Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:52 AM

Razor Tongue: A Story - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Razor Tongue: A Story (49822 Views)

Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story / Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by MumZ(f): 9:04pm On Feb 03, 2013
Patience, tolerance n love ll continually win ova anger. I loved ur story gal, weldone n more power 2 ur elbow even as u get more 1daful inspiratns.
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Mrshroud: 12:00am On Feb 04, 2013
Nice, creative, addictive, i'll be right back, Lemme search for more adjectives.
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Emeraldz(f): 7:34am On Feb 04, 2013
This story is wonderful. I like it. I really do like it.
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 04, 2013
@Emeraldz... I am glad that you liked it. I really like it too *winks*

@Mr shroud... Thank you Thank you Thank you. I am honoured.

@Mum z... Amen oooo! Thanks!

@Onye oma... Awwwwwww! Soooooo close. Lol... It doesn't matter. Am so glad u r an August child *hugs*

@Tovot... Thaaaaannnnnkkkkksssssss

@cute pie... Thanks sweet heart. I appreciate

@slimur... Y d tears, lol.. Smile joor! *hugs*
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by BukkyDan(f): 10:58am On Feb 04, 2013
Wow Aunty Serah, i love you ooooo
your story is one of the best I've read so far. You are a genius.
God bless ya
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by ChikaSunday(m): 12:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
serahsadeiyare: PART ONE

Charles Adams took a quick glimpse at his appearance in the standing mirror nailed to the cream wall of the master bedroom. A seventy year old six feet tall dark broad shouldered man clad in an ankara embroiled outfit stared back at him. He had aged slowly, some say he looks as if he was in his mid sixties, he could accept that, but those who say he looks like he was in his fifties were liars.

He had lived a good life, retired as a renowned medical doctor, married to an extra-ordinary woman who bore him three wonderful children.

Martha, his first daughter and first child was doing very well in the banking industry. But her unmarried status have been a form of weak link in her chains of success. She would be forty in two months time and he wonders how she fares emotionally. Whenever she pays a visit, she puts up a wall labelled 'I am fine', painted with a plastic smile that barely reached her hazel eyes.

Dorcas, his second daughter and last child was married with two children who are in their teens. She was thriving in the event planning business and her husband was a famous professional photographer. The likes of TY Bello and Co. She and his wife had planned the party and her husband's assistants were assigned to capture the day in pictures. Perfect, isn't it? Nice to have these set of people in the family.

John, his only male and second child was also married; his beautiful wife did not conceive until after Dorcas had, had her two children, although John got married before her. He and his wife were doing well, lost in the work and things of God.

That young man could have done better things with his life. He had a Phd. in International Relations, Masters in Law, and Bsc. in Political Science. His qualifications were wasted in the pursuit of an unseen God, not that he didn't believe in God, but, should one stop one's life and jump into, into... What did John call it? Ministry, Calling? Yes, that is exactly what he called it, calling, divine calling to be precise.

Charles shook his head, dark brows knitted in a frown. If they were doing God's work, why did God curse them with such a trouble-maker of a child? Was Sheila their thorn in the flesh? That young woman can drive any sane person crazy with just a single word. He shivered at the thought.

"Young man! Don't tell me you are not yet ready. Everybody is here!" His wife's voice drifted into the room from the hall way.

She made her way into the bedroom and found her husband chuckling. One brow raised, "What is so funny?" Charles walked up to her and pulled her close, "At seventy, you still call me a young man." Nnese tried to pull away, but he tightened his grip.

"No matter how old you are, you will always remain my young man," She winked, "We have guests to attend to."

He sighed, it was his birthday, a few family and close friends were celebrating with them. He would have prefered an uninterrupted day alone with his wife, but, a small party had already been planned before he could voice his desires.

His dark brown eyes drank his wife's petite frame. At five feet six inches, curvy hips and abundant bosom, she could carry herself even at her age. Her chocolate cream complexion hasn't lost their glitter.

