Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? (14880 Views)

What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch / Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone / Is Nigeria's Problem Bad Leadership Or Weak "followership"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by calaharry: 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2012
Nigeria's problems is progated by bad spirit teachings of today's socalled religious and moral leaders Many nigeria religious leaders are in business, teaching greed,lack of contentment,lack competent skills,and combining them as their daily sermons of fake prosperity to yeild more money to fuel their greedy appetite for easy riches and cheap fame.To rob shoulders with corrupt politicians
Formulae for spending our commonwealth are: Zero Corruption equals CONTENTMENT but Corruption equals Greed. If the religious leaders in Nigeria can teach their congregation this formulae, then the nation will make a u-turn from backwardness to progress.Contentment is great gain what does it profit a man to embezzle the commonwealth of society with his collaborators, all is vanity
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by calaharry: 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2012
calaharry: Nigerians be coherent in your thinking, reason together to succeed. Nigeria's problems is progated by bad spiritual teaching of today's so-called religious and moral leaders. Many nigeria religious leaders are neck deep in business, teaching greed,lack of contentment,lack of competent skills, desperation,lack of patience,and combining them to cook up their daily sermons of fake prosperity to yield blood money to fuel their greedy appetite for easy riches and cheap fame in order to rob shoulders with devious and corrupt politicians
Hell bent on manipulating d people. We need to rekindle light in minds of citizens by washing of above ills with a change to good moral teaching. We start here with
D Formulae for spending our commonwealth are: Zero Corruption equals CONTENTMENT but Corruption equals Greed. If the religious leaders in Nigeria can teach their congregation this formulae, then the nation will make a u-turn from backwardness to progress.Contentment is great gain what does it profit a man to embezzle the commonwealth of society with his collaborators, all is vanity
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by ToyinOlufade(m): 8:58pm On Dec 17, 2012
Our leaders!
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by k2039: 9:07pm On Dec 17, 2012
caseless: sori, my reply is belated. U are 100% right!

But what i want u to understand is that; our heterogeneity has been our driving force. Only God knws what this country wld have looked like without it. We have somalia more than 95% muslims and speaks somali language...what is their fate today? Rwanda, 89% xtains and, huti and tutsi are same language with jst little difference.....we all knw what went down dere. Also, liberia, sierre leonne, congo...we have problems in such places despite their little differences compare to ours, and stil they cant find peace.

I dont want to blame it on amalgamation cos it was destined to happen. The tribalism and religious bigotry u see today in our politics was used by our leaders as a method to achieve 'divide and rule' tactics.....u see why we should blame the leadership for our woes.....

Thank
I hope you find time to go through the links, just to show that I agree with you totally, they are comments I have made one time or the other as it relates to the subject on ground.

Frankly I agree with your post and you are one of the handles I always ensure I read their comments.

One thing is just that two people can look at thesame thing and see different things and both are still right in their opinion, gringringringringringrin
www.nairaland.com/1134283/own-views-what-actually-nigerias/7#13419698

www.nairaland.com/1134283/own-views-what-actually-nigerias#13415310

www.nairaland.com/1134283/own-views-what-actually-nigerias/2#13415754

On the issue of strenght in diversity
www.nairaland.com/1098780/nigeria-been-better-only-one#12903639
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by AdeniyiA(m): 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2012
Sapoo: 1-Discovery of Oil
2-Establishment of different Churches
3-Establishment of private schools
4-The Political Class
5-The Elite
6-Captains of Industries
7-The Civil Servant
8-Trade Union Bodies
9- Islam Fanatic
10-State of Origin
11. federal character jargon
12. selfishness
13. ungodliness
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2012
Tribalism and ... Corruption
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by summmerjojo: 6:37am On Dec 18, 2012
If you already have a type of Little Black Dresses in mind, you can search the selection by type of dress, looking specifically at the gowns that fit the parameters you already had in mind. You can shop Bridesmaid Dresses UK by silhouette (A-line, empire waist, ball gown, sheath, princess or mermaid), by hemline (tea-length, ankle-length, floor-length, knee-length, or mini), by type of train (court train, chapel train, cathedral train, and others), by style (classic, chic modern, and others), by fabric type (satin, taffeta, chiffon, organza, tulle, and others), or by color-because even a bride isn't "required" to wear white if she chooses not to.

