Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7659) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10843137 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7656) (7657) (7658) (7659) (7660) (7661) (7662) ... (7740) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 8:22pm On Mar 14
Adinije:

For people that are always advocating, "Convert your naira to dollar and invest in US stock", This will shock you. I was playing around my trove app and decided you use the small $$ I have there to buy random stock. I just checked the app this evening only to discover that my portfolio is down by 100% $0 left. E shock me.

Naira might be shit but this kind of thing can't happen in NGX. Even dead stocks on NGX won't drop to #0

Mathematically, no stock can come down to zero. Nobody trades -100% for it to be zero.

Let's assume it actually happened which I am sure it never did, pls mention the name of the company let's investigate if the company still exist. Portfolio going down to zero means that the company doesn't exist anymore just because of traders.
Make you fear God na

Here is the maths.
Anytime a stock does the worst let's say loose 99% in a single day of trade in the US market, the remaining 1% starts another journey. Let's also assume the worse happens to it. It means the remaining value can also loose another 99% of value. This trend can continue without an end .
Example, of the initial value is $100. You can loose $99 in a day. The remaining $1 can loose 99% and this comes to $0.01. this amount can also loose 99% and this comes to $0.0001

No stocks can loose 100% because it means one is trading zero amount.

Make you fear God abeg

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ballzproblemm: 8:23pm On Mar 14
Adinije:

For people that are always advocating, "Convert your naira to dollar and invest in US stock", This will shock you. I was playing around my trove app and decided you use the small $$ I have there to buy random stock. I just checked the app this evening only to discover that my portfolio is down by 100% $0 left. E shock me.

Naira might be shit but this kind of thing can't happen in NGX. Even dead stocks on NGX won't drop to #0

dumbo c**t invest in random US stock and got her reward.

"US STOCK MARKET BAD! NIGERIA STOCK EXCHANGE GOOD !"

US Stock market rewards stupidity perhaps you should stick to NGX.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 8:26pm On Mar 14
Adinije:

Probably you traded with a leveraged account. It can happen on NSE too. I think some stockbrokers offer margin loans. However, they may not liquidate your position without first giving you the opportunity to refinance when your position goes red.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ballzproblemm: 8:27pm On Mar 14
stupid agenda merchant,by Dec dollar will be over #2000 your naira will keep depreciating while those with sense that invested in dollars will be smiling to the bank 😒.

inflation will erode your naira finish .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 8:27pm On Mar 14
unite4real:

Mathematically, no stock can come down to zero. Nobody trades -100% for it to be zero.

Let's assume it actually happened which I am sure it never did, pls mention the name of the company let's investigate if the company still exist. Portfolio going down to zero means that the company doesn't exist anymore just because of traders.
Make you fear God na
I'm not making it up. Meself shock. Never knew this is possible.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 8:39pm On Mar 14
Adinije:
I'm not making it up. Meself shock. Never knew this is possible.

Volcon is still alive bro

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 8:44pm On Mar 14
unite4real:

Volcon is still alive bro
I just noticed that it is now at 0.69. But how was it able to touch $0.00 before reversing

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 9:06pm On Mar 14
Adinije:
I just noticed that it is now at 0.69. But how was it able to touch $0.00 before reversing

It never touched 0.00.

Think about it this way. How does one trade a stock whose value is zero. Your total units amount to zero value and so at this point, you practically own nothing. Anything multiplied by zero is zero. So there cannot be any gain from zero.

There must be a glitch somewhere on the app you are using.

Below is one month historical highs and lows. It never touched zero

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 9:09pm On Mar 14
Below is 52 weeks range and it didn't even go below 0.5 as u can see.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 9:13pm On Mar 14
unite4real:
Below is 52 weeks range and it didn't even go below 0.5 as u can see.
I guess it's glitch
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:59pm On Mar 14
Ballzproblemm:
stupid agenda merchant,by Dec dollar will be over #2000 your naira will keep depreciating while those with sense that invested in dollars will be smiling to the bank 😒.

By December it will be 2,000 000.Be deceiving yourself and your fellow like minds

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sirrotex: 10:09pm On Mar 14
CSCS
beejay1:
Good evening, how do I report a registrar who has refused to pay me my outstanding dividend for over 3 months after first contact? Is it CSCS or SEC?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 10:17pm On Mar 14
Ballzproblemm:

How did you arrive at N2000 to the USD? What events have you identified to bring this about? I am only interested in the reasoning behind your conclusion. Bien venue.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAkpamudehe: 10:49pm On Mar 14
Harvestock01:

How did you arrive at N2000 to the USD? What events have you identified to bring this about? I am only interested in the reasoning behind your conclusion. Bien venue.

These questions you asked are beyond his intelligence and station. How do you expect someone with scrotum issues to write sensibly?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RichEstate(m): 12:24am On Mar 15
Why not just focus on S&P 500 and just few blue-chip.
Adinije:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 7:07am On Mar 15
Am I missing something abi today no be March 15th, 2024.
No be January 31 the Registrar suppose credit CSCS account from the circular abi dey want make we stop to dey buy Rights Issue?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 7:20am On Mar 15
Deadly truth & other investors of IEI,

I am still waiting for the answer of the question I asked yesterday.

IEI will be trading at a bargain junction today.The stock is likely to touch #1.21 today.

If they still have their minority shareholders in mind, buying at the lowest price of #1.21 today shouldn't be neglected.

My worries
I learned the core investor bought the company 100% at 1.60 per share.Based on their latest report, the core investor has 50.6% of the total shares.From my findings, the core investor has applied for a mandatory takeover bid of the remaining 49.4% which belongs to the minority shareholders but at what price?

