Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,714 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard (28228 Views)

How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police / 2 Policemen Arrested For Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnapping / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Kposkila: 6:42am On Dec 15, 2012
pekelepekele: N11m out of our money . It is we Nigerians that paid the kidnappers out of our tax money not Okonjo Iweala if not she would have wait on the police to rescue her mother after all a woman who gave birth to a woman of 50years old plus is good to die.
am sure u ve a mother, father or relations, wateva u sow and wish odas wud b ur lot- most u empty dat trash u call mouth on NL?
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Jesuspikin87(m): 6:54am On Dec 15, 2012
grin Delta state gov said no to ransom, she was released based on 11M ransom, she escaped. Which one shud we believe now. shocked we live in a country where the truth is no longer knwn. God help us all.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 15, 2012
Then we have a failed security system than we taught. Nigeria is doomed
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by hagma37yahoocom: 7:02am On Dec 15, 2012
CFCfan:

My exact thoughts...Anyway, I'm glad the lady was released unharmed.
Which lady? Who be lady? Na mama you dey call lady. I cant help but to laugh loud.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by pat077: 7:12am On Dec 15, 2012
kidnapping politicians and government officials for ransom is better than stealing 4rm d common man. This 'll alert them dat they're not immune 4rm d insecurity bedeviling d nation.

1 Like

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Roliks09: 7:15am On Dec 15, 2012
onatisi: all those talking abut no ransom payment are liars and hypocrites ,who amongs us will have his 6yrs old boy kidnapped and will not pay any amount of mooney demanded to secure his life and freedom?so u will tell ur wife and people that you want to help stop kidnapping in nigeria,abi ?i am sure they will poison u after paying the ranom.they will tell u ,u re not even happy he wasnt abducted by ritual killers
if goverment officials can be paying ransom ,u can leave ur own mother there to hve her throat slit because you want to change nigeria
I believe its thoughts lyk dis that brought us where we are. It really doesnt matter who changes Nigeria, the most important thing is for change to happen. When we put the love of the Nation above friends or family, its then Nigeria can be better.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by ukpaku: 7:23am On Dec 15, 2012
CFCfan:

My exact thoughts...Anyway, I'm glad the lady was released unharmed.
which LADY?, abi na MAMA u de call lady?
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by repogirl(f): 7:28am On Dec 15, 2012
Our police too dey lielie. Who we con belief naw naa? Police talk sey dem raid and shoot, dis one talk sey dem drop am off.okay! Maybe dem drop am off, police nab the guy den dem go raid d hideout? Anywhich way, we thank God sey she come back safe. My friend uncle wey dem carry for Owerri ova 2 months naw, we nefa hear anytin even after 10 million dem pay dem *sobs* I no wan belief say den don off the man. God dey!
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by smsmoney(m): 7:28am On Dec 15, 2012
Almost a Trillion was budgeted for security(Tax payers money) and yet kidnappers still walk free with ransom.Worst still is when high profile govt officials are the ones paying the ransom(Tax payers money)
Double jeopardy

1 Like

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by jamal230(m): 7:28am On Dec 15, 2012
Wen dm kidnap my neighbour wife notin apn,e dn reach okonji we no go hear word....abeg next
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by smsmoney(m): 7:31am On Dec 15, 2012
repogirl: I no wan belief say den don off the man. God dey!
Me too.Indeed God dey
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by lumideezle(m): 7:35am On Dec 15, 2012
I'm sorry to say this,might sound harsh but I wish they had killed the woman,mayb this would ginger everybody in authority to find a lasting solution to this problem. The way it is now, all any minister needs to do is ensure he/ she steals enough money so when they kidnapp his/ her mother 10M would b nothing to pay.We need serious help in Nigeria a revolution is the ony answer. Expatriates and Nigerians get kiddnapped everyday in the Niger Delta, when I say everyday I mean it!! Every freeking day! Nobody says anyfn abt that. The security agents that lost their lives protecting her dont they have family members ?? Ok becuse none of their daughters is a minister that makes them less human and their lives valueless? In other countries even Ghana if you kill a police officer the war becomes personal as every other cop would ensure you get caught and pay for your crime. What goes around comes arnd anyone here could get kidnapped tomorrow and it would be very unfortunate if you do not have family members in the corridors power or GEJ on speed dial . Now is the time Nigerians need 2 stand and fight against kiddnapping.

