Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,435 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard (28225 Views)

How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police / 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by bakila: 2:21am On Dec 15, 2012
Odu-toda-iwa:
I am saving my own 10m naira and until it's complete I am not travelling to Nigeria. At least we know the regulated price for ransom in Nigeria now. It's great the Federal government pegged the regulated price as stipulated by the Ministry of Finance at 10m Naira.
Thank o jare, since I no fit read mske I laugh. Thank you thank you.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by sharpboyus(m): 2:29am On Dec 15, 2012
Dankudi: .....and the Police is busy selling stories of how their commandos stormed the kidnappers hideout.

Arnold was there too
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by jasper7(m): 2:55am On Dec 15, 2012
grin
pDude: I thought they said that she escaped

Good! At least 10 million naira has been put back into circulation.
escape ke? those reporters watch too much Expendables
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by mamagee3(f): 3:05am On Dec 15, 2012
So sad!!!

Hope the old lady is out now
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by mrperfect(m): 3:10am On Dec 15, 2012
Sad for the country.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by nuelkaosi(m): 3:32am On Dec 15, 2012
Who i go kidnap now... *Thinking deeply*
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by kunlekunle: 4:17am On Dec 15, 2012
Blackteeth: I think the best way to solve this kidnapping wahala is to seriously declare NO MORE PAYMENT OF RANSOMS.
After one or two kidnappings and no ransoms paid, it would be a thing of the past.

also no more payment to militants who are billionaires now.
i think it triggered the kidnapping
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Solozzo(m): 4:22am On Dec 15, 2012
Blackteeth: I think the best way to solve this kidnapping wahala is to seriously declare NO MORE PAYMENT OF RANSOMS.
After one or two kidnappings and no ransoms paid, it would be a thing of the past.

Good idea, but who would bell the cat? Nigerians always want the easy way out. No one wants to sacrifice their relative.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Solozzo(m): 4:27am On Dec 15, 2012
thelastPope:

Wow! I completely missed that! You are spot on!

Vanguard are a disgrace!

Printer's devil!!
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by dBard: 4:29am On Dec 15, 2012
A top govt officials relative is kidnapped n days later d ransom is paid..how den do we expect this scourge of kidnappings n wat not t end. Its only in Nigeria you'll see d govt or its officials openly negotiating with terrorists. Cant d govt take a stand on dis issue like d U.S does?
I cry f dis country. I actually expcted a different outcome..
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by ladeski: 4:29am On Dec 15, 2012
bakila: .
That is a dream you track them she dies. This kidnappers are not cannot be semi illitrates.

Precisely the risk is too high. Besides this aint 24 !
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by amakomlawrence: 4:32am On Dec 15, 2012
Everything goes in the poor regions of a rich country. Hmmmm Nigeria W̶̲̥̅hε̲̣̣̣̥rε̲̣̣̣̥ re U̶̲̥̅̊ heading Τ̅☺?
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by ladeski: 4:34am On Dec 15, 2012
dBard: A top govt officials relative is kidnapped n days later d ransom is paid..how den do we expect this scourge of kidnappings n wat not t end. Its only in Nigeria you'll see d govt or its officials openly negotiating with terrorists. Cant d govt take a stand on dis issue like d U.S does?
I cry f dis country. I actually expcted a different outcome..
dude if one of the Obama ladies ever got kidnapped (God forbid) America will negotiate privately while publicly denounce it and at the same time use the best of the best to find her location and rescue her safely without harm or death.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Solozzo(m): 4:34am On Dec 15, 2012
dick hardener: . They were paid far beyond that but chose to contain the figure from the public.

That's right. Probably in region of hundreds of millions
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by dBard: 4:35am On Dec 15, 2012
Fornorth: YOU ARE VERRY SUTUPID

I believe u were trying t spell s.t.u.p.i.d...
Goat.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by dBard: 4:41am On Dec 15, 2012
ladeski: dude if one of the Obama ladies ever got kidnapped (God forbid) America will negotiate privately while publicly denounce it and at the same time use the best of the best to find her location and rescue her safely without harm or death.
I disagree wit d 1st part of ur statement. They'll not negotiate, not wit d potential embarassment it'll vause if d public ever got t find out,but yes,dey'll put every necessary resource on ground t rescue her n rescue dey will.
Untill we n d govt says no,such B.S will continue
also a zero tolerance policy on kidnapping wont b such a bad idea..
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Solozzo(m): 4:43am On Dec 15, 2012
lasunray: * Day 1: Ngozi's mother was kidnapped
* Day 2: Kidnapers made contact and
requested for $1billion to free her.
* Day 3: GEJ requested N161billion for
supplementary budget. (19 days to end
the year) $1b = N160billion
* Day 4: Senate approves $1billion for
GEJ.
Day 5: Kidnappers released Ngozi's
mother. A very interesting story. Nigeria

MovieMagicNigeria

Waoooo! You a superstar!

So na GEJ na organize the kidnap?
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by luluosas(m): 4:46am On Dec 15, 2012
eric1960:

Thank God she was released. I'm almost tempted to believe there is no hope for this country if they could not apprehend the men.

Besides the rate of kidnapping in Edo state is alarming. It is as if that is the headquarters for kidnappers in the country. Some weeks back armed robbers acted action film at Auchi turning innocent people to Suya in the process.

