Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,146 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? (9107 Views)

How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth / I Am Tired Of Going To Church / The Duration Of Courtship And Purpose Of Courtship In Christian Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by SELFWORTH: 9:05am On Dec 14, 2012
To celebrate the birth of Christ (Christmas is about Jesus)

And to get some peace and spend time with those that I love most in the world (family).
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by slimderek(m): 9:12am On Dec 14, 2012
I'm from an extended family.
My Nuclear family lives in benin..
So i'm nt goin ova there
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Ogonimilitant(m): 9:18am On Dec 14, 2012
tchidi:

On d contrary, my Dad has a mansion at home...but I can't put myself tru d risk of the unsafe highway only to go and 'greet' villagers..can't dey come n greet me in town? For my parents, I see them before d yuletide season...and after! Travelling for xmas is a waste of time for me...unless something EXTREMELY urgent comes up.
your father owns nothing my friend. Tell yourself the truth. You don't have a home. Your father built mansion? You are a big liar
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 14, 2012
Ogoni militant: your father owns nothing my friend. Tell yourself the truth. You don't have a home. Your father built mansion? You are a big liar

Oga, I won't argue with u...if my fathers house is just a one bedroom flat, its a mansion to me! Cos he put in his very best to build it! I am not d only person in my house, so if I don't go, the house will still be full!

Jah Man:
Post the picture of your Papa mansion make we see.I am sure if he has one as you claim,he will be so sad that it is wasting.If you don't go home how will you organise for the unsafe roads to be safe? Me that is why I am travelling + other things.

I don't need to travel during christmas to know d state of d road and organise for it! I travel on the road always! Why must it be on d 25th when armed robbers are on the prowl? That is d issue! Not all this one u people r saying!
This is the point were I leave this thread...can't argue n exchange words with militants n wannabe prophets! tongue
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Walexz02(m): 9:37am On Dec 14, 2012
Valiantvaliant: It actually started since when Jesus was born. Everyone had to go to their hometown.

LMAO! In ur own bible abi?
Btwn, is it stated in the bible to celebrate Xmas?
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by RedLight1: 9:38am On Dec 14, 2012
mu2sa2: So there are only three tribes in Nigeria.
as u can see .... am talkin about three major tribe .. so no need to go personal
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by RedLight1: 9:39am On Dec 14, 2012
ignis:
This is a personal question. Why do you travel ? And you are answering collectively for all tribes.
Must you bring tribal wars and sentiments to every thread?
@Op I travel mainly to attend a family get together and fellowship which holds once a year.
so did i say anything bad about any tribe... u are just trying to make my post look bad ... but i dont dig that
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by RedLight1: 9:40am On Dec 14, 2012
aryzgreat:

u are very wrong!

Igbos by the nature of their trading profession, only have december or xmas period to visit home, its time for re-union also as various branches of town union eg lagos, PH, Enugu, Abuja, etc branches of the town union tend to meet during this period to embark on community projects like borehole, town hall, etc. Its a period most igbo singles get married. Its a period some towns celebrate their cultural festival like ofala, masquerade, age grade and title taking. Its also a period we christians go home to participate in our local chuurch harvest and bazaar and suppoert parish projects. Its a period we go home and visit our parents whom we left at home to hussle outside. Its a time we share family lands among the male members of the family and those financially ok start foundation work during this period and agree on route to send money home for the projects about to commence. Its a time to rest frm city stampede and huzzling from january to december, we prefer to go home and enjoy our local foods our mothers used to raise us wich are nt in the city. A lot of reason....................
thanks for educating me on that grin grin
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by agohavivi(f): 11:43am On Dec 14, 2012
Ogoni militant: your father owns nothing my friend. Tell yourself the truth. You don't have a home. Your father built mansion? You are a big liar
Why the beaf? The fact that he said his dad owns a mansion should not bother you. Why call him a liar or are you his dad?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Toppiano(m): 11:58am On Dec 14, 2012
Family thingz noo ni grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Having worked (hustled) from January to December, no time to see your family members all at the same time. (pin pin pin, my dudes dey call me, let's go there and catch some fun) grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Bodmas06: 12:12pm On Dec 14, 2012
Redmosquito: [size=13pt]To show the village witches that they have failed[/size]
And to tell them that you are stil available for the next operation.Lolz.....

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Austinodark(m): 12:12pm On Dec 14, 2012
tchidi:

Oga, I won't argue with u...if my fathers house is just a one bedroom flat, its a mansion to me! Cos he put in his very best to build it! I am not d only person in my house, so if I don't go, the house will still be full!