1 Like

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Jesuspikin87(m): 8:00am On Dec 15, 2012
Police: No Ransom Paid for Prof. Okonjo’s Release by This Day.
10M ransom paid for Okonji Iweala mother's release by Vanguard.
Which should we believe
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by dhanmccoy: 8:06am On Dec 15, 2012
Blackteeth: I think the best way to solve this kidnapping wahala is to seriously declare NO MORE PAYMENT OF RANSOMS.
After one or two kidnappings and no ransoms paid, it would be a thing of the past.
Hopefully two of your close relatives will be the first people kidnapped so that your indifference will help a whole lot of people and stop kidnapping as you say.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by dhanmccoy: 8:09am On Dec 15, 2012
Roliks09: I believe its thoughts lyk dis that brought us where we are. It really doesnt matter who changes Nigeria, the most important thing is for change to happen. When we put the love of the Nation above friends or family, its then Nigeria can be better.
Wow! Just...wow! Family is first dude. What's your problem? Where you abandoned or abused as a child?
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by vanstanzy(m): 8:22am On Dec 15, 2012
bigtt76: Wished they could have bugged the sack of money with a GPS tracker and monitored as they move along with the bags and finally nabbed by the a crack team of security agents ..... undecided undecided undecided undecided

The NPF no get that kind brain, so dont expect much from them.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by vanstanzy(m): 8:30am On Dec 15, 2012
My opinion: The police are in on it in this kidnap thing. They know who did what and how the information was sold. I also suspect Onyema, the grannys' son.

1 Like

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by vanstanzy(m): 8:32am On Dec 15, 2012
repogirl: Our police too dey lielie. Who we con belief naw naa? Police talk sey dem raid and shoot, dis one talk sey dem drop am off.okay! Maybe dem drop am off, police nab the guy den dem go raid d hideout? Anywhich way, we thank God sey she come back safe. My friend uncle wey dem carry for Owerri ova 2 months naw, we nefa hear anytin even after 10 million dem pay dem *sobs* I no wan belief say den don off the man. God dey!

The police shot and arrested innocent by-standers' and not the real criminals. Poor innocent fellas.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by sundaybam(m): 8:33am On Dec 15, 2012
What a good job. 10m within 5 days
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by baslone: 8:35am On Dec 15, 2012
smsmoney: Almost a Trillion was budgeted for security(Tax payers money) and yet kidnappers still walk free with ransom.Worst still is when high profile govt officials are the ones paying the ransom(Tax payers money)
Double jeopardy

Wake up- the trillion budgetted is for awaiting "ransoms" ãήϑ not security. Pikin wey say him mama no go sleep.....
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by gaffer: 8:37am On Dec 15, 2012
This is pure fallacy! They paid more than 10 million naira. It is an official price declare to the public.
If jimoh ibrahim can pay 50 million naira for the release of his mother, how can a whole finance minister of Nigeria and former world bank vice president pay such a peanut.

Well, Thank God the woman alive.

1 Like

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Toktee(m): 8:41am On Dec 15, 2012
bigtt76: Wished they could have bugged the sack of money with a GPS tracker and monitored as they move along with the bags and finally nabbed by the a crack team of security agents ..... undecided undecided undecided undecided
So you thnk the kiddnapers are illitrates abi? Wakeup
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Samchelsea(m): 8:44am On Dec 15, 2012
pekelepekele: N11m out of our money . It is we Nigerians that paid the kidnappers out of our tax money not Okonjo Iweala if not she would have wait on the police to rescue her mother after all a woman who gave birth to a woman of 50years old plus is good to die.
see your mouth, I bet if she were to give you you N10m you wouldn't have remembered tha it was tax-payers money

1 Like

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Samchelsea(m): 8:49am On Dec 15, 2012
Blackteeth: I think the best way to solve this kidnapping wahala is to seriously declare NO MORE PAYMENT OF RANSOMS.
After one or two kidnappings and no ransoms paid, it would be a thing of the past.
you don't know how wicked they can be cos they can kill their victim if the money isn't paid and trust me no one wants to loose his/her relation cos of an amount he can afford to pay
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by nas4q(m): 8:52am On Dec 15, 2012
thats d way it should have been and now kidnappers are always hungry for more. I won't be suprised if the husband is kidnapped 5months after this incidence. This time the ransom could be as much as N80mil. smh
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 15, 2012
Errr..I think they missed a couple of Zeros somewhere.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Nnaemekajibor: 8:53am On Dec 15, 2012
how will an old woman with weak legs escape from kidnappers, unless they are cripples, we have paid not them.

1 Like

Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by GentleNaaz(m): 8:54am On Dec 15, 2012
My school fees is among d 11m gvn 2 d kidnapas
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Peter8(m): 8:56am On Dec 15, 2012
Naija police are useless.
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by Davidogar(m): 8:57am On Dec 15, 2012
Fak news xmas[color=#000099][/color]
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by onatisi(m): 9:05am On Dec 15, 2012
Peter8: Naija police are useless.
are u just realising this now?or do u think okonjo iwella will leave the matter to the nigerian police to handle?they know the rot in the system nd she knows the efficiency of western countries security system ,so she will prefer to pay the billion than leave her mother at the mercy of NPF ppl
Re: N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard by vanstanzy(m): 9:06am On Dec 15, 2012
Jesuspikin87: Police: No Ransom Paid for Prof. Okonjo’s Release by This Day.
10M ransom paid for Okonji Iweala mother's release by Vanguard.
Which should we believe

The Nigerian police have always been liars and crooks, therefore i'll jettison This Day and go with that of Vanguard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Rally: How Atiku Was Welcomed In Kano (Aerial View Video) / FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC / Orji Uzor Kalu's Posters For Presidency Shared By Arewa Group In South-East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.