Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,744 members, 7,844,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7771) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11003475 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7768) (7769) (7770) (7771) (7772) (7773) (7774) ... (7794) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SetrakusRa(m): 7:59am On May 14
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mills55: 8:29am On May 14
Something is not just adding up. First bank is yet to release results. Both full year 2023 and first quarter 2024. This is really suspicious oo.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 8:44am On May 14
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SetrakusRa(m): 9:17am On May 14
chimex38:

Wahala...this is serious Oo!
25% + Directorship?!!!!

They must be smoking something. Bandits as significant shareholders?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 9:35am On May 14
SetrakusRa:

They must be smoking something. Bandits as significant shareholders?
I read Ijaw group of some kind.
Are they the host community?
Probably fighting for some sort of compesation..but Wrong approach.

Is Okomu's location an Ijaw community in Edo?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 9:49am On May 14
Actually, they are raising the bar to get a good deal during negotiations.
Now there will be an unwarranted rise in the operating costs of OKOMU.
This is a similar scenario to the crude oil discuss: SECURITY.
Recall that OKOMU has at least FOUR expatriates on their board.

This whole situation brings to mind the Niger Delta Agitation... It. Is. Well sad

chimex38:

Wahala...this is serious Oo!
25% + Directorship?!!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 9:58am On May 14
KarlTom:
Actually, they are raising the bar to get a good deal during negotiations.
Now there will be an unwarranted rise in the operating costs of OKOMU.
This is a similar scenario to the crude oil discuss: SECURITY.
Recall that OKOMU has at least FOUR expatriates on their board.

This whole situation brings to mind the Niger Delta Agitation... It. Is. Well sad

Looks like Land Ownership/compensation disputes. Or just the wickedness of unproductive folk that want to reap where they didn't sow. Has Okomu used all the land in the area. Are there no other unproductive lands in the area lying fallow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 9:59am On May 14
Yes. The IJAW are their hosts... sad
chimex38:
I read Ijaw group of some kind.
Are they the host community?
Probably fighting for some sort of compesation..but Wrong approach.

Is Okomu's location an[b] Ijaw community[/b] in Edo?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:00am On May 14
Ding! wink

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:02am On May 14
Actually it happens everywhere: only in varying degrees of entitlement and force.
We have the omo onile who harrass builders on construction site.
The claim of the militants can be termed host community entitlement. However, 25% is unthinkable...
BabsO2:

Looks like Land Ownership disputes. Or just the wickedness of unproductive folk that want to reap where they didn't sow. Has Okomu used all the land in the area. Are there no other unproductive lands in the area lying fallow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 10:13am On May 14
KarlTom:
Actually it happens everywhere: only in varying degrees of entitlement and force.
We have the omo onile who harrass builders on construction site.
The claim of the militants can be termed host community entitlement. However, 25% is unthinkable...

Many places across many states are unproductive because of host community entitlement spirit. It chases away people migrating there for ventures when these entitlement spirits don't waste time to shed blood. When you see a state with net migration out of it this entitlement spirit must be wicked in such places.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 10:42am On May 14
Good morning all,
TANTALIZER - what am I missing or is another Multiverse loading
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 10:54am On May 14
The people that sold Regency Alliance(My Dog water) yesterday @ N0.31
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Boshins: 10:59am On May 14
KayOn1:
Good morning all,
they had a successful private placement... cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 11:03am On May 14
Boshins:

The euphoria?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MARKETJJC: 11:04am On May 14
KayOn1:
Good morning all,

It looks like it is going to do wetin other members of his category done do, break a new high of above #1 like Daar, Deapcap, Omatek, ABC. Make we dey watch cuz it seems like the company and their MM na dem wan move am
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MARKETJJC: 11:08am On May 14
Boshins:

Maybe something like that because those that put 1 billion no be mumu. Maybe there are other things.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 11:08am On May 14
Boshins:

