Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (995) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10949747 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) ... (7777) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by AkinadeDare: 7:28am On Aug 19, 2015
olajide8:

Basic facts say that the more a company is geared - the better the ROI* right issues, loans are all good - only expenses, which actually take money out of the company would affect it* - good govt spending policy or fiscal policies, is what we are waiting for- I have lost N12m for a client currently but - in these times- you go long* - so I don't expect people to be posting* we once told you,- sell in May and go away* - people were saying we are making money- grin starting from may you leave the market for professionals - and return back in november- people no gree, dem they shout - we are making money!!! how many have got the shock absorber to absorb that kind of loss 12m

Yes, good points are here too. One must be able to keep going in the 'at worst' situation, especially what is happening now in the market. Funny market!
Concerning the right issue, it is good, but most stocks at the point of right issue offer, their prices usually come down, and when a company is paying back loan, the stock price also comes down in most cases.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 8:09am On Aug 19, 2015
Elai147:

According to the NSE, “although the company recorded a profit for the half-year ended 30 June 2015, its revenue reserve is still in the negative as the interim profit could not wipe off the negative reserve.” Did the shameless NSE not see this before approving and publishing the dividend on their website? We should only buy into reputable blue chip coys because dis our NSE has magical powers.
The NSE is getting shameless. imagine investors buying shares because of the dividend only to informed that it has been cancelled. Now those investors are trapped and NSE is not ready to help.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 8:19am On Aug 19, 2015
myjoy08:
Don't be greedy when you make some money in Oxygen. Don't be emotionally carried away. Greed is somehow dangerous. Best of luck!

Parable of the ten virgins!
From your post, we should not expect much from oando...This company is a great disappointment just like the CEO wale tinubu.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 19, 2015
Born2berich:
From your post, we should not expect much from oando...This company is a great disappointment just like the CEO wale tinubu.

Sir born, don't stop believing that something good will surely happen! Not only in stocks, but in life generally! The universe works with our believe sometimes!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 8:44am On Aug 19, 2015
http://businessdayonline.com/2015/08/dollar-shortage-reality-bites-from-large-firms-to-small-traders/

Dollar shortage reality bites from large firms to small traders
Nigerian businesses large and small are beginning to feel the impact of the current dollar shortage and devaluation in the black foreign exchange FX market .

Since the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) cut dollar access to importers of 41 types of goods, ranging from private jets to rice, Eurobonds and foreign shares, importers say they have been unable to pay suppliers, while elevated demand in the black market has led to the naira trading as low as N240 per dollar.

The cash deposit restrictions placed on Nigerians operating domiciliary accounts has also meant most traders have been unable to order for goods as quickly as before.

“I used to be able to easily send money to the U.S for my partner to ship my goods down,” said Solomon Ndubuisi, a dealer in imported female bags and shoes, in a downtown Lagos market known as Balogun.

“The CBN daily withdrawal limit of $300 has changed all that now and I have to wait for up to three weeks to gather a reasonable sum. The black market rates are expensive and we can’t really increase prices because customers are not buying as much anymore.”

The more than 50 percent slide in oil prices since 2014 has negatively hit government spending and its trickledown effect to consumer spending in Africa’s largest economy.

The dollar shortage that the fall in hard currency earnings has caused has led to a huge premium for dollars sold on the black market which is slowing down trade and consumption that make up a big chunk of Nigeria’s GDP.

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) estimates Africa’s largest economy will expand by 4.8 percent in 2015, less than the 6.8 percent of 2014.

For larger companies operating in the country, a big problem is the pressure on earnings from the naira drop.

“Nigerian Breweries (NB) reported its 1H FY15 numbers which were poor across the board,” Renaissance Capital Analysts Omair Ansari and Olaloye Oyawoye, said in a July 23 note.

“We have lowered our industry and company growth forecasts for FY15 and FY16 as the consumer remains severely constrained. We expect further downside to margins, given pressure on the naira.”

Shoprite Holdings Ltd.’s said in the statement yesterday that Nigerian sales “were negatively affected by the drop in oil prices and the currency depreciating against the U.S. dollar.”

MTN Group Ltd., Africa’s largest wireless operator, said on August 5 first-half profit declined 11 percent, missing analysts’ estimates, as sales fell in the company’s largest market and foreign-exchange movements in the rand against the naira weighed on earnings.

The naira has fallen some 22 percent in the past year on the interbank market, to N199 per dollar.

Nigeria’s dollar reserves are down one-fifth to $31.6 billion since the end of September 2014.

Investors have sold down stocks of companies operating in Nigeria as a result of the dollar availability uncertainty.

