Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (794) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10950405 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) ... (7777) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 8:47pm On May 02, 2015
Sokijosh:
January - as january goes, so goes the market.' February - pay the piper month. March - green beer and volatile action. April - earning season. May - leave in may and stay away. June,july, august - three month whipsaw. September - bad news bear. October - bad news, good news. November - Thank goodness it's November. December - mixed bag of gifts .

Before d harmonizing of companies FY wat was dis theory saying.? N i bet it is not an indigenious prinnciple. Biko foro nhea tinye na akpa. We r making MONEY dis year!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 9:45pm On May 02, 2015
chillykelly86:

Bros, I am not holding forth for anybody or any govt.
However, Nigerians need to understand that engineering projects don't take days to deliver.
There is
1. installed capacity,
2. current output (which is what is being generated),
3. actual consumption.
You build power plants to increase the first.
You need enough gas(for gas-fired plants), enough water(for hydroelectric plants), etc and highly efficient plants to convert as much installed capacity as possible to generated power.
Finally, you need efficient transmission and distribution infrastructure to deliver as much generated power as possible to the consumers.

At every stage, you need heavy investments and one of the best things this govt has done, I think, is the privatisation of the power sector because govt alone cannot foot the bill.

And make no mistake about it, if you see improvements in power within at least 6 months of GMB's tenure, its likely due to actions of the current govt.

We Nigerians are the cause of our woes in this country from the very moment we start giving excuses for these thieves. How can a country be in perpertual darkness where the government claims that the power firms are generating about 5,500MW some few days ago? It is obvious that the situation is worsened as GEJ lost the presidiatial election and not all you wrote up there.

Please let's stop deceiving ourselves. The same way they told us during obasanjo rule of 8years that they are working on building refineries in the country till today we are still importing fuel and queuing up like confused individuals in the country.

Now you say that if the light situation improves after 6months that it is due to the current actions of the current government. I say that is hog-wash! angry

I can bet you if the present government is given another 4years to rule the power situation will not improve. And that is a fact.

I have complained about the dwindling power situation about 2-3years now on SMN and I was told all you wrote up there. 3years have passed and we are still giving the same excuses until 20years will pass us by. That's how we keep deceiving ourselves in this country.

#Nigerianswakeup

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 9:54pm On May 02, 2015
Born2berich:

We Nigerians are the cause of our woes in this country from the very moment we start giving excuses for these thieves. How can a country be in perpertual darkness where the government claims that the power firms are generating about 5,500MW some few days ago? It is obvious that the situation is worsened as GEJ lost the presidiatial election and not all you wrote up there.

Please let's stop deceiving ourselves. The same way they told us during obasanjo rule of 8years that they are working on building refineries in the country till today we are still importing fuel and queuing up like confused individuals in the country.

Now you say that if the light situation improves after 6months that it is due to the current actions of the current government. I say that is hog-wash! angry

I can bet you if the present government is given another 4years to rule the power situation will not improve. And that is a fact.

I have complained about the dwindling power situation about 2-3years now on SMN and I was told all you wrote up there. 3years have passed and we are still giving the same excuses until 20years will pass us by. That's how we keep deceiving ourselves in this country.

#Nigerianswakeup

I won't be surprised if they start giving Nigerians power /light gradually as May 29th approaches.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 10:04pm On May 02, 2015
Nigerians love to excuse their leaders. It is actually not their fault but as a result of years of neglect and abuse. How can someone give excuse for 16years of failure? USA produces about 1.5 million Megawatts. Yet we can't produce 10000 megawatts.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 10:43pm On May 02, 2015
bigass:
Nigerians love to excuse their leaders. It is actually not their fault but as a result of years of neglect and abuse. How can someone give excuse for 16years of failure? USA produces about 1.5 million Megawatts. Yet we can produce 10000 megawatts.

55 years of failure tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 10:46pm On May 02, 2015
andrewefe:
Hello,

You can now deposit 1,500 in your hotforex account and we can be making 2,000 USD for you weekly.

I have proof of our trading account for you.

Its very guaranteed and sure. No stories, you will simply be withdrawing 2,000 USD from you account daily.

Contact me on andrewefe@yahoo.com for enquiries . Only seriously investors pls

So wat keeps u from opening different accounts with ur name and funding them.
Then you can earn 14,000 USD weekly 4 yourself.

you must be a good somebody (in agbalowomeri's voice). money doubling in foreign currency

learner!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 10:46pm On May 02, 2015
Born2berich:

#Nigerianswakeup

You have a right to complain bro.
But I remember all our complaints when Ebola was at its peak, of the US not releasing trial drugs. Then, they explained how the drug is produced and how it is that they have just few doses.
And yes, I don't think any sizeable power project will take less than 6 months to complete. I stand to be corrected.

