Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,711 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? (9109 Views)

How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth / I Am Tired Of Going To Church / The Duration Of Courtship And Purpose Of Courtship In Christian Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by sagytariusTM1: 11:10pm On Dec 13, 2012
Chimerase: a lot of activities mak me luv xmas in ma village rangin 4rm xmas league comprisin of 10 communities 2 masquerade dance ERI GBARA meanin '2 eat back' its always assigned 2 communities each day startin 4rm 25th til 2nd january..so xmas in SE is just fun
Country Five
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 13, 2012
k2039: I dont travel for christmas, it's just not necessary.
for ur naked mind. Abi? Thank God you said you "think"! Its like u no get loved ones to enjoy with at holidays.
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 13, 2012
mumumugu: An ibo man wil work from january to december, save lets say #200,000. Go 4 xmas lavish everytin and go back and start working again. Dat y he wil remain in poverty. Mtchew
mumumugu: An ibo man wil work from january to december, save lets say #200,000. Go 4 xmas lavish everytin and go back and start working again. Dat y he wil remain in poverty. Mtchew
. You lack the intellectual alacrity. The ethnocentric chunivism and venom is immaterial. Grow up kid!
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by 3ppleg(f): 11:27pm On Dec 13, 2012
Redmosquito: To show the village witches that they have failed

1 Like

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by 80million1: 11:51pm On Dec 13, 2012
*Speechless*

Thank God I'm still ALIVE!
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by AreaFada2: 1:44am On Dec 14, 2012
Redmosquito: [size=13pt]To show the village witches that they have failed[/size]

So they should try harder in the coming year?
Don't tempt fate o! tongue

Hopefully they'll fail woefully again. Spiritus heavinus.
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by AkpuNku2: 2:30am On Dec 14, 2012
aryzgreat:

u are very wrong!

Igbos by the nature of their trading profession, only have december or xmas period to visit home, its time for re-union also as various branches of town union eg lagos, PH, Enugu, Abuja, etc branches of the town union tend to meet during this period to embark on community projects like borehole, town hall, etc. Its a period most igbo singles get married. Its a period some towns celebrate their cultural festival like ofala, masquerade, age grade and title taking. Its also a period we christians go home to participate in our local chuurch harvest and bazaar and suppoert parish projects. Its a period we go home and visit our parents whom we left at home to hussle outside. Its a time we share family lands among the male members of the family and those financially ok start foundation work during this period and agree on route to send money home for the projects about to commence. Its a time to rest frm city stampede and huzzling from january to december, we prefer to go home and enjoy our local foods our mothers used to raise us wich are nt in the city. A lot of reason....................

Thank you, you have said it all

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by manmustwack: 3:34am On Dec 14, 2012
A man who knows his culture and where he come from.
As for una wey neva even born during civil war,stop this tribal nonsense,
Na im dey kill us.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Nobody: 5:00am On Dec 14, 2012
Area-Fada:

So they should try harder in the coming year?
Don't tempt faith o! tongue

Hopefully they'll fail woefully again. Spiritus heavinus.

Ke pa sa? We grow stronger every year.
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Biggiestep(m): 5:17am On Dec 14, 2012
I'ii celabrate wif my sis on her weddin commin up on d 3 v january, also to continue wit flexin whre i stopd last year dec. Omo no fun celebratin it 4 northside
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by pendusky(m): 5:17am On Dec 14, 2012
Those who never travel at least twice in 5years neva knw where they are from!
For me I travel for Family Reunion, i travel to hav fun esp the village futbal competition, i travel to make new friends who jst came down...etc
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by ignis: 5:41am On Dec 14, 2012
Red-Light:
for igbos: to show their achievement over the past year
for yoruba: family re union i think
for hausa ; they dont care cos they are boko haram predominantly muslims
This is a personal question. Why do you travel ? And you are answering collectively for all tribes.
Must you bring tribal wars and sentiments to every thread?
@Op I travel mainly to attend a family get together and fellowship which holds once a year.
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by agohavivi(f): 6:00am On Dec 14, 2012
Your name has said it all. You where asked your purpose for travelling during the yuletide, instead of answering for yourself you answered for a whole tribe. I doubt if you went beyond JSS because you lack the basic skills of comprehension. Same goes to those who like your comment afterall, you all are one of a kind.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Ehijess(f): 6:38am On Dec 14, 2012
No place like home. It started there and for reunion
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by VirginFinder: 6:53am On Dec 14, 2012
'Going home' is not really common with us Yoruba christians.

