Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7663) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10917755 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7660) (7661) (7662) (7663) (7664) (7665) (7666) ... (7764) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 3:10pm On Mar 18
But you share your dividends with the state through tax
Ades1:

When I see all the stress people here do for small figures like 170k, 200k, 300k, I laugh hahahahaha..... Do you know how much blood pressure one would have to undergo for these small small profits?? This is why I outlined all methods and decided dividends was my best route for peace of mind. I am glad I did, [b]I would be mad if I were sharing my profits with broker[/b]s

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 3:12pm On Mar 18
Ades1:

When I see all the stress people here do for small figures like 170k, 200k, 300k, I laugh hahahahaha..... Do you know how much blood pressure one would have to undergo for these small small profits?? This is why I outlined all methods and decided dividends was my best route for peace of mind. I am glad I did, I would be mad if I were sharing my profits with brokers

Dividend is a function of your capital...
if u are sittin on a good deal of cash...
Then one may consider waiting for year to collect a paltry
NGX 10% DY...
Why should I wait for dividend when I can do 100% within a month ...
And still come back and collect same dividend...

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 3:19pm On Mar 18
Ades1:

When I see all the stress people here do for small figures like 170k, 200k, 300k, I laugh hahahahaha..... Do you know how much blood pressure one would have to undergo for these small small profits?? This is why I outlined all methods and decided dividends was my best route for peace of mind. I am glad I did, I would be mad if I were sharing my profits with brokers

Nothing stops you from using 50 million to trade. At least an 8.5% return should give you a profit close to 4.5 million. With such moderately large capital, you would not have the flexibility that someone with smaller capital has. You would need to check liquidity before entering a trade. You can invest 50 million in target stocks 2 or 3 times a year and close with a profit of around 15 million for the year. Or, you could aim for higher returns; the possibilities are endless.

It is a misconception to think that you are not "sharing money with other parties" when you depend on dividends. In reality, you share your profits with the company's staff, raw material vendors, and through taxes. In short, you cannot conduct any business without using part of your revenue to facilitate costs.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 3:51pm On Mar 18
ositadima1:

Nothing stops you from using 50 million to trade. At least an 8.5% return should give you a profit close to 4.5 million. With such moderately large capital, you would not have the flexibility that someone with smaller capital has. You would need to check liquidity before entering a trade. You can invest 50 million in target stocks 2 or 3 times a year and close with a profit of around 15 million for the year. Or, you could aim for higher returns; the possibilities are endless.

It is a misconception to think that you are not "sharing money with other parties" when you depend on dividends. In reality, you share your profits with the company's staff, raw material vendors, and through taxes. In short, you cannot conduct any business without using part of your revenue to facilitate costs.

One thing I have realized is that traders only show their wins, they never show their devastating losses. The risk/reward of N4.5M on a N50M investment is a joke imo. When you can use that 50m to collect around 3M in your savings completely risk free.

We've seen traders here change their minds depending on what the market does for the day. Today it is bull because markets are green, tomorrow it is bear because of 3% down, do you not think they are equally trading based on these sentiments.

My NGX portfolio is up around 200% and growing because I have held through thick and thin. I have also invested most of the dividend payments. This is why 170k is small in my eyes today, I probably had different views of that same amount 3-4 years ago

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 4:03pm On Mar 18
Ades1:

One thing I have realized is that traders only show their wins, they never show their devastating losses. The risk/reward of N4.5M on a N50M investment is a joke imo. When you can use that 50m to collect around 3M in your savings completely risk free.

We've seen traders here change their minds depending on what the market does for the day. Today it is bull because markets are green, tomorrow it is bear because of 3% down, do you not think they are equally trading based on these sentiments.

My NGX portfolio is up around 200% and growing because I have held through thick and thin. I have also invested most of the dividend payments. This is why 170k is small in my eyes today, I probably had different views of that same amount 3-4 years ago

No one is immune to risk. If in doubt, ask those who bought Nigerian Breweries' shares above 100 naira or those who lost their money when companies went under, even here on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NGX).

You have to first understand that traders and dividend investors are running different businesses.

A trader's business is to speculate on the movement of a stock while keeping risks low, while a dividend investor's business is the same as the stocks they hold as a part-owner, also trying to keep risk low.

As long as stock prices move up and down, there is a business opportunity and money to be made by traders.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BuchyD: 6:24pm On Mar 18
Dey Play!

When I see all the stress people here do for small figures like 170k, 200k, 300k, I laugh hahahahaha..... Do you know how much blood pressure one would have to undergo for these small small profits?? This is why I outlined all methods and decided dividends was my best route for peace of mind. I am glad I did, I would be mad if I were sharing my profits with brokers [/quote]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:38pm On Mar 18
BuchyD:
Dey Play!