My point is: Nigeria's power problems will not be solved overnight.

By the way, if you're looking for improvement in power supply before you know something is happening in the power sector, you may need to understand that Nigeria's power demands are constantly growing at a fast pace, as a growing economy and with a growing population.

If you have specific cases of corruption in the power sector reforms, please bring them up. Unsubstantiated statements aren't the way to go.

No quarrels bro. We're all here to learn. And I am ready to learn and take corrections but that is when I am "schooled". I need schooling, not erroneous, sentiment-whipping write-ups.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 10:52pm On May 02, 2015
Born2berich:

#Nigerianswakeup

You need to direct your complaints to the right source, NSEMPA is the wrong place bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 02, 2015
I would have loved to go Head-to-head with you but hey, what's the point? I am here to build on my investment knowledge and trading skills.

Find out Barth Nnaji wherever he is and I bet you'll be well schooled.

Lastly, nothing is solved overnight but if your baby is not able to crawl before/at 2years then you should know there is a problem! Baby steps and evolution are things that are clearly visible and attestable by all.

Now, guys, what are your stock picks for this week? cool

chillykelly86:

You have a right to complain bro.
But I remember all our complaints when Ebola was at its peak, of the US not releasing trial drugs. Then, they explained how the drug is produced and how it is that they have just few doses.
And yes, I don't think any sizeable power project will take less than 6 months to complete. I stand to be corrected.

My point is: Nigeria's power problems will not be solved overnight.

By the way, if you're looking for improvement in power supply before you know something is happening in the power sector, you may need to understand that Nigeria's power demands are constantly growing at a fast pace, as a growing economy and with a growing population.

If you have specific cases of corruption in the power sector reforms, please bring them up. Unsubstantiated statements aren't the way to go.

No quarrels bro. We're all here to learn. And I am ready to learn and take corrections but that is when I am "schooled". I need schooling, not erroneous, sentiment-whipping write-ups.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Machine075: 1:37am On May 03, 2015
My Country Nigeria

Population -: More than 150 million

Head Count on Leaders -: Less than 5 million

145million citizens claiming, most of the blame on the failure of infrastructural development should go to less than 5 Million leaders. it doesn't add up.

Can this leaders be responsible for all the corruption, looting, Vandalism and rape the nation has suffered without the cooperation of the other 145Million people. No.

I believe if electricity, health, Education, NSE and other infrastructure must function effectively in this nation, we all must stand up to our responsibility and pledge.

The next time u see an illegal personal climbing and electric pole to do illegal connection. Stop him and u will be saving one transformer from failure. Etc

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 9:57am On May 03, 2015
Manonamission:
Can anyone explain the fall in the share price of Africaprudential after such an impressive result?
The price of any share (Afriprud inclusive) is determined by the forces of demand and supply and the bid and offer prices. If the demand exceeds supply it appreciates, provided the demand is at higher than previous closing price. If the supply exceeds the demand, and is offered at lower than closing price on previous day, it drops. When any market info is released on the NSE, I always bet against the "expected" impact of the news.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 12:01pm On May 03, 2015
Machine075:
My Country Nigeria

Population -: More than 150 million

Head Count on Leaders -: Less than 5 million

145million citizens claiming, most of the blame on the failure of infrastructural development should go to less than 5 Million leaders. it doesn't add up.

Can this leaders be responsible for all the corruption, looting, Vandalism and rape the nation has suffered without the cooperation of the other 145Million people. No.

I believe if electricity, health, Education, NSE and other infrastructure must function effectively in this nation, we all must stand up to our responsibility and pledge.

The next time u see an illegal personal climbing and electric pole to do illegal connection. Stop him and u will be saving one transformer from failure. Etc

if i see an illegal person climbing an electric pole it will be a cause for concern on the mental state of the person - there is never light so why bother to climb the pole in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 03, 2015
No light here for two days and am alergic to power outage. My skin reacts badly to power outage. The cost of fuel also increased.
Am already building up a battery bank. I for buy bluegate inverter (40k)this month if not DT my company promises to seize my salary 100% by June if I don't meet a particular target by 80% and I dont see myself meeting DT target.

Austerity measures in full gear. grin

Let's see if Bihari is any better, but all these ppl are same.

Allow independent power coys to function without extorting massive money from them as licenses to operate.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockmetrics: 1:20pm On May 03, 2015
megainvest:
Pls does anyone have a list of the top 20 or 30 companies on NSE ranked by strength in fundamentals?