We have all the fun whereever we are domiciled.
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by tobsin: 7:15am On Dec 14, 2012
It depends on what you call home. If I live in a different city or country from family work or school, I would go home to my family for Christmas instead of spending it alone.
If and when I now go to my family and we can now decide to go spend Christmas together in our village or hometown (I'm assuming that's what you mean by home).
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by ORIGINALMAN: 7:17am On Dec 14, 2012
[quote author=Lamasta]Yes, absolutely yes, CAPITAL YES. To show the village witch and wizards that THEY HAVE FAILED in their acts and actions and even MORE.
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by komek(m): 7:40am On Dec 14, 2012
Redmosquito: [size=13pt]To show the village witches that they have failed[/size]
Nice one, I just made up mind as I saw ur post. I most travel weda the devil likes it or not. Delta state here I come. Witches, u guys have failed

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by JahMan1: 7:44am On Dec 14, 2012
Red-Light:
Igbos and Yorubas,who show off more? I believe you mean the Yorubas show off every weekend at parties in Lagos.
Talking about family re-union,you are the first to educate us that Yorubas do that during Xmas period.All of them with me are either sitting back in Lagos or travelling out of the country.Few others don't go home no matter how close for fear of being bewitched.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Ogonimilitant(m): 7:46am On Dec 14, 2012
tchidi: I'm ibo, but I don't go home...and when I get married, I'll teach my family not to place too much emphasis on travelling and cooking rice n chicken and all that stuff that happens.... undecided
may be your papa no get house for your village that's why you don't travel. I know Igbo people in PH here even travel to their homes every xmass

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 14, 2012
Probably the only time of the year when I get to see my folks all at once.
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Blueboy0402: 7:59am On Dec 14, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Ke pa sa? We grow stronger every year.
We?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Enenu1(f): 7:59am On Dec 14, 2012
tintingz: Cuz they see the muslims going home for ile-ya(Eid)...

Copy copy christians grin tongue
u must b on serious drugs..
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by ignis: 8:00am On Dec 14, 2012
komek:
Nice one, I just made up mind as I saw ur post. I most travel weda the devil likes it or not. Delta state here I come. Witches, u guys have failed
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 14, 2012
Ogoni militant: may be your papa no get house for your village that's why you don't travel. I know Igbo people in PH here even travel to their homes every xmass

On d contrary, my Dad has a mansion at home...but I can't put myself tru d risk of the unsafe highway only to go and 'greet' villagers..can't dey come n greet me in town? For my parents, I see them before d yuletide season...and after! Travelling for xmas is a waste of time for me...unless something EXTREMELY urgent comes up.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by 5much(m): 8:05am On Dec 14, 2012
many go home 2 show off. i can only go home if there is an occasion dat demands my presence.
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by mu2sa2: 8:07am On Dec 14, 2012
Red-Light:
So there are only three tribes in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by JahMan1: 8:10am On Dec 14, 2012
tchidi:

On d contrary, my Dad has a mansion at home...but I can't put myself tru d risk of the unsafe highway only to go and 'greet' villagers..can't dey come n greet me in town? For my parents, I see them before d yuletide season...and after! Travelling for xmas is a waste of time for me...unless something EXTREMELY urgent comes up.
Post the picture of your Papa mansion make we see.I am sure if he has one as you claim,he will be so sad that it is wasting.If you don't go home how will you organise for the unsafe roads to be safe? Me that is why I am travelling + other things.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by annawhite(f): 8:16am On Dec 14, 2012
Red-Light:
for the efiks and ibibio . . . .to get young girls pregnant !

1 Like

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 14, 2012
manmustwack: A man who knows his culture and where he come from.
As for una wey neva even born during civil war,stop this tribal nonsense,
Na im dey kill us.
I so much love your comment. Thanks for your maturity.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by Vincent41(m): 8:25am On Dec 14, 2012
VICALUFUO :
I want to see your take on this topic. What is your main purpose of going home during christimas period.

Ipia oku and smooke cigger grin
Re: What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? by wondergirl: 9:00am On Dec 14, 2012
freecocoa: To renew my otumokpo for the coming year.undecided
Hahahaha, u are not serious!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] / Disciplining A Christian Child: The Difference Between Discipline And Punishment / Revival Tonic Daily Devotional : Anointing Versus Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.