When I see all the stress people here do for small figures like 170k, 200k, 300k, I laugh hahahahaha..... Do you know how much blood pressure one would have to undergo for these small small profits??
.... I would be mad if I were sharing my profits with brokers
No be small thing..... cheesy
.....and whosoever says Traders dey get hbp for trading. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 6:48pm On Mar 18
yMcy56:

No be small thing..... cheesy
.....and whosoever says Traders dey get hbp for trading. smiley
I wonder what is wrong in buying Dangsugar at 47 and selling at 60 for quick gain. Or buying MTN at 190 and selling at 240

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 6:57pm On Mar 18
Adinije:
I wonder what is wrong in buying Dangsugar at 47 and selling at 60 for quick gain. Or buying MTN at 190 and selling at 240

Flipping buggers is your full-time job I see. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:09pm On Mar 18
Adinije:
I wonder o. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 7:10pm On Mar 18
See JB ooohhhh!!!!!
See FBNH ooooohhh!!!!
See UBA ooohhhhh!!!!
And my village people make me throway these three stocks while pursuing 16naira EPS of Zenith and GTCO.
This one humble me sha.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 7:18pm On Mar 18
Adinije:

Nothing is wrong if you have decent capital to invest. My point is N170k you profit today, can be lost in the very next trade. Even the jijo master Loco has said his ultimate goal is dividends.

My message was the RISK/REWARD part of trading. If you can get it right 90% of the time by all means keep at it. Who here has 50m and is risking it for 12% or so, when they can get 6-10% RISK FREE?

We all dey this market, 5 years ago lots of us were young, small timers and saw N200k as big money, 5 years in, I have outgrown it, 200k can't even shake the portfolio again. The same thing can be said about every INVESTOR who kept at it for the last 5 years.

Traders on the other hand, are still hustling for the same N200k they hustled 5 years ago. I made my intentions known from my very first post, I am not here for small money, I am here for HUGE amounts

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MARKETJJC: 7:32pm On Mar 18
Ades1:

Nothing is wrong if you have decent capital to invest. My point is N170k you profit today, can be lost in the very next trade. Even the jijo master Loco has said his ultimate goal is dividends.

My message was the RISK/REWARD part of trading. If you can get it right 90% of the time by all means keep at it. Who here has 50m and is risking it for 12% or so, when they can get 6-10% RISK FREE?

We all dey this market, 5 years ago lots of us were young, small timers and saw N200k as big money, 5 years in, I have outgrown it, 200k can't even shake the portfolio again. The same thing can be said about every INVESTOR who kept at it for the last 5 years.

Traders on the other hand, are still hustling for the same N200k they hustled 5 years ago. I made my intentions known from my very first post, I am not here for small money, I am here for HUGE amounts

Trading is cool for those that have the temperament. I used solely trading to grow 500k that I started trading with (after my NYSC) TO 4.5MILLION. This is exactly one year that I started trading. I thank God that I jam this platform, Mercy na ultimate. And Loco too

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 7:35pm On Mar 18
MARKETJJC:

Trading is cool for those that have the temperament. I used solely trading to grow 500k that I started trading with (after my NYSC) TO 4.5MILLION. This is exactly one year that I started trading. I thank God that I jam this platform, Mercy na ultimate. And Loco too

Wow! Congrats you 4X'd your money in 12 months! That's a huge feat, would you be kind enough to share screenshots of your buys and sells? This will definitely motivate lot of people here. Even me, I may sell everything and join the train.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MrDiligence: 8:01pm On Mar 18
Ades1:

Wow! Congrats you 4X'd your money in 12 months! That's a huge feat, would you be kind enough to share screenshots of your buys and sells? This will definitely motivate lot of people here. Even me, I may sell everything and join the train.

Not 4x but 9x!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MARKETJJC: 8:13pm On Mar 18
Ades1:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 8:25pm On Mar 18
As much as I commend your message, I have a feeling you do not care about 'small scale traders' and you do not hide that feeling.

However, a closer look at this quoted message shows that you actually are open to TRADING & INVESTING. All you seek is the one with the highest YIELD and lowest RISK.

200k is big money if it can be made every day (that's roughly ₦6m p.m.). This is at variance with someone who is growing his/er portfolio solely on dividend. S/he go old for there grin

Like @Ositadinma said, one thing is certain: every price movement is an opportunity to make money (either passive as price appreciation/dividend or active by trading/ JIJO).

All of the above have their fair share of RISK. wink

To each mallam his kettle... grin

Ades1:

My message was the RISK/REWARD part of trading. If you can get it right 90% of the time by all means keep at it. Who here has 50m and is risking it for 12% or so, when they can get 6-10% RISK FREE ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MARKETJJC: 8:31pm On Mar 18
Ades1:

Actually, it should be more than that cause I had taken it as my job, so I trade everyday and at the end of the month, I will withdraw my salary from it. The #4.5million actually my current account balance. If I should factor in all my withdrawals then the total money realized in the twelve months should be around #7million in all using 500k as capital.

Abeg, trading dey pay if one get the temperament.

My own condition is that I am not in love with any company and I don't mind losing every now and then. I dey quickly cut my loss and run enter another trade. I don't really care about broker's fee as long as I dey make my own money

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Itsrm(m): 8:45pm On Mar 18
The last one year is an anomally. Anyone can make money in a bull market.

