Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,934 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? (14881 Views)

What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch / Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone / Is Nigeria's Problem Bad Leadership Or Weak "followership"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by mu2sa2: 10:03pm On Dec 16, 2012
k2039: 1914 Amalgamation
Only a mentally sick or mischievous person will blame the 1914 amalgamation for nigeria's current ills. Why didn't amalgamation stop the then Regions from making giant strides in development up to 1966 when the military cut short the visionary foresight of the Premiers. Are the slowpokes blaming the ongoing massive impoundment of public fund by politicians of all tribes and religions on amalgamation? It's obvious that the country cannot develop as long as a few people just continue to pocket public funds leaving virtually nothing for development. Blame not amalgamation but our thieving leaders for the country's travails.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Sapoo: 10:10pm On Dec 16, 2012
1-Discovery of Oil
2-Establishment of different Churches
3-Establishment of private schools
4-The Political Class
5-The Elite
6-Captains of Industries
7-The Civil Servant
8-Trade Union Bodies
9- Islam Fanatic
10-State of Origin
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by prettyboi1(m): 10:15pm On Dec 16, 2012
Blueboy0402: I've said it before and I'll say it again, the root cause of Nigeria's problem is the fact that every ethnic group wants to dominate others. The Hausas wants to dominate, the Igbos want to domnate, the Yorubas want to dominate etc. A particular ethnic group sees itself as more superior than others. This gave birth to corruption, tribalism, Nigeria/Biafra war, quota system, federal character, ethnicism, hatred, wickedness, jelousy, unforgiveness, religious intolerance, inbalance in federal structure, relocation of federal capital from Lagos to Abuja, marginalization etc.

Each tribe has an agenda and mission. For example it is speculated that the Hausas want to Islamise Nigeria, the Igbos want Biafra, the Yorubas want regional autonomy etc. Not untill the different ethnic groups see themselves as equal in the Nigerian project, the problem will persist.
God Bless you bro. This is it. All this still books down to the flawed mindset of the average Nigerian I was talking about in my own reply.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2012
Civilian rule(in nigeria) breeds the problems y'all have highlighted. What we need is military rule.. Nigerians need harsh laws and treatment. I loved abachas regime!
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by christemmbassey(m): 10:19pm On Dec 16, 2012
CARLISTO77:

Could you kindly expatiate on your assertion as to how Pastors and Judges are sources of our plights?
Pastors, they preach stomach instead of the gospel of Jesus Christ(love),you can kill, lie against the innoscent, steal, do ritual, rig election,pack pension /subsidy funds, destroy, fake drugs etc, etc etc as long as you bring their share its ok. Now others suppose to learn from us, but we lead in everything that is evil. Most of the thieves in nigeria are their members, Obj, Gej, Bode george, Tony Aneni and other ministers past and present,Otedola n others, pension fund scammers, Cecilia ibru and other bank thieves, james ibori and other thieving govs, senathieves and hon thieves, lga chairmen etc etc are all their members, for eg Gej is a member of Anglican church, av you ever heard when the pastor preach and tell him do this dont do that, or any other pastor like Adeboye that Gej has just attended their programme, they wont but see Gej's position as opportunity to also get their share of the national cake. 2. The cnurt judge is common knowledge and dose nnt need expkanation. They specialize in setting criminals free. How can you stop coruption, look at the case of bode george, james ibori, cecillia ibru, and other bank thieves etc etc. The pastors and the court judges are our problems, let the pastors preach against evil and show good eg and let the judges give justice on time.

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by christemmbassey(m): 10:19pm On Dec 16, 2012
CARLISTO77:

