Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? (9106 Views)

How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth / I Am Tired Of Going To Church / The Duration Of Courtship And Purpose Of Courtship In Christian Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Bright2(m): 9:24pm On Dec 13, 2012
To clean up curbwebs in my room,renovate my mud house,amend my wooden fence,weed my environment ,pay condolence to some people,lubricate my CD195 motor cycle,harvest some of my fruit by my self & verify if my neigbour is encroaching my territory ,many more undecided

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Bawss1(m): 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2012
To reconnect with one's roots, spend time with family and basically rest from the year's hustle.

The annual trip mirrors in a small way the cycle of human spirtual development which we should all strive to learn from.

smiley

1 Like

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Mrshroud: 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2012
Cos home, is where u Rest In Peace. After following death on Twitter, by Accident.
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Humphreydis(m): 9:26pm On Dec 13, 2012
VICALUFUO :
I want to see your take on this topic. What is your main purpose of going home during christimas period.
......wat is Nairaland turnin into these days...mtcheeew!!
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by bestower: 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2012
To meet ur family as in family reunion and mark the festive period.
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by yuzedo: 9:29pm On Dec 13, 2012
To show those wicked towns-people my "Okwuloto-ekene Eze" aka "The Eagle have landed" aka My Brand new Aeroplane jeep bought brand new live from Jamny! grin

P.s. In igbo literally, Okwuloto-ekene Eze means He who stands while greeting a king, but figuratively, it refers to SUV because u're sitting but still elevat... Bah! F*ck dis! angry
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Mustymohd2: 9:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
i dont think i can travel dis dec, cos subsidy dey road
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by amlydave: 9:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
Its fun celebrating christmas at home (in the village). The reason is that other relations from far and wide will all converge at the family house creating an avenue for familiarisation among the younger ones and the older ones will have an opportunity to meet again. These and many other reasons make going to the village a thing of joy and a necessity.
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by aryzgreat: 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
Red-Light:
for igbos: to show their achievement over the past year

for yoruba: family re union i think
for hausa ; they dont care cos they are boko haram predominantly muslims

u are very wrong!

Igbos by the nature of their trading profession, only have december or xmas period to visit home, its time for re-union also as various branches of town union eg lagos, PH, Enugu, Abuja, etc branches of the town union tend to meet during this period to embark on community projects like borehole, town hall, etc. Its a period most igbo singles get married. Its a period some towns celebrate their cultural festival like ofala, masquerade, age grade and title taking. Its also a period we christians go home to participate in our local chuurch harvest and bazaar and suppoert parish projects. Its a period we go home and visit our parents whom we left at home to hussle outside. Its a time we share family lands among the male members of the family and those financially ok start foundation work during this period and agree on route to send money home for the projects about to commence. Its a time to rest frm city stampede and huzzling from january to december, we prefer to go home and enjoy our local foods our mothers used to raise us wich are nt in the city. A lot of reason....................

18 Likes

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by tintingz(m): 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2012
Cuz they see the muslims going home for ile-ya(Eid)...

Copy copy christians grin tongue
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Yeske2(m): 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2012
Redmosquito: [size=13pt]To show the village witches that they have failed[/size]
Classic.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by ReLaTE(m): 9:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
yuzedo: To show those wicked towns-people my "Okwuloto-ekene Eze" aka "The Eagle have landed" aka My Brand new Aeroplane jeep bought brand new live from Jamny! grin

P.s. In igbo literally, Okwuloto-ekene Eze means He who stands while greeting a king, but figuratively, it refers to SUV because u're sitting but still elevat... Bah! F*ck dis! angry
are u sure thats the meaning?
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by dollydolly(f): 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2012
Valiantvaliant: It actually started since when Jesus was born. Everyone had to go to their hometown.
This is d most sensible post i av read so far.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by earlalright(m): 9:48pm On Dec 13, 2012
House, I must go. I need to hear all the knockouts, smell all the different stews, taste all the pots, and see all the children. I need village christmas. Na I'm dey make sense pass
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 13, 2012
agbari socket: Igbos are the best animal bunch of thives in nigerian dey go robbed bcuz of xmas.why are they using thier nuisancical life 2 affect other patriotic nigerian.the ojukwu kill them finish bcuz greedness well yoruba wise...up awolowo

But what has this got to do with Igos or Yoruba or whatever? They say weed is a brain cell killer, but I'm beginning to lose a lot of brain cells from the crap i read on Nairaland. Dang!!!!

7 Likes

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by donwilz(m): 9:52pm On Dec 13, 2012
agbari socket: Igbos are the best animal bunch of thives in nigerian dey go robbed bcuz of xmas.why are they using thier nuisancical life 2 affect other patriotic nigerian.the ojukwu kill them finish bcuz greedness well yoruba wise...up awolowo
e be lyk say ur name na apari socket... you need an intensive check up in a sound mental institution.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by dollydolly(f): 9:53pm On Dec 13, 2012
Guy are u speaking in tongues?
Guy ar u speaking in tongues?
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by timilehin007(m): 9:54pm On Dec 13, 2012
Wetin dem dey do there? undecided
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by eyoniggar(m): 10:00pm On Dec 13, 2012
Please this kind of thread shouldnt be posted. Let them go home please, the traffic is damn too much.Hanhan!! Kilode!! angry
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by tunapawizzy: 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
To renew the Jazz wey dey make my boss dey favour me
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Zet72(m): 10:07pm On Dec 13, 2012
it is the time I go home to have little enjoyment atlease,take little kiss & Romans here & there from childhood girlfriends,the ones that are still vacant....ooo
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by omega25red(m): 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2012
Redmosquito: [size=13pt]To show the village witches that they have failed[/size]
grin grin grin grin grin ho shyt this had me rolling
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Ijebulogic(m): 10:17pm On Dec 13, 2012
Looking forward to all the "quasi-Lagosians" to go "Home" over xmas so the roads are less congested. Sadly, the only reason most people treat Lagos so badly is because they dont see it as "home". Good riddance folks.
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Wallie(m): 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2012

Second time this week that I busted out laughing while reading NL!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by uzoexcel(m): 10:27pm On Dec 13, 2012
stop taking 'ganja' or 'weed' if ur brain cant carry it...itz nt 4 every1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by uzoexcel(m): 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2012
very hilarioussssssssssssssssssss....thanks 4 d comedy relief man

1 Like

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Tgirl4real(f): 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2012
Isn't this thread beta at Events Section or General? What's spiritual about it? undecided
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by olempe(m): 10:49pm On Dec 13, 2012
Family first...
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 13, 2012

How old are you? I guess 2 or 3 for you to post this.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by scopusng(m): 10:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
For my fathers 84th birthday.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by slimyem: 11:09pm On Dec 13, 2012
hahahahaha..
Post of the day!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus V Muhammed - Muslim Response - Talk Islam / Praying For The Dead / Disciplining A Christian Child: The Difference Between Discipline And Punishment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.