Whichever way, the stock at #1.21 down to #1.00 is a win win and I will be entering the stock at it's 10% loss today.

Still expecting your views/opinions on this matter.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bizibi(m): 7:52am On Mar 15
Streetinvestor2:
By December it will be 2,000 000.Be deceiving yourself and your fellow like minds
you dey mind that one.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 8:09am On Mar 15
Streetinvestor2:
By December it will be below 1,200. You fit bet?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 8:30am On Mar 15
beejay1:
Good evening, how do I report a registrar who has refused to pay me my outstanding dividend for over 3 months after first contact? Is it CSCS or SEC?

SEC - ultimate regulator for the capital market.

Hopefully, you have written reminders to the registrar after first contact.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:13am On Mar 15
Locotrader:
Deadly truth & other investors of IEI,

I am still waiting for the answer of the question I asked yesterday.

IEI will be trading at a bargain junction today.The stock is likely to touch #1.21 today.

If they still have their minority shareholders in mind, buying at the lowest price of #1.21 today shouldn't be neglected.

My worries
I learned the core investor bought the company 100% at 1.60 per share.Based on their latest report, the core investor has 50.6% of the total shares.From my findings, the core investor has applied for a mandatory takeover bid of the remaining 49.4% which belongs to the minority shareholders but at what price?

Whichever way, the stock at #1.21 down to #1.00 is a win win and I will be entering the stock at it's 10% loss today.

Still expecting your views/opinions on this matter.
It was part of my school fees those days.it was later reconstructed to 5 for 1 .Then news later came that new investors was going to buy us out at #1.60 I think since 2 or 3 yrs now.No one paid us after that.The next the stock resumes trading this yr.So we don't know the position of past arrangement/agreements reached.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:18am On Mar 15
9free:

By December it will be below 1,200. You fit bet?
That has always been my position if you have been seeing my post.i was only responding to enemy of my country. I am expecting 1k though agencies have been projecting #1.2k.
I want to even convert the small from yrs in dom account from gtbank to invest in Tp when it pulls back to #350

Two eliminates now are in favour of naira
1 Remittances from abroad are now coming in through proper channels because the rates are converging .
2.The crude productions has been increasing gradually and government will likely seek increase for naija quota from opec back to 1.8 million barrels soon
And lastly that money laundering enabler called binance ceo will be jailed soon in US.Then naija will have a free hand to put six inches nail on the two executives in our custody and thr won't be international condemnation
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 9:32am On Mar 15
Streetinvestor2:
It was part of my school fees those days.it was later reconstructed to 5 for 1 .Then news later came that new investors was going to buy us out at #1.60 I think since 2 or 3 yrs now.No one paid us after that.The next the stock resumes trading this yr.So we don't know the position of past arrangement/agreements reached.

Thank you for this response.
If that is the case, they can't pay off minority below #1.60.From my observations the insurance company has turned around and now in a new office.

Buying btw #1.00 to #1.21 to sell at #1.60 is not a bad pattern of trading.

The new investor may also decide to carry their shareholders along but not by sinking the price.

I am interested in acquiring some stakes here since they have the lowest OS among other insurance stocks and a good EPS & positive results.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:53am On Mar 15
beejay1:
Write them a reminder.And always
copy sec this reminders as you send to the registrar
Then make sure your reminders always have clear dates like 16/03/2024 Well spelt out.Then quote the last date on every new reminder so that sec will see how long this has been going on as you copy them.Make the reminders a weekly or two weeks interval

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:00am On Mar 15
Ding! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 10:03am On Mar 15
Locotrader:

Thank you for this response.
If that is the case, they can't pay off minority below #1.60.From my observations the insurance company has turned around and now in a new office.

Buying btw #1.00 to #1.21 to sell at #1.60 is not a bad pattern of trading.

The new investor may also decide to carry their shareholders along but not by sinking the price.

I am interested in acquiring some stakes here since they have the lowest OS among other insurance stocks and a good EPS & positive results.

Whilst it is good to look at the current EPS, also look at the Revenue reserves/accumulated losses to figure how many years it will take to wipe out.

The shareholder's fund value, Statement of Financial Position and notes to the account contain some more insights.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 10:07am On Mar 15
Frangel:

Whilst it is good to look at the current EPS, also look at the Revenue reserves/accumulated losses to figure how many years it will take to wipe out.

The shareholder's fund value, Statement of Financial Position and notes to the account contain some more insights.

The best idea now is to dive in at a bargain zone which is 95kobo - #1.05
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 10:15am On Mar 15
KarlTom:
Ding! grin grin
NGX would soon come and carry you from your house to be ringing opening bell for start of trading on the floor grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 11:00am On Mar 15
Seems this network disruption is affecting most virtual platforms... sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:02am On Mar 15
GTCO: 44
ZENITH: 38
FBNH: 36

yMcy56:
FBNH got close to ZEE and retraced for the 2nd time......
The Elephant may still stage a comeback again in near future. Some strong forces seems to be behind the wheels. Lol.
Na my amateur opinion oo. smiley
Feb 27 smiley
Let's see how Elephant handles it this time around...lol

@Princkez that Oga we told to exercise patience that time needs to pay us Royalty o grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:23am On Mar 15
Dull market today...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 11:50am On Mar 15
yMcy56:
GTCO: 44
ZENITH: 38
FBNH: 36

Feb 27 smiley
Let's see how Elephant handles it this time around...lol

@Princkez that Oga we told to exercise patience that time needs to pay us Royalty o grin
I'm here ooo...still holding my FBNH tight

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7656) (7657) (7658) (7659) (7660) (7661) (7662) ... (7740) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: omeleman, Jerekre(m), Desanta(m), Babynerd and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.