Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,349 members, 7,846,510 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (883) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11009844 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) ... (7797) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:39am On Jun 09, 2015
bigass:
the only fire i see on the mountain of NSE is - volume. Low volume

I observed that
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
mercylicious:
This one passwelle is making himself available to hotcake, offering financial and legs services to the hottest female cake in d forum.
Did u see wat am saw?
grin

Jealousy!!! Face your business! I am ur business

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 12:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
Whats with this abracadabra going on with NASCON?
10.09% gain already! Them no go use our head in Jesus' name!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
passwelle:

Lol, you know every now.
Dexter loves APR, Agbalowomeri loves APR, Myjoy08 loves to buy, Chibu loves to panic and PW loves Cake grin

Bros be careful o, na only Mercy I loves o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cadno(m): 12:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

Bros be careful o, na only Mercy I loves o
Pls is Oga Agbalowomeri....Hispy of SMN ?? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 12:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
megainvest:
This is why I keep watching SEPLAT: I mentioned some time ago I will post a comparison I did between the top priced stocks on NSE. I used easykobo. com comparison tool and I have attached the snapshot. Although easykobo values are not 100% accurate, they can give us a good idea of the stocks as they stand based on fundamentals.

The best part is this: Seplat has a Price / Book Ratio of 0.9. The next to it is FO at 4.12. Most others are around 5 while Nestle is at 16.97! This means that out of the top most expensive stocks on NSE, Seplat is the only one trading at a discount to its book value.

Based on my analysis, I retain my buy recommendation for long term investors who have deep pockets and don't mind small losses in the short term due to the current state of the global oil market. I am still optimistic the oil price will recover or at least become more stable in the coming months.

The figures on easykobo.com are based on FY'2013 for most stocks (if not all). As rightly stated by Agbalowomeri, FY'2014 ROE is 9%. The 41% ROE reported on Easykobo is a correct figure but was actually for FY'2013. They had more than a 100% increase in asset base in FY'2014 when compared to FY'2013 but they failed to grow earnings proportionately. This is what led to the sharp decline in ROE from 41% in FY'2013 to 9% in FY'2014.

Also, the comparison in your post would be much better using stocks from the same sector or industry.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
cadno:

Pls is Oga Agbalowomeri....Hispy of SMN ?? grin

That guy na my rival so I left SMN for him
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
passwelle:

Lol, you know every now.
Dexter loves APR, Agbalowomeri loves APR, Myjoy08 loves to buy, Chibu loves to panic and PW loves Cake grin

Sir, i guess i love to buy hotcake too...or I will rival my Agba friend and go for madam Mercy grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
Frantic moment now: panic setting in!
The floor awash with more bargains.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 1:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
markt dull eh

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olajide8(m): 2:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
drtonyo:

Sir,

Here is the full text of the statement for your viewing pleasure....

RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING DEALING MEMBERS
AMENDMENTS AND ADDITIONS (VII)1
ARTICLE 100A: PRICING METHODOLOGY - PAR VALUE RULE

(1) Notwithstanding its par value, the price of every share listed on The Exchange shall
be determined by the market, save that no share shall trade below a price floor of
one Kobo per unit (N0.01).

(2) “Par value” is the nominal value of a share as stated in the Memorandum of
Association
of an Issuer.

(3) “Price floor” means the amount below which the price of one unit of a share shall
not be permitted to trade, and the minimum amount which must be paid for a
share in the event of a drop in the unit price of that share.

its all symmantics, when companies are incorporated for the purpose of there IPO the "ordinary share value", is pegged at 0.50k, now that's the nominal value- and now they stated that, the shares cannot sell below their nominal value, so why should it bother you guys
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hotcake: 2:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
Born2berich:

So hotcake is a lady? Oga Passwelle eyes sharp wella
Haba oga B2BR! Which time I changed my sex? I am proud to be a man. No yawa.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 2:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
Lafarge WAPCO... 5 million traded...any news?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pythondjango(m): 2:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
hbrednic:
Saraki now president of the senate cheesy cheesy
the bulls are coming
On what rationale will that cause uproar for the market.What business line divide does saraki belong to impact the market or is it simply because more PDP sway to his side and his possibility of becoming a PDP member back after all his deputy is still a PDP member(Ekweremadu n du (pls pardon me for my homour)).Over to you sir,let hear your opinion!

The appointment of finance minister,sgf,chief of staff may change the swing of d mart,just my own opinion.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
Chibuking81:
this days all these stock pick does not work.

Na monkey hunting Proshare dey do these days. As soon as pronounce bull on a stock just know say na reverse gear that stock go do next

#JustGrabIt

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
hbrednic:
Saraki now president of the senate cheesy cheesy
the bulls are coming

This will have no effect on the market.

You feel today's bear small
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
ucheson2:
www.proshareng.com/news/27406/Investdata-Weekly-Stock-Picks-Proshare

Guys are afraid of catching a falling knife for now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
philipphlux:
Buy dangote cement at discounted price...we deliver trailer load....contact Mr mike ozavireyi on 08131968305 for booking.
We dont buy cement here...its DangCem shares we trade on! grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 5:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
OakPearl:

We dont buy cement here...its DangCem shares we trade on! grin grin grin

Lol! WE DO NOT DEAL WITH THE DUST! THE DUST IS FOR THE LABOURERS.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
This MKT get as e be ooo
See bull in d reverse gear.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 7:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 09, 2015

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
I will pick only Zenith. Never touch Transcorp, i repeat, steer clear!

ucheson2:
www.proshareng.com/news/27406/Investdata-Weekly-Stock-Picks-Proshare

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 8:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
On my radar right now!
- Transcorp (Long time ago fear still dey worry me about this stock grin)
- Skye bank
- UBCAP
- Zenith bank
-OANDO
-Livestock
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 8:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
Myjoy08, election is over so how do you see it? china drop nigeria oil and nigeria is looking for buyers is that going to be problem in nse with this news?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
ihedioramma:
Myjoy08, election is over so how do you see it? china drop nigeria oil and nigeria is looking for buyers is that going to be problem in nse with this news?

Abeg I wan buy oil ooo. Make Nigeria bring the price come my junction
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
ihedioramma:

Sir, go and relax your mind. Nothing serious lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

Abeg I wan buy oil ooo. Make Nigeria bring the price come my junction

Arm robber junction, abi? Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 10:22pm On Jun 09, 2015
myjoy08:

Sir, go and relax your mind. Nothing serious lol

Shuu shocked shocked

https://www.nairaland.com/2368265/trouble-china-dumps-nigerian-crude

Fingers crossed for now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) ... (7797) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: toyeoye(m), Mills55, Princkez, BabsO2(m), Hedgefunds and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.