Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,972 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Razor Tongue: A Story - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Razor Tongue: A Story (49395 Views)

Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story / Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Kunbee: 9:45pm On Dec 19, 2012
Lovely
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Coldfaya(m): 9:58pm On Dec 19, 2012
Mobsync: And where's the story?

U too dey hurry.
back to reading d story
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:10pm On Dec 19, 2012
nollywood20: Some of these stories I have noticed posted here and people commenting have good dialogues, but they don't read as original because they look like stories lifted from foreign fiction and then dubbed for Nigerian audiences.
I have read many of the lines from western romance novels.
Like the way many Nigerian students dub projects.

People are just dubbing and pasting borrowed narratives and the moderators who have not read much cannot tell the difference.

It is like Nigerian hip hop.
Ly-psyching all the way.

Find your own voice and you will make a difference.

can u write ur own original story so that we can read if nt shaarap

5 Likes

Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by remmyton(f): 11:32pm On Dec 19, 2012
nollywood20: Some of these stories I have noticed posted here and people commenting have good dialogues, but they don't read as original because they look like stories lifted from foreign fiction and then dubbed for Nigerian audiences.
I have read many of the lines from western romance novels.
Like the way many Nigerian students dub projects.

People are just dubbing and pasting borrowed narratives and the moderators who have not read much cannot tell the difference.

It is like Nigerian hip hop.
Ly-psyching all the way.

Find your own voice and you will make a difference.

Go n hug d nearest transformer. Olodo

1 Like

Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by ABsI1: 11:42pm On Dec 19, 2012
AB$araki@50 longlife and prosperity Sir
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by MOBBDEEP: 12:26am On Dec 20, 2012
Nothing transfixes me like the innings of an imaginative & hyperdynamic brain. Especially, when the brain is feminine.
You are simply wow!
Plot is great.
Storyline is simple but excellent.
Clarity & diction are precise.
Delivery is superb.
Communication is intelligent & well-relayed.
Love the reflections of diverse ethnicities in your characters though I'm yet to see you represent our folks from the North.
It is good to know that what probably makes your piece so good is its plot - simple.
See avid readers & literature lovers screaming for more.

Meanwhile, it is easy to read in-between your prose & infer that you are from South-South but lives in Lagos or had a stint with the Yorubas.

By the way, were you penalized or banned on NL sometimes back ?
Because I use to know one Sadeiyare on this forum!
Are you per chance the one Ma?
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Mospring(m): 1:48am On Dec 20, 2012
serahsadeiyare: Thanks!

More is on the way.

*winks*
interesting and mind blowing work!! like it!!!
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Nobody: 3:02am On Dec 20, 2012
@Mospring... Thanks

@Mobbdeep... Ur observations r on point. Soaking in ur words. Thanks. Sadeiyare is my hubby.

@Kunbee... Thanks

@nollywood20... Plagarism is not my thing. God has blessed me with a creative and imaginative mind.

@Olumi4eva... Pls sleep oooo. I want to sleep too. I will post soon. Pls bear with me @Mumz... Well, u r rite, Martha should have known better.

@Mudilove @Chirolechick... Lol... Thanks...
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by adebayo201: 5:35am On Dec 20, 2012
. . . To be continue. . .
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Pororo(f): 5:55am On Dec 20, 2012
Dear Lord, not another "story-writing tease". Just finish this, will you? You deserve all the accolades but don't spoil it by inserting unnecessary suspense, please?
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by mascot5: 7:53am On Dec 20, 2012
which kind mumu story be all dis,no picture as evdience every tin abt d story are fake.
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by peziz(f): 8:02am On Dec 20, 2012
...... Hmm... Am waiting ooh!
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by peziz(f): 8:06am On Dec 20, 2012
mascot5: which kind mumu story be all dis,no picture as evdience every tin abt d story are fake.
which kind person you be? Which kind evidence you dey find? Dem tell you say na real life d story happen? Mstcheww...

1 Like

Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by dejodriod(f): 8:20am On Dec 20, 2012
go on...plsssss
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by slimur(m): 8:27am On Dec 20, 2012
mascot5: which kind mumu story be all dis,no picture as evdience every tin abt d story are fake.

na primary school reader??
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Coldfaya(m): 9:32am On Dec 20, 2012

Tru tru, common sence nor common. #agbaya#
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by ocee31(m): 9:48am On Dec 20, 2012
Its morning & I'm already waiting for the story mod pls don't ban any story that's not complete
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 20, 2012
We r waiting o. Very nice n straight forward plot.
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Cutepie1(f): 10:17am On Dec 20, 2012
So interestin.......pls continue nw
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by DAvIt0(m): 10:19am On Dec 20, 2012
Splendblex: Gud job! MORE!!! Pls...

splendblex yur here too
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Nellyd(f): 11:35am On Dec 20, 2012
@ op, this is so lovely. Waiting for the continuation...
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by amyg(f): 8:04pm On Dec 20, 2012
*Grabs a pack of popcorn*Iz dis d end?
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 20, 2012
My people, I appreciate all your comments. Thanks!