Security needs to be beefed up in that state fast.

http://.com/2012/12/okonjo-iwealas-mother-was-found-and.html
Please, leave Edo State of this terrorists mess. It is an open secret that, kidnapping is the business of the Ibos (South Easterners) of today as they are enjoying being kidnapped, even though the kidnapping business actually started in the Niger Delta (my region). Then, is was only foreign nationals that were being kidnapped to protests the continual neglect and destruction of the region by oil firms, which usually results in the oil companies paying heavily for their release. Today, kidnapping is a thriving business for the Ibos as even sales boys/girls have joined the bandwagon to arrange the abduction of their bosses for RANSOM. Only God will see us through.
NB. Any Ibo person in the house, no offense intended please. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Solozzo(m): 4:50am On Dec 15, 2012
brentkruge: is it just me.... Why is that with Nigerian journalist when they want a headline grabbing story its always given by nameless clandestine "source". What was the relationship of the "source" (assuming its a credible one) to the journalist to the extent of divulging such information? undecided

By the way that amount sounds way too small for the caliber of target in question. N10m is for immature kidnappers, I am sure. So i doubt the story in toto.

Anyways, me thinks that its high time a law is made forbidding the payment of ransoms to kidnappers. In this way, the "business" will die. My reason is simple, you pay the kidnappers ransom, it exposes more people to danger. For kidnapping it should life in prison.

Pay a ransom and go to jail for five years with hard labour!

Kidnapping should be summary execution like armed robbery
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Solozzo(m): 5:00am On Dec 15, 2012
The current thinking among experts in negotiating and release of victims of kidnapping is that the ransom be paid to save life and suffering of the victims first, then ways to arrest perpetrators put in place. This opinion was mooted during the time when Somalians were engaged in kidnapping sailors several years ago.

One thing we do not follow up much is that a lot of kidnappers have been arrested after the crime and languishing in prison. Prevention of the crime is the key.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by luluosas(m): 5:01am On Dec 15, 2012
Thank God she was rescued ransomed. But, to be honest, our security operatives are nothing to write home about. Since this evil business of kidnapping surfaced in the Niger Delta till date, no tangible efforts to end this menace. I think until a close relation of the President is kidnapped (just like the hype generated over Madam Okonjo case), this issue of kidnapping cum Boko Haram terrorists acts will continue to be treated by the Government with reckless abandonment. God help us.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Solozzo(m): 5:08am On Dec 15, 2012
luluosas:
Please, leave Edo State of this terrorists mess. It is an open secret that, kidnapping is the business of the Ibos (South Easterners) of today as they are enjoying being kidnapped, even though the kidnapping business actually started in the Niger Delta (my region). Then, is was only foreign nationals that were being kidnapped to protests the continual neglect and destruction of the region by oil firms, which usually results in the oil companies paying heavily for their release. Today, kidnapping is a thriving business for the Ibos as even sales boys/girls have joined the bandwagon to arrange the abduction of their bosses for RANSOM. Only God will see us through.
NB. Any Ibo person in the house, no offense intended please. Thank you.

You speak as though u are not current in news and you leave abroad. Kidnaping is very high in Edo and Delta states. Many businessmen are targets and seriously planning to leave Edo state. Try read some back issues of local online papers to learn more
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by clog(m): 5:20am On Dec 15, 2012
pekelepekele: N11m out of our money . It is we Nigerians that paid the kidnappers out of our tax money not Okonjo Iweala if not she would have wait on the police to rescue her mother after all a woman who gave birth to a woman of 50years old plus is good to die.

I see great sense in this ur nonsense edit.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Kelvinj(m): 5:33am On Dec 15, 2012
Kai those boys don hammer for this Xmas oooo....
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by onatisi(m): 5:38am On Dec 15, 2012
so if ur mother or small boy was kidnapped ,you will sacrifice him or her to stop kidnapping in nigeria,even though u have the money to pay the ransom ,abi?

1 Like

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by onatisi(m): 5:47am On Dec 15, 2012
all those talking abut no ransom payment are liars and hypocrites ,who amongs us will have his 6yrs old boy kidnapped and will not pay any amount of mooney demanded to secure his life and freedom?so u will tell ur wife and people that you want to help stop kidnapping in nigeria,abi ?i am sure they will poison u after paying the ranom.they will tell u ,u re not even happy he wasnt abducted by ritual killers
if goverment officials can be paying ransom ,u can leave ur own mother there to hve her throat slit because you want to change nigeria

1 Like

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Heymus(m): 5:56am On Dec 15, 2012
Okay!
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by aieromon(m): 6:09am On Dec 15, 2012
Hogwash. Hahnnnnn

#nowplaying Jesus Piece - Game/Kanye West/Common
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Slickest(m): 6:16am On Dec 15, 2012
Dis is a tale of 5...sharp badt guyz,d victim,d fools,d thievez nd d scammed.....
Starring;
sharp badt guyz---kidnappaz
D victim---d queen
D fools---police
D thievez---d okonjoz
D scammed---we

2 Likes

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by TwinTiger: 6:34am On Dec 15, 2012
Olodo!have u buried a loved one before?Do u think this ppl are actors in African Magic.wait until u or ur parents are kidnaped then u ll see how pepperish d soup testes.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by saipn: 6:35am On Dec 15, 2012
Lol so some people really beleive the woman escape without paying any ransom?it is only the gullible ones will believe that
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by TwinTiger: 6:36am On Dec 15, 2012
Slickest: Dis is a tale of 5...sharp badt guyz,d victim,d fools,d thievez nd d scammed.....
Starring;
sharp badt guyz---kidnappaz
D victim---d queen
D fools---police
D thievez---d okonjoz
D scammed---we
hahahahahahahahahah.talented u.lolz.pity US "grin scammed"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Boycott Of Melaye's Recall, An Indication That You’ve Lost Value" PDP To Bello / Google Celebrates Nigeria At 59 / The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.