@stockbull listed some of those companies in page 0 of this thread.
When you talk about 'strength in fundamentals', which of the valuation METRICS do you refer to?

Happy investing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockmetrics: 1:24pm On May 03, 2015
Processor01:
I would have loved to go Head-to-head with you but hey, what's the point? I am here to build on my investment knowledge and trading skills.

Find out Barth Nnaji wherever he is and I bet you'll be well schooled.

Lastly, nothing is solved overnight but if your baby is not able to crawl before/at 2years then you should know there is a problem! Baby steps and evolution are things that are clearly visible and attestable by all.

Now, guys, what are your stock picks for this week? cool

Underline: Investment knowledge and trading skills

Smile: Barth Nnaji
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 1:36pm On May 03, 2015
This page is like power sector page, Pls who is their director? Any bonus and dividend from them?.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 1:41pm On May 03, 2015
mercylicious:
No light here for two days and am alergic to power outage. My skin reacts badly to power outage. The cost of fuel also increased.
Am already building up a battery bank. I for buy bluegate inverter (40k)this month if not DT my company promises to seize my salary 100% by June if I don't meet a particular target by 80% and I dont see myself meeting DT target.

Austerity measures in full gear. grin

Let's see if Bihari is any better, but all these ppl are same.

Allow independent power coys to function without extorting massive money from them as licenses to operate.
Hello mama,bigass and born 2be rich you are going out of our business in this room, if you keep on replying this people befor this week end this room will be like smn . happy fathers sunday to the father's in the room .

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cadno(m): 4:18pm On May 03, 2015
@All, Vitafoam don pick race, on 30k Div and 1=5 bonus, chai....even FBNH no fit meet this small 'boy' skills
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 4:40pm On May 03, 2015
i think som 1 said something abt dis vitafoam last month, concerning double reward 4rm dem
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 5:43pm On May 03, 2015
HMMMM Skye Bank, please wait for me let acquire more units before you release it ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 5:56pm On May 03, 2015
passwelle:

The price of any share (Afriprud inclusive) is determined by the forces of demand and supply and the bid and offer prices. If the demand exceeds supply it appreciates, provided the demand is at higher than previous closing price. If the supply exceeds the demand, and is offered at lower than closing price on previous day, it drops. When any market info is released on the NSE, I always bet against the "expected" impact of the news.

Yeah. I expected demand to exceed supply after the good result except there's a detail I overlooked.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 5:59pm On May 03, 2015
samguru:
HMMMM Skye Bank, please wait for me let acquire more units before you release it ooooooo

Been accumulating this stock for some weeks now. Is it pay day now?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 6:04pm On May 03, 2015
Manonamission:

Been accumulating this stock for some weeks now. Is it pay day now?

Bro from a reliable source there result will amaze investors ooo, but dividend is not certain
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kevostica(m): 6:45pm On May 03, 2015
samguru:

Bro from a reliable source there result will amaze investors ooo, but dividend is not certain
Try and check their quarterly results b4 making this conclusion
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cadno(m): 7:44pm On May 03, 2015
Princkez:
i think som 1 said something abt dis vitafoam last month, concerning double reward 4rm dem
That is why I love this forum ( BNSITL ) , shows we are really out to help each other...God bless all, hope to see all in that proposed Mercy party...Imagine all gathered together and one short guy just burst out saying " Am Myjoy08 !! " or one flat backside babe saying "am Bigassss !!!" ..lol...Na joke ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:46pm On May 03, 2015
Who know when Oando will release their Q1 result?. Hopeful this week or next week, they should better make their shareholders smile.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:05pm On May 03, 2015
Chibuking81:
Who know when Oando will release their Q1 result?. Hopeful this week or next week, they should better make their shareholders smile.
hope it get to 25+ befor week end. what of dividend and bonus of 2014? .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 8:17pm On May 03, 2015
Kevostica:

Try and check their quarterly results b4 making this conclusion

the expected result is predicated on d boost d recent acquisition and consolidation of there operations.
so don't get it twisted
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 10:35pm On May 03, 2015
What's wrong with "Proshare" website? Are they under attack?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chipa: 11:54pm On May 03, 2015
cadno:
@All, Vitafoam don pick race, on 30k Div and 1=5 bonus, chai....even FBNH no fit meet this small 'boy' skills
I love that. Please has the cooperate action be made public?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 3:00am On May 04, 2015
Chibuking81:

Are they done with Q4.begining to suspect anotha foul play frm W T
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:21am On May 04, 2015
The struggle continues.

(1) (2) (3) ... (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) ... (7777) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bassEQ2000, KarlTom, Yem0350 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.