Will like to see the same skills when the bear returns.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MARKETJJC: 8:47pm On Mar 18
Itsrm:

I am open to all possibilities including paying multiple school fees.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 9:06pm On Mar 18
KarlTom:
As much as I commend your message, I have a feeling you do not care about 'small scale traders' and you do not hide that feeling.

However, a closer look at this quoted message shows that you actually are open to TRADING & INVESTING. All you seek is the one with the highest YIELD and lowest RISK.

200k is big money if it can be made every day (that's roughly ₦6m p.m.). This is at variance with someone who is growing his/er portfolio solely on dividend. S/he go old for there grin

Like @Ositadinma said, one thing is certain: every price movement is an opportunity to make money (either passive as price appreciation/dividend or active by trading/ JIJO).

All of the above have their fair share of RISK. wink

To each mallam his kettle... grin

Oh I am here to make money for sure, it is always about the risk/reward for me. And I find it misleading when people talk about their success and not their failures. If a trader has been making N200k daily consistently for the past 5 years, how much will they be sitting on today? Will that trader still be going through all that stress on top of N200k? I will even call name, if Osita has been a successful trader for the past 5 years, making N200k daily, do you think he will still be chasing 200k?

Like I said, if your success rate is 90%, matter of fact even 70%, keep at it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 9:21pm On Mar 18
Zagee:

Flipping buggers is your full-time job I see. grin
grin We can do both. Dividend and trading

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 9:23pm On Mar 18
Ades1:

Well you are right to some extent. However, both methods are not mutually exclusive.

Some of us have low risk appetite. So even the trading parts are done with sound stocks. That's why I made reference to MTNN & Dangsugar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:28pm On Mar 18
I now have one of my portfolio for jijo.I will never sell any stock even for jijo for anything less than 20%.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 9:51pm On Mar 18
MARKETJJC:

Actually, it should be more than that cause I had taken it as my job, so I trade everyday and at the end of the month, I will withdraw my salary from it. The #4.5million actually my current account balance. If I should factor in all my withdrawals then the total money realized in the twelve months should be around #7million in all using 500k as capital.

Abeg, trading dey pay if one get the temperament.

My own condition is that I am not in love with any company and I don't mind losing every now and then. I dey quickly cut my loss and run enter another trade. I don't really care about broker's fee as long as I dey make my own money
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 11:23pm On Mar 18
This is not financial advice. More of S.A. (Spiritual Analysis). Afam power plant (Afam Power PLC) will be brought under Transpower Plc in the near or not too far future...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 3:12am On Mar 19
Ades1:

let me just correct you on one assertion!
LOCO is never for DIVIDEND but Capital APPRECIATION!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 4:49am On Mar 19
Mfunkynation:

let me just correct you on one assertion!
LOCO is never for DIVIDEND but Capital APPRECIATION!

Loco has said it here publicly that his GOAL is to have ENOUGH capital to invest and forget all the headaches of jijo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 5:46am On Mar 19
Ades1:

Oh I am here to make money for sure, it is always about the risk/reward for me. And I find it misleading when people talk about their success and not their failures. If a trader has been making N200k daily consistently for the past 5 years, how much will they be sitting on today? Will that trader still be going through all that stress on top of N200k? I will even call name, if Osita has been a successful trader for the past 5 years, making N200k daily, do you think he will still be chasing 200k?

Like I said, if your success rate is 90%, matter of fact even 70%, keep at it.

Is 170k not money, and why do you think it is causing me stress? I ask this question because it seems to be a common theme in all your responses so far.

The ETI I called closed at its highest point of the day, and it may possibly gain another 10% to 20% or even more.

I have already told you that if you prefer, you can chase the same 8.5% return with 50 million. You said that is risky and prone to losses, then I clarified that every investment carries some risk of loss.

The funny part is that I was using the 2 million figure as an example, yet you started making personal assumptions.

Do you know whether I am a dividend investor or if that 2 million is just a portion of my annual dividend that I dedicated to this particular investment? Do you know how I generate my trading calls? How can you assume I am feeling stressed?

Do you know whether I have an automated system that generates such trading calls? You seem to be making too many assumptions, my friend.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 5:50am On Mar 19
lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:16am On Mar 19
Itsrm:

As a newbie who is still refining their skills, I believe that a bear market will generate more of those 10% opportunities. If the focus is only on quality stocks like GTCO and others, there is potential for such gains.

Especially in GTCO's last bear market in 2022, I studied its movement and noticed that its decline was not a straight line. It would fall, then in oversold regions, it would rebound, often making a 7 to 8 percent upward move (taking a couple of days) before falling lower. It repeated this pattern many times. The best part is that it was doing so with good trading volume.

I am still learning o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:39am On Mar 19
Itsrm:

Lol. The good thing is that both bull and bear makes money for traders. smiley

While the rate of JIJO in bear is restricted and is more of hunting for good bargains, bull makes it much easier to enter/exit, even with little gains or small haircut, which can be collected back in another bullish one.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7660) (7661) (7662) (7663) (7664) (7665) (7666) ... (7764) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: francisobiabo(m), Mpeace(m), ernie4life(m), iyb(m), Jerry59, emmasoft(m), Olaide1295, debeey87(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.