It's currently on bid @201.30 with zero offer...
Someone even said na 99naira junction he dey wait for am.... tongue

TRANSCORP PLC: 298M units in transactions so far.....with over 5B staked in it....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 2:11pm On Mar 07
Where Tony hide UCAP result o?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lionshare: 2:13pm On Mar 07
yMcy56:

People were/are getting, even on the first trading day after listing.....
If your bid can be submitted by 9.30am on the dot, there's a possibility of getting.
They've been selling quite a lot to increase liquidity and free float.

Thanks for your response! Maybe its Meristem acting up----its frustrating! Can you recommend another broker?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:15pm On Mar 07
lionshare:
Thanks for your response! Maybe its Meristem acting up----its frustrating! Can you recommend another broker?
Morgan Capital Securities Limited
Or
Atlas's Portfolios Limited
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:22pm On Mar 07
yMcy56:

Morgan Capital Securities Limited
Or
Atlas's Portfolios Limited
You for add say morgan is better.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Objectivist04: 2:32pm On Mar 07
Zagee:

Dematerialization usually reveals all units plus bonuses held on a company. If that's all there is them that's that. Just one certificate is enough to track all possible outstanding. That was the case for a man I helped out with his zenith shares. Just one certificate and all other plus bonuses were revealed on the form.
Thank you very much, I don't think one needs to come with all certificates as one is enough to trace one's shares, again what is the sense behind paying my dividend base on my actual holding and still want me to go extra mile to prove that I have such number of units.
Are dividends not directly tied to number of units one holds or must we stress ourselves on simple issues in this country ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Objectivist04: 2:39pm On Mar 07
emmasoft:

In the demat form, there is a portion for lost certificates that is supposed to take care of the certificates you can't find.
Since you already confirm your units, when you get to Meristem or you contact them, complain that you don't have the certificates with you. They will take care.

They are most likely to issue you a demat form stating the particulars of your certificates.
My stockbroker said l should not write anything on the form except my signatures, so I don't know how he filled the portion you are talking about and the guy attending to me is not patient enough to hear me out.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 2:53pm On Mar 07
yMcy56:

OK.
Better to dey watch for bargain entry there.... tongue
Accumulations has been ongoing in JAPAUL for quite sometimes now @ circa 1.96

Btw, where are the NSEMPA MTNN analyst oo
It's currently on bid @210.30 with zero offer...
Someone even said na 99naira junction he dey wait for am.... tongue

TRANSCORP PLC: 298M units in transactions so far.....with over 5B staked in it....

Stocks never move in a straight line; you know that, right? tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 2:56pm On Mar 07
Objectivist04:

My stockbroker said l should not write anything on the form except my signatures, so I don't know how he filled the portion you are talking about and the guy attending to me is not patient enough to hear me out.

You are not the one to fill the portion. As @Zagee said once you have one certificate or even without certificates all details of every certificate can be provided by the registrars and lodged into cscs.
I will advise you to engage Meristem more. Complain that you don't have your FBNH certificates and you wish to demat your holdings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7644) (7645) (7646) (7647) (7648) (7649) (7650) ... (7740) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Curiouscity(m), UncleBone, kolaish(m), SetrakusRa(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.