Could you kindly expatiate on your assertion as to how Pastors and Judges are sources of our plights?
Pastors, they preach stomach instead of the gospel of Jesus Christ(love),you can kill, lie against the innoscent, steal, do ritual, rig election,pack pension /subsidy funds, destroy, fake drugs etc, etc etc as long as you bring their share its ok. Now others suppose to learn from us, but we lead in everything that is evil. Most of the thieves in nigeria are their members, Obj, Gej, Bode george, Tony Aneni and other ministers past and present,Otedola n others, pension fund scammers, Cecilia ibru and other bank thieves, james ibori and other thieving govs, senathieves and hon thieves, lga chairmen etc etc are all their members, for eg Gej is a member of Anglican church, av you ever heard when the pastor preach and tell him do this dont do that, or any other pastor like Adeboye that Gej has just attended their programme, they wont but see Gej's position as opportunity to also get their share of the national cake. 2. The cnurt judge is common knowledge and dose nnt need expkanation. They specialize in setting criminals free. How can you stop coruption, look at the case of bode george, james ibori, cecillia ibru, and other bank thieves etc etc. The pastors and the court judges are our problems, let the pastors preach against evil and show good eg and let the judges give justice on time.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Elgaxton(m): 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2012
Slizbeat: Apart from the boko haram menace that has claimed most of the deaths in 2012, that of crashes has also joined. Just the last half of the year 2012, nigeria has recorded 4 crashes. That of DANA airline killing 158 on board and over 40 on ground, Oil company Helicopter killing some foreign Investors and Oil Mogul, private jet of taraba state governor Danbaba Suntai leaving him Brain-damaged and yesterday's air mishap at bayelsa killing former NSA rtd. Gen. Andrew Owoye Azazi and Executive and first christian governor of kaduna state, Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa among Others. Now in your own views, what actually is the problem? Is it PDP? Is it ACN? Is it the North? Is it the South? Is it the East? Is it the West? Is it 1914 Amalgamation? Is it 1967 civil war? Is it the sins of the Nation? Is it GEJ? Is it OBJ? Is it Buhari? Is it Me? grin Is it the Pastors(those in disguise) and the judges? But on a serious Note, is much, what do you think?

Its simply the mindset of the people called Nigeria, until their minds are renewed, sorry no hope.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 16, 2012
Wen we start thinking as humans
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by nagoma(m): 10:26pm On Dec 16, 2012
k2039:

As much as I wont want Nigeria to break up, ethnic bigotry has been a big issue with the country. This is one reason why we have a big problem with leadership in the nation.
E.g: Notherners clamouring for a nothern president irrespective of wether he is the best man for the job or not.

You are obviously one of the bigots. You have a sitting southern president who doesn't know his left from his right and his tribesmen and his church still think he is the best. Shame.

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Osama10(m): 10:26pm On Dec 16, 2012
CORRUPTION.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by prettyboi1(m): 10:28pm On Dec 16, 2012
Michky: Nigeria's biggest problem is the absence of RULE OF LAW . With RULE OF LAW, problems like Embezzlement, Dictatorial decision making habit of the presidency, Corruption and Bribery, Electoral fraud, etc; will stop. With RULE OF LAW in place, it won't be long before Nigeria becomes the envy of all other nations of the world. GUARANTEED!!!
I absolutely agree with this too.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 16, 2012
Blueboy0402: I've said it before and I'll say it again, the root cause of Nigeria's problem is the fact that every ethnic group wants to dominate others. The Hausas wants to dominate, the Igbos want to domnate, the Yorubas want to dominate etc. A particular ethnic group sees itself as more superior than others. This gave birth to corruption, tribalism, Nigeria/Biafra war, quota system, federal character, ethnicism, hatred, wickedness, jelousy, unforgiveness, religious intolerance, inbalance in federal structure, relocation of federal capital from Lagos to Abuja, marginalization etc.

Each tribe has an agenda and mission. For example it is speculated that the Hausas want to Islamise Nigeria, the Igbos want Biafra, the Yorubas want regional autonomy etc. Not untill the different ethnic groups see themselves as equal in the Nigerian project, the problem will persist.
like stubborn grass they will never take heed.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by k2039: 10:31pm On Dec 16, 2012
nagoma:

You are obviouslyone of the bigots. You have a sitting southern president doesn't know his left from his right and his tribesmen and his church still think he is the best. Shame.

I'm sure you are a notherner, you just demonstrated that from your post.
I gave an example to justify the basis for my point and you think that makes me a bigot.
We obviously know the bigot between you and I

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by emiye(m): 10:33pm On Dec 16, 2012
UNITARY SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Revolva(m): 10:33pm On Dec 16, 2012
cool 1914 amalgamation, Tribalism , religious fanatism and corruption
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by k2039: 10:35pm On Dec 16, 2012
pretty_boi:
Bro,this is one of the few times I disagree with you or in fact dislike your reply. Not that we should always agree though, I still respect your opinion all the same but I just thought to say that my man.

Thanks, I'm not infallible though.