I don't need to travel during christmas to know d state of d road and organise for it! I travel on the road always! Why must it be on d 25th when armed robbers are on the prowl? That is d issue! Not all this one u people r saying!
This is the point were I leave this thread...can't argue n exchange words with militants n wannabe prophets! tongue
Must u travel on the 25th,u dnt have any beta excuse my dear,people travel before and after 25th
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 14, 2012
Austinodark: Must u travel on the 25th,u dnt have any beta excuse my dear,people travel before and after 25th

My Broda, travel if u wan travel! Na me hold ur transport money? How many days off do offices give for xmas holiday? So even if I decide to travel, I can't! But I won't! Even if I had a week to go home!
Saw them Dec 1st... So I've done my xmas! My point remains that travelling home for the christmas break is highly overrated! QED
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Ogonimilitant(m): 12:25pm On Dec 14, 2012
tchidi:

. You are not making any sense in what you are saying. You don't have where to stay that's why u don't travel home
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
agoha_vivi: Why the beaf? The fact that he said his dad owns a mansion should not bother you. Why call him a liar or are you his dad?

My Sister, that is nairaland for you... I don't know whether na me and am de share my Papa.. undecided
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 14, 2012
Ogoni militant: . You are not making any sense in what you are saying. You don't have where to stay that's why u don't travel home

Honey, take your frustration elsewhere! Don't worry, amnesty ppl go share money before xmas! U go get some! wink tongue
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by hardbody: 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2012
benbrains: I travel basically to Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ the bigger part of the family. A sort of a family re-union, a fellowship... That is d only time in d year when this could possbly happen.
I can't wait to get on the bus...

Same here. Family re-union. As a person, i do not believe in Christmas or its celebration, its just an opportunity to reunite with the family and klan both within and in diaspora. It's stressful and expensive, but honestly it is worth it. The extended family bonding is such that you cannot compromise. You get to meet the most recent generations of the extended family and the unity of commonwealth (cooking eating and drinking from one 'household') cannot be gotten otherwise. One car is moving this weekend with items needed from my own part, i will hit the villa myself on the 24th. Besides, BOTZ are waiting flenjo all day all night till we disperse. I CAN'T WAIT.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by hardbody: 3:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
Further reasons to go home during xmas... 'my people say that if young man does not visit home because he has made enough money, he should go home because it has been a long time he last visited'. Please do not villify us. We need to go home and see our folks, we have a place to visit, if you have got one, please visit, if you haven't or you are scared off witches,robbers, accidents or worse kidnappers, then stay back. I will travel, and come back here to meet all those who do not have homes to go to.
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by dasparrow: 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2012
tchidi:

Honey, take your frustration elsewhere! Don't worry, amnesty ppl go share money before xmas! U go get some! wink tongue

LOL grin

Now that was funny! But you have spoken well. Armed robbers are looking to rob and kidnap this festivity period so that they can go and shine for their gullible family members who are not aware of their illicit trade. So its best not to travel for christmas.
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by okpurukata(f): 5:51pm On Dec 14, 2012
Chimerase: a lot of activities mak me luv xmas in ma village rangin 4rm xmas league comprisin of 10 communities 2 masquerade dance ERI GBARA meanin '2 eat back' its always assigned 2 communities each day startin 4rm 25th til 2nd january..so xmas in SE is just fun

You must be an Mbaise man. I really miss ERIGWARA. Really enjoyed it while growing up. Going from town to town on their market days to eat and jolly and dance and meet new friends. Xmas period is the only time to really unwind and relax after the whole long year old stress.
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Ogonimilitant(m): 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2012
tchidi:

am very sure you might be low breed of Igbo extraction. If you are not Igbo of Anambra IMO Enugu Abia
ebonyi, you are low breed Igbo. Those from those state I heard are high breed Igbos
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by tpia1: 12:46am On Dec 15, 2012
To show the village witches that they have failed

slimyem: hahahahaha..
Post of the day!!!

you saw yourself in that statement, no doubt.

sorry for your continual failure in life.

hope you can get a man on nl so your time wont be completely wasted.
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by slimyem: 9:30am On Dec 15, 2012
tpia1:

you saw yourself in that statement, no doubt.

sorry for your continual failure in life.

hope you can get a man on nl so your time wont be completely wasted.
Keep following me around telling me the story of your life.I'll keep a diary for you to reminicse on when things get better for you.
Pele sogbo...grincheesy
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by agohavivi(f): 10:56am On Dec 15, 2012
Ogoni militant: am very sure you might be low breed of Igbo extraction. If you are not Igbo of Anambra IMO Enugu Abia
ebonyi, you are low breed Igbo. Those from those state I heard are high breed Igbos
Hmmmmn! If I must ask, who are the low breed ibos? I never knew we had low and high breed ibos.
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 19, 2012
Ogoni militant: am very sure you might be low breed of Igbo extraction. If you are not Igbo of Anambra IMO Enugu Abia

'Low breed igbo' cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Guy u got jokes mehn!! I'm from one of the 'high breed' igbo states u mentioned...so what do u have to say now? I'm from d 'low breed' section of the 'high breed' state abi?
Iya mmi oº°˚! Da, go creek abeg... kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Inspiring Women Of Faith Ebooks Collection / Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] / Disciplining A Christian Child: The Difference Between Discipline And Punishment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.