Sweep/ Brush Train One Shoulder A line Chiffon Floor Length Short Sleeve Prom Dress
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by damola14(m): 6:58am On Dec 18, 2012
Greed and greed all the way
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by ijawcitizen(m): 10:17pm On Dec 18, 2012
de-moore:
Three differrent big nations, forced to be one and filled with hatred and anger amongst one another. The nation can never florish as one......impossible

WRONG COUNT OF NATIONS!
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by ijawcitizen(m): 11:06pm On Dec 18, 2012
Arcard: 250 ethnic group unda wan roof

THERE ARE NOT UP TO 250 ETHNIC GROUPS IN THIS COUNTRY, THAT NUMBER REFERS TO SPOKEN DIALECTS OF THE LESS THAN 30 ETHNIC GROUPS IN NIGERIA. I CAN COUNT ABOUT TEN IN THE WHOLE OF SOUTHERN NIGERIA-I CANT BE PRECISE ABOUT THOSE IN THE NORTH
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 18, 2012
ijaw citizen:

THERE ARE NOT UP TO 250 ETHNIC GROUPS IN THIS COUNTRY, THAT NUMBER REFERS TO SPOKEN DIALECTS OF THE LESS THAN 30 ETHNIC GROUPS IN NIGERIA. I CAN COUNT ABOUT TEN IN THE WHOLE OF SOUTHERN NIGERIA I CANT BE PRECISE ABOUT THOSE IN THE NORTH

please count them for us.
waiting....
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by mizzochocinco: 11:18pm On Dec 18, 2012
Gross stupidity
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 18, 2012
the ijaw idiiet ran away. i want to see him name the 10 nations in south naija.
mudderfokka big time. if naija dissolves, there will never be any ijaw nation.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by anulaxad(m): 6:31pm On Dec 19, 2012
the yoruba's of nigeria I must say are very troublesome but the best ethnic group we got why well lets look at population for beginning there's an estimate of 39 million yoruba people in the world and 35 million live in nigeria know and the population of nigeria is 180 million people so minus 35 we have 145 million Nigerians that are non Yorubas that's allot so there very sustainable and with again tribalism there the most diverse people ever they accept whatever culture you are and embrace unlike some places undecided now lets split nigeria in two three there's the north the east and west now I can only think of two languages spoken in northern nigeria huasa and Fula (originally Fulani fulfude) I know there's more languages and the east I can only think of two but I know for sure there's more igbo and ijaw. but in the west they talk Yoruba literally they could be dialects but its just Yoruba no other language so you see what im talking about. im random

anyway the problem is lack of good leadership even an illiterate can see that miles way wink
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by ZeusI: 9:50pm On Dec 19, 2012
Nigerians are Nigerian problem.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by FindOut(m): 11:01pm On Dec 19, 2012
anulaxad: [s]the yoruba's of nigeria I must say are very troublesome but the best ethnic group we got why well lets look at population for beginning there's an estimate of 39 million yoruba people in the world and 35 million live in nigeria know and the population of nigeria is 180 million people so minus 35 we have 145 million Nigerians that are non Yorubas that's allot so there very sustainable and with again tribalism there the most diverse people ever they accept whatever culture you are and embrace unlike some places undecided now lets split nigeria in two three there's the north the east and west now I can only think of two languages spoken in northern nigeria huasa and Fula (originally Fulani fulfude) I know there's more languages and the east I can only think of two but I know for sure there's more igbo and ijaw. but in the west they talk Yoruba literally they could be dialects but its just Yoruba no other language so you see what im talking about. im random[/s]

anyway the problem is lack of good leadership even an illiterate can see that miles way wink

ehen. Simple. Lol @ Bolded, no o, some people are still busy blaming Lord Lugard and 1914 amalgamation o. As if thats d reason why we have kidnapping, corruption and bad leaders.

2 Likes

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 20, 2012
onila:

yoruba girls

madame_bebe:

Imagine!! Isi adiro gi mma

grin
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by anulaxad(m): 4:32pm On Dec 20, 2012
Find Out!:

ehen. Simple. Lol @ Bolded, no o, some people are still busy blaming Lord Lugard and 1914 amalgamation o. As if thats d reason why we have kidnapping, corruption and bad leaders.

looooooooooooooooool cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by ijawcitizen(m): 2:06pm On Dec 23, 2012
re@lchange:
please count them for us.
waiting....

the ijaw idiiet ran away. i want to see him name the 10 nations in south naija.
mudderfokka big time. if naija dissolves, there will never be any ijaw nation.

As a more reponsible person, I will ignore ur misguided statement above.

But back to our issue on number of ethnic groups in southern nigeria, I count as follows;

1.IGBO- All of the south eastern states, the entire Delta north senatorial district(anoima Igbos), the Igboid groups in Rivers state including the Ikwerre people & the Igbanke people in edo state.

2.YORUBA- All of the south western states ( excluding the Ijaw minorities in Ondo state), Kogi west senatorial district (Okun Yorubas) and part of Kwara state. Though, Kogi & Kwara are not in southern Nigeria.

3.IJAW- found in Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Ondo & Edo states (unjustly balkanized into the last 4 as minorities)

4.CALABAR PEOPLE- Though this is not the proper name for these people since it is just the name of a city, it is usually used to describe the people of Akwa ibom and Cross Rivers state because their languages are under on family and mutually intelligible to a large extent. the most prominient amonst them are Ibibio, Efik, Annang & ogoja. The Obolo and Ibeno people of Akwa Ibom are an Ijoid group so do not enter this category.

5.URHOBO- Found in Delta state alone. ISOKO should have been mentioned as another ethnic group as it is in the politics of Delta state but the Urhobos & Isokos understand that they are one and the same culturally, liguistically & historically.

6.Itsekiri-Some argue that they are part of the Yoruba nation but history suggests otherwise, though everyone is entitled their opinion & every opinion is respected by me. It has also been suggested that their name was given to them by Ijaws

7. Ogoni- Though found in Rivers state, they bear no resemblance with their Igboid & Ijoid neighbours except for their name which was given to them by the Ijaws. Ogoni means "strangers or visitors" in Ijaw

8.EDO PEOPLE- This consist of Bini, Esan, Etsako, Owan & Afemai people.

At this point, I'm open to more contributions
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by ITbomb(m): 2:26pm On Dec 23, 2012
ijaw citizen:

4.CALABAR PEOPLE- Though this is not the proper name for these people since it is just the name of a city, it is usually used to describe the people of Akwa ibom and Cross Rivers state because their languages are under on family and mutually intelligible to a large extent. the most prominient amonst them are Ibibio, Efik, Annang & ogoja . The Obolo and Ibeno people of Akwa Ibom are an Ijoid group so do not enter this category.

At this point, I'm open to more contributions
Good analysis , however we can't grouped Ogoja under 'Calabar' people. They are of a different stock entirely in language and culture. They don't speak or understand any dialects of the 'Calabar' group.
Cross River as a whole is a Babylon of languages , not dialects but distinct languages
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Noswaa: 12:14am On Jan 14, 2013
The problem of Nigeria did not start today,it is not religious,political,leadership and tribalism,our problem started from 1914 amalgamation of southern and northern Nigeria by the British evil Government.Nigerians then rejected it but they make it by force.Nigeria can never have peace unless appropriate step is taken to address the state of being one Nigeria.You can not force some one to be your friend,brother or sister,it can never work no matter how you make it
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2019
virgie:
It is deep rooted greed.

Howdy?
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by tck2000(m): 1:29pm On Aug 23, 2019
[quote author=REVOLUTNIS post=13418161]Nigeria is a great country with great hustling people. With every hustle come challenges that must be surmounted. We have perfected the art of keeping our decaying house erect, albeit with the occasional smoke and stench coming out the windows. We are problem solvers. This article is a general guide for new Nigerians, foreigners who have just moved in to Nigeria, Nigerians who have just moved back from foreign lands, and idealistic Nigerians who live abroad.

Ask God for help. Now, it doesn’t matter if you are religious or if you have one of those new religions not recognised by our law. We have one general god -- the Nigerian god -- to whom all solutions are outsourced. Ask for his help in choosing leaders; in changing leaders; in wanting PHCN to provide electricity for that match because your generator is bad; in wanting fuel tanker drivers not to go on strike; in wanting roads; in wanting bombs to stop; in wanting corruption to stop; and in wanting to keep our count

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aso Rock Presidential Villa (pictures) / Red Cross Threatens To Vacate Nigeria Following The Killing Of Hauwa Liman / Shettima Pays Homage To The Emir Of Gumel, HRH Alh Ahmad Muhammad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.