"Charles... Guests are waiting."

"Queen Nnese..." He took a bow, "Let us attend to our hungry guests."

She could hardly stop the laughter that bubbled through her. Her husband could be comical when he wants to be. That was one of the reasons why she married him.

Charles and his wife headed for the garden. The moment they walked in, everyone seated got to their feet and started singing, "Happy birthday to you..." Martha and her siblings went over to their parents and hugged them, followed by their spouses and children. Charles thanked everyone for coming and the party commenced.

Sheila joined her cousins at a table. Edidiong and Boma came along with their dates. She wondered why they always bring someone new to every family event. Their relationships barely last a month. Why bother?

She wasn't interested in a relationship at the moment. At five feet nine inches, with a slim and well curved body, she had, had her share of admirers. But not until she graduates at twenty one, she will not venture into any relationship.

"Sweet heart, have you met my cousin?" Edidiong was speaking to her date, but was staring at her. Sheila met her gaze, the look in her eyes spelt mischief and she could discern that her cousin was up to no good. She had promised her parents that she would avoid squabbles, but if anyone brings trouble her way, she was more than ready to fight back.

"Her name is Sheila and she is the black sheep of the family," She and her date started to laugh. Sheila decided to ignore them.

"Cat got your tongue?" Boma addressed her. He and his date were also laughing.

She noticed that they were beginning to attract attention. If she allowed her cousins to go on with their ridiculous comments, she might lose her temper. She decided to end the whole tirade once and for all, before it got out of hand.

She pointed at their dates, "If both of you think they are serious about you, then you better think again," they all stopped laughing, " These two cousins of mine bring a different date to every family function. I have photos in my phone as proof."

Boma and Edidiong starred at her in disbelief. An uncomfortable silence settled over them. Boma's date picked up her bag and got to her feet. He reached out for her hand, but she used her bag to hit him and headed out. He got up and hurried after her.

Edidiong's date pushed his food away and dabbed his lips with a napkin. He drained his glass in one gulp and pushed his chair backwards.

"Sweet heart..." He ignored her and left the table without a word. Edidiong shot her cousin an angry look, "You will pay for this!" She threatened and ran after her date.

Mission accomplished! Sheila sighed and sipped at her drink. Martha saw her neice and nephew running after their dates. She wondered what was going on. She turned and saw Sheila smiling sheepishly. She left her seat and approached her, "When are you going to stop this unpleasant habit of yours?"

Sheila looked up at her aunt, wondering what she was talking about.

"Were you born to make everyone around you miserable?"

Boma and Edidiong returned without their dates. Their countenance brightened when they realized that their aunt was scolding their cousin.

"Must you wave your wand of despair at every family function? Can't you be normal just for once?"

Sheila placed her glass of chilled chapman on the table and stood, the only way to avoid creating a scene was to leave. She eyed her self righteous aunt who didn't even bother to find out what had happened before shooting blames and insults.

"Is it me you are looking at like that?"

Without a word, head high, shoulders raised, Sheila walked out of the garden. Martha starred after her in mad rage. "Look at this little ingrate..." She marched after her neice.

Boma and Edidiong exchanged glances, trouble brews for Sheila. Both teens went in different directions to alert their parents and Sheila's parents.

Okay,good vision, but the story architecture is more hidden in you than the reader can follow. Also the description of Charles Adams in the beginning requires that you join some words with dash. More power to your elbow...
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Splendblex(f): 1:26pm On Feb 04, 2013
Wow! Lovely! Lovely!! Lovely!!! Weldone serah!
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 04, 2013
@splendblex... Thank u Thank u Thank u *winks*

@chika sunday... Thanks. I appreciate ur observation.