The Nigeria Stock Exchange declined by 2.59 percent to 29,909.44 points on Monday, dragging the index to a four month low, of -13.70 percent.

“We believe investors are apprehensive of the current risk- return profile of the Nigerian economy, especially with falling global oil prices, unstable exchange rate and the uncertain policy direction of the current government,” said Meristem Securities analysts in a Aug 17 market update.

"TRUTH IS BITTER BUT IT SETS YOU FREE" cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 9:13am On Aug 19, 2015
myjoy08:

I just hope some people will not use this devaluation issue to miss the right path? Anyway, our great Oga Peterichy who received his salary in $$$ is very interested for CBN to devalue our currency so that poor people like us would not be able to compete with them. Anyway, God is watching us all!

Mind you i still have some fund in NSE in other words devaluation will affect me as well.

So you ought to look at the bigger picture and stop being emotional.

I made it clear a week before the general election that a lot of funds has left the market and they are now on the sidelines waiting for the right time.

One of the major reasons Nigeria economy is suffocating is simply because NAIRA is not yet right and we are now witnessing the adverse effect of CBN stubborness.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 9:28am On Aug 19, 2015
when i said i just boarded access bank someone said i am oyo we shall see grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 9:31am On Aug 19, 2015
myjoy08:

Sir born, don't stop believing that something good will surely happen! Not only in stocks, but in life generally! The universe works with our believe sometimes!
Bros, this is not the issue. The issue here is that stocks like oando have on numerous times for several years put their investors into undue hardship and pain....Maybe that what turns on uncle wale...But I don't blame him, I blame our NSE and SEC that are just as useless as useless can be...oando in canada and SA follow due process there because they know that their regulatory bodies are working but here in Nigeria, NSE is just dead. I don't expect their result to be good but at least release the result...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 9:35am On Aug 19, 2015
Born2berich:
Bros, this is not the issue. The issue here is that stocks like oando have on numerous times for several years put their investors into undue hardship and pain....Maybe that what turns on uncle wale...But I don't blame him, I blame our NSE and SEC that are just as useless as useless can be...oando in canada and SA follow due process there because they know that their regulatory bodies are working but here in Nigeria, NSE is just dead. I don't expect their result to be good but at least release the result...

I completely agree with you on SEC and NSE bro angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pythondjango(m): 10:00am On Aug 19, 2015
[quote author=Sobrit post=37088269][/quote]Same from me but if I will be buying in tranche because 11 and 9 naira still possible.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pythondjango(m): 10:04am On Aug 19, 2015
Elai147:

Yes e be like say dat one go soon start e journey. If Stanbic reach 15, e for no bad at all.
pm me at #8 OK.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pythondjango(m): 10:19am On Aug 19, 2015
myjoy08:

Sir, no shortcut to success, you just have to take the right route.

To be Successful:

Seek God
Acknowledge your God's given potentials/passions
Show the desire to develop your potentials
Focus/Determination
Hard work/Work Smart
Grace
Be a giver
Be optimistic
Prayer
And don't give up

I hope all these will help all of us...
Oh myjoy08,pls be careful,stop playing this sorts of fantasy game here,all is needed here is beyond that you keep posting.What is needed here is knowledge of how this investing world is being played and the intelligence and discipline to clock in at right time with right price enough to make a huge smart profit for your bravery.That's all,who is wise should know what to do.So no playing of religious card here at the expense of people's hard earned money put into this weighing machine called stock mart.Bible and Quran will not invest for you,God has endowed every being with enough guts(rational mind) and intelligence to be successful in his/her undertaking.So knowledge of the game is what makes you a winner!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 19, 2015
Plz I need bid n offer screenshot for;
Access bank
Afriprud
Skye bank.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 10:50am On Aug 19, 2015
pythondjango:
Oh myjoy08,pls be careful,stop playing this sorts of fantasy game here,all is needed here is beyond that you keep posting.What is needed here is knowledge of how this investing world is being played and the intelligence and discipline to clock in at right time with right price enough to make a huge smart profit for your bravery.That's all,who is wise should know what to do.So no playing of religious card here at the expense of people's hard earned money put into this weighing machine called stock mart.Bible and Quran will not invest for you,God has endowed every being with enough guts(rational mind) and intelligence to be successful in his/her undertaking.So knowledge of the game is what makes you a winner!
You be real Python. so you don't know if the Lord has not giving your wealth you cant have it no matter your knowledge, so acknowledge God in everything whether good or bad bro shey you get

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:10am On Aug 19, 2015
Michael11stock:
You be real Python. so you don't know if the Lord has not giving your wealth you cant have it no matter your knowledge, so acknowledge God in everything whether good or bad bro shey you get

Is that why u keep boarding the wrong bus, or the right bus at the wrong time?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by spicytayomic(m): 11:14am On Aug 19, 2015
Diamond breaking 52weak low, hmmmm, waiting @2.50 junction
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 11:51am On Aug 19, 2015
Michael11stock:

Oga, Bible told you to count your cost before building your house.