Wow, Really, no wonder. I didn't even hear of it. Well those inside already enjoy.
Those chasing, all the best.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 11:11am On May 14
MARKETJJC:

It looks like it is going to do wetin other members of his category done do, break a new high of above #1 like Daar, Deapcap, Omatek, ABC. Make we dey watch cuz it seems like the company and their MM na dem wan move am

Those inside, enjoy. It flashed @0.39 but when I looked at the Qtr1 result, I just moved on not knowing they just had a PP. It is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 11:15am On May 14
MARKETJJC:

Very possible. That kind free money, when person dey jolly with am eh, ...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 11:26am On May 14
Plenty movement in the Insurance Sector... wink

Are their FY results imminent?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by delvzy(m): 11:27am On May 14
An additional data will be to compare with the estimated reserves of each nation. In our own case, too many holes dey this pipeline of a thing.
KarlTom:
Two major factors that increase cost of production
1. Type of field: Desert or deep water well.
2. Security.
Let me shock you, the highest cost of production is actually USD70 for USA smiley

On the bolded, let me give you an excerpt that was not captured by Punch:
"Zacch Adedeji, chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), told lawmakers last week that oil companies operating in Nigeria gave tax authorities $48.71 as their average cost of producing crude oil per barrel in Nigeria. "

That's the reason I said security is a major factor behind the high production cost. International oil companies are leaving the sector because security payouts are gulping their resources...

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by delvzy(m): 11:35am On May 14
With the series of events happening to OKOMU, won't it be wise to DIVERSIFY to other regions that are relatively safe?
It doesn't have to be sudden but it could be gradual. You don't want a situation where the whole business operation is put on hold when something like this happens again.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 12:30pm On May 14
delvzy:
With the series of events happening to OKOMU, won't it be wise to DIVERSIFY to other regions that are relatively safe?
It doesn't have to be sudden but it could be gradual. You don't want a situation where the whole business operation is put on hold when something like this happens again.

And we blame the International Oil Companies for pulling out of that region.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:02pm On May 14
This one Caverton has just gone on full offer - has someone seen the result?
This our market sef
Abeg, make dey just release 1 good result make I exit. Na beg I dey beg.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 1:05pm On May 14
grin grin

KayOn1:
This one Caverton has just gone on full offer - has someone seen the result?
This our market sef Abeg, make dey just release 1 good result make I exit.
Na beg I dey beg.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:06pm On May 14
KarlTom:
grin grin

E no reach to ask? FY Audit, 5 months e never show not to talk of Qtr1 then all of a sudden the stock just move fiam to full offer with over 1million units. Haba!! Na who we offend?

** Make una no mind me sometimes o, I dey use here catch cruise & calm too much stress wey dey for work.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 1:14pm On May 14
E reach o.

The market needs some big news...
KayOn1:

E no reach to ask?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:19pm On May 14
On another note, has anyone received their Berger Paints dividend?
Any link to the AGM today?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:25pm On May 14
KarlTom:
E reach o.

The market needs some big news...

Make the big news wait first o make I receive my Berger & UBA dividends. I need to put them to work before any big news.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 1:50pm On May 14
The total number of outstanding shares of Okomu Oil Plc is 954,000,000 units
25% of Okomu Oil Plc is 238,500,000 units of its shares
Presently Okomu Oil is N255.70 naira
25% of Okomu Oil translates presently to N60,984,450,000 naira (60.9 billion Naira)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Utalinmou: 2:11pm On May 14
This market is tiring. You'll place a buy order at the current price yet nothing.

I want to ask, must there be a seller before your buy order can be executed or can it be traded from outstanding shares of the company

(1) (2) (3) ... (7768) (7769) (7770) (7771) (7772) (7773) (7774) ... (7794) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ades1, yeddy99, coinbrood, eanestca(m), aimaft, dangle, courage89(m), egojeny1(f), Saybal(m), Ginalex(f) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.