@bukkydan... Sweet heart thanksssss. U r a darling. Love yah too. *hugs*
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Tovot: 11:26pm On Feb 05, 2013
ehen sarah,u r alreadi doin parcial abi?u dnt say u luv me ooo,okay no problem,i comment my reserve!but when are u starting the new story?
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 06, 2013
@Tovot... Awwwww... I love u too na. Lol... The new story will be posted on a new thread probably the 3rd or 4th week of February. I want to write several episodes before I start posting and updating the thread. I might write and post the synopsis on the thread this week, but, let's see how it goes.
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 06, 2013
New story,lets go there,anywhere u go i go follow u go, even if its B ring of saturn we shall be there 2geda.
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Reenoj(f): 11:05am On Feb 06, 2013
Hmmmmmm,Serah your story is wow! And guess wat? We are birthday mates,was born on 22nd August too.Keep up the good work dearie.
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by avicky(f): 11:33am On Feb 06, 2013
Wow! Thank God. At long last, this story has come to an end.
I am looking forward to the new story you'll be uploading soon. Cheers!
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 06, 2013
@avicky... Lol... Yes, very soon

@Reenoj... Hurray! Yipee! Omigosh! See my birthday mate. Let's pop champagne oooo. Lol...

@Damex333... Follow follow! Oya come let us go there. Lol.
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by adebayo201: 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2013
waow! Im happy! By Serah,i would like you to post the name of the new story thread her for ease! Thanks . . . Love you!
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 07, 2013
I have posted the new story on a new thread.

The title of the story is called, 'As Deep As The Sea'.

I have posted the 'Synopsis' of the story.

I will start updating the thread soonest.
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by adebayo201: 1:42pm On Feb 08, 2013
k!
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by baruchlady(f): 8:04pm On Feb 28, 2013
smileyInspiring
Educating n
Captivating
Sade u r a bundle of talent
Ur writing challenges me
More grease 2 ur elbow
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 01, 2013
@baruchlady... Thank uuuuuuuu! I appreciate you *Hugs*
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Fishoy(f): 5:24pm On Mar 01, 2013
serahsadeiyare: @baruchlady... Thank uuuuuuuu! I appreciate you *Hugs*

Kindly drop d link to ur new story here,,,,tnk u
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 01, 2013
@fishoy...I am using my Blackberry phone to write, post and update my story threads.

How do I post the link?
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Obinnau(m): 7:25pm On Mar 01, 2013
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 02, 2013
@obinnau... Thanks! You are a darling. *Hugs*
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Obinnau(m): 5:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
serahsadeiyare: @obinnau... Thanks! You are a darling. *Hugs*
U are welcome.
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by chinedumo(m): 3:35am On Apr 06, 2013
What a pleasant story.

Muslim might find it provocative
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Deewonder(f): 5:26pm On Apr 07, 2013
No mata wat u hv done in d past,
wat u ve been thru, God is eva ready 2 render a second chance...
Not just bin called a christian, but how do u react in times of difficulties, will Jesus also react same way...
Christ-like i pray 2 be alwayz
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by ameenahz(f): 9:44am On May 28, 2013
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=646875595327424&id=313147372033583&set=a.314966258518361.92979.313147372033583&refid=17

I just saw this on a page i liked on facebook. Is that you or did someone just plagiarise your story?
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by naiko: 7:32am On Aug 03, 2013
good story line
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Michelle55: 1:24pm On Aug 03, 2013
Woah!!!!!!!!!!! i am speechless with this story............. go on Dear
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Queenxstar(f): 5:37pm On Aug 03, 2013
I was blessed. Thank you so much.
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by gennysq(f): 4:35pm On Nov 14, 2013
Lovely story! God bless you
Re: Razor Tongue: A Story by Angelsit(f): 11:04pm On Nov 14, 2013
Wow wow wow! Clappin 4 u nice story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hills And Wills Nwokedi, Twin Authors Of Dominik's Diaries / Onyeka Nwelue: "A Lady Asked For Sex Before She Could Give Me Loan" / VALENCRY, My Valentine Experience ( Short Story )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.