The story continues tonight...
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by kushemi(f): 10:03pm On Dec 20, 2012
Good work, keep it up
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Chirolechick: 10:19pm On Dec 20, 2012
Sade sade sade, how many times did I kol u, u're tryin me o, if I vex hmmmmm, *tinkin if I shld plead instead* oya my darlyn pls post this story na, its me o.....
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Splendblex(f): 10:53pm On Dec 20, 2012
DAvIt0:

splendblex yur here too
yes o bros,anywhere there'll be a good gistwink
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 21, 2012
PART FIVE

Martha walked into the party hall. She looked around through her blurred vision. Tears had gathered in her eyes again. She saw her parents seated with John, Dorcas and their spouses and children. The Dj had stopped the music and the remaining guests were taking their leave. She avoided them and approached her family.

"Is that Martha?" Charles noticed his eldest daughter. Everyone at the table followed his gaze.

"I thought she left... " Dorcas got to her feet. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw her sister's tears stained face and red eyes. Martha got to the table, drew out a chair and sat down.

"Sweet heart, are you okay?" Her mother reached out for her hand.

She remained mum and faced John, "This is the last time I am going to accommodate being in the same room with your daughter... "

Nnese and Charles sighed, what has their grand daughter done again? Is there no end to her menance?

Dorcas sat back on the chair, she looked around, all the guests had left. Good, they were alone.

John held his sister's gaze. Her countenance was heart breaking. If Sheila's actions had affected her to this extent, he was scared of knowing what his daughter had done. Eureka mumbled a prayer. Her heart was racing so fast, she could hardly hear herself.

"Your daughter slipped her pant into my fiance's pocket... "

Eureka stopped praying. John glanced at his daughter, she was grinning from ear to ear. Nnese tightened her grip on Martha's hand. Charles and Imabong exchanged glances. Boma and Edidiong glared at their cousin.

"Daniel admitted that he touched her... "

"No!" Eureka's shrill echoed through the walls. John was torn between consoling his sister and strangling his own daughter. He remained motionless on his seat. Dorcas closed her eyes, her husband pulled her close.

"They... I don't know what... I... " Martha swallowed hard. "I can't go through with the wedding." She pointed a shaky finger at her brother, "I want your daughter to stay away from me... " She rose, Nnese released her hands, she could feel her daughter's pains.

Charles turned to look at his grand daughter. She was smiling! Anger began to brew inside him. What sort of a child is this?

Sheila met her father's gaze. His looks seemed to say, 'I am ashamed of you'. Was he? He has never looked at her like that before. She tore her eyes away and glanced at her mother who was crying as if she had lost someone. For a moment, she regretted what she had done.

Martha kicked her seat out of her way and headed out.

"Martha..." Nnese called out, but her eldest daughter disappeared into the night. She turned to her husband. "She cannot drive in that state..."

Imabong leapt to his feet, "I will take her home."

"I will come with you... the kids can stay with their grandparents," She hurried after her husband.

All eyes fell on Sheila, a mischievous grin was pasted on her face.

"Until further notice, I don't want to see Sheila at any family event." Charles pulled his wife up.

"Charles... No..."

He raised a hand and she kept quiet. He turned to John.

"She has caused this family enough pain... "

"Dad... "

"No... No... This is the height."

"Dad... "

"Let us go," he beckoned to Boma and Edidiong.

"Dad... "

Charles ignored his son and left the party hall with his wife and grand-children.

John glanced at his weeping wife, then at his unrepentant daughter. Oh lord God almighty... Please show up. Show up now!

3 Likes

Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by avicky(f): 1:19am On Dec 21, 2012
God pls truly show up nw and touch serah's heart frm giving us titbits. Dt was so short.
Anyway, thanks and more power to ur typing fingers.
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Debsolat(f): 5:10am On Dec 21, 2012
We waited a long while but only got titbits as avicky wrote. That was short lady.
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by adebayo201: 9:08am On Dec 21, 2012
part six pls!
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by olashas(f): 9:37am On Dec 21, 2012
Serah, sup with the torture? I was expecting a long post
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 21, 2012
Please be patient.

Aside being a Writer, I am also a wife and a mother.

You are all on my mind.

Thank you all... Mmmuuuaaaah!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

VALENCRY, My Valentine Experience ( Short Story ) / Hills And Wills Nwokedi, Twin Authors Of Dominik's Diaries / Forbidden Love - A Short And Educative Love Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.