Go through the following links those where the comments I made that are related to this topic

www.nairaland.com/1134283/own-views-what-actually-nigerias#13414037
www.nairaland.com/1134283/own-views-what-actually-nigerias#13415310
www.nairaland.com/1134283/own-views-what-actually-nigerias/1#13415370
www.nairaland.com/1134283/own-views-what-actually-nigerias/2#13415709
www.nairaland.com/1134283/own-views-what-actually-nigerias/2#13415754
www.nairaland.com/1134538/ready-change-nigeria#13417510
www.nairaland.com/1134538/ready-change-nigeria#13419132
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Redstone(m): 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2012
Having grossly incompetent and irresponsible people in leadership positions both in the public and private sector.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by walexzee11(m): 11:01pm On Dec 16, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]Greediness and backbiting are d fundamental problems of Nigerian,this leads to some derived problems like:Corruption,Money laundering,bad Governance,corruptible judges,above the Law massacre Etc!!!
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by k2039: 11:12pm On Dec 16, 2012
mu2sa2: Only a mentally sick or mischievous person will blame the 1914 amalgamation for nigeria's current ills. Why didn't amalgamation stop the then Regions from making giant strides in development up to 1966 when the military cut short the visionary foresight of the Premiers. Are the slowpokes blaming the ongoing massive impoundment of public fund by politicians of all tribes and religions on amalgamation? It's obvious that the country cannot develop as long as a few people just continue to pocket public funds leaving virtually nothing for development. Blame not amalgamation but our thieving leaders for the country's travails.
I dont dispute your point.www.nairaland.com/1134283/own-views-what-actually-nigerias#13415310

But you should understand our problem existed from the onset.

Chief Obafemi Awolowo's viewpoint is that Nigeria is "a mere geographical
expression"

Also this a video of Sadauna.
[url]m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google&v=ihrJB7Lmx9I[/url]

This are our founding fathers, from their comments you will realise Nigeria's problem started from the onset, just that we had a few enlightened ones then.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Mallow: 11:25pm On Dec 16, 2012
Nigeria is its own problem.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by 401kk: 11:34pm On Dec 16, 2012
shymexx:

Zik being a true nationalist is the biggest lie ever told... I used to be a big fan of the man when I was into Pan-Africanism, being that he was the only famous "Pan-Africanist" from Nigeria... However, after reading more about the guy - personally, I think he single-handedly destroyed the little hope Nigeria had at independence...

He was more of an opportunist and a snake, trust me... I can post some of the things he did on this thread if you want... This man even betrayed his own people during the war just to save himself and his investments in Lagos... Zik was a fraud!

I don't rate snakes, I'm sorry..

What is nationalism? How is Zik not a nationalist? Zik fought for Independence in Africa; he was against colonialism; he was not a myopic tribalist.
He wasn't called Zik of Africa for nothing. He is the most revered Nigerian today (Yes).

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by ejikeND(m): 11:58pm On Dec 16, 2012
BAD LEADERSHIP IS THE MAJOR PROBLEM WE ARE HAVING IN NIGERIA NOT PDP.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by indoorlove(m): 11:59pm On Dec 16, 2012
afam4eva: Our problem is that we're yet to be a nation. Who is a Nigerian? That's the question begging for answers.
i get ur point.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by igbo2011(m): 12:00am On Dec 17, 2012
The face that we don't produce and import too many things. We must industrialize and produce to generate government revenues. We must create wealth.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by no1madman(m): 12:08am On Dec 17, 2012
Absence of true wisdom. . . fuckin dumb leaders!
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Originalsly: 12:39am On Dec 17, 2012
Greed.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by adconline(m): 12:49am On Dec 17, 2012
Nigeria does not exist! It's only exists on TV and Newspapers. Drove on Benin on Ore rd couple of days ago. From Benin to Lagos you could not drive 10km without pot holes. The roads to and fro MMA are bad. Nobody believes in Nigeria.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by yertyr(m): 1:03am On Dec 17, 2012
Constitution
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by moonraker(m): 4:39am On Dec 17, 2012
The problem doesnt have a word exactly!!! grin
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Akbee(m): 5:26am On Dec 17, 2012
we have a mirage of problems but the most outstanding ones are,insecurity,corruption,bad governance,political apathy amongst the populace.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by ceeceeco: 5:37am On Dec 17, 2012
We are the problem 2 our problems & also the solution 2 our problems.
ceeceeco: We are the problem 2 our problems & also the solution 2 our problems.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by santakris(m): 6:04am On Dec 17, 2012
Bad leadership. Simple.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Shettima Pays Homage To The Emir Of Gumel, HRH Alh Ahmad Muhammad / Lagos Civil Servants To Work On Saturdays- Fashola / Man Names His Baby After Suzette Wike After Being Helped By The Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.