Those that keep waiting for handouts in investing instead of learning will always be burnt.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by AbidemiA: 11:55am On Aug 19, 2015
As at 11:47am 19/08/2015 no symbol is gaining on NSE

Green and Red Chart

Source : http://marketwatch.ng/Stock/Market.aspx#tab_10

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 11:56am On Aug 19, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

Waohhhhhhhhhh, this is deep grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 12:14pm On Aug 19, 2015
FBNH,UBA and ACCESS are forming equal pattern..............I hope the pattern is for these stocks to ascend................
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 12:16pm On Aug 19, 2015
bigass:
My friends BP is high. NSE-induced BP

FBNH nearly did that to me, I vex JO, thank thee I JOed on time.

You will be calculating while walking on the road.

NSE is for those like Myjoy08 that get elephant liver grin

Even when you're lossing 80% of your portfolio myjoy08 will be consoling you and to pack more.

Chai NSE grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pythondjango(m): 12:18pm On Aug 19, 2015
Michael11stock:
Hmmm OK o,u are making me laughing so mandarinic!!
Mr man,i reckoned God(Jehoval),by the way,who am i to disregard HIM.But what i want to correct is the manner with which some people talk or reason with the so called "God or religion" which make them lazy in where they need to put to use their God-given intellect but instead start saying God will do it all.An example of this act has made some of us in this country sloppy in reasoning because in where people need to act or put in their essential input to better a society "they will say...they leave it for God.A lucid example,is our national female team head coach that went to fifa women world cup and started saying rubbish all in the name of religion or God,instead of,admitting his team is floppy and tactically ill to get result,he was saying that God lives in Nigeria and we are more religious than any nation so God should give us a win,so imagine such delusional and sloppy thought of intellectual indolence.I think you must now understand my stance now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pythondjango(m): 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2015
mercylicious:
Plz I need bid n offer screenshot for;
Access bank
Afriprud
Skye bank.
Madam,warm regard!
please when will sterling bank release its half year result,my eye dey this stock nah.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 12:26pm On Aug 19, 2015
ucheson2:
ucheson2
ok o .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pythondjango(m): 12:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
Youngzedd:

Even when you're lossing 80% of your portfolio myjoy08 will be consoling you and to pack more.

Chai NSE grin
That myjoy08 ehen, is sth else.Just tell him to stop those acts of his,because i know he must have made some rockies did a mischievous mistake if i must say.Myjoy08 stop maiming rockies here with ur ever phantom advices.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

and where the evidence
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pythondjango(m): 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2015
mpi210:

Oga, Bible told you to count your cost before building your house.

Those that keep waiting for handouts in investing instead of learning will always be burnt.
pls leave him,he hasn't learn all this while.I started this learning in 2008 when i was in secondary school and i have learnt all tricks and bait of this game as young as i am than my father who had started before given birth to me.pls i am not saying,i know all but that learning has helped alots!.Some people are just too hilarious to me on this mart.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pythondjango(m): 12:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
Michael11stock:
and where the evidence
pls no defence please,move on.The cache of ur trades history stashed on ur mind,so that is where ur evidence is.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 19, 2015
PETERiCHY:

Mind you i still have some fund in NSE in other words devaluation will affect me as well.

So you ought to look at the bigger picture and stop being emotional.

I made it clear a week before the general election that a lot of funds has left the market and they are now on the sidelines waiting for the right time.

One of the major reasons Nigeria economy is suffocating is simply because NAIRA is not yet right and we are now witnessing the adverse effect of CBN stubborness.

Well noted sir!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
pythondjango:
That myjoy08 ehen, is sth else.Just tell him to stop those acts of his,because i know he must have made some rockies did a mischievous mistake if i must say.Myjoy08 stop maiming rockies here with ur ever phantom advices.

Everything explained by you sir is well written!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 12:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
Is Transcorp good to buy now?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
Youngzedd:

Chai NSE grin

Sir, it is well with us all. Don't stop believing that we are making money this year!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) ... (7777) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: NettyNelly(m), Choiceguy, chuksnnaemeka, Frangel, Willie